SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Results-driven systems and network engineer, possessing expertise in the design, development, implementation and administration of distributed network architecture and security. Demonstrates extensive understanding of IT security and networking issues at both conceptual and technical levels enabling successful collaboration with senior management in the creation of robust networks, security policies and practices. Possesses outstanding skills as a Windows and Linux administrator with expert knowledge in open source systems and substantial experience in building low cost, efficient network solutions.
Cloud Consultant Solo
- Cloud, visualization and infrastructure consultant building and support client's IaaS and SaaS within Amazon AWS, Microsoft azure infrastructure and VMware.
- Migrate client's data center servers with the data center to both Amazon AWS and Microsoft azure infrastructure.
- Design and configured Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
- Design and configured cloud base storage within AWS S3, Azure storage and Cloud files Rackspace CDN supporting client's offline backup.
- Configured web hosting infrastructure supports both Linux and Windows base web servers with the cloud.
- Convert physical server to virtual server supporting VDI/VMware/Citrix.
Cloud Architect Consultant
- Major online mobile media company which support US and Euros media space. Build and support IaaS ad SaaS within Amazon AWS and Microsoft azure infrastructure.
- Manage 350 high volume Linux and Windows IIS7 base web servers within Amazon AWS VPC and Microsoft Azure in six regions.
- Performance tuning of MYSQL and PostgreSQL within AWS.
- Design and configured Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
- Provide troubleshooting/ performance tuning for .Net/ mobileapplications within AWS.
- Work close with both QA and App developers to deploy code changes and deploy new servers within Staging, QA and live with the aid of Puppet Enterprise.
- Support both MSSQL and PostgreSQL within AWS and Azure.
- Design and configured BGP to route internal office gateway between both Amazon AWS and Microsoft azure infrastructure.
- Migrate data center servers from New York base data center to both Amazon AWS and Microsoft azure infrastructure.
- Analytics online company support Linux, MAC O.S. X and Windows base servers and Cisco internetworking environment. Supported all network and systems Level 2-3 issues, aided technical support personnel and prepared network documentation.
- Designed and managed VSphere5 virtual servers which host Application servers within a 8 nodes HA design.
Senior Systems Administrator Contract
- An E-commerce company which sells fine art online oversight Windows base servers and Cisco internetworking environment. Supported all network and systems Level 2-3 issues, aided technical support personnel and prepared network documentation.
- Designed and managed VSphere/ESX 4 virtual servers which host Application servers in New York and Chicago data centers.
- Aid the online company to be PCI Compliance for DSS level 2 and work with other internal department.
- Act as release manager to deploy .NET codes to Development, QA and Production environments, using power shell to make changes to IIS.
- Manage Dell EqualLogic PS6000 iSCSI SAN up to 96TB of storage at each data center, designed data center storage and SAN replications over WAN.
- Manage external public DNS servers manage IIS 6 web servers which host e-commerce and support website F5 load balancers at data center.
- Configured and support Cisco ASA 5520 and ASA 5505 firewalls and Cisco 1841/2811, 7200 series routers and 4900E, 3750 cisco switches both at the New York and Chicago data centers.
- Manage Exchange 2003, Blackberry Enterprise server and Microsoft Active Directory 2003/2008 servers.
- Manage and designed BGP and OSPF WAN/LAN in the New York and Chicago data centers.
- Designed and manage e-commerce DR site for failover of production.
- Document all network and systems layout and keep security documentations up to date.
Senior Network and Server Engineer
- Brought on by this government owned highway and road oversight Company with a staff of 480, to manage and administrate an OSPF and BGP LAN /WAN covering 14 branch offices throughout the island over dual T1 and dedicated Internet access lines. Analyzed 38 blade servers and network device logs to ensure 99 uptime. Tested and maintained daily backups. Supported end users with Level 2-3 issues, aided technical support personnel and prepared network documentation.
- Designed, managed and migrated data to an HP StorageWorks 1500 'C' class storage area network with 16-terabytes capacity designed security for a Cisco MDS 9020 fabric switch, set up IPv4/IPv6 networking, and monitor network with HP OpenView NNM.
- Design and manage Single sign on to support both Microsoft and Linux user's authentication.
- Engineered network topologies for security, stability, performance and availability deployed CiscoSecure IPS/MARS that alerted management of unauthorized network access and downed network links.
- Provided subject matter expertise, thought leadership and solution/service direction for Cisco-based VPNs, WAN optimization tools, LAN switching, Wireless LANs, access control and data center technologies.
- Managed Exchange 2003/2007 back/front-ends in an eight-node cluster environment, a Nortel PBX, Oracle 10g and MS SQL 2000/2005 databases, and Red Hat Enterprise/Windows Server 2003/2008 platforms.
- Developed system testing strategies, plans, cases and conditions for testing highly complex operating and network management systems that ensured seamless deployment of systems into production environments.
- Upgraded network security from a single PIX 515E firewall to two Cisco ASA 5520 firewalls that enabled users to externally access government agency public Linux base web servers Apache Tomcat 5.0 in the DMZ at any time of the day.
- Configured, installed, tuned and audited Cisco intrusion detection and prevention systems and event aggregation systems that provided insightful data into potentially harmful network activities and trends.
- Upgraded Microsoft SQL 2000 server to Microsoft SQL 2005 within a two node cluster and supported Oracle 10G RAC.
- DesignedandmanagedMicrosoftActiveDirectory2008tosupport480 usersacrossaWAN.
Systems Administrator Contract
- Chosen by this banking league with 120 system users, to provide Cisco IP telephony support and Level 1-3 support for servers and end users. Enforced information security policies and standards, backup and data recovery plan with daily reviews of Oracle database and banking application security logs and with reviews of yearly system audits. Updated network documentation. Managed and maintained a Linux mail server running IBM Domino 7 in a DMZ, a Barracuda spam firewall, an Oracle 9i database, MS SQL Server 2000/2005 and Symantec Backup Exec 11D.
- Set up VMware ESX 3.5 base virtualization servers that saved 85 of the cost of providing backup server services and allowed the company to automate backup on Windows and Linux base servers.
- Implemented Microsoft Active Directory group policies and wrote VB scripts that governed services provided to users on a network with 320 workstations, 150 servers and 50 mobile BlackBerry devices.
- Design and manage Single sign on to support both Microsoft, Unix user's authentication.
- Configured Checkpoint UMT-1 firewall that enabled DMZ and VPN access to the league for remote users.
- Extensively researched IT security configured encryption technology and conducted penetration and vulnerability analyses of security technologies.
- Designed, implemented and managed Linux proxy server, Linux file server and a web and FTP server within a demilitarized zone.
- Ensured compliance of network, server, Cisco IP telephony and desktop environments with PCI and SOX.
- Conducted risk assessments of software and recommended improvements in web application designs.
- Deployed Citrix Presentation Server that reduced yearly application licensing fees by 93 and deployed a Barracuda spam firewall that reduced mail spoofing by 100 and cut spam by 98 .
- Deployed Oracle RAC that provided a client with failover protection for their Oracle database
- Development Tools: VB Scripts, Shell Scripts, Java, .NET, Python, SQL, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, Oracle 9i/10g Syslog-NG, Symantec Backup Exec 11D, Tivoli Netcool, CiscoWorks, Cisco NAM
- Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, VPN, LDAP, SAN, LAN, WAN, Samba, routers, switches, IDS/IPS, DMZ, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.
- OS/Servers: Solaris, Windows Server 2003/2008, Active Directory, MS SQL Server, Red Hat Enterprise Server, MS Exchange Server, Linux Squid Proxy Server, Linux PPTP VPN Server, IPSEC VPN Server, Raid 5 0, Raid 6 0 and Raid 1 0.