Seasoned Information Technology Professional with 12 years of collective experience across multiple service delivery environments (DoD, Cellular, Internet Service Provider, Enterprise). Actively seeking new, challenging positions to further my career in Computer Science and Engineering.
- TCP/IP Internet Protocol Suite (IPv4 and IPv6).
- Microsoft Office Suite
- VMware (HCI, ESXi, vSphere)
- GNS3 Network Simulator
- Cisco Router Platforms (ASR9K, Catalyst, IOS, IOS XR).
- Cisco Layer 2/3/4 Switching Platforms.
- Juniper Router Platforms (M40, M120, M160, T640, MX10, MX80, MX960, ACX4000, ACX1100).
- Alcatel Platforms (7750, 7950, 8860).
- Omniswitch 6400 and 6850e.
- Tellabs router platforms 8605, 8609, 8660 and the INM Management suite.
- Force 10 Layer 2 switches.
- Accedian NID and Accedian Management Systems.
- Layer 1 DCS’s Alcatel 1631, 5500, 6400 (TL1 based); Lucent DMX & Fujitsu 2900+
- Security appliances, such as the Cisco ASA Firewalls, Juniper SRX Series Firewall, Nokia Checkpoint Firewall I and II, Fortinet security appliances, Cisco 4200 series IPS, Cisco IOS Firewall using CBAC, Cisco 3000 series VPN concentrators, Cisco 1800 series ISR for IPSec VPN termination, Cisco Secure ACS (TACACS+, RADIUS), SNORT, AAA services.
- Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP and BGP (internal/external/multi - protocol)).
- Privatized services (L2 and L3 IPVPN).
- Layer 2 technologies (EVPL, VPLS, and MPLS using LDP and RSVP-TE, ATM & Frame-Relay).
- Experienced in the development and implementation of MEF Compliant Carrier Ethernet Services, such as ELINE, ELAN and ETREE.
- Multicast Routing Protocols (MOSPF, IGMP, and CGMP).
- Switching services (MLS, NetFlow, CEF, Priority, and Class-Based Switching).
- Network Management software solutions (Cisco Works, CWSI, HP OpenView, JunOS Space Network Management Platform and SolarWinds Orion).
- Encryption technologies (ISAKMP, PKI, RC4, Kerberos, DES, 3DES, and AES).
- Microsoft Active Directory and Systems Management Server (SMS), Windows Server Update Service (WSUS).
- Linux Distributions (Red Hat ES, Fedora CORE, Gentoo, Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian, Kali, Arch).
- Vulnerability Assessment Software (eEye Retina, Nessus, Nmap, Metasploit, and STAT Guardian).
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2003 and MySQL.
- Internet Servers (Apache, MS IIS, Tomcat) and Services (DNS, DHCP, NAT, FTP, HTML, NFS).
- Deep Packet Analysis (Wireshark, tshark, tcpdump).
Confidential, Boulder, CO
- Solely responsible for the full scale architecture, design and implementation of enterprise network capabilities.
- Implemented a new Juniper production server switching core, including upgrading to a Dell VXRail Hyper
- Converged Infrastructure environment within the primary Data Center.
- Overhauled Network Department’s provisioning, change management and standard configuration practices (e.g., implemented SD - WAN perimeter firewalls, standardized switch configurations, standardized wireless infrastructure) resulting in an overall reduction in time for comprehensive delivery of service to over 40 international and domestic sites.
- Developed networking configuration standards and standard operating procedures.
- Contributing member of the Hain Architecture Review Board helping define best practices to support future implementation of Factory Automation and Enterprise office environments.
Confidential, Castle Rock, CO
- Responsible for engineering solutions, such as the integration of a 10GIG capacity ring topology, MPLS LDP signaling, iBGP route reflection, removal of legacy static routing and redistribution environments, as well as standardization of a single interior gateway protocol (IS-IS), for the growth, development and migration of the existing private network into a service provider network.
- Collaborated on the implementation of route summarization and optimal routing through the use of an aggregated IP management design respective to each market in the core infrastructure.
- Responsible for implementing ELINE Point-to-Point products for the entire enterprise customer demographic.
- This product served the requirements of high-availability, multi-service demarcation, VLAN tagged/untagged customer termination, SLA measurement, and circuit testing (RFC 2544).
- Responsible for developing Method of Procedure documentation, demonstrating deductive reasoning for design through the use of vendor documentation, engineering solutions in-line with contemporary industry standards (IEEE) and providing technical to several other departments.
Confidential, Broomfield, CO
IP Operations Technician
- Worked on a small, dedicated team supporting the highest revenue generating accounts.
- This required expert-level knowledge of BGP, OSPF, multicast, route-reflection, and the Physical layer of the OSI model.
- Responsible for network troubleshooting of BGP, MPLS (IPVPN), latency, packet loss and DNS issues for Level (3) product offerings, such as IP VPN, MVPN, and VPLS.
- Collaborated with local exchange carriers and field technicians to troubleshoot and remediate transport level issues using loopback testing combined with BERT to isolate framing issues, faulty hardware, and damaged physical cabling that was impairing circuits.
Information Technology Specialist, Information Management Officer, LAN Manager
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing military digital communication systems by collaborating with senior supervisors in planning and coordinating the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware, software, and networking systems.
- Configured networking and telecommunication devices including switches, routers, firewalls, encryption devices, SharePoint servers, SQL servers, CISCO Call Manager Servers, VoIP phones, DHCP servers, and printer servers.
- Managed subordinates and trainees resulting in proper submission of REMEDY request tickets and resolution of end-user issues.
- Responsible for user account creation and assignment of proper permissions.
- Performed preventative maintenance on $47M worth of IT/TELECOM systems resulting in zero loss.
- Provided technical assistance to clients in person and via telephone concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, Outlook and Enterprise email, and several operating systems (Microsoft Windows, RedHat Linux, and MacOS).
- Annotated and documented system deficiencies and resolved issues for transference of duties.
- Planned, modeled, and analyzed networking architecture in support of 400+ users.
- Conducted system recovery operations for $65M worth of military systems in support of continued connectivity to LAN/WAN services through all field exercises and missions. These actions led to being honored with the Confidential .
- Monitored networks using SNMPv3 to ensure optimum availability to all users and performed routine troubleshooting of network availability.
- Administered technical guidance to customers in the operation of system hardware and software.