Proven and accomplished IT professional with demonstrated success in thinking outside the box and adept at communication and collaboration. Skilled technician with the ability to analyze, develop and implement improvements to systems and process functionality. Demonstrated ability to take on and be successful with any project or task.
Hardware: HP Proliant servers and blade centers, HP Procurve switches, Cisco PIX, Savin multifunction copiers, HP Compaq desktops & laptops, Dell OptiPlex desktops & Inspiron laptops
Software: Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), MS Active Directory, MS Group Policy, SharePoint WSS 2007, Altiris Deployment Solution, Symantec Backup Exec, Veeam Backup, Exchange Server 2007, VMware VSphere/VCenter/Vue, MS Server 2003 through 2008 R2, Windows client OS 95 through Windows 7, SQL Server 2005 through 2008R2, MS Access, All MS Office applications, PaperCut print management, Visual Basic, Java, SQL, HTML and batch scripting
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Network and Systems Management and Troubleshooting
- Team Building and Communication
- Software Integration and Deployment
- Project Planning and Implementation
- Process and Systems Improvement
- Regulatory Adherence
- Windows Server Administrator
- Responsible for incident resolution and problem management
- Responsible for incident analysis and triage
- Unix Application development for major financial application
- Directly responsible for deployment, inventory and support for over 1,400 desktop and laptop computer systems.
- Software management and deployment. Build and deploy over 300 software packages through SCCM and remote scripting.
- Assist in managing and updating over 50 physical and virtual servers.
- Test and deploy software updates and patches to all desktop and server systems utilizing WSUS and SCCM.
- SharePoint designer and security manager. Responsible for SharePoint and database servers.
- Oversee active directory and group policy environment. Designs and implement group policy.
- Manage the districts 18 networked Savin MFD’s.
- Implemented and designed district SharePoint site which enabled paperless student record management initiative and collaboration between department teams.
- Redesigned print server environment.
- Utilized PaperCut to managed and track printing and copying to all network printers and MFD’s.
- Designed and configured kiosk 180 thin clients used to access internet and remote desktop sessions for elementary and middle schools.
- Created help - desk server environment utilized by school district which tracks and manages 1,500 tickets per year.
- Designed software database to track and manage the district’s 250 licensed software applications.
- Developed VMware View test project to see if it was a possible replacement for terminal server farm.
- Managed help-desk and lead a team of two on a day to day basis to resolve trouble tickets.
- Second and third tier network/desktop support and troubleshooting to include WAN/LAN/VPN connectivity issues, telecom and system hardware issues.
- Thin-client manager for over 1000 HP thin clients utilizing Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server.
- Responsibilities included configuration, package deployment, imaging and software updates.
- PBX and CAT5 network cabling for call center and remote offices in New England.
- Managed PBX and IP phone systems for call center.
- IT and telecom equipment management and deployment for all New England offices.
- Updated, cleaned and verified Confidential ’s customer database to prep for conversion.