- 7+ Years of Experience as DevOps Engineer for complex systems. Experience in designing the CI/CD process including Software Configuration Management, development cycles, Server configuration, Continuous Integration, Product packaging and managing Release cycles under a variety of technologies.
- Hands on experience working with Version Control tool GIT to perform various tasks such as create and edit repository configurations and assigning access parameters to users, branching repositories depending upon project requirements, Generating logs and reviewing changes.
- Experience in source code management by performing multiple operations on Github and Bitbucket repository servers. Managed projects and individual repositories of each project, Created multiple repositories, Edited roles and permissions for users based on projects and repositories access protocols and also expert in decommissioning repositories when they the project lifecycle comes to an end.
- Experience with Amazon Web Service and Azure Cloud domains. Exposure to Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba cloud, DigitalOcean and Rackspace.
- Experienced in AWS services such as EC2, ELB, Auto - Scaling, S3 Buckets, IAM, VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Lambda, Elastic Cache, Glacier, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, Elastic Load Balancing, Beanstalk, EMR, AWS Workspaces.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure virtual networks, virtual machines, cloud services, resource groups, express route, traffic manager, VPN, load balancing, application gateways, auto-scaling, reading Azure VMs, storage accounts, VHDs, storage pools, migrating on premise servers to Azure and creating availability sets in Azure.
- Expertise in working with Ansible to design playbooks for amazon machine images (AMI) required to provision EC2 instance using Terraform. Worked on building playbooks to hold server configuration and deployment configuration for deploying applications to application servers. Worked on Ansible tower to run playbooks and worked on playbook automation.
- Experience in provisioning various services in AWS and azure using Terraform to create and destroy multiple instances, Experience in interpolation of variables, Worked on change management and server decommissioning using Terraform. Created multiple environments with multiple servers inside each environment with different hardware configurations on AWS and Azure using Terraform.
- Worked on Jenkins pipelines in AWS and azure cloud service providers to perform several operations on the source code. Integrated SCM to Jenkins using webhooks, Configured Jenkins instance with all the required configurations and access protocols, worked on configuring Jenkins pipelines using freestyle projects, pipelines and multibranch pipelines. Worked on shared library to build reusable code and developed a method to use script ID with input variable configuration declaration in .env file. Worked on developing Jenkinsfile with automation for complex project structures depending upon the application team requirements.
- Experience in handling tickets using ServiceNow, Implementing disaster recover, Logging in Change management, Incident management and solving the tickets based on SLA timeline, detailed log of implementations in the architecture using ServiceNow tickets.
- Expertise in handling tickets using JIRA to track the progress assigned in the user story to make the changes required by the application team. Tracked the progress in sprint sessions. Updated JIRA tickets and task tracking at the end of every sprint and updated the daily progress to the tickets on daily basis as well.
- Performed configuration and deployment orchestration solution for system administrators who perform various tasks such as configuring, provisioning, troubleshooting and maintaining server operations using Chef, Ansible and Puppet.
- Worked on migration of offline database infrastructure to cloud using several database technologies such as Oracle DB, MySQL, NoSQL, AWS RDS, Dynamo DB and Redis.
- Worked on Redis queries to speed up the pipelining with request/response protocols to call several functionalities and operations associated with scripting rules, Worked on Pub/Sub messaging paradigms, Lua scripting/debugging for Redis scripts, Worked on memory optimizations, Integrating Redis Module APIs with several functionalities.
- Worked on Jfrog and Nexus artifactory to create maven repositories, NPM repositories and docker registries to save build artifacts and docker images for deployment and rollback services when required.
- Experience on SonarQube to check the code quality and code coverage by using custom quality gates and quality profiles for multiple programming languages. Included this tool as a pipeline build step.
- Worked on Blackduck and Veracode to perform scans for open source vulnerability and application integrity. Included these tools as build steps in the pipelines and also granted exclusive access to developers depending upon requests.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like continuous deployment, Application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has integrated Ansible with Jenkins. Wrote Ansible playbooks with Python SSH, Managed configurations of AWS nodes and tested playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Developed Ansible scripts for AWS Orchestration and designed new back end services, Maintaining and expanding of AWS infrastructure.
- Expertise on working with Docker and Kubernetes to perform various tasks such as orchestrating the deployment, scaling and management of Docker containers, Docker images and Docker hub. Used Jenkins pipeline to drive all micro service build outputs to the Docker registry and deployed to Kubernetes. Utilized Docker and Kubernetes for the run time environment of CI/CD system to build and test deployments. Worked on documenting tasks on confluence
- Experienced in splunk upgradations, troubleshooting splunk, migrating infrastructure and capacity planning. Responsible with splunk searching and reporting modules, knowledge objects, administration, add-ons, clustering and forwarder management. Monitored and created all forwarders in a centralized deployment server. Configured and deployed complex dashboards and reports in splunk. Used new relic add-on which includes field extractions and mappings for the splunk ITSI module for application performance monitoring.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure
Automation Tools: Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet
Continuous Integration (CI): Jenkins, Bamboo and Gitlab
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, Github
Infrastructure As Code: Terraform, AWS Cloud formation
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Nginx, WebLogic, Web Sphere
Database Systems: Oracle DB, MySQL, AWS RDS, Dynamo DB, Redis
Scripting Languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash/Shell Scripting, Groovy
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Nginx, WebLogic, Websphere
Scripting Languages: Groovy, Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell Scripting
Monitoring Tools: Elk, New relic, Splunk, Logstash, Nagios
Containerization Technology: Docker
Orchestration Tools: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesosphere, Marathon
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix, Linux
Package Managers: Maven, Nodejs, Gradle, Windows Build tools
Code Security: SonarQube, Blackduck Scan, Veracode
Artifactory: Nexus, Jfrog
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Extensive experience working on AWS servers and Azure servers performing several operations to provision services using Terraform.
- Managing and Navigating through several repositories in Github and Bitbucket, assigning unique identifier tags such as asset ID, Production ID, Configuration ID.
- Working on Jfrog Artifactory for consolidating all repositories under a central binary repository manger. Storing artifacts of successful builds and deploying builds to the QA server/ Production server.
- Worked on creating AMIs using Ansible Playbooks for provisioning instances using Terraform. Worked on Ansible tower to develop and automate server configuration for deployments into multiple server environments.
- Hands on experience working with Jenkins pipelines, Created and managed multiple projects based on folder view with their respective contents and dependencies inside the folder. Created active directory groups for access parameters for several teams in the project. Expertise in creating different types of pipelines in Jenkins such as free style projects, pipelines and Multibranch Pipelines using shared libraries. Utilized both shared libraries and Script IDs.
- Worked on Bamboo Pipelines for offline infrastructure projects. Deployed builds and apps on Bamboo. Organized Nodes, Agents, and Tokens, Build tools setup, Repository integration and several other Administrator modules.
- Integrated Veracode project integrity scan to the entire lifecycle of the project. Eliminated several security threats
- Worked on SonarQube and BlackDuck to scan the repositories for vulnerabilities, Enhancing quality of the code and reducing security threats.
- Worked on Veracode to scan projects. Followed packaging guidelines and automated veracode build step in Jenkins pipelines to trigger automated package upload to specific veracode application and sandbox in veracode server.
- Worked on Groovy and Python Scripting to configure shared libraries to reuse multiple micro functions by calling shared library declaration in the Jenkins file and parsing arguments for the respective micro functions.
- Worked on CA release Automation to deploy several artifacts in the Jfrog repository. Created custom modules to keep track of various components such as online nodes, offline nodes, total nodes, count of deployments, errors, failed deployments, and time gated deployments.
- Worked on creating artifactory to store build artifacts generated by package managers. Created maven repository, NPM repository and docker registries in local to store all the artifacts and docker images to create disaster recovery methodologies to implement automated rollback and backup solutions.
- Worked on containerization of application using docker file by either importing image or creating a container with custom configuration.
- Worked on ServiceNow to create logs, Change management, Ticket tracking and solving tickets based on the timeline assigned.
- Worked on JIRA for sprint sessions with user story and task assignment for approaching weekly targets. Hosted meetings, assigned targets and tasks for weekly progression.
- Worked on ServiceNow platform with the team to solve complex incidents, problems and tasks with several inputs from several clients/ customers.
- Worked on Docker containers for containerizing applications and builds to perform various tasks.
- Worked on Mesosphere and Kubernetes by deploying configurations using Yaml files and also orchestrating the container management. Created pods, clusters, nodes. Assigned master and worker nodes for extensive scaling of the modules.
- Worked on Splunk API for monitoring the health, resources and logs of the infrastructure.
- Documented several tasks and projects using Confluence. Currently working on Jenkins security protocols by implementing AIM agent for cyber Ark and enforcing repository security by integrating with Aveska identity and access management platform using several Aveska products.
- Worked on monitoring using Elk stack to pull data from logs using jsons and built dashboards and automated the data flow for more detailed reports.
- Administrated and maintained confluence workspaces based on project and team permissions. Documented several tasks on Confluence.
Environment: s: AWS, Azure, Jenkins, Bamboo, Github, Bitbucket, Jfrog, CA release automation, BlackDuck, Veracode, SonarQube, Confluence, JIRA, ServiceNow, AIM Agent, CyberArk, Aveska, Kubernetes, Mesosphere, Groovy and Python Scripting.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF, and EBS etc.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins, Maven as build framework tools.
- Participate in Multiple Projects Architectures and Strategic Decisions meetings to Architect the new Software systems or modify the Existing ones.
- Designing and Implementing AWS cloud-based solutions for on premise applications.
- Responsible for automating the complete project using orchestrator and deploying the stacks in multiple environments.
- Deployed AWS using Terraform on EC2 instance server and automated the complete deployment environments.
- Migrated and automated cloud deployments using API's, Ansible, python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Expertise in using IAM to create and manage AWS users and groups, and use permissions to allow and deny their access to AWS resources.
- Regular review and monitor each of your IAM policies to improve the security of your AWS account.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Ansible, and Maven in Linux environment.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Created Python Scripts to Automate AWS services which include web servers, ELB, Cloud front Distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this Script creates stacks, single servers or joins web servers to stacks.
- Used Cloud formation to spin up resources effectively, Creating blueprint documents and templates in Cloud formation. Orchestrated provisioning of desired resources using cloud formation.
- Implemented automation scripts for AWS API calls, wait loops, retry logic and several other operations using Cloud Formation. Achieved various operational results such as automatic rollbacks, cleanups and event logging and helpful AWS support using cloud formation.
- Used Terraform to automate, manage and provision infrastructure. Hosted webservers and load balancer for provisioning of resources to optimize the project.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation. Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Terraform Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs. Worked with Terraform to create AWS components like EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB, Security groups and Configured RDS instances using Cloud Formations and Terraform. Authored Terraform modules for infrastructure management. Authored and published a module to the Terraform registry for enterprise customers to deploy our product inside their AWS environment
- Created reference Architecture and built Minimum Viable product (MVP) for containerization platform using Docker and Kubernetes. Worked with Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud. Installed and managed Kubernetes applications using helm and created private cloud that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments. Deployed Kubernetes Cluster with master/minion architecture and wrote many YAML files to create many services.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Configured, Automated and Deployed Chef configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used Ansible and Ansible tower as configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications and proactively manage changes.
- Implemented Python code using Ansible Python API to automate cloud deployment process, Developed Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Used Ansible playbooks to setup continuous delivery pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible playbooks, Used Ansible to document all infrastructures into version control.
- Worked on Monitoring systems Nagios, Splunk and repository nexus.
- Configured Jenkins to create Docker image for build and performed tests on a Docker container.
- Managed development team of 6 members by sharing resources and assigning goals and tasks on daily and weekly basis and reporting to project manager on daily basis.
- Implemented Redis migration for higher optimization and better performance as well as scalability.
- Worked on memory optimization for faster query times and responses using Redis.
- Worked on Redis mass insertion while migrating.
- Involved in development of test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Developed micro service on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and micro service container orchestration.
Environment: s: Jenkins, Cloud formation, AWS, Confluence, Cloud watch, Ansible, Docker, RDS, Apache Tomcat, Maven, Weblogic, Nexus, EC2, Git, Chef, SNS, Redis, Ansible, shell/Perl, Amazon VPC, Json, PostgreSql, Bash, bitbucket, Python, Pom.Xml, Linux, Windows.
Confidential, North Charleston, SC
- Automated Continuous Integration builds and release infrastructure for customized advertising and merchandising site and web service.
- Created resource group which includes virtual machines, network interface, virtual networks, Subnets, load balancers, storage accounts, functions and SQL databases.
- Created CI/CD Pipelines in Azure DevOps environments by providing their dependencies and tasks.
- Created azure key-vault in order to store all the credentials for SQL databases and for API keys.
- Managed Azure instances with vRealize Operations Manager by building customized dashboards which give frequent updates on enterprise-grade metrics and intelligent alerts.
- Worked with automation tools which are pre-installed in azure Devops portal to build the packages. The automation tools like ANT and MAVEN with build.xml and pom.xml scripting languages depending on the packages like java or python or .NET.
- Integrate structured and unstructured data from on-premises and cloud data sources, transform data in big data and data warehouse engines, then load your data marts into Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- Expertise in DevOps team, CI (Continuous Integration and, deployment, also provide automated deployments of full application stack using Jenkins/Docker, Ongoing migration of mixed CVS/SVN SCMs over to GIT, done deployment of Docker containers for development, as well as manage by maintaining RHEL 6/ CentOS servers run on diversified DevOps systems.
- Experience on Kubernetes for creating Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes to be accessible from outside, Creation of Pods through new application and control the scaling of pods, troubleshooting pods through ssh and logs.
- Designed, planned and implemented for existing On-Perm applications to Azure Cloud (ARM), Configured and deployed Azure Automation Scripts utilizing Azure stack (Compute, Web and Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, Azure Data Lake, HDInsight Clusters, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Cloud Services and ARM), Services and Utilities focusing on Automation.
- Used Kubernetes for running/managing containers, images and container snapshots, while providing a platform for automating, deploying, scaling and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Solid experience in building Artifacts using various build tools like Ant, Maven and Gradle and store back to Nexus, JFROG and Artifactory, efficiently run environmental jobs by using provisioning tools like Docker and Vagrant. And, also have experience on Bitbucket server.
- Performed several execution processes such as monitoring using Grafana, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) stack, sent notifications using Nagios, used Kibana for visualizing data and navigate the Elastic Stack and leverage the Elastic Maps Service to visualize geospatial data.
- Proficient in DNS, DHCP and IP Addressing, and involved in their installation, configuration, maintenance and implementation of services like NFS, LDAP, Apache SMTP, SSH, HTTP and RPM management, for administrating Capacity Planning, Performance Analysis, Uptime and Response time analysis.
- Implemented writing scripts like Bash, Ruby, Perl, Python, Shell and PowerShell, also created test scripts in SOAP UI and Restful for Testing Web Services, and PowerShell scripts are created to automate common activities and test them.
- Moved database from on-premises and Azure cloud to a centralized data store in the cloud and monitored Copy Data activity in an Azure data pipeline.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins on AZURE.
- Worked on Monitoring systems Nagios and Splunk and repository nexus.
Environment: s: Microsoft Azure, Jenkins, Cloud formation, Confluence, Cloud watch, Chef, Docker, RDS, Apache Tomcat, Maven, Nexus, GIT, SNS, SQS, shell, Perl, Amazon VPC, PostgreSql, Bash, Bitbucket, Python, Linux, Windows.
- Implementing CI/CD using Jenkins Pipeline using Docker-Jenkins Integration.
- Responsibilities include developing complex build, test, provision, secure and deployment systems and providing support to a large community of developers and tester.
- Worked on Branching and Merging, Resolving Branching Strategy maintaining Branching strategy using GIT.
- Writing basic plays for On-premise Server Management.
- Implementing Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker & Swarm, Maven and Jenkins.
- Executing builds and troubleshooting builds, Interaction with development and QA teams.
- Created Ansible Playbooks for Push Button Deployments through Jenkins.
- Managed Server configuration through Ansible Playbooks.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Test cases reports & Code Coverage details.
- Managed package repositories like Jfrog, Artifactory and Sonatype Nexus.
- Good team player and also have ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
- Well organized, results oriented individual with proven ability to implement standards, procedures and processes that improve business functionality.
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of various systems problems such as application, network and hardware related issues.
- Involved in Agile process, by-weekly Sprints and, daily Scrums to discuss the progress.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environment. Energetic and perseverant self-starter.
- Working on AWS cloud to manage and configure EC2, S3, EBS, AMI, ELB, AUTOSCALING, VPC etc.
Environment: s: Build infrastructure design, SCM, GIT, Docker Swarm, Ansible, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Configuration Management, Release Automation, Installers, Packaging, Build languages, Scripting, Shell, Ant, Maven, Linux, Apache Tomcat, Nexus, Monitoring tools, AWS.
Build and Release Engineer
- Handling the day-to-day Operations, Install software, manage file systems, monitoring performance and troubleshoot alerts.
- Building & configuring Red Hat Linux systems over the network, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Installation and configuration of Web Sphere (4.0) in Windows and Linux.
- Installation and configuration of DB2 v 7.2 in Windows.
- Configuring of JDBC Providers, Data Source, Virtual Hosting.
- Installed fix packs to overcome App server problems and installed IBM HTTP Server.
- Collection of JVM statistics, garbage collection data for monitoring the heap and physical memory.
- Responsible for performance of the J2EE Applications.
- Providing support to performance tuning.
- Deployment support for the J2EE Applications.
- SVN administration like give access for branches and SVN repositories.
- Creating SVN repositories and give access rights to the authorized developers.
- Initiated responsibility for administering the SVN and GIT servers, which included install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating repository/branches, merging, writing hooks scripts, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins, Nexus, SVN, Blade logic and WebSphere.
- Involved in troubleshooting the application using logs, traces etc.
- Monitoring the sites of reliance logistics and taking backups of the databases using DLT Tapes.
- Interacting with the clients and IDC people at DAKC.
- Involvement in the code movement required for site up gradation, enabling of firewall ports between servers for communication purposes.
Environment: s: Linux Servers in Virtualized environments, Bind, Apache, MySQL, nginx, configuration management tools, SVN, Jenkins, ANT, Load balancing, Firewalls, iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy, Ansible, SVN, Puppet, Agile, AWS, EC2, Docker, JIRA, PowerShell.