- Highly Motivated IT professional with over 10+ years of experience in Windows Administration, Networking, Linux, and VMware Virtualization. Maintained and Supported Enterprise Microsoft platform and customized business applications.
- Experience in installing, configuring Windows 2012/2008/2003 and ESXi on HP Proliant blade servers, Dell Power Edge R - 710/R-620/R-610 Servers. Installed racked and stacked HP Blade Servers, Cisco UCS Servers in multiple data centers. Familiar with HP ILO, Cisco UCS Manager, Cisco IOS commands & Tools.
- Specialized on VMware ESXi, and vSphere 4.x/5.x/6.x environments with vCenter Management, VMware vApps. Assisted in resolving associated system outages and other incidents.
- Experience in Configure, build, implement, and administer ESXi Servers including patches and updates using VMware Update Manager. Experience on ESXi Architecture, guest OS installation, setup of VM priorities, cloning and Snapshots.
- Experience and knowledge in installing and implementing VMware ESXi server, VMware virtual center, setting up V-Motion, HA, DRS, and related VMware products such as VM Workstation, VMware converter VM Backup products and other products for virtualization. Provide support for global Virtual Infrastructure VMware, assist with capacity planning, analysis, and monitoring.
- Expertise in installing configuring and troubleshooting on Windows2008, 2008R2, 2012and 2016 servers using enterprise standards. Experience in Windows Server provisioning, Upgrades, Patching, Configuration and Performance Tuning in Windows, and VMware environments.
- Experience in creation of Windows 2003/2008 servers utilizing templates, custom ISO's, & PowerCLI scripts. Experience writing both Power Shell, PowerCLI scripts for build and operations environment to develop, test, and implement automation. Utilized scripts to automate Virtual Machine builds, & DNS entry configurations.
- Experience implementing WSUS and SCCM for centralizing the OS patch management throughout the data center on the servers running windows operating system.
- Hands on experience in Windows Active Directory Administration, GPO, DHCP, DNS, DFS, LDAP, SCCM, SCOM, SharePoint, MS Exchange 2003/2007/2010 . Troubleshot both hardware and software in windows environment. Administration and upgrade from Windows 2003 to 2008 active directory and domains.
- Experience and proficiency in handling 24x7 production support and on-call customer service for applications dealing with critical Production Support Issues, diagnose, fix bugs identified and provide quick resolutions attaining SLA’s.
- Performed data center migrations, OS version upgrade projects on Windows, Unix, VMWARE, storage platform refresh projects, POC’s
- Hands on experience in SAN concepts of iSCSI, NFS, and Fiber Channel protocols, Fiber Channel cabling, switching, and zoning.
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud in AWS EC2, ELB, VPC, Cloud Formation Templates, and Cloud Watch Monitoring to leverage and manage AWS Instances.
Hardware Technology (Server, Storage, Network): Vblock720, HP Prolaint DL 120/360/380/580 on all generation from G4 to G8. HP Blade Server Bl 460 G1, G7 and G8 on HP enclosure c 7000, Cisco UCS B and c seriesOperating System (Server and Client): MS Windows Server 2012, Windows 2008 R2/2008/2003/NT Server, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, WINs, DFS, IIS 6.0/7.0, DFS, SCCM, SCOM, Active Directory Replication, WDS, WSUS, LDAP, Windows Clustering, Exchange 2003/2007/2010 , Windows 2000 Pro/XP, 10/8/7, Linux, RHEL 7.2/6.0/5.5, CentOS 7.2/6.0, Ubuntu, Debian
Storage Management: EMC & SAN, NAS, DAS
High availability software: Microsoft Clustering for Mysql and application on two and 4 Nodes on windows 2008 and windows 2003, F5 Load Balancer and Failover.
Server Virtualization: VMware ESX and ESXi 4.1/5.1/6.0, vSphere, vCenter 2.5/5.1, vRealize, vMotion, VMware Update Manager.
Network and Storage Protocols: iSCSI, FCP, TCPIP protocol suite, NTP, ReFS/NTFS/Fat32 File Systems, NFS, NIS, DNS, SSH, ARP, RARP, HTTP/S, DHCP. Windows SMB Share, File Server Resource Manager, FTP, RAID Levels
Other Networking Protocols: IP Addressing, LAN/WAN, L2-L3 Switches (VLANs, VPN), Routers (Routing Table, ACL, NAT), Firewalls (Windows-Firewalls, Firewall Rules, ACL, Hardware-Software Firewalls, Proxy Server), Load Balancers, Routing/Non-Routing protocols- STP, RIPv1,2, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF.
Network Tools: Wire shark, Nmap, Tcpdump, HP Insight Manager, HP Omniview, SolarWind, VMware Manager
Directory Services (AD): AD Administrative Center. AD Domain Services, AD Sites and Services, AD Certifying Services, AD Federation Services, SAML, LDAP (Kerboses Protocol, IAM, SSO, RBAC), Active Directory Replication.
Applications: MS Active Directory 2012/2008/2003/2000 , DHCP, DNS, WINs, IIS 6.0 /7.0, FTP, DFS, SCCM, SCOM, AD Replication, WSUS, LDAP, SharePoint, Windows Clustering, 2003/2008, Exchange 2003/2007/2010
Databases: MS Access 2003, MS SQL Server, Oracle 10i, SQL
Scripting Languages: Power Shell, Bash Scripting
Deployment tools: SCCM, WSUS, WDS, RDM /RDS, Hotfix
Antivirus: Comodo / McAfee Anti-Virus 11, Symantec Endpoint
- Expertise in maintain and deploy Infrastructure as a Service clouds running on both open-source and commercial cloud products. Environments consists of LINUX and Windows systems, Active Directory, DNS, Data Protection, Network Attached Storage, Storage Area Networks, massively scaled storage solutions, and many tools used to support and automate these ecosystems.
- Support and maintain communication and project workflow between development, architecture, implementation and operations teams all working towards to same goal.
- Understand troubleshooting massively scaled server and storage systems in a production environment.
- Proven ability to successfully navigate and perform in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment, and effectively multi-task multiple priorities in a team-oriented setting.
- Knowledge and support of Group policy, DNS, DHCP, Cluster Administration, Network Load Balancing.
- Experience with Unix/Linux(RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS) and Windows server (W2K8, W2K12) systems interoperability.
- Responsibility to help keep servers accurately configured and operating, If any servers goes down we troubleshoot and open a case with respective (Dell, ZenSar).
- Configuration management tools (CFEngine, SCCM, other), Design/Planning software such as Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project.
- Updates, patching and software installations via group policies GPO.
- Implementing GPO’s to control and monitor the environment.
- Configuration and Maintenance of Microsoft Windows cluster Servers.
- Distribute packages via SCCM server across all the desktops and servers.
- Administering Windows 2003/2008/2012 Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS and building new windows physical/virtual servers as per the requirement of the project.
- Installed and configure maintenance of Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2016 Servers with Active Directory Infrastructure, DNS, and DHCP.
- Implemented Microsoft DHCP, DNS, WINS, Domain trust relationship, fault tolerance, file and print services, user and group management.
- Active Directory user and security group creation in AD, create shares and designate permissions for specific groups.
- Installing and configuring Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6/Windows Server 2003/2008 on ESXi 4.1.1/5.0 based environment residing on HP Blades as required for UAT/Production.
- Updating UCS firmware, drivers through policies & commission/ decommission of blades and chassis. Creating policies and building SAN boot blades servers.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS Etc. with Ansible.
- Disk space increase using VMware converter and importing of virtual machines using VMware converter.
- Monitored and managed performance of ESXi servers and Virtual Machines.
- Install applications, applied patches, and software updates for Windows and UNIX/Linux servers.
- Create virtual switches and port groups, configure virtual networking settings for redundancy by teaming up NICs, and configure network traffic, security and load balancing policies.
- Configuration of Cisco UCS Servers, installation of test-based images on the Servers.
- Designed and Implemented Microsoft Active Directory.
- Upgraded the firmware on the blades if required on HP Blade servers, Dell Racks & Cisco UCS.
- Created RHEL and Windows Virtual Machines as per the business requirements.
- Used Intune for Configuring devices to ensure they meet company security and health standards and manage the mobile apps your workforce uses.
- Installed and Implemented VMware ESXi 5.5environment.
- Upgrade current technologies with patches and firmware, as well as new versions.
- Implemented Migration from VMWARE to AWS using VMDK Import tools.
- Planning and implementing Backup and Recovery Procedures Hot, Cold Backups and RMAN, scheduling daily backups and performed periodic recovery tests.
- Patch Management using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Remote Access using Terminal services. VPN access to enterprise resources. Set up connectivity between head office and remote location for users.
Environment: Windows 2000/2003/2008 , Exchange Server 2003, Windows XP/Vista/Win 7, VMware ESXi 4/5 Server, VMware vSphere 4/5, ESX 4/5, VMware vCenter, VMware Standalone Convertor, Open filer iSCSI SAN/NAS, iStore SAN, Dell PowerEdge Servers, Dell Power Vault NAS
Window System Administrator
- Involved in design, implementation, and maintenance of current large-scale physical and virtual consolidated infrastructures as well as with the design, test and implementation of future technologies within virtual space.
- Supported VMware, specifically ESXi VSphere 5 to monitor cluster performance, optimize the server environment, diagnose and resolve production issues amongst 3 Data Centers and over 1800 servers.
- Performed ESXi Hosts and Virtual Machine migrations between Development, Integration, and Production environments and across Datacenters.
- Create and deploy VMs within Hyper-V environment from Scratch, also designed a Hyper-V failover cluster for a business-critical application.
- Responsible for software upgrades, application support and optimization.
- Involved in live migration of Virtual Machines and Virtual machines files using the vMotion and Storage vMotion.
- Implemented and Tested desktop virtualization and introduced VMware View to the client.
- Planned and Set up the Web Server environment for SSO Single Sign On technology.
- Windows systems administration including installing system Security Patches, Hot Fixes.
- Reviewed tasks, issues and recommend changes to reduce problem reoccurrences.
- Performed Production Server Support and Automated Information Systems assistance.
- Configured Network and Server Software, Hardware and peripheral devices to resolve network issues.
- Provided performance metrics, workload status update, and project status updates at biweekly workload tracking meetings.
- Setup and configure Cisco UCS Chassis, Fabric Interconnects and Blades.
- Upgraded Windows 2008 to Windows 2012.
- Updating/patching Windows Virtual Machines in VMware clusters
- Experience using a formalized change management and incident management process.
- Experience in troubleshooting DRS Cluster errors with shares, pools, and limits.
- Involved in Troubleshooting ESXi host issues with VMware.
- Experience utilizing Virtual Center, including VSphere Command-Line Interface commands.
- Install new and rebuild existing Servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Installed, Configured and Maintained infrastructure systems such as ticketing systems.
- Maintained data center environment and monitoring equipment.
- Performed daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Created, changed, and deleted the User Accounts per request.
Environment: Microsoft Server 2008/2008R2 2012, Windows 7/XP, VMware ESXi 4.1/5.1, VMware Vsphere 5, VMware View.VMware ESX 4.0 ESXi 5.5/6.0 vSphere 5.0/5.5/56.0 , vCenter 5.5/56.0, MS, Clusters, SAN, NIC, EMC, Wintel Win 2008, 2012, Virtual Switches.
- Involved in Installation, Configuration, and Maintenance of Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2016 on HP Proliant Servers.
- Created User Accounts and Groups in Active Directory AD.
- VM's also maintained FTP Sites, Web Server, & created Virtual Directories in IIS7.
- Cloning, deploying VM's to Template, Templates to VM's, VMotion, Storage VMotion etc. Configured the NTP server in ESXi Server for the time synchronization between ESXi and VM's.
- Involved in troubleshooting the issues related to Servers, Local Services, Data Centers, and Server Configuration for Microsoft Windows Systems.
- Generated report summary and performance for ESXi Servers and VM's. Created snapshots for the VM's and also created new folders, data centers, clusters and resource pools in the VC.
- Involved in Scheduling Tasks, Monitoring Tasks, created alarms and Deploying load balancing, implementing Network security.
- Deploying HA DRS Cluster, Managing resources. Migrating virtual machine configuration files and virtual disks from one Data store to another Data store. Migration of servers P2V and V2V by using VMware Converter and Plate Spin.
- Upgraded the environment from VI 3.5 to vSphere 4.0
- Installation and configuration of VMware VSphere 4.0, ESX 3.5 on a HP Proliant BL C 7000 Server (C-class), VMware Infrastructure Client, VMware VirtualCenter, and License Server.
- Problem analysis and Troubleshooting of ESXi Server with service console. Resolving issues on servers, VLANs, routers, and switches in the data center.
- Configure and upgrade Flex-10/Flex Fabric Shared Uplink Sets, SAN Fabrics, and Server Profiles on Virtual Connect Manager for BL460c, BL680c g6/g7/g9 on HP C7000 enclosures.
- Troubleshooted CISCO Routers, Switches and Servers.
- Involved in Customizing VM's Memory, hard disk, NIC and Analyzing log files, Resources utilizing monitoring.
- Upgradation of Active directory 2003 to 2008 and troubleshooting AD problems.
- Responsible in using BMC Remedy System for incident, change and problem management.
- Created new VMware virtual machines to meet the specifications provided by the Client.
- Configured VMotion for Hardware Resource Management.
- Troubleshooting the Hung VM Sessions on ESXi Host and sending the files to VMware support for resolutions.
- Supported and Managed VMware ESXi 3.5 and 4.0 infrastructure for production/non-production environments including HA/DRS Clustering.
- Creating and managing security groups and reconciliation of the same regularly.
- Involved in On Call rotation for supporting production strictly maintaining SLA's.
- Created documentation for Server Builds, Application Installations, Mapping the drives and Issues, which occur during software upgrades.
Environment: VMware ESXi 3.5 ESXI 4.0, VSphere 4.1, Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory 2003, and HP Proliant Servers
Windows Administrator/IT Support Specialist
- Configured and maintained Active Directory - User Management, implementing various policies for the user using the group policies on Windows 2008 Windows 2008 R2 Server.
- Implement Root, Forest and Child Domain System with Additional Domain Server in the different sites.
- Configure the Remote Access Server for the remote client, Print and File Servers and granted access to users using Group Policies.
- Created User Accounts, Configured User Profiles, created local and Global Groups and implemented Group Policies. Performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning, memory upgrades.
- Implemented Windows 2008 Server as Backup Domain Controller for Active Directory.
- Updating/patching Linux, Windows Virtual Machine in VMware clusters
- Configured and Maintained DNS, DHCP and WINS on Windows 2008 Server.
- Shared Folders, Planned and Assisted in configuring NTFS Permissions.
- Upgraded Windows 2003 to Windows 2008.
- Configured and Implemented VMware on HP ProLiant Blade Servers.
- Installation of Operating Systems Win98, Win XP, Win NT, Win 2000, Win 2003.
- Coordinate hardware and software installations and upgrades to ensure work is performed in accordance with company policy.
- Provide support for mixed platform environment: Win XP, Mac OS, Android, and IOS, laptops, desktops and phone system.
- Installing Network Devices, Configuring and maintaining the network.
- Subnet and assign IP addresses to the devices. Configured LANs, VLANs.
- Coordinate and monitor troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems: document system events to ensure continuous functioning.
- Recommend course of action and implement as approved.
- Troubleshoot the DNS servers by using tools like lookup, event logging, debug logging.
- Monitor server hardware, performance, and up time and respond to outages promptly.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via ticketing system.
- Train end users on software and various other applications and hardware.
- Document server builds, server outages, and backup failures.
ENVIRONMENT: Windows 2008 Servers, Active Directory, Network Printers, Windows XP/7.