- More than 25 years experience, innovative, achievement - oriented, proactive and self-starter Network/Data Center/Cloud/Virtualization Engineer, Cisco CCNP/CCNA certified.
- Expert level abilities in a network routers/switches/data center servers/SAN/NAS/clouds/virtualization deployment, configuration, scripting, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Able to quickly learn, evaluate and apply new technologies and adapt to new environments.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Agile process.
- Effective team worker, equally comfortable working alone without supervision.
- Work accordingly actual needs and interests of customers.
Network devices: Cisco routers ISR 1900 2900 3900 ASR 100x, Catalyst Switches 2960 3650 3850 4500 6500 Nexus 5000 6000 7000 9000 , Cisco ASA 5505 5510 5512- X ASAv, IBM/ Confidential /Mellanox InfiniBand and Ethernet switches.
Wireless equipment: Cisco/Linksys, Ubiquiti, Netgear, Motorola, Asus.
WAN equipment: MPLS, ADSL, xPON, 3G/4G LTE modem.
Network Virtualization: Vmware NSX, Cumulus Linux, proficient in Cisco ACI.
Data Center equipment: Cisco UCS E C B M series; IBM/ Confidential Blade/Flex/PureSystem, SAN IBM/ Confidential Storewise v3700 v7000, EMC VMX, Netapp E5600. Ethernet/FC/InfiniBand deep technical support/issue debug based on Intel Mellanox Marvell Broadcom Emulex 1/10/25/40/50/100/200 Gbps and FC 4/6/16/32Gbps products. Maintain the firmware, driver update, tune-up on OS Linux RHEL 6, 7, 8/SLES12,15, Windows 2012/2016/2019 , Vmware 6/5/6.7/7.0.
Storage protocols support: RDMA/RoCE/iWarp/FCoE/iSCSI/iSER/NFS/FC/Trunking/Zoning/NPV/NPIV implementation in hardware and software on Confidential, Mellanox, Cisco equipment and Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 , Vmware 6.5/6.7/7.0, Nutanix virtualization planform.
L3 protocols support: IPv4, IPv6; routing RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP; accounting TACACS+, RADIUS.
L2 protocols support: VLAN, Privat VLAN, VxLAN, VRRP, HSRP, LACP, Cisco vPC, v/mLAG, STP (PVST+, RSTP, MSTP), SPAN, PFC, QoS.
Testing and traffic analyzers: Wireshark, IXIA device, iperf, ib rdma wr. Proficient with PowerShell, Bash, Python scripting.
Network Management: Confidential xClarity, Cisco Prime, Cisco ISE, HP OpenView, Zabbix, Cacti, SMTP logger
Operation Systems, virtualization platforms and addition network services: Windows Server 2012 2016 2019 Hyper-V SCCM; VMWare 6.5 6.7 7.0; RHEL Centos 6, 7, 8; Suse Linux 12, 15; Nutanix; DNS, DHCP, PXE, VPN, NAT, firewalls, proxies, etc.
Data Center/Servers/Computers: deploy planning, scripting firmware and driver update for components, operation system imaging, BIOS/UEFI update/recovering, components (IC, add-on cards, CPU, memory, GPU, HDD/SSD/Nvme/PSU) failure analyzing and replacing. Proficient on Microsoft Azure Cloud, Amazon AWS, OpenStack Private Cloud. Bug reporting and bug tracking tools Bugzilla, Jira, SalesForce
Confidential, Morrisville, NC
Product Engineer, Networking and OEM storage and SAN
- Troubleshooting complex Level 3/4 network issues with Confidential /IBM/Cisco/Netextreme/Brocade/Arista hardware including Ethernet, InfiniBand, FCoE and FC switches, NICs, HBAs, CNAs, rack and blade/flex/UCS computer systems.
- Deploying and configuring datacenter from scratch, cabling network, configuring FC/FCoE/iSCSI/RDMA Confidential /IBM/Cisco switches for VLAN, VxLAN, STP, LACP, vLAG, UFP, vPC, Trunking, Zoning, NPV, NPIV to reproduce issues.
- Deploying and configuring or restoring from customer s backups/images OS VMWare 6.5 6.7 7.0 vCenter vSAN, Nutanix, Microsoft Windows 2012 2016 2019 Hyper-V SCCM S2D AD DNS DHCP, RHEL6, 7, 8 and Suse 11, 12, 15 Linux on different platforms for testing and working on complex hot customer s issues.
- Providing a technical expertise to global support teams on problem determination/isolation, then provide action plans/solution to resolve customer's networking/datacenter issues on complex modular systems and HPC/Hyper scale Confidential /IBM server hardware.
- Deeply identifying problems by analyzing logs, Wireshark/tcpdump captures from different servers, switches, OSs, and I/O vendor tools.
- Working HOT severity cases "over the Sun" per request or assignment - Working over weekends as the part of 24/7 Networking Support Team Engineer.
- Get customer back up and running quickly while continuing to drive case resolution/fix.
- Working closely with on-site Vendor representatives to drive cases to resolution as fast as possible.
- Getting all available workarounds based on Vendor s and Confidential Tip database and Best Practices to mitigate critical issues.
- Working through Vendor s ticket system to get firmware and driver fixed.
- Delivering to the customer Vendor Best Practice that can improve stability and performance.
- Cooperating with Client Care and Premier Support teams to run client s satisfaction and manage client s dependent factors to drive cases to closure timely.
- Promptly making in lab failure analyzing with Mellanox devices through local Mellanox representative to determine the root cause of the issue and elimination unnecessary shipment to the Mellanox facility.
- Preparing on demand PowerPoint presentation to the customers or Client Care Team to present multiple aspects of the issue and the direction to the resolution.
- Driving WebEx/Zoom troubleshooting sessions with customers to get issues resolved remotely ASAP.
- Deploying, configuring, updating, replacing, troubleshooting internal lab devices: switches, servers, storages and services: VPN, vCenter to support uninterrupted functionality another related to the lab teams.
- Participation in Agile process.
Confidential, Morrisville, NC
- Installing, configuring, and supporting a large-scale production and corporate network infrastructure including Cisco routers, switches, EMC/Netapp/Cisco UCS datacenter equipment, console servers, and optical/cooper transport equipment.
- Troubleshooting network hardware and software, working with 3rd party hardware vendors and suppliers on root cause analysis and resolution. Scheduling and performing network maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks as needed while limiting the impact on the production network.
- Using internal software, tools, and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair network equipment.
- Physically replacing and configuring various network components on network infrastructure including routers, switches, console servers, and optical/copper transport equipment.
- Troubleshooting network cable/patch panel/device/configuration issues, isolating and fixing them Maintaining asset inventory of defective and replacement parts, RMAing them if needed, as well as obtaining technical assistance when troubleshooting device problems.
- Installing and configuring Windows 2012R2, Ubuntu/CentOS/Red Hat Linux VMWare 5.5/6 OS and services.
- Recommending and implementing corporate network technology standards: VPN, ACL, RSTP, LACP.
- Redesigning network architecture and implementing PortChanel, L3-switching for improve network performance and fault tolerance.
- Deploying new network and WIFI equipment: Cisco at Distribution/Core Level, D-LINK at Access Level, Nexus 1000v at VMWare 5.5.
- Improving Internet connection resiliency and fault tolerance by implementing Dual homed connections to two ISPs.
- Deploying and configuring restriction for Internet access and VPN connections based on Cisco ASA, Cisco VPN and SQUID for Linux.
- Monitoring and maintaining network devices with Zabbix, Cisco CP, Cisco ASDM software
- Troubleshooting network-retailed issues.
- Ensuring quality of service of network resources and services for users (Internet, VPN, E-mail, file share) on a timely basis manner.
- Providing IT Support and Internal Consulting function for users remote and on-site.
- Deploying new virtual servers and configuring existing virtual servers in VMWare 5.5 HA environment.
- Supervising the staff of two system engineers and three technicians. Creating necessary documentations (MS Visio) for LAN / WAN and servers support including physical and logical organization, IP addressing scheme, access policies, routing policies, VLANs, and IPSec VPNs (Cisco - - Catalyst 3650/4503 and HP based LAN; Cisco ASA5510 based WAN).
- Redesigning LAN and implementing L3 switching instead L2 switching for improve resilience and fault tolerance.
- Designing, testing in the lab enviroument and implementing Dual homed connections to two ISPs, IPSec site-to-site VPN between 3 remote sites and EIGRP rouing.
- Designing and deploying restriction for Internet access based on Cisco ASA and SQUID for Linux.
- Monitoring, configuring and troubleshooting network devices with Cisco Works, Cisco ASDM, Wireshark.
- Implementing VoIP telephony between three sites based on Asterisk and sip-phone software.
- Implementing QoS for guarantee a quality of VoIP connections. Implementing OTRS ticket system for end users help desk supporting.
- Deploying new VMs, troubleshooting related issues and configuring migration in VMWare ESX 5.0 environment.
IT Team Lead
- Leading the team of two system engineers and two software developers.
- Redesigning old and deploying new Cisco-based network structures to improve performance and fault tolerance according new SLA.
- Lead and mentoring system engineers in process installation and setup new Cisco equipment.
- Testing and implementing Cisco SSL VPN solution for remote users (Cisco ASA 5510, Cisco ASDM).
- Creating and updating necessary documentations (MS Visio) for LAN / WAN and servers support including physical and logical organization, IP addressing, ACL, routing policies, VLANs etc.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting IT infrastructure with Cacti, SolarWind Netflow, Kiwi syslog, Wireshark. Implementing Spiceworks software like help desk ticket system and IT inventory system.
- Designing and deploying migration process from hardware to virtualized Hyper-V server environment.
- Ensuring quality all IT services for company users on a timely basis manner (SLA based). Analyzing IT services and infrastructure to determine what is the major problems and improvements needed to be made (WAN, LAN, Virtualization, Specific Software Development).
- Providing Windows 2008R2 Server and related services supporting. Budgeting and implementing new IT technology according IT strategy.