- Results - driven Software Engineer with 15 years of application development and support experience in a retail environment with a Fortune 200 company and local government. Knowledgeable SharePoint Administrator with over 4 years’ experience in designing and implementing SharePoint solutions. Application experience in sales, financial, inventory, public safety, and government administration. Recognized as a self-starter with strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Skills: SharePoint Designer, SQL Server 2008, Visio, Business Intelligence Tools (Microstrategy, Informatica), Dream Weaver, Microsoft Office 2007/2010, InfoPath 2007/2010, PowerShell, STSADM
Platforms: UNIX, AS/400, SharePoint 2007, SharePoint 2010
Confidential, Hanover, VA
Senior Systems Engineer
- Upgraded over 400 SharePoint 2007 sites to SharePoint 2010 in both a single server and multi-server environment.
- Devised a SharePoint solution to automate the Administration’s Reporting process thereby eliminating several hundred man-hours and resulting in a savings of over $25,000 annually.
- Managed the effort to electronically reproduce the Training Catalog on SharePoint and allow online registrations causing a reduction of $6000 in budget expenditures.
- Implemented PowerShell script to restrict site templates on all SharePoint 2010 My Sites.
- Created and managed enterprise level groups and term stores using SharePoint 2010 Managed Metadata.
- Implemented Active Directory user friendly tools that increased the data accuracy by 75%.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Restructured large merchandise payables system to automate specialized payment functions, thus increasing productivity by 60%.
- Participated in redesign of invoice payment system that required a complex algorithm to calculate the most efficient payment date, which saved the company about $5 million annually.
- Led the effort in developing the Technology Directive Action Plan, which assisted the training department to meet the upcoming training needs of associates.
- Refined an accounts payable system to pay vendors only on negotiated terms for items that have no value until point of sale, which resulted in a $1.4 million dollar increase to the company’s bottom line.
- Updated physical inventory process by changing outdated tally process to scanners, which increased efficiency and productivity by 85% at over 100 locations.
- Supported over 200 applications and handled daytime and nighttime calls, averaging about 40 calls per week and a 95% closed call rate.
- Attended Lawson training and participated in Lawson application upgrade, which increased functionality and fulfilled contract compliance.
Confidential, Baton Rouge, LA
- Redesigned and implemented check audit reports to meet specific user requirements that would reduce research time for support issues.
- Provided analysis and feedback required for new check printing system that increased productivity by 25%.
- Delivered enhancements on time and under budget for various processes to ensure Year 2000 compliance.