- 7 years of experience in providing high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications and process implementations within mature technology environments.
- Experience in maintaining Atlassian products like JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye, Bamboo, Crowd etc.
- Hands - on experience in Agile Scrum model waterfall models, XP Practices like Pair Programming and Test Driven Development (TDD).
- JIRA Administration experience with customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes etc.
- Experience in writing Jira API Tools to auto-move Service Desk tickets of one issue type to a Jira project of another issue type and to extract the list of Jira users with the respective Jira Groups and Project Roles
- Good experience in migrating corporate Linux servers from physical servers to Amazon AWS virtual servers
- Experience in software configuration management (SCM) like SVN, GIT, Perforce CVS and VSS.
- Implemented continuous build and continuous integration & deployment process using tools like Jenkins and bamboo etc.
- Used eazyBI for reports, charts, and dashboards add-on for JIRA.
- Attended in planning meetings which includes project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze project plan and business requirements.
- Prepared detailed functional design documents (FDD) to translate the business requirements specified in functional requirement document (FRD) into programmed application modules.
- Organized and attended code review meetings to discuss the application changes and to ensure aligned to predefined architecture designs.
- Experience with Faspex to integrate into our existing Linux infrastructure to give us the required high-speed transfers.
- Experience in Identifying, debugging and troubleshooting application code-related issues in production.
- Capable to keep track of issues & requests and ensure proper follow-up to closure.
- Strong knowledge on JIRA administration and JIRA workflow design and JIRA service desk.
- Experience in MVC Architecture and industry standard frameworks.
- Have been working on Query optimization, functions and Stored Procedures and other database objects. Worked on Oracle9i, 10g and 11g, MySQL.
- Developed ANT scripts to build and deploy Java web applications and Experience in using frameworks like JUnit for unit testing of the modules, and version control management tools like CVS, Subversion and log4J for logging.
- Hands-on experience to Scrum Agile model, XP Practices like Pair Programming and Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Extensively used Jenkins for continuous integration to setup the nightly builds and for deploying artifacts into corporate archive repository.
Project Management Tools: Atlassian - JIRA and Confluence, Stash
Scripting Tools: Shell scripting, Perl
Job Scheduling Tool: AUTOSYS, Cron
Tools: Urban Deploy, Toad, Service Now, HP Manager Software Methodologies SDLC, Agile, Waterfall
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN, GIT
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7, UNIX, Linux
- Permission schemes
- Email notification schemes
- Issue security levels
- Comment visibility
- Workflow conditions
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
JIRA/ATLASSIAN ADMINISTRATOR (Cloud)
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Involved in administration and support of JIRA, Confluence and Atlassian plugins.
- Worked on Support JIRA Service Desk.
- Installed user specific plugins as per the requirements.
- Atlassian plugins like Script Runner, JEWEL, JETH, JPMC, Rich Filters and Multi-level cascading select.
- Managed users and permissions as per business requirements.
- Day-to-day maintenance, solving issue and user support tickets of JIRA.
- Worked on Setting up Dashboards, build Filters using JQL.
- Working on all day to day activities of JIRA administration such as user creation, assigning roles, creating workflows, field configurations, issue types, Scrum and Kanban boards.
- Work with individuals and teams to optimize JIRA workflow functionality.
- Created a JIRA workflow and apply the condition, validators and post-function in the transition to represent the business requirement process.
- Configure the JIRA workflow for the project for improvement processes for screens, workflow procedures and reports of applications as per business requirement
- Tracked progress with real-time roadmaps.
- Setting the email handlers and notification schemes.
- Worked on Confluence development tasks such as creating Templates and Theme Templates.
- Configured Jira to allow sprint capacity planning to be done at the individual user level.
- Worked on Jira Cloud as part of evaluation.
- Experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments.
- Worked on generating reports for senior management on Jira.
JIRA ADMINISTRATOR/ATLASSIAN TOOLS ADMINISTRATOR
- Administration of Atlassian toolset and DevOps related Integration Tools (Teamcity, Bitbucket)
- Administration of Atlassian Add-ons and 3rd party integrations, plugins, and extensions
- Vet the security of those add-ons and integrations, etc.
- Gather requirements for business processes, and determine ways to optimize/improve JIRA/Confluence build and configure complex workflows and screen, field, security, and notification schemes
- Develop metrics dashboards and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports
- Implement Atlassian Tools upgrades, and partner with other IT staff to coordinate infrastructure maintenance and system migrations.
- JIRA Agile (formerly Green hopper),installed plugins for Confluence, experience maintaining custom Java custom reporting in JIRA
- Develop & maintain custom JIRA workflows based upon business requirements
- Created custom permission schemes, notification schemes, screens, and similar configuration changes on a project by project basis.
- Provided User Management and support for 1000+ local and remote users, manage system access across groups to ensure compliance, and maintain best practices.
- Interface with development groups within organization as the IT liaison for Development Cycles/Software.
- Collaborated effectively with other technical teams to exploit new technologies to enhance the applications and service infrastructure - determine ways to improve the JIRA/Confluence
- Train, guide, and assist end-users in use of JIRA/Confluence
- Worked with Atlassian support and PS when needed to fix, maintain, improve
- Managed change control, including appropriate rollback plans, for our Atlassian suite.
Technical Environment: JIRA 7.1, Jira, HPQTP, Service desk, Bitbucket, Stash 3.3, Crowd 2.x, Confluence 3.0.x, GIT, JQL, SQL Ant, Maven, PERL, portfolio, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Linux, VMware, Zephyr, Infrastructure 4/5.
ATLASSIAN JIRA ADMINISTRATOR
Confidential, STERLING, VA
- Analyzed an existing JIRA installation, provide formal proposals for improvements, and implement changes to realize greater efficiency, productivity, and reliability in a fast-paced product development environment
- Developed advanced JIRA workflows and permission scheme, notification schemes, Screen scheme.
- Troubleshoot to resolve problems in an existing JIRA installation and implement all approved changes.
- Work with development and leads to review testing approaches and ensure solutions support enterprise goals
- Work with management, developers, quality engineers, and product managers to gather requirements and define workflow for a new project, then implement in JIRA.
- Install, configure and administer JIRA and Confluence and other development tools
- Responsible for user management, security, configuring fields and screens, configuring workflows.
- Work with software engineers, database administrators, quality assurance staff and project managers to ensure a coordinated approach to processes, procedures and use of technology/tools
- Configure dashboard and generate reports on various format including Pie Chart, Average Age Chart, Heat Map on statistical data including Resolution, Time Spend etc.
- Evaluate, Install, and configure various JIRA plug-ins systems based on the requirement.
- Create custom fields and configure to use it in different Field Configuration and Screen.
- Configured the system to be highly available and to have a proper backup strategy to minimize down time.
- Document procedures that meet, and to develop documentation to guide as well as train employees on continued administration and use of the JIRA system.
- Kept the executive team informed of project progress, issues, risks and status.
Technical Environment: JIRA, Confluence, WebLogic, AWS (Amazon web services), GIT, Linux, Jmeter, SVN, ANT, Maven, VMware, MYSQL.
Confidential, CHICAGO, IL
- Recognized for keeping JIRA and Confluence up 99.99%, which was instrumental in achieving ISO 20000/27000 for the company.
- Coordinated with over 10 Business Units that included 300+ projects to develop JIRA Migration Plan, and worked on implementing it for successful upgrade of JIRA 5.2 to the JIRA 7.0.
- Create complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, field configurations, screen schemes, permission schemes and notification schemes.
- Manage user permissions to tools according to the needs of projects and teams.
- Administer the system including but not limited to setting up new users, groups, projects, and configurations.
- Develop application by customizing fields, permission and workflow.
- Create customized dashboards for teams.
- Develop confluence pages.
- Set up the new common ticketing and version control environment.
- Experience providing to development teams on how to track, plan and analyze using JIRA.
- Day-to-day management and administration of Atlassian tools, including workflows, user accounts, custom; fields, dashboards, reports, security schemas, issue schemas, project creation, etc.
- Develop metrics dashboards and advanced filters in Jira to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
- Setup JIRA Sandboxes and test new plugins and add-ons to ensure compatibility.
- Work with stakeholders to determine ways to optimize/improve Jira setup and workflows.
- Provide to technical and non-technical teams to use Atlassian tools.
- Use JIRA third party add-ons for extending the functionality of Atlassian Tools.
Technical Environment: JIRA, Confluence, Java/J2EE, Jenkins, AWS, Apache HTTP, Jama.
- Level 2/Level 3 support for these applications including handling application functionality related queries
- Raised by users and carrying out various proactive maintenance activities.
- Responsible for monitoring service performance, debugging log errors, production issues, services restarts,
- Upgrades, deploying patches, enhancements etc.
- Accountable to maintain specified client satisfaction measures. High levels of responsibility to resolve client
- Escalations and avoid further escalation to management. Also, as Level 2 have provided users with guidance on
- Complex application functionality within specified SLA.
- Conducting sessions to educate users how all the above mentioned applications are used.
- Have been responsible for building process flows and knowledge base documents for Level 1/Level 2
- Support which has helped improve efficiency of support.
- I have received high performance ratings, user appreciations during my tenure in this project.
- Participated in application integration testing with other modules/ third party plugins.