- Network Engineer with 6 years of experience in the industry, which includes expertise in the areas of Routing, Switching and Firewall. Strong hands on experience in installing, troubleshooting, configuring of Cisco ASR, 7200, 3900, 3800, 2900, 2800, and 1800 series Routers, Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 2950 and 3500XL series switches and NXS 3K,7K and 9K.
- Provided technical and vendor support services, designing and planning Network Planning, Implementing, Configuring Switches and Routers.
- Extensive experience in Cisco IP Telephony network construction and handling.
- Strong knowledge of data and voice communications equipment.
- Performed daily backups of all servers using Net backup Admin while enforcing the company's required standards and procedures.
- Excellent proficiency in Cisco transport systems and routers.
- Motivated team effectiveness in IOT testing of Confidential servers, as well as switches and routers of multiple vendors.
- Authored end - user documentation and guides, test strategies, scenarios, procedures and reports.
- Work and collaborate with project and operational teams, and third party vendors.
- Provides training to Operations team members.
- Worked as a team member with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Monitors, reports, and resolves capacity and performance issues to ensure uninterrupted service.
- Project team member involved in the design and deployment of Cisco Call Manager solutions and IPT Deployments.
- Provides strategic technical direction, roadmap design, installation, and configuration of all IP-based telephone systems/services.
Networking Technologies: LAN/WAN Architecture, TCP/IP, Frame Relay, VPN, VLAN, VTP, NAT, PAT, STP, RSTP, PVST, MSTP.
Networking Hardware:: Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, ASA/Pix firewalls.
Routing Protocols:: OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, RIP, MPLS, IS-IS, BGP, Multicasting.
Security Technologies:: PAP, CHAP, Cisco PIX, Blue Coat.
Network Monitoring:: Cisco Works 2000, Wire Shark, HRPing, Solar Winds.
Operating Systems:: Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, LINUX, Cisco IOS, IOS XR.
Routers:: CISCO 2600, 2800,3600,3800,7200, Juniper M & T Series, Cisco CRS-1, CRS -3, GSR.
Switches:: CISCO 2900, 3500,4500,5000,6500, Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K and 2K.
Firewalls:: Juniper net screen (500/5200), Juniper SRX (650/3600), Pix (525/535), ASA (5520/5550/5580 ), Checkpoint, Palo Alto, McAfee Web Gateway.
AAA Architecture:: TACACS+, RADIUS, Cisco ACS.
Features & Services:: IOS and Features, HSRP, GLBP, IPAM IRDP, NAT, SNMP, SYSLOG, NTP, DHCP, CDP, DNS, TFTP and FTP Management, Open Stack, IVR s, HLD and LLD documents, Dell equal logics.
- Data Center migration: Migrating the existing servers from cisco 6500 series Switches to Nexus 5k and Nexus 9k at main Data centers.
- Deploying Cisco ACI (Spine and leaf).
- Configured ACI Policies, Tenants, Bridge Domain, Private Networks, Contracts and Filters.
- Configured ACI integration with VMware.
- Worked on integrating existing Layer 2 and Layer-3 networks with ACI.
- Integrated of layer 4 - 7 services (ASA) with ACI.
- Design and implement Cisco ACI in Data Centers create a strategy that allows use of containers, cloud orchestration tools for end users and developers.
- In corporate use of containers in ACI Fabric using Contrive to ensure polices are applied at container level.
- Designed ACI fabric to ensure each tenant is secured and has separation from other tenants. Use L3/L2 outs via common tenant to reduce TCAM and RAM utilizations.
- Working with Stake Holders to define features and recommend best practices.
- Build virtual Linux server and Windows server using VMWare and Xen when needed for testing.
- Implemented sudo utility throughout the environment for ESB servers and documented the process.
- Worked with Backup team to install and configure networker client on the Linux servers.
- Used Tivoli for server monitoring. Created view for Development users to review Broker and MQ stats.
- Improved company website user experience by designing and engineering webservers using Apache, MySQL database with instant replication for global sites, implementing WordPress, phpMyAdmin, interface, PHP, running on Centos 5.8.
- Built multiple server systems and installed into racks.
- Installed and configured Linux servers hosting Oracle 11g on Redhat 6x for use by Human Resources.
- Collaborate with application owners to define dependencies, map dependencies for better application workflow within ACI or public cloud use.
- Quality of Service lead engineer for next generation planning and deployment.
- Successfully migrated production servers at Data Center connected to Cisco 6500 switches to Nexus 5k and Nexus 9k with FEX installed respectively.
- Implemented special features of NAT.
- Interacted with several NYC firms post-9/11 to recover lost routing information.
- Replaced Stone beat software with BGP routing.
- Handled complex routing issues with BGP and OSPF NSSA areas.
- Worked on initial Cisco install adding Multicast.
- Replaced all the 20 Rows of 3750 stack switches, 6509/6513 switches with provided Nexus 5k and 9k to connect to Nexus 7k Core in Data Center.
- Worked in collaboration with server team, data center team and application owners for the implementation.
- Worked on firewalls and computer/network security concepts, VPNs, proxies, and networking.
- Experience on designing, deploying, and maintaining boundary security solutions.
- Experience on analyzing network traffic, using a variety of network tools including wire shark and related platform packet captures to assess security-related events to assist in rapid identification and isolation of issues during incidents and outages.
- Extensive Knowledge on the implementation of Cisco ASA 5500 series and checkpoint R 75 firewalls.
- Maintained multi-vendor firewalls Palo Alto 3k, 5k and 5k series firewalls, Checkpoint 12k and 15k appliances, Checkpoint R77.30, R75, Cisco ASA 5540, 5585 firewalls with firepower and Juniper SRX 540, 1400 series firewalls.
- Implemented Cisco Firepower NGIPS, Imperva WAF, OOB solutions, perimeter protection, DMZs .
- Edge Security design and implementation of Cisco ASA security appliances with Firepower services.
- Implementing firewall rules using Palo Alto panorama, Checkpoint smart dashboard, Provider- 1, Cisco CSM and Juniper NSM.
- Worked on Palo Alto APP-ID, User-ID and other security profiles like Anti-virus, Threat Prevention, URL-filtering and Wildfire etc.
- Well versed in developments in Software Defined Networking and controllers like Open Daylight, open V switch .
- Strong knowledge of API design such as Netcong, RESTful API as well as configuration management tools such as CHEF, Ansible
- Good knowledge of data models, relational databases, NOSQL and a gener a l understanding of cloud development principals such as loose coupling, separation of services, micro services .
- Cisco ASA Firewall troubleshooting and policy change requests for new IP segments.
- Experience on Virtual Private Network (VPN) for operating Network and Data Center.
- Experience with Internet/Intranet Networking Protocols and Services .
- Implementation of HSRP, VRRP and GLBP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
- Strong troubleshooting skills specific to network security and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues
- Experience on with IPSEC, VPN, and SSL
- Successfully leaded the call during the change window.
- Standard documentation of the procedure, raised multiple change request for 50 / 100 ports a day, followed up for approvals technically and by management through series of technical and management meetings.
- Troubleshooting switching issues, like spanning tree - MST, PVST.
- Implementing and troubleshooting Routing protocols OSPF, BGP.
- Worked and implemented VPC and VSS for Cisco Nexus and 6500’s.
- Discovered devices and drawn topology of LAN network in Microsoft Visio 2010 and prepared documentation.
- Implemented BGP attributes for path selection of certain networks.
- Worked on MPLS VPN’s and VRF’s & Cisco UCS.
Mid-level Network Engineer
- Lead datacenter migration efforts to migrate applications to AWS and Azure public clouds.
- Designed and deployed Hybrid cloud integrating on-campus network to AWS and Azure.
- Deploying Cisco ACI (Spine and leaf)
- Configured ACI Policies, Tenants, Bridge Domain, Private Networks, Contracts and Filters
- Configured ACI integration with VMware
- Worked on integrating existing Layer 2 and Layer-3 networks with ACI.
- Integrated of layer 4 - 7 services(ASA) with ACI
- Configuring Cisco ASR1k, Cisco Nexus 9K/7K/5K/2K, Cisco 6800, Juniper SRX, Palo Alto firewalls.
- Implementing Security Solutions in Juniper SRX and Net Screen SSG firewalls by using NSM.
- Implementing and troubleshooting firewall rules in Checkpoint R77 Gaia, R75.40, VSX also managing 15k, 41k series checkpoint appliances, Open servers as per the business requirements.
- Performing creation and deletion user accounts and global group’s creation in global policy in Provider-1.
- Adding firewall rules in checkpoint smart dashboard as per user requirements.
- Knowledge on Checkpoint- management and logging server R75, R77 Gaia OS.
- Perform device upgrades, configuration changes, tuning, analysis, and troubleshooting on the following security platforms: Sourcefire IPS, Cisco IPS, Cisco Firepower, Tipping point, McAfee Intrushield, Checkpoint IPS,
- Performing backups and upgrades from time to time on different type of firewalls mostly on Checkpoint and Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Configuring Citrix Net Scalers SDX, MPX load balancers.
- Configuring and implementing load Balancing features to an in-production web server cluster.
- Helping to bring the new F5architecture online, test, and troubleshoot all configuration settings.
- Writing I Rules to maintain persistence based on session and for testing in production environment.
- Help build Data Center for the company in their two Data Center locations in San Jose.
- Rack and stack of routers, switches and servers.
- Performed connection of network cabling and installation of operating system.
- Configuring routers and switches to meet company specification.
- Provided documentation of work done and inventory of products for the company’ Data Center.
- Coordinated with network users to solve existing problems.
- Provided users with technical support, analyzed and troubleshot problems that cause operational delays.
- Maintained BIG IP F5 APM VPN and provided solutions for intricate issues.
- Operational tasks included solving VPN, Bluecoat proxy, switching, and routing issues.
- Completed core refresh projects involving Cisco 3850, 6509, and 3750x switches.
- Implemented Cisco WAE's at various sites to improve WAN performance.
- Involved in converging networks from new acquisitions.
- Coordinated WAN analysis and WAN migration.
- Experience in installing, configuring and supporting Windows 7 and 8, Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 and associated software in both physical and VM environments.
- Experience in designing, installing, and supporting complex Wireless networks utilizing Cisco Systems hardware.
- Solid understanding of network security (firewall, IPS, IDS, data encryption) and telecommunication technologies.
- Knowledge of Checkpoint endpoint security suite, Checkpoint remote access VPN, Checkpoint policy management and Checkpoint firewalls.
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting Checkpoint Firewall networks, patching, and configurations.
- In-depth expertise in the implementation of analysis, optimization, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN networking systems.
Jr. Network Engineer
- Upgrade campus routers and switches according to client documentation.
- Rack and stack new network routers and switches.
- Corrected networking connectivity issues in wireless, routing, and switching using a layered model approach.
- Standardized site surveying, positioning, and configuration for WLAN upgrades for coverage in office areas, large-scale manufacturing warehouses, and outdoor layouts
- Executed configurations for routers, switches, wireless AP's, and WLAN controllers using Cisco/HP hardware.
- Integrated new company acquisitions and mergers including circuit cutovers, equipment upgrades, and detailed walkthroughs with onsite technical personnel.
- Monitored performance and analyzed network irregularities using tools such as Riverbed and HP IMC.
- Upgrade IOS and configure routers and switches according to documentation.
- Connect campus network devices and troubleshoot for any network related issues.
- Did documentation for work done and forward status report to Confidential .
- Redesign the entire core network for the ISP Company.
- Analyze company LAN/WAN to determine network performance problems.
- Provided solutions and documentation.
- Reengineered and documented companies WAN to better manage critical network services.
- Migrated 200 remote office connections from frame-relay to IPSEC P2P VPN.
- Converted the network from multiple routing protocols RIP and EIGRP into OSPF domains, thus providing for future network scalability.
- Designed a reliable and fully redundant network implementing OSPF, BGP, and MPLS routing protocols.