- DevOps Engineer with around 7 years of experience in managing and provisioning cloud services for application development using Amazon Web services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and GCP. Expertise on implementing and automating end - to-end Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment processes and pipelines. In depth understanding of the Software development Life Cycles(SDLC) like Waterfall, Agile, Scrum methodologies and server-side methodologies in the applications.
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations, involved in designing and deploying utilizing AWS stack that include IAM, EC2, VPC, RDS, ELB, Auto scaling, CloudFront, Cloud Formation, ElacticCache, Elastic-IP’s, NAT Gateway, Cloud Watch, SNS, Route 53.
- Worked on templating Amazon Machine Images (AMI), creating Elastic Block Storage (EBS) snapshots to ensure backups and promote reusability. Assigned Storage classes to S3 based on Object Lifecycle to reduce storage consumption cost.
- Used AWS Lambda for HTTP requests and developed python scripts in response to the event in Amazon DynamoDB table and S3 bucket usage.
- Experience in using Terraform to provision infrastructure automation like deploying AWS instances, S3 buckets and maintain their state among large clusters Nodes.
- Hands-on experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, ARM templates, Azure Container Service, VPN Gateway, Content Delivery Management, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO) and SQL Azure.
- Experienced in providing cloud Infrastructure using Microsoft Azure.Worked on creating Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Virtual Machines (VM) and using Azure services like Blobs, Tables, Message queues.
- Planned and implemented the storage and data management solutions in Microsoft Azure (Azure files, Blob storage, Table storage, Queue storage, File storage) and deployed Azure SQL Server.
- Good Knowledge in GCP platform Services like Compute Engine, Functions, Container Security, Graphic Processing Unit, App Engine Knative, Cloud storage, Persistent Disk, Cloud Datastore.
- Experienced in setting up GCP Firewall rules in order to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network).
- Worked with ForgeRock for data visualization to identify the relationships of any user, device, or thing to detect anomalies in access or provisioning quickly and efficiently.
- Using Red Hat OpenShift gained hands-on skills and experience for in-house creation of cloud-native applications following DevOps and cloud-native design practices
- Established foundation for significantly faster delivery of new services and ongoing expansion of the platform
- Experience working with Docker. Written Docker files and built Docker images from it. Used Docker-compose for running multi-container Docker applications using YAML.
- Experienced in writing Docker adhoc commands to monitor and maintain docker containers. Worked on launching, running and scaling containers in various modes like interactive, attached, detached.
- Experienced on orchestration tool Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Experience in managing the clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks. Design and developed Containers as a Service (CAAS) on Kubernetes.
- Experience in various configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, Ansible that makes applications and systems easier to deploy.
- Good at writing Ansible playbooks, created custom playbooks written in YAML, encrypted the data using Ansible Vault and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower to manage web applications, Environments configuration files, Users, Mountpoints and Packages.
- Integrated plugins for creating deployment pipelines like Ansible plug-in with Jenkins for automation of software installation and deployment process in target environments (QA, and Production).
- Experience in Installing and using Chef Server Enterprise, workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using Knife and automated by writing ruby scripts in Chef Recipes and Cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec.
- Experienced in developing wrapper scripts to automate the deployment of cookbooks on nodes and run the chef client on the nodes in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Good knowledge on Puppet configuration management tool which includes installing Puppet master, agents and writing manifests from scratch and pushing them to agents for several POCs.
- Extensively worked on automation tools like Jenkins Freestyle and pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Experienced in using Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for creating new jobs, managing required plugins, configuring the jobs using source code management, build trigger, build system, post build actions, scheduling automatic builds and notifying the build report.
- Used build tools like Maven, Ant and Gradle for building deployable artifacts such as jar, war and ear from source code and Artifactory Repository like Sonatype Nexus for Maven and Ant builds to upload artifacts using Jenkins.
- Experienced with source control management software, such as Subversion SVN, Git. Configured and deployed GIT repositories with branching, forks, tagging, merge requests and notifications.
- Experienced in writing shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automation processes across the environments on Linux and windows platforms.
- Configured Splunk to monitor applications deployed on server through analyzing the server log files and application. Worked on setup of various dashboards, reports, and alerts in Splunk.
- Worked with Nagios, AWS CloudWatch to monitor network infrastructure to track and analyze real time performance, metrics and traffic of resources on cloud.
- Worked on SQL, RedShift, MongoDB and DynamoDB databases. Migrating the databases and writing Queries, Stored procedures, Triggers as per the requirements.
- Experienced in JIRA ticketing tool to track systems and configure various workflows, customizations, storyboarding, report generation.
Cloud Services: AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat
AWS Cloud Services: IAM, VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Route 53, SNS, CloudFront, SNS, ECS, EKS, Auto Scaling (ASG), Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk
SCM / Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub, SVN, Bitbucket
Build Tools: Maven, ANT
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Scrum Manager
Scripts/Languages: UNIX, Shell Scripting(bash), Ruby, JSON/YAML, Python
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MS SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Aurora DB
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu/RHEL) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Worked on development of AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with advanced security features including security groups and network access control lists to enable inbound and outbound filtering.
- Extensively used Elastic Load Balancing mechanism with Auto Scaling feature to scale the capacity of EC2 Instances across multiple availability zones in a region to distribute incoming high traffic for the application.
- Managed several IAM entities in AWS for users with specific policies attached to each of them, implemented Multi Factor Authentication to meet security compliance.
- Used Amazon RDS to perform basic database administration and Managed networks using Security Groups for instance and subnet level and worked on AWS lifecycle management of data stored and later pushing it to Glacier for archiving data.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets for storing static websites, logs, build artifacts, snapshots and creating a snapshot of an EBS volume and storing it in Amazon S3.
- Configured Network security groups to control inbound and outbound traffic to the internal network Interfaces, Subnets and Virtual Machines.
- Written Terraform modules to create VPC subnets and spin-up multiple instances with defined configuration within the VPC created utilizing public and private subnets based on requirement.
- Used Apache Kafka to decouple data streams and Systems while integrating it with the Hadoop Bigdata technology for fault tolerance and active tracking.
- Used ForgeRock as an identity and access management platform to build Secure trees for registration and password management with a drag-and-drop interface.
- Used ForgeRock Access Management platform for rapid prototyping and extensions to components such as authentication, authorization, OAuth2 token design, and federation assertions.
- Worked with Docker, pulling images from AWS ECS, running containers based on an image, creating Docker file to manage customized containers, exposing a container with port redirect, container volume management, docker inspect, docker commit to capture the file changes/settings into a new image and pushing the image to ECS.
- Created, managed and performed container-based deployments using Docker images containing Middleware and Applications together and Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration.
- Design and developed Containers as a service (CAAS) on Kubernetes to allow software developers and IT departments to upload, organize, run, scale, manage and stop containers by using container-based virtualization.
- Created Kubernetes Pods, clusters, replication controllers, services, labels, health checks and ingress by writing YAML files and deployed micro services on Docker containers.
- Developed YAML scripts to manage and deploy environments using Ansible in a time efficient manner. Created Ansible roles by splitting the tasks into multiple YAML files promoting code reusability.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems and worked with deploying web application on Apache, Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with configuration management (Ansible).
- Deployed critical applications and automated repetitive tasks using Ansible. Implemented Ansible Tower dashboard to allow individual access to use Ansible for the deployments.
- Configured Apache webserver and Tomcat in the Linux AWS Cloud environment and automatic deployment of applications using Ansible automation.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Integrated Jenkins CI/CD with GIT and implemented continuous build based on check-in for code and created Webhooks to setup triggers for commit, push, merge and pull request.
- Worked on writing the Maven script for the build process and maintained the configuration file POM.xml for the continuous integration. Created a continuous integration system using Maven, Jenkins, Ansible. Wrote custom Ansible Modules in Python to make Continuous Integration, faster and flawless.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing and provisioned on EC2, configuring and maintaining build servers using EC2 plugin in Jenkins as a POC
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly build, test and deploy chain, GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Monitored servers, switches and ports using Splunk Monitoring tool and assisted internal users in designing and maintaining production quality dashboards.
- Used JIRA as a defect tracking system for configuring various workflows, verifying the integrity & availability of server resources, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug and issue tracker.
Environment: Git, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, ELK, Lambda, Terraform, GitHub, Splunk, Jira, Apache, Oracle, Tomcat, WebLogic, Amazon Web Services, EC2, ELB.
- Worked with Amazon Web Services to set up infrastructure using AWS resources like VPC, IGW, ROUTE TABLES, EC2, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), SNS, SWF and EBS etc. Define Sprint stories for the team and run a standup call for the team to track status.
- Managed several IAM accounts in AWS for users with specific policies attached to each of them, implemented Multi-Factor Authentication to meet security compliance.
- Deployed infrastructure as code using CloudFormation and developed Lambda functions to trigger AWS services depending on the network activity.
- Used Azure Storage services like migrating Blob Storage for document and media file, Table storage for structured datasets, Queue storage for reliable messaging for workflow processing and file storage to share file data
- Ownership for Azure SQL server DB deployment & managed the continues integration & continues deployment.
- Performed code line GIT pushes (releases) to production and customer servers. Developed and improved GIT push scripts to create release pipelines.
- Built and defined dependencies to build artifacts using the build Automation tool Maven.
- Strong experience in Linux and UNIX OS administration, maintenance and support including installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and using Linux /UNIX standard systems and software applications, creating UNIX Make files, ANT build scripts and maintaining up to date dependency lists .
- Worked with SCM tool SVN to create and manage branches to pull/push and merge the code and build poll SCM jobs in Jenkins and compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus using Nexus artifactory plugin.
- Installed Multiple Plugins in Jenkins UI for building pipelines, build releases and created a master, slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds.
- Created Jenkins jobs using various Jenkins files using groovy script via DSL (domain specific language) and used them as various workflow scripts.
- Managed the configurations of nodes using Chef, configured Jenkins builds for Continuous Integration and Delivery for automated deployments.
- Configured and set up Chef for configuration management using Chef Enterprise edition. Created workstations, setup Chef Server and Chef clients on cloud to automate the process of environment creation.
- Developed ruby scripts to author recipes and cookbooks by incorporating chef resources like package, cron, file, batch resources to set up compute instances on cloud infrastructure. Used knife to execute cookbooks and recipes to maintain desired configurations on chef clients.
- Involved in migrating applications from EC2 servers on to the Docker Containers for the test and dev-environment needs, configuration and automation. Leveraged Docker Engine to run Multiple Tomcat Instances as Containerized AppServers.
- Using Docker, deployed a new running container, worked on the setup of Docker registry and published all the Docker images to that registry.
- Created Docker Swarm using Docker CLI to Orchestrate, Schedule and deploy the services to Swarm and managed the Swarm behavior and created Docker files for each Microservice based applications to the Docker container.
- Worked on Docker and Kubernetes on cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI / CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- Used Kubernetes for automating the docker container deployment and setup Docker swarm clusters to build the cron jobs to avoid the downtime/failover.
- Using Nagios to monitor the Application performance and Infrastructure health by analyzing the user dashboard and logs management.
- Setup JIRA bug and issue tracker for verifying the integrity, availability of server resources and configuring various workflows and plugins.
Environment: & Tools: AWS, UNIX, GIT, MAVEN, ANT, Nexus, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Docker swarm, Nagios, Python, Shell, Bash, groovy script, MySQL, Nagios and JIRA.
Build & Release Engineer
- Planned build and release cycles and organized project metrics by coordinating with development teams as per the requirements.
- Designed and deployed AWS solutions using EC2, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Auto-scaling groups and Opsworks. Worked on AWS Auto Scaling for providing high availability of applications on EC2 instances based on the load of applications using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Migrated on-premise Database Servers onto EC2 instances on Cloud. Worked with SQL and NoSQL query languages on AWS using Relational Database Service (RDS) and DocumentDB.
- Hands-on experience with AWS IAM to set up user roles with corresponding user and group policies using JSON. Created roles, groups for users and resources using AWS IAM.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Worked in version control tools like SVN and GIT and used branching, forking, merging for maintaining project repositories and build using Ant and resolute the source code merging conflict in the version control system GIT.
- Developed an effective build automation, continuous integration and test environment that reduced integration issues and improved code quality.
- Responsible for performing Build operations with ANT Scripts, while implementing the required modifications in the ANT Script to perform build operations, in accordance with requirements.
- Used Chef configuration management tool for creating and managing Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to automate system operations.
- Implemented, managed and configured Chef Nodes environments and roles for better environment management in Dev and Prod servers.
- Responsible for working with the external Release Management team to ensure deployment and activation notices were properly performed.
- Working with the development team on enforcing source control strategies, building, packaging and deployment of products.
- Setup and configured Splunk to monitor application and server logs. Implemented forwarder configurations, search heads and indexing on Splunk to classify logs and generate alerts to notify the users.
- Created epics, stories, spikes and other issues on JIRA implementing agile methodology. Also tracked and monitored project progress creating burndown charts for sprints on JIRA.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, Relational Database Service (RDS), IAM, VPC, SVN, GIT, ANT, Chef, Splunk, JIRA.
- Handling the day-to-day Operations, installing software, applying patches, managing file systems, monitoring performance and troubleshoot alerts.
- As a member of Linux Admin supporting the Technology Environment group responsible for Installation, maintenance, Administration and troubleshooting of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4/5 systems.
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for RedHat Linux 3.x, 4.x servers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis Provided the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Installed, implemented, maintained and support for the corporate Linux servers RHEL 3, 4, 5, CENTOS 5, Ubuntu and involved in System Administration, System Builds, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, TroubleShooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery and Performance Monitoring on UNIX (Red Hat Linux) Systems.
- Administered Linux servers by applying frequent patches and upgrades. Also kept servers up to date by installing required functionalities like Apache/Tomcat Servers, mail servers, database servers and other dependencies.
- Ensured network security of the systems using firewall by specifying white and blacklists. Also configured systems to add them to specific subnets and set rules for traffic routing over network.
- Managed Network troubleshooting applications TCP/IP including Ethernet, Configured LAN, WAN and IP addressing & Subnetting, routing.
- Used Nagios to monitor the day to day performance and maintenance operations throughout the client’s network.
Environment: & Tools: Red Hat Linux, UNIX, CentOS, Ubuntu, Tomcat, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, Nagios.