- AWS Engineer with 8+ years of experience in Build and Release/DevOps Engineering involving extensive work towards code compilation, packaging, building, debugging, automating, managing, tuning and deploying code across multiple environments in Linux.
- Having good knowledge of Amazon AWS cloud services( Ec2,S3,EBS,RDS,Glacier,IAM,VPC,Cloud formation and Cloud Watch )
- Hands on experience with Azure and strong understanding of Azure capabilities and limitations, primarily in the IaaS Space.
- Experienced in Architecture and Migration of technologies/Applications from Data Center to Cloud .
- Proficient in HASHI CORP tools like Terraform, Packer and Consul and used them to effectively drive continuous improvements in code and infrastructure.
- Dealt with Docker Hub , making Docker Images and taking care of various Images essentially for middleware establishments and space setups.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Puppet/Chef/Ansible for Deployment.
- Chipped away at Open Source items like MySQL , Apache HTTP , Apache Tomcat , HAProxy , Open LDAP , Nagios , Splunk and Log stash .
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Prod issues.
- Expertise in readiness of assembles scripts, manufacture specs and applying mark for the product fabricates.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins and Team City for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN, ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Have good working knowledge on distributed computing, e.g., NoSQL , Cassandra and Hadoop .
- Excellent understanding of Hadoop distributed File system ( HDFS ) and experienced in developing efficient MapReduce jobs to process large datasets.
- Experience in validating Static and Incremental loads. Experience in Big data testing in Hadoop environment using Hive query language.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Automated various service and application deployments with Ansible on CentOS and RHEL and supported the YML scripts to restart JBoss, Tomcat, Jetty servers through GUI.
- Experience in continuous integration technologies Bamboo and Jenkins. Designed and created multiple Deployment strategies using Continuous Integration and Continuous Development Pipelines and configuration management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment cycles via automated deployments .
- Experienced in keeping up and looking at log archives using CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk and Log stash.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Proficient in TFS and IBM BuildForge automation to effectively drive continuous improvements in configuration management.
- Created Jenkins jobs to deploy applications to kubernetes Cluster.
- Implemented Kanban for the work process and integrated it with DevOps practice .
- Established capabilities in application design, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, continuous improvement and change controls. Enhances and automates internal processes to generate efficiency.
Operating Systems: Unix, Windows, Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, Centos and SUSE)
Cloud Environments: AWS, Microsoft Azure
Containerization: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
Atlassian Tools: JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence, Bitbucket
SCM Tools: Chef, Puppet, Kickstart and Ansible
Build & CI/CDTools: ANT, Hudson, Jenkins, UC Deploy, MAVEN
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), GIT, GIT Hub, Code Commit, TFS
Scripting Languages: Java, Perl, PowerShell, VB, Shell, YML
Programming Languages: C, C++, .Net, Python, Java
Database: Dynamo DB, Mongo DB, MySQL, Cassandra
Web/App Servers: Tomcat, Apache 1.3/2.0, IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, Oracle App Server, JBoss Application Server, Nginx
Monitoring Tools: Zabbix, Nagios, Splunk
Issue tracking tools: JIRA, Kanban
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude applications utilizing all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Migrated the current Linux environment to AWS/RHEL Linux environment and used auto scaling feature.
- Install and configure chef server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes .
- Lead AWS Cloud integration with 3rd party security integrations with analyze, design, build, test, deploy activities for enterprise and end user facing deployments.
- Experienced in working directly with clients/vendors to identify requirements, develop deployment plans, outline architectures, and consult on best practices for enterprise level deployments.
- Involved in large scale Migration of infrastructure services form legacy Data center to AWS Cloud.
- Hands on experience in building AWS Organizations Account to centrally manage multiple AWS Accounts, help simplify Billing and automate creation of new accounts.
- Involved in configuring and Migrating OKTA IDP in all the AWS accounts for Single Sign on (SSO).
- Created load balancers ( ELB ) and used Route53 with failover and latency options for high availability and fault tolerance.
- Worked on Continuous Integration CI/Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline for Azure Cloud Services using CHEF.
- Good Understanding of Azure Internal and External Load Balancers and Networking concepts.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Ansible , Chef Configuration management.
- Build out server automation with Ansible and used other tools like Jenkins/Maven for deployment and build management system.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server , Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Create Chef Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Virtual Box and VMware virtual machine for RHEL, Ubuntu Linux servers.
- Involved in installing, administrating and supporting more than 300 servers including but not limited to Solaris 8/9/10, RHEL 4/5/6/7.
- Extensively worked on several Docker components like Docker Engine , Hub , Machine , creating Docker images , Compose , Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Experience in installing Docker like container instances using Amazon ECS to deploy multiple Tomcat Application servers.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, and fault tolerant kubernetes infrastructure following the security best practices.
- Installed Patches/Packages on Solaris Servers and RPM packages on Linux Servers .
- Worked on monitoring tools to configure Nagios, Splunk, Zabbix .
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Ansible .
- Installed and configured Jenkins tools on Linux and windows platforms, manage slaves and installing Jenkins plugins.
- Streamlined Build process for Fortify scan of code from Manual to Automated mode by setting up Jenkins Automation environment, thus reducing manual error prone, build time, no logging to machine is required.
Environment: Chef, Test-Kitchen, Vagrant, Git, MAC OSX, Ruby, Bash scripting, AWS EC2, ELB, Elastic, S3, AWS RDS, Glacier, IAM, AWS Cloud Formation templates, AWS SNS, STS Jenkins, Splunk, HPSM, RHEL 6.6, Version One, SAF (Scaled Agile Framework).
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services .
- Experience working with continuous delivery and build clouds with AWS.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Responsible for complete BigData flow of the application data ingestion from upstream to HDFS, processing the data in HDFS and analyzing the data.
- Loading data from Linux file system to HDFS.
- Using Hive join queries to join multiple tables of a source system and load them to Elastic search tables.
- Supported MapReduce Programs those are running on the cluster
- Using hive data warehouse modeling to interface with BI tools such as Tableau from Hadoop also, enhance the existing applications.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using Technologies like Chef .
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in cloud environment, integrating it with Ansible .
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment on different Cloud environments through automated tools, Ansible / custom pipeline.
- Installed, configured & administered Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines; setup Master-slave architecture to improve performance and used Jenkins , Lara for CI & CD into Tomcat Application Server.
- Provisioned and configured Tomcat and Apache instances using Shell/Perl/Groovy in Jenkins .
- Wrote PowerShell scripts for automating time consuming specialty needs for external clients.
- Installation and configuration of PostgreSQL database on RHEL.
- Experience in supporting database systems including Oracle , MYSQL , PostgreSQL on Linux and Solaris Environment.
- Implemented Ansible Playbooks for various Linux roles like Nginx, Redis & common Linux services like apt, yum, syslog, snmp etc.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- One click Automation script to trigger push to production from Jira, invoke Build in Bamboo and deploy to target servers.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution .
- Used Subversion as source code repositories and Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT .
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins .
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Verified if the methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
Environment: Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, Subversion, Chef, Ansible, Salt stack, Linux, AWS, Open stack, PostgreSQL, Shell, Perl Scripts, Python, Groovy, Hadoop, HDFS, Hive MapReduce, GIT, Ruby, Jenkins, Bamboo, Tomcat, Jira.
- Install, configure and maintain Red Hat/Centos flavors of Linux Operating system.
- Installing Configuration and Administration of Web Logic, WebSphere and Apache Servers supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Installation and configuration of Disk and file system management using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) for LINUX systems.
- Managing all types of interactive installation and upgrade on Redhat Linux servers using Kickstart.
- Implemented and administered VMware ESX 4.x 5.x and 6 for running the Windows, Centos, SUSE and Red Hat Linux Servers on development and test servers.
- Manage and configure RPM package building tools for building and patching of applications from source codes for Centos and RHEL systems.
- Configuring the NFS servers, setting up servers in network environment and configuring FTP/NTP/NIS servers, clients for various departments and clients.
- Installing, Configuring and managing network infrastructure such us DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VPN client and Network Security.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning and testing.
- Performed data-center operations including rack mounting, cabling.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 6/7, VMWare, RPM, ESX, ESXi, Veritas Volume Manager, LDAP, DNS, NIS, SNMP, Shell Scripting, RAID, SAN, NFS, FTP, WebSphere, Web Logic & Apache Servers.