- Passionate about Cloud Computing, DevOps Engineer with over 10 years of progressive experience in Fortune 5 and Fortune 100 enterprise IT development, operations, and engineering organizations.
- Technically savvy; adept at instituting, maintaining and troubleshooting Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, Configuration Management, and Cloud Platforms.
- Backed by extensive knowledge of emerging technologies; competent in designing solutions for challenging client issues, with demonstrated ability in identifying root cause, formulating resolutions, and recommending monitoring strategies. Whilst adhering to functional requirements, consistently delivers on projects, meeting stringent timelines.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and rapport building skills resulting in winning team outcomes.
- Proven capacity to develop a clear understanding of business needs and turn these into workable technical solutions.
- A self - motivated and results driven individual, who brings excellent IT and DevOps skills, analytical thinking and thrives on challenges.
- A strong communicator, works well in remote and globally located teams, or autonomously, contributes to collaborative efforts, producing desired outcomes, and following instructions carefully and with precision.
- Has depth in experience supporting projects, with a passion for delivering high-standard services, works hard to ensure client satisfaction.
- AWS Solutions Architect PRO
- Process Improvement
- Cloud Computing
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Communication & Negotiation Skills
- Automation & Optimization
- Software Development
- GitHub & GIT
- Ansible & Python
- Rust Programming Language
- IAM & Vault
- Risk Management
- Azure DevOps Experience
- Best Practice Methodologies
- Continuous Integration (CI/CD)
- Continuous Deployment
- PostgreSQL Databases
- Kubernetes GKE & EKS
- Process Documentation
- Docker & Containers
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Terraform & CloudFormation
- NoSQL Databases
- Agile & Scrum
- Windows & Linux
Premium Support Engineer
- Formulated a set of Ansible and Python scripts to convert data into an HTML5 static page comprising of interactive charts and graphs with user selectable time frames. Addressed the need of previous years’ data on performance monitoring device capacity.
- Enabled the Sales Account team to identify a number of locations where performance monitoring devices were overloaded or near the limit.
- Proved instrumental in supporting the team in meeting more than half the annual target, based on the scripts - a feat nearly unachievable prior to this initiative.
- Identified and addressed issues with transfer of multi-gigabyte software installer files to global remote locations prior to major upgrades. Handled concerns regarding timing out, consumption of excessive remote bandwidth, and/or unexpected termination.
- Created and deployed a series of scheduled Ansible scripts across strategic global locations; maintained a gradual transfer from major sites to regional hubs to small branch locations.
- Ensured data integrity and consistency; adhered to bandwidth requirements of each region.
- Averted user intervention and reduced preparation time for major upgrades by >16 hours.
- Developed an automated health monitoring system based on Python and Ansible, replacing an outdated, time consuming, and hard-to-maintain collection of shell scripts; enabled clear and concise reporting of faulty devices to end-users. Incorporated scheduling of daily newspaper of the devices in the environment with known issues.
- Supported assessment of hundreds of global devices on a regular basis; averted unexpected and unknown downtime of devices.
- Utilized diverse technologies, processes, and systems to migrate scripts to GitHub; enhanced efficiency and reliability of installation and update of the health monitoring scripts. Significantly reduced turnaround time of updates and bug fixes from weeks of testing and distribution to minutes.
Enterprise Cloud VPC Lab Engineer
- Responsible for maintaining hardware integrity and troubleshooting hardware & software failures. Handled racking and cabling equipment while providing administrative support Windows, Linux and Limited HP-UX platforms. Proved instrumental in formulating strategies and handling technologies to improve the HP VPC cloud platform.
- Collaborated with Cloud Architects, Cloud Engineers and Data Center Engineers.
- Handpicked for the role despite no formal background in the IT sector; displayed impeccable troubleshooting skills. Recognized as a mentor and point of contact for critical escalations.
- Resolved problems proactively; addressed all queries and complaints in timely manner, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction whilst investigating problem root cause, subsequently taking corrective measures.
- Guided teams and functioned as a mediator to address clients’ requirements; ensured seamless flow of communication while reporting and gathering requirements.