- Information technology professional with 15 years of experience managing and supporting IT organizations within medium and small companies. Industries: K - 12 Education, Banking, Legal. Proven track record of generating cost savings and maximizing IT systems’ efficient operations, streamlining and modernizing systems and network infrastructure. Adept at building teams and matching skills sets with project needs. Experienced in negotiating with and managing vendors. Team player.
Cloud technologies: Web-based Services, SQL hosting, Citrix XenApp, Webapps.
Software/Applications: MS Clusters, Microsoft VMM 2008, SQL 2008- SQL 2000,SQL 2012, IIS7/7.5, SCOM 2012, SCCM 2012, Microsoft Active Directory, VERITAS Netbackup, HP Systems Insight Manager, Operations Manager. HP systems/server/storage management software
Servers/Hardware: HP 380, EMC Storage System, Dell PowerEdge, HP Storage works MSA2312FC, HP/Brocade Fiber Switches, Fiber Channel SAN and storage array systems, Compaq Proliant Server, Compaq Disk Array 4100
Databases: Oracle, MSSQL
Networking: Microsoft Clusters technology TCP/IP, DHCP, Windows, HP SAN technology. Novell, LAN/WAN.
Storage: Enterprise-Class storage technologies (RAID, NAS, SAN, etc.).
Platforms: Windows - responsible for day to day management and maintenance of all windows servers.
- Windows Hyper-V servers: Facilitated business objectives by optimizing systems for scalability including improving system uptime and efficiency.
- Lead Engineer for all Microsoft systems. Oversee two direct reports and coordinate the efforts of up to five contractors for project implementations.
- IT infrastructure including managing AD domain Build, development and reconstruction/ implementation.
- Hardware Management: Assemble, build and deploy servers including racking servers and accociated devices and wiring.
- Manage Project requirements. From planning, Development, procurement and installation. Including server and device setup and configurations.
- Private cloud Increase efficiency by planning and building a for the production environment including setup and configuration of fiber backbone.
- Purchases Support IT system development by managing hardware and software including sourcing and negotiating discounts with vendors.
- Coordinate project teams including evaluating potential team members, developing project objectives, and monitoring staff performance. Develop, test and maintain disaster recovery plans
- Network tools, nagios, HP Insight Manager, Netflow and others.
- Facilitated rollout of updated PII 450 desktop PCs using ghost multicast for 17 branch locations.
- Enhanced system efficiency by building NT terminal server/Metaframe server research including implementing Simplex time keeping system for Metaframe clients.
- Provided technical support for end users.