- Interface Engineer with significant experience in Healthcare problem solving, strong leadership with hands - on IT and Network expertise.
- Highly motivated and organized, with the ability to work as a team player or independently. Proficient in testing applications, including Interfaces and deployment.
- Proven ability in end-user and backend support in environment where prompt, correct response to urgent issues is essential.
- Outstanding communication skills, detailed oriented and a person who’s demonstrated good judgment.
- Leads through example and quickly gains the trust, respect and cooperation of any workgroup.
- Experienced in Ensemble, HealthShare, Mirth Connect, Mediware, HCLL, Orion Rhapsody, HIE, IHE, Windows Administration, Linux, Network Engineering, Reporting and Documentation, Technical Analysis, Migrations/Upgrades and End User Support.
- 12 + years’ experience as an Information Technology professional.
- Balanced experience between all aspects of IT from production to back office, engineering.
- Presented high level technology presentations to senior and top level management.
- Designed solutions in HealthShare automated HL7, CCD, CDA messaging Interface with Ensemble SFTP Framework.
- Developed HL7 message delivery for various data types via webservices, HTTPS, SOAP, ssl\TLS, connection using Ensemble Framework.
- Deployed ASP.NET Website using IIS server for custom HL7 Web Analyzer Tool client facing access.
- Development of HL7, ADT, ORM, XML and other customized solutions and specifications for Ensemble interfaces.
- Creation and execution of test plans and validate test scripts documentation for assigned Interface projects.
- Interface troubleshooting and problem resolution from service manager ticketing system.
- Integrate between the departmental users/clients and the various divisions within Montefiore’s IT departments
- Document integration workflow, redesign and procedural changes.
- Communicate with Epic, EMR, Revenue Cycle and Business systems vendors and identify and document requirements.
- Develop and design interface specifications document based on project requirements.
- Create and execute test plans for each interface Participate in end user and integration testing
- Develop turnover documentation of interfaces to support the Epic project implementations.
- Diagnose and solve technical issues that arise in the implemented Intersystem platform Caché, Ensemble, or HealthShare.
- Troubleshoot HL7, XML and other application issues utilizing Intersystems, Ensemble, Cache Studio, platform.
- Provide day-to-day operational support for Interfaces in Dev, QA/Test environments.
- Coordinate modifications to HL7, XML and EDI interfaces with different departments.
- Recommend improvements and increase efficiency of the IT systems and users.
- Assist with coordination of vendor activities including hardware and software installation.
- Test new systems, version upgrades, interfaces and other system modifications
- Participate in 24 x 7 on-call coverage rotation.
- Experienced working with Intersystem Cache,Ensemble, Healthshare Windows, UNIX environments
- Proficient with HL7 schema in Ensemble base structure, Web Services and Data Services.
HL7 Clinical Systems Analyst
- Responsibilities: Leverage extensive subject matter expertise on clinical systems and knowledge of clinical data operations
- Workflows to coordinate the activities of Blood bank technicians and the design, development, implementation and support of HCLL clinical information systems/solutions to improve the delivery of HL7 2x file formats as ADT, ORM, MDM, ORU and clinical messages.
- Adapting and integrating current Test orders and product processes from Cerner and Epic EMR’s to ensure the interfaces of clinical content across users and Orion Rhapsody Integration engine.
- Develops testing strategies according to HCLL Interface build and downstream system requirements and manage build complex Interfaces in Ensemble.
- Integration messaging structure standards and specifications such as HL7 and HCLL
- Communicating the development of system configuration and dynamic mapping Blood Bank procedure codes to support the Ensemble, Mediware interfaces and testing of interfaces including the support and creation of database tables, and queries on the SQL Database.
- Perform transformation and logic to the HL7 2x file formats within the clinical Interface to ensure proper structure and data flow.
- Provide technical support and coordinate for issues related to system interfaces or other system issues that fall within related domains and routing components within the Interface engine.
- Initiate and maintain communication with system users, Physician Organization department administration, software vendors, and external trading partners to assure integration of effort in implementing systems and their interfaces.
- Anticipates and provides solutions to complex problems with the necessary priorities. Presents solution to the project and operational leaders.
- Build effective relationships with clinical and business partners through all the phases of the projects to support completing project's goals and implementing a full software and system's functionality to develop test scripts and proper documentation.
- Actively participate on weekly team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, change, communications, and updates.
- Responsible for designing and implementing HIE integration solutions between the Mirth Engine and other vendors, systems.
- Spearhead full life cycle of interface development including requirements gathering, build, test, go-live and production support.
- Conduct moderate to complex analysis and design tasks for the development of ADT’s & ORU interfaces routing to meet clean structural specifications.
- Create interfaces using Mirth Engine for parsing HL7v2.X ingestion to the MPI for patient demographics registration.
- Development of HL7v3, CCD specifications for Interfaces routing to the web services endpoints to transmit clinical data for encounter responses registered to the MPI and PXS clinical portals.
- Manage the Integration processes of HL7V2.X data formats to the SQL Database mass storage for namespace allocations on the Mirth engine and SOAP-UI functional utility.
- Maintain Transformers to route HL7 data types with java script coded specific conditions, integrating directly to the SQL DB or Mirth database.
- Interface troubleshooting and problem resolution for all projects assigned on Stage & Production environments.
- Participate in the management of the full development phase of all enterprise integration of various EHR systems and providers.
- Building formal functional requirements, technical design specs, and development of quality test plans, interface implementation and maintenance.
- Manage, build, design, and support all components and Interfaces in the Mirth Engine within designated projects.
- Provide data mappings, codes, HL7 table definitions, data gaps and crosswalks analysis for workflow processes.
- Publish ASP.NET Website using IIS server 7 for client web service access to the organizations custom HL7 utility.
- Managed high level Interface Implementations of architectural sites in Ensemble, HealthShare for HIE, HL7v2, HL7v3, X12, XML, ADT, ORU, ITI-18 & IHE, CDA, CCD, XSLT, SOAP, PiXv3 messaging formats while defining diverse routing processes.
- Created Ensemble routing rules, transformers, for unique specific Interfaces, using custom build in categories to use as a schema base, for HL7v.2, HL7v.3 messages for routine data structure.
- Spear headed 150 HL7, CCD Interfaces development and data conversions, building system components, testing, technical documentation, defining specifications, data flows and other project information.
- Integrated and tested HealthShare components to meet uniform criteria for each Business level process for on-demand delivery of messages within remote Edge systems.
- Developed and designed Interfaces using Ensemble Framework for automating HL7 batch file, message procedure from the remote client to the Confidential Edge systems.
- Produced Healthcare solutions for HL7, CCD, ADT message transactions using VPN, SSL\TLS, Certificate connectivity design within Ensemble, including testing and editing data structures and code tables to specify field or data types.
- Build and designed EdgeGateways components for Facility code projects for each site integrating into the HealthShare\Ensemble systems and SQL queries to retrieve data from the database to the application.
- Configure IIS web server and sites to interlink with HealthShare csp gateway settings, including clinical viewer patient portals.
- Migrated Healthix, BHIX data from legacy Lipix environments into dedicated data platforms; using Intersystems, SQL querying the Cache database or namespace to return subsequent rows as published data types.
- Install HealthShare engine on multiple virtual Windows and Linux servers and configured all registry components for eCW Healthix, Interboro, Agile, STHL RHIO environments.
- Deployed source codes with integrated software engines into HealthShare; using IBM Initiate, Studio, MS SQL.
- Managed Direct alignments to all Direct Secure Message Solution Interfaces; coordinating implementations to meet Stakeholders expectations and requirements for EMR vendors Allscripts, eCW, Meditech, Epic.
- Deliver EHR’s to Confidential Hisp and Hisp to Hisp on the Direct CA’s MedAllies third party tools, Java, JSP, Tomcat Catalina
- Provide Level 2, 3 application Production and Direct support based on a call rotation service schedule for go live.
Application Integration Engineer
- Design, build and engineered solutions of VoIP Genesys application across the enterprise.
- Create documentation of technical designs, System Run Books, defining day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting knowledgebase of the infrastructure for the Genesys SIP Endpoint Platform.
- Implementation and maintenance of company-wide desktop standards and procedures
- Create and maintain monitoring network QoS processes from DHCP, LAN, switches, routers & VLANs to production environment.
- Developed utilities to streamline standards and deployment methodologies
- Customize MSI packages for silent installs well as deployment of applications within a large scale environment using Admin Studio and Dell Kace Management.
- Development and deployment of unattended operating system installations for workstations/desktops/laptops
- Automation of custom scripted solutions to address configuration issues or desired results via Dell Kace Management deployment.
- Managed and supported Active Directory and Group Policy Objects (GPO) clients’ environment. Administrating the security and configuration of the windows and VDI, Citrix XenApp/VMWare desktop platforms.
- Troubleshooting application/operating systems issues with the Citrix XenApp, Dell kace Management, image automation, local application virtualization, endpoint protection suites, and firewall solutions.
- Application and Operating System lifecycle management including upgrades, patching and off-hours maintenance and change control execution
- Provided Tier 3 support in the operation and management of Windows desktops/laptops, thin clients, virtual machines, and related application components to ensure functionality and security of the supported desktop platforms.
- Managed various types of medium-to-complex project initiatives, upgrades and maintenance activities
- Served as the subject matter expert for specific Genesys technical systems
- Continually perform research, evaluate and provide documented recommendations for new technologies and tools within the Information Technology field
- Troubleshoot system/application issues of medium-level and high-level complexity and escalate issues appropriately
- Identify, diagnose and escalate (as needed) production problems such as defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in systems functions, outputs, and content
- Maintained daily medium-to-complex level production request of packaging, distributions, and audits