- 10 years of experience in the IT industry as a DevOps Engineer and PERL Developer/Lead.
- Over 6 years of experience as a Build and Release engineer in automating, building, deploying and managing Continuous Integration build systems.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and end to end automation for all builds and deployments
- Experience in using build tools like Maven for building artifacts and integrating Maven with Jenkins.
- Worked with version control tools like Git to manage the source code.
- Strong knowledge in version control concepts like branching, merging, tagging.
- Experience with AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, ELB, SNS, RDS, Lambda, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Auto scaling, IAM, S3 and Glacier.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Ansible for creating playbooks that help in various deployment activities.
- Excellent understanding of Scrum methodologies and processes.
- Experience in writing new CI and CD pipeline scripts that help in developing the CI/CD workflows while not impacting any existing workflows.
- Experience in infrastructure automation tools like Terraform, Cloud Formation.
- Experience working with Docker and its various features like creating Docker images, docker compose.
- Experience with Docker registry, building Docker images for several applications and managing Docker containers.
- Extensively worked with scripting languages like Shell scripting, PERL, YAML.
- Very good experience in Linux environments and several flavors of Linux including Red Hat, CentOS.
- Worked with various source code management tools like GitHub, GitLab.
- Experience in writing build and release scripts and pushing the code changes from one environment to another.
- Hands - on experience with AWS Lambda for serverless computing and implement workflows to interact with AWS EC2 instance where application is deployed and S3 buckets.
- Worked with various application servers such as Apache Tomcat and WebLogic for deployment.
- Worked with the setup and monitoring of web servers like Apache, Nginx.
- Experience in working with Kubernetes as container orchestration tool.
- Experience in release management in production and various non-production environments.
- Knowledge of various Linux administration concepts like configuration of services such as DNS, DHCP and IP Addressing, proxy servers, NFS.
- Experience in configuration of services like Apache, SSH, HTTP.
- Excellent team player in coordinating with different teams to deliver good quality deliveries on time.
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Very good experience with ITIL processes like Incident management, change management,5-whys root cause analysis.
- Over 4 years of experience as a Lead PERL developer and production support for web applications.
- Experience in 3-tier architecture of applications and how they are integrated.
- Experience in production support, 24X7 monitoring of applications to ensure high availability to end users.
- Experience in developing UI pages using HTML and AJAX and integrating with the PERL scripts that run the application.
- Experience in OpenSSL and renewing the SSL s in Apache web server.
- Experience in migration of an application from UNIX to LINUX. Analyzed all the compatibility issues between the two environments and ways to fix them.
- Experience in scheduling CRON jobs to run the background jobs in UNIX.
- Experience in writing new PERL modules and integrating them with the existing application.
- Hands on experience in Web server redundancy and load balancing.
- Good experience in writing PERL regular expressions to match complex patterns.
- Experience in object-oriented concepts and packages in PERL.
- Experience in developing UI using Perl Tk modules.
- Very good experience in version control tool IBM Rational ClearCase and the commands used in it.
- Experience over the SDLC lifecycle phases and worked in both waterfall and agile methods.
- Good experience in analyzing and writing DDL, DML and DCL statements, integrity constraints in MySQL.
- Experience in ClearCase8.0 version and developing the binaries compatible with Clearcase 8.0.
- Sound expertise in preparing design documentation, functional & technical specifications.
- Self-learner and willingness to learn new technologies and ability to quickly learn new concepts and tools.
- Excellent functional and analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Platforms: Linux 5.8, Solaris 5.10, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux
Application servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic
Web servers: Apache 2.23
Version control tools: Git, GitHub, GitLab, SVN, IBM Rational ClearCase
Virtualization platforms: Vagrant, VirtualBox
Continuous Integration tools: Jenkins
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
Binary repository manager: Nexus, Artifactory
Cloud Platform: AWS
Cloud Technologies: EC2, EBS, ELB, VPC, S3, Lambda, RDS, IAM, VPC Peering, Route53, CloudTrail, Glacier, SNS
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef
Monitoring: Cloud Watch, Grafana
Databases: Oracle 10g, MySQL
Scripting Language: Perl Scripting, UNIX Shell scripting, YAML, Groovy, Python
Containerization tools: Docker
Infrastructure automation tools: CloudFormation, Terraform
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Maintain all the production and non-production environments and create the environment when required in AWS using Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform.
- Experienced in setting up Amazon EC2 instances, VPC, security group and all other required components in AWS.
- Reduced the cost of major application release by 80%.
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration pipelines for applications to trigger a build job in Jenkins using webhooks in GitHub.
- Integrate various tools in Jenkins CI pipeline like Git, Maven, Nexus.
- Created terraform modules to set up various AWS resources like VPCs, subnets, security groups for different environments such as Non-production and production environments.
- Configured various AWS services like EC2, IAM, Lambda, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, EKS, SNS, Glacier, Route53.
- Helped in configuring the branching strategy for the source code in GitHub so that different CI pipelines can be triggered based on the branch.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles, groups and policies in AWS.
- Experience with migration of QA environments into cloud.
- Experience with writing Jenkins shared libraries for several applications.
- Worked on Continuous delivery pipelines to build and deploy application into Docker containers using Jenkins.
- Created Docker images using Dockerfile and managing various components like Docker images, volumes.
- Configured AWS ECR repository to publish the Docker images built in CI pipelines.
- Created the VPC, private and public subnets within the VPC and configured security using IAM and security groups.
- Worked on Terraform modules for creating resources for multiple environments and storing the state file in AWS S3 buckets.
- Experience working with various network elements like Auto scaling, network gateways, load balancers.
- Worked with Ansible for configuration management of the servers. Used different modules in Ansible such as copy, install the required software and service module to start and stop services.
- Written various documents for build and release processes, commonly occurring issues in the deployment process, various checklists before deploying code into different environments.
- Worked with JIRA tool to track the bugs, project status and status of other tasks.
- Experience with Cloud monitoring tools like CloudWatch to configure various alarms, alerts and notifications.
- Participated in Release meetings, Sprint meetings to plan the releases and work effectively in Agile environment.
- Worked in collaboration with developers to implement various DevOps processes and practices and helping new joiners in the team regarding build and release process followed in the project and any issues that they face while working with all the tools.
Environment: Jenkins, Git, Java, Maven, Nexus, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, AWS services such as EC2, Route 53, ECR, EKS, S3, VPC, ELB, Auto Scaling, Jira, Shell scripting
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Responsible for maintaining various production and non-production environments for the application.
- Created CI and CD pipelines using Jenkins and integrate various tools with Jenkins.
- Worked with Developers, Product Owners, Architects, QA and other Cloud Operations team members to design and implement infrastructure changes and CI/CD pipelines as code.
- Worked with build tools like Maven to build artifacts in CI pipelines.
- Created cloud formation templates to automate the provisioning of AWS resources for Dev, QA, UAT environments
- Coordinated with geographically distributed teams and provided support during build/merge issues.
- Experience using CloudFormation templates to create various AWS resources like EC2, S3, RDS, VPCs, subnets, Route53.
- Experience with Jenkins for Continuous Integration pipelines and integrate various tools like Maven, Github, Artifactory.
- Experienced in Installation and configuration of Jenkins. Also, configured various plugins used in CI and CD workflows and configured master and agents.
- Experience with Pipeline as Code by writing CI/CD pipeline scripts that involve various stages.
- Setup SCM polling to trigger builds in Jenkins when code changes committed in GitHub.
- Implemented Continuous delivery workflows to using Jenkins, Docker and AWS AMIs.
- Worked on GitHub as source code management tool and its various features like branching strategies, merging.
- Developed scripts for automation of build and release process, developed custom scripts to monitor repositories and other server resources.
- Developed Docker images for Java and NodeJS applications.
- Automated configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks. Created playbooks to provision Apache web servers, install and configure Tomcat.
- Hands on experience with Ansible Tower for configuration management and deployments.
- Experience writing Terraform modules for infrastructure as code to provision various resources like VPCs, subnets, EC2.
- Reduced significant time on deployment time for infrastructure projects.
- Experience with migration of SVN repositories to Git.
- Worked on Maven pom.xml files to support various phases of build lifecycle.
- Worked with Python scripts to support build and release activities.
- Worked with Jira tool to track project defects and project status.
- Worked with Cloud monitoring tools to monitor AWS resources and send notifications based on various alarms set for the application.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, CloudFormation, Maven, Chef, Docker, Apache Web server, Nagios, Shell scripting, PERL scripting, AWS services such as EC2, VPC, subnets, S3, Route 53.
Lead developer/ Build and Release Engineer
- Worked as a Lead PERL Developer in an application team in which we supported both development and operations.
- Experience with processes of both application development and application operations.
- Developed PERL code for several requirements and bug fixes in the application using different modules and strong features of PERL.
- Performed build, release and deployment activities for the application deployments.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in debugging the incidents and issues raised by the users.
- Developed various technical documents like high level and low level design documents for the user requirements.
- Suggesting and implementing process improvements in both production support and development activities.
- Developed various shell scripts and cron jobs used to monitor the application.
- Preparing Weekly and Monthly reports for application and the database usage.
- Renewal of SSL s every year for the application.
- Experienced with ITIL processes such as Incident management, change management and continuous monitoring of the applications to ensure high availability.
- Provided 24x7 production support (on call rotation) for the web application.
- Performing production support activities which involve tracking Incidents, changes, problems and configurations in the application.
- Gather the requirements from the users and convert them into technical requirements after thorough analysis.
- Develop new PERL scripts or modify existing scripts based on the user requirements.
- Developed several PERL modules using object-oriented concepts and integrated with the application.
- Developed GUI for some application components using Perl TK modules.
- Involved in Code reviews and basic testing, system testing.
- Performed build and release activities for the application releases and deployed into various non production and production environments.
- Prepare technical documentation for all the requirements like low level design, high level design documents.
- Suggest and implement process improvements in the project at various levels like documentation, processes.
- Involved in PERL upgrade of the PERL version in the application. As part of this activity, studied various compatibility issues and fixed the issues.
- Performed ClearCase upgrade for the ECC binaries from ClearCase 7.0 to ClearCase 8.0. During this phase, analyzed all issues, recompiled all incompatible dependent binaries.
- Performed Solaris to Linux migration for the application. All the C, C++ binaries that were incompatible during the migration were recompiled.
- Received various accolades from the customers during development of requirements and migration of the environment.
- Provide various value-adds to the customer along with the requirements which helped improve customer satisfaction.
- Worked with functional test team to ensure no issues reported from user end and fix all issues before delivering to the customer.
Environment: Solaris 10, Linux, PERL scripting, IBM Rational ClearCase.