Senior Systems Lead with over 25 years of diverse experience in leading teams of IT professionals and business management, adept at coordinating major hardware, operating system, and software implementations, as well as coordinating movement of resources, highly familiar with directing personnel training, end - user support, Systems & AV Engineering, Administration and Analyzing and reporting functions. Leading contributor on large projects, a self-starter, and able to work operate in a collaborative environment.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Install configure test and maintain Windows operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Enterprise level experience in maintaining physical and virtual servers and hosts. Monitoring, managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting a Windows environment.
- Planning for and responding to service outages and other problems installing system upgrades managing system resources and optimizing system performance; performing system startup shutdown diagnostics file management user and group setups Deploys and configures DHCP and DNS services
- Planning execution and management of Enterprise data backup disaster recovery (DR) and continuity of operations (COOP) operations and support.
- Plan for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Virtualizing desktop applications for use in a VDI environment through VMware ThinApp and App Volumes. vMotion, Storage vMotion and Network/Storage IO Control.
- Implementation and administration VMware vSphere ESXi 5.x/4.x, ESX /3.x platform, vCenter 5.x/4.x and vBlock 100/200/300/700 series.
- Working on Host Profiles, Resource Pools, Storage Profiles, VMFS data store and templates for client VMs.
- Configured EMC/Netapp/HP SAN/NAS storage as data stores in VMWARE environment and as volumes in windows environment.
- MS Power shell Scripting Building and maintaining Microsoft Exchange Server (2003/2007/2010/2013/2016 )
- Designs and implements SCCM solutions related to Windows server and/or desktop and laptop systems. Creates and distribute native Windows Installer (MSI) based application packages throughout a MS SCCM infrastructure spanning multiple sites and physical locations.
- Modifies and manages Active Directory components for enterprise LAN/WAN users
- Plans network infrastructures services highly available network services server virtualization infrastructure and identity and access solutions
- Configures cloud integration including public and private clouds.
- Develops/maintains systems configurations and executes administration and operational duties on computer systems while maintaining data/information as required.
- Analyzes evaluates and tests software and hardware to provide issue/problem resolution.
- Install, plan and secure computer facilities and organizes training as required and appropriate.
- Backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Configure and Administer MS meeting, Workspace.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Well Versed in SaaS, PaaS and IaaS DaaS in Cloud environment
- Configure Mapping and Automation.
Hardware: IBM Accelerated & Enterprise Power Servers, Dell 3000 & 5000 Series HPE ProLiant DL and Micro Servers, Cray XC40 Shaheen-II. Oracle SPARC/ Sun Solaris Servers. Cisco Catalyst 1000, 3650, Catalyst 9000 Series Core Switches, Nexus Data Center 9000 Switches, Meraki MS Series and Industrial IE Series. Apple IMac, Mac Pro Systems, Laptops (Surface Pro Series, Latitude and Precision), Desktops & Tablets
ERP Applications: ERP Scientific and Business Management, Supply Chain Management
Cloud/Virtualization: VMware, Microsoft ERP Cloud- Azure, AWS, Intel Hybrid Cloud, Google Cloud Platform.
Microsoft Server OS: Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012 & 2016
Microsoft Desktop OS: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
MAC OS: Apple OS X 10 and Mac OS Server
Office Suites: Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013/365, 2016/365, Open Office, Lotus Notes.
Messaging: Outlook, Lync, Lotus Notes, Podium & Live Chat
Database: Oracle RDBMS, IBM DB2, SQL 2005,2008,2012,2014,2016 and 2017
Data Management: Symantec, VERITAS 9, 10, 11, 12.5, Team Desk & Data science Studio
Imaging: Symantec Ghost, Acronis, Paragon & Easeus.
IT Security: McAfee, Symantec, Kaspersky, Norton, Antispyware, Windows Defender, Firewall and anti-scripting. Adept in Windows Defender security deployments, configurations, administration and on Windows OS ( Virus & Threat Protection, Account Protection, Firewall and network protection, App & Browser Control, Device Security, Device performance and health and Family option)
Scripting: Microsoft PowerShell and VB
Financial & Business Software: Peach Tree, Quicken, Tax Cut, TurboTax, SAP and ACT
Web Browser: Internet Explorer, Firebox, Chrome, Opera & Safari
Compression and Backup: WinZip, WinRAR, 7-Zip, Win Ace
Collaboration Software: Microsoft SharePoint, One hub, Smart Sheet, Go to meeting and work front
AV Technology: Teleconferencing, Video Conferencing -Crestron, Projectors, Audio/Video Mixers, Microphone Setup & Configuration, and Biamp . Stage Control Systems, Theater Systems, Media Broadcast Technology, Smartboard Technology
Confidential, Kansas City
Senior Consultant - Systems
- Provide in creating requirement specifications based on Architecture/Design/Detailing of Processes.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve system hardware, software and networking issues
- OS upgrades, performance tuning, problem resolution, storage administration, security administration, capacity planning, policy administration, backup planning and systems analysis
- Patch management/vulnerability management
- Windows IIS Administration
- Power Shell Scripting
- Managing virtual environment (VMware, VSphere)
- Provide technical consultancy on in capturing requirements related to internal/external consulting, documenting, and mapping current business process.
- Provide technical support and deploy, configure, administer, update and monitor network resources
- Provide ongoing support for Microsoft Windows Server environment Windows 2012, 2016 & 2019
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve software and hardware problems across server platforms.
- Perform system upgrades, patching, backups and security hardening.
- Provides innovative solutions to complex problems and communicates progress toward project/program goals.
- Responsible for technical deliverables during the entire lifecycle of technology projects.
IT Systems Consultant
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot Windows Server operating systems and Visio, MS Office 365
- MS office 365 Deploy, Administer and Configure
- Provide user Support and training on Office 365
- Add and remove Windows server features and roles such as Terminal servers (RDS), DNS, DHCP, etc.-
- Troubleshoot Windows Server Performance issues using various performance and monitoring tools
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot Hyper-V infrastructure
- Service Pack upgrade and hot fix installations and windows version upgrade
- Active Directory: configure and maintain Active directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy
- Create Virtual Machine, perform cloning, create and delete snapshots, add and remove hardware resources on guest OS
- Patch management using SCCM.
- Windows Clustering and troubleshooting, Bug Checking (Dump Analysis), Registry Editor, Performance Monitor, Remote access tools, DNS, WINS, DHCP, Backup Technologies, Patching/software upgrades, Volume/partition space management Active Directory, Domain Administrator, Creation and management of directory infrastructure, Monitoring and reporting associated with the reliability and security of the domain
- Setup and Installation of VMware VM Host with dedicated storage and vCenter Console; ideally vCenter and with SAN backend storage
- P2V migration onto VMware Host Server
- Upgrades of VMware versions
- Day-to-day management of the domain controllers
- Monitoring connectivity, synchronization, replication,
- Manage group policy at root of domain and for Domain Controllers OU
- Group Policy Object (GPO) creation, troubleshooting, and management VM Tools.
- Design and implement VERITAS NetBackup architecture related to the functionality of transport modes.
- Configure core components of NetBackup including devices, storage units, Storage Lifecycle Policies, SDLC, volumes, and volume pools using the NetBackup Administration Console
- Configure storage servers and disk pools including media server and client-side deduplication
- Configure backup policy attributes, schedules, clients, and backup selection lists
- Run and monitor backups, duplications and restores
- Monitor daily activity and availability of the NetBackup environment by analyzing reports and reviewing activity logs
- Automate systems to support desktop and mobile computing platforms.
Lead Systems Engineer
- Virtualization technology: VMware ESXi 5.5, 6.0 and on V sphere, P2V, VMotion and VMware virtual center.
- Performance tuning of VMWare servers and Virtual sessions and management of servers resources between virtual machines.
- Microsoft PowerShell Scripting
- Large scale system support to MS Office 2010, 2012, 2016 and Office 365
- Manage, Administer, Configure Active Directory, ADFS, Directory Synchronization, Azure Active Directory, Rights Management Services (RMS), Microsoft Azure cloud platform, and TCP/IP and LAN / WAN networking
- Administer and Deploy PDQ packaging
- Mentor users/Management to Agile Solutions
- Configure, Administer and Maintain VDI
- Manage MS licensing systems/admin groups Server administration and management for virtual and physical servers. Services focus on building documenting operating maintaining and sustaining.
- Design, installation, configuration, and implementation of the Windows infrastructure which includes Active Directory, DNS servers, and workstations.
- Building and running exchange and maintaining security on-premise
- Manage, patch and update exchange servers
- Add delete modify end-user accounts
- Backup and restore server and end-users’ mailboxes
- Monitor access logs and implement hardening best practice
- IT Automation: Automate infrastructure and application delivery with self-service capabilities to enable infrastructure as a service.
- Deploy and Manage Centralized platform vCenter Server for managing vSphere environments across hybrid cloud.
- Implements VMware vSphere (compute), VMware vSAN™ (storage), VMware NSX (networking and security), and VMware vRealize® Suite (cloud management)
- Design Security for network-level micro-segmentation, distributed firewalls and VPN, compute-level encryption for VM, hypervisor and vMotion®, and storage-level encryption for data
- Help with all aspects of SharePoint implementation - version selection & licensing, infrastructure planning, document management, workflows, system integration, dashboards, custom add-ins and web parts, training, and ongoing support.
- Manage and Administer Windows 2012R2, 2016, VMware, Hyper-V, Storage Technologies, SCCM and Cisco Networking.
- Oversight of infrastructure including installing, configuring, testing and maintaining MS operating systems & Server, application software and system management tools
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, and configuration(s).
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting.
- Server Installation, System/Application installation and patch management, Windows problem determination and resolution, log analysis.
- Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: Operating System, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration
- Familiar in using Ansible for environment provisioning and application deployment in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process using a Jenkins Pipeline.
- Worked with OpenShift containerization software by Red Hat and OpenShift Container Platform service built/Docker containers orchestrated and managed by Kubernetes of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Worked with Splunk application management, security and compliance with business and web applications.
- Working knowledge of Cloud tools Azure or AWS
- Provides support, maintains, and troubleshoots Audio Visual(AV) systems (e.g. Crestron, Polycom, EMS) in learning facilities (classrooms and simulation center) and conference rooms for the University. Provides support for end users and works to collaborate with other IT staff members as needed to resolve technical issues.
IT Systems Manager
- Manage and support Office Suite 2013, 2016 and 365
- Migrate Windows lower to advance level.
- Provide first/second level server and networking support
- SAN Administration
- Maintain VMWARE Environment
- Cisco Routing/Switching
- Document Network Diagrams, Policies and procedures
- Monitor 24/7 Server, network equipment’s, Print services, Firewalls status and performance.
- Enterprise System Administration on Microsoft Windows platform; supporting of a wide array of server grade applications to include MS Office 365, Windows DNS, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, SAN/NAS, SCCM/SCOM, VM, Patch Management, and LDAP Monitor the Active Directory Domain in order to detect malfunction, intrusion attempts, and anomalies.
- Design and manage directory synchronizations with other systems.
- Synchronize Directory Services - Create utilities and scripts to synchronize directory services.
- Ensure information integrity. Add user functionality.
- Provide Active Directory administration at the area processing center or regional nodes.
- Provide Microsoft Active Directory OU administration and assign permissions in accordance with delegation model.
- Operate and maintain global directory in support of Forest Management for Active Directory.
- Perform hardware upgrades, software upgrades, apply security patches and apply recommended operating system (OS) patches, test and install desktop software, add user accounts, remove user accounts
- Provide system performance tuning, and perform backups and restores. Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve IT server and workstation-related trouble tickets.
- Create/change approved Group Policies for any customer requirements and to remediate all vulnerabilities for servers and workstations
- Configuring, upgrading and maintaining Exchange server for onsite and remote users
- Involved with AV projects coordination and implementation.
- Provides documentation on setup, configuration, and use of AV Systems