- Results driven IT professional with years of versatile experience in network administration, design and integration. Seeking a senior role directly responsible for managing mission critical servers, storage, network infrastructure (switches, firewalls, routers) and maintenance of employee computers with a reputable firm. Looking to further develop and apply MBA skills to manage IT resources as well as technically challenging projects.
Networks & Security Administrator
- Design, implement, monitor and maintain a large multiple site network.
- Lead projects assigned to the networking unit and provide support to cross functional projects.
- Serve a primary contact for all college infrastructure projects or those requiring interaction with messaging or directory services (including SharePoint/Lync servers).
- Display solid understanding of Layer 2/3 switching architectures and familiarity with Layer 4 - 7 switching concepts (VLAN, QoS, PoE, tagging)
- Manage the day to day work of two analysts by assigning and following up on tasks.
- Mentor and promote knowledge sharing among staff to assist their professional development.
- Experience configuring and maintaining routers
- Display experience with installing and configuring DNS, building and managing firewalls, wireless LAN controllers/AP’s, as well as configuring or maintaining routers.
- Manage projects requiring effective liaising between System Integrator and internal resources.
- Respond to off-duty calls to support systems questions or production problems.
- Network and security administration, project management, budget preparation, documentation, assist CIO with staff planning, training and counseling.
- Administration, troubleshooting and support of enterprise wide wired/wireless networks, authentication services, network management and monitoring systems.
- Convey superior troubleshooting skills with LAN/WAN, storage area networks, servers, thin clients, networked and web applications.
- Provide proactive service maintenance (tuning and optimization), monitoring and administration of network appliances including firewalls, IPS, load-balancers and VPN, DNS, DHCP and IPAM.
- Reveal experience with scripting, configuring and upgrading network equipment.
- Display proficiency with switching and Internet networking, management and security protocols.
- Establish experience with routing/switching technologies, TCP and application architecture.
- Demonstrate possession of excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
ConfidentialNetworks & Security Administrator
- Deployment of edge/access layer replacement switches using l2 cisco catalysts.
- Redesign of core/distribution layer LAN switching using l3 cisco catalysts.
- Active directory upgrade from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Remediation tasks in support of network assessment performed by third party network service provider/systems integrator.
- Remediation tasks in support of AD/Exchange assessment performed by third party network service provider/systems integrator.
- Design and implementation of on-premise IM/Conferencing solution using Lync Server 2010.
- Review and upgrade of ISCSI-SAN/Virtualization solution using Citrix XenServer 5.5 and HP/LeftHand P4500 6TB SATA Storage System.
- Managed project to migrate Exchange 2007 email data for Alumni to Google Apps for Education.
Networks & Security Administrator
- Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server Operating Systems, IIS, MS Clustering, Active Directory, Networking (TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, DHCP).
- Windows Operating Systems and security (System/Network/Application Hardening)
- Email (Exchange 2003-2007) - mobile computing (RIM/Droid/IPhone)
- Spam/Content filtering (Google/Postini)
- Blackberry Enterprise Server (4.1/5.x)
- E-Mail Security (Encryption, signing, digital certificates)
- Networking: (Cisco switch-Catalyst 4507, router-3845/2821, firewall-ASA 5520)
- FC SAN technology (EMC CLARiiON Cx300), EMC Navisphere Management Suite, Brocade silkworm switch, HBA's), monitor/performance-tune components
- Monitoring of SAN and node connectivity for performance and efficiency
- Ensure data protection on SAN
- Backup/Recovery (EMC NetWorker)
- Allocate LUN and RAID groups as needed (provisioning of CLARiiON networked storage systems)
- Patching (WSUS 3.0 s/p 2 - migrate to System Center Essentials 2010)
- Virtualization Technology (VMWare ESXi 3.5/4.x)
- Physical-Virtual Server Build/conversion (P2V)/Monitoring
- PCI compliance & audit remediation
- Remote Desktop (Terminal) Services
- Knowledge of commonly used scripting languages for Windows (Windows PowerShell, VBScript)
- Application install/support/troubleshooting
- Technical documentation skills