- I am seeking a position in Information Security Assurance which will permit me to continue practicing and expanding my skill set and knowledge base.
- 18 years hands - on network/applications support and analysis - assisting end-users and improving networks
- Experience in design, installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting of Cisco LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Multitasking ability - able to balance priorities and maintain customer confidence.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Network Security aspects and Intrusion events and auditing
- Excellent customer interface skills - able to make technical details understandable to non-technical users.
- Detailed knowledge of Cisco ASA, Routers, Switches and Intrusion Detection System; Juniper; Palo Alto Next-Gen Firewall
- Capable/experienced in full scope of duties Wan, LAN, Network Intrusion Detection
- Proficient in Office 365; Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Fluently speak write and troubleshoot in English, Spanish, and French.
- CCNA, CCNP Security
- Wireless LAN 802.11 installation and troubleshooting
- Citrix Server;
- Cisco Aironet Wireless
- Virtual Private Network
- Router technology ( Netopia Cayman DSL router)
- DSL Technology
- Confidential ADSL Digital modems installation and troubleshooting
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
Senior Network Security Engineer
- Review existing network architecture and help identify areas for improvement.
- Work with ticketing systems, change control processes, and execute changes.
- Help troubleshoot and fix network Security related issues in the Data Center and remote Corporate Offices
- Work with third-party vendors in support of the network.
- Provide support and mentorship to junior engineers.
- Lead after-hours maintenance and troubleshooting activities as part of an on-call rotation.
- Assess gaps in security and identify solutions to mitigate risk, including business processes, technical controls, and policy improvements.
- Helps gather testing evidence for external and internal audits. This includes preparing for SOC and other compliance audits.
- Attend weekly security meetings to discuss/review vulnerability assessment reports and provide guidance to senior management and the PCI compliance Team
- Assist in the development of security policies, plans, and procedures to meet government regulations and industry best practices
- Assist with the enforcement of policy guidelines
- Acts as primary technical subject matter expert for security scanning.
- Accountable for the overall scanning infrastructure, scanning execution, quality of work and deliverables.
- Executes security assessments to highlight and clearly articulate risks to the business.
- Participates in the scope definition of security scanning and VA scanners management
- Proactively discovers vulnerabilities in our enterprise PCI, HIPPA, Corporate, and Production environments and ensures mitigation actions are implemented
- Performs vulnerability research to identify new, previously unknown and unpublished vulnerabilities.
- Conduct audits of Data Center Platforms: Cisco ASA, Juniper, Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco Nexus Switches, F5 Load Balancers and assets behind the Imperva cloud
- Generate/renew CA signed certificates for Confidential
- Manage Confidential certificates using Venafi
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
Network Security Engineer
- Handle and Resolve Network issue cases via Support PeopleSoft System
- Replicate issues and test customer configurations in a lab environment,
- Interfacing with other technical support personnel, engineering and product management to escalate and resolve issues.
- Performing, as required, remote or on-site Network upgrade activities.
- Analyze and review escalated cases until closure; this includes investigating and recommending appropriate corrective actions for data security incidents;
- Perform analysis on logs, traffic flows, and other activities to identify malicious activity
- Design, deploy and troubleshooting routed networks using Cisco Routers as well as layer-2 and layer-3 switching products.
- Support and troubleshoot Cisco VPN, Extranet and public Internet connections delivered via a variety of carrier facilities (Sprint, ATT, Level3)
- Built and configure Confidential PCI environment, policies and documentation for Cisco ASA Firewalls, Routers, Switches
- Built and implemented Confidential Intrusion Detection System using Sourcefire IPS
- Analyze and investigate all Confidential Intrusion events on a daily basis
- Work daily with Symantec Security Operation Center (SOC) to correlate intrusion events
- Review all Confidential Core Firewalls and PCI Firewalls security events log information using Manage Engine Firewall Analyzer.
- Translate impact analyses to be presented to senior management during our weekly Security Meeting
- Providing security analysis and solutions in BCD WAN/LAN environment.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
- Working with project teams to understand system requirements and specifications;
- Ensuring testing requirements are documented and understood for the project;
- Capturing the design of test cases and test procedures in Mercury Test Director;
- Building test cases/scripts using Mercury Interactive test automation tools;
- Writes detailed test cases to exercise product functionality;
- Executes manual functional testing based on analysis and understanding of the requirements;
- Verifies test results in all forms including graphical user interfaces, databases, printed output, and data transmissions;
- Executes automated test scripts utilizing Mercury automation tools;
- Ensuring all Quality Assurance and testing activities are conducted throughout the life cycle and that the results from these activities are verified;
- Facilitating defects tracking and problem determination throughout the life cycle;
Confidential, Atlanta GA
- Handle Confidential escalations regarding network, security issues;
- Participate as a member of the Confidential Internet security suite Beta testing Team;
- Conduct Technical review for the Confidential Internet security suite;
- Handle escalations of the Confidential Internet Security activation and installation issues;
- Work closely with Confidential Abuse department;
- Familiar with SQL scripts;
- Generate reports using SQL script From the ASG Database;
- Experience in vulnerability assessment tools, methodologies, generating reports and metrics;
- Experience in anti-virus detection and removal, host and network-based Intrusion Detection Systems;
- Configure and install network firewalls for Confidential Business customers with single or multiple Static IP addresses;
- Troubleshoot network issues using Ethereal Packet capture, Solarwinds;
- Responsibilities include installation and Troubleshooting of customer WANS, LAN;
- Familiar protocols are: RIP1, RIP2, OSPF, TCP/IP, IP, IPX, EIGRP, and BGP;
- Resolve calls and technical issues that are beyond Tier2 and Confidential Technician expertise;
- Resolve Confidential Presidential escalations;
- Troubleshoot network hardware systems including switches, routers, bridges, Wireless access points, RAS;
- Troubleshoot VPN, DNS, WINS, Terminal Services, Email services; Wireless security and connectivity issues;
- Troubleshoot and configure Microsoft windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, 2003 issues;
- Troubleshoot and configure Macintosh OS 9.x, 10.x and airport issues;
- Troubleshoot and resolve Confidential Network issues; MTU, Packet loss, Routing issue; Mail filter issues;
- Documents calls Using CRM, ASG database, Siebel;
- Implement, install, and test data and voice network;
- Work Closely with BroadVoice to support and resolve VOIP issues for Confidential Trial Customers;
- Troubleshoot Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) issue;
- Create and coordinate supports Tools for Confidential Tier1 and Tier2 agents;
- Coach new hired Tier3 agents;