- Results - driven, accomplished IT professional with more than a decade of technical and supervisory expertise. Cross-platform experience On-Premise/Remote and the cloud leading teams, manage company assets.
Sr. Systems Administrator
- Windows server 2008R2/2012R2/2016/2019 administration physical and virtual. Microsoft Azure systems administration and configuration to support organizational D.R. and other projects as needed. DHCP administration and scope configuration for college systems and wireless. Supported an organization with over 4000 users spread amongst various locations. Manage windows internal DNS records for various applications and name resolution of client systems. Hyper-V and VMWare virtual server configuration and administration. Management of 2008, 2016, and 2019 Windows Hyper-V environment for DMZ servers. Vulnerability scanning and remediation on Windows servers, virtual and physical. Print server configuration and management to support centralized printing. Assisted with training of end users for O365. Managed Microsoft Teams implementation and planned PSTN AudioCodes SBC hybrid configuration.
- Utilizing Change Management and Lean Six Sigma process to communicate business changes and risks to department leaders in a timely manner. Adjusts business processes to continuously enhance customer experience. Creates and updates documentation where needed to support workflows, standard operating procedures and job aids in efforts toward continuous organizational improvement. Performs a deep business process review through the customer experience lens. I evaluate our existing processes for quality, efficiency and cost reduction opportunities. Performed backup and restores using Veritas Netbackup.
- Monitor and evaluates the effectiveness of implemented business process changes. Identifies business process improvements and formulates recommendations to stakeholders. Working closely with IT and Enrollment Services to understand client needs and improve business processes. Created Windows servers in Azure to support having a backup virtual controller for disaster recovery and sustainability purposes along with Azure AD replication. Azure PowerShell scripting to automate creation of virtual machines and add features to the VM. Manage Azure AD using PowerShell and via web portal.
- Compile then communicate business rules and process changes to impacted work teams to increase efficiency. Create user groups for user acceptance testing efforts for the operations team. Acts as a technical and business process SME when onboarding new clients or resolving issues with existing clients. Perform deep analysis of incident ticket data and error reports to drive continuous improvements within teams. Manage and coordinate review, implementation, and technical releases for the operations teams. Provide continuous improvement and actively participate in building business requirements for technical and/or process changes. Builds, coordinates and prepares operations for audit work.
- Microsoft PowerShell systems administration and automation for several services we provide within the organization, O365, and Azure. Lead VOIP consolidation/migration utilizing AudioCodes Mediant 4000 devices for SIP traffic. Configure AudioCodes Mediant 1, 3, 4, and MP124 devices. Backup to tape using Dell PowerVault ML6000. Dell PowerEdge R720 and R820 used in Domain controller rollouts and testing environment. Provided information as needed for RFI.
Lead Systems Engineer
- Support DISA PKI with EMC Storage Area Network (SAN) and Brocade switch configuration and administration. Keep a record of site related SAN and fiber channel switch. Part of this information includes current configuration and proposed changes.
- Reset Brocade 4100 and 5300 devices when needed for reconfiguration and password reset. Secure devices using IP filters and port related security policies. I also provide support for Corporate HP Storageworks SAN. Support storage related support on multiple projects related to DISA PKI and corporate IT. Utilized SSH and WINSCP during testing of bash scripts. Trained junior admin using Veritas Netbackup.
- Writing bash scripts for use with RedHat Linux 4, 5, & 6 systems to manage EMC SAN in test and production environments. These scripts would provision the SAN along with fiber channel switches for new Windows or Linux host systems. VMWare systems were also configured for access to the SAN. Testing of these scripts files were performed on Linux systems. Completed Security Plus Certification
- Provided support to the Arlington County Government’s Network systems. The email system is mixed coexistence of exchange 2003, exchange 2010, and Microsoft Office 365 with database availability groups. POP3/ Imap configuration and setup to exchange server.
- Configure Storage Area Networks (SAN) including EMC CX300, AX4, and CX700 devices. I configured and deployed CISCO MDS9134 SAN Fiber Channel Switches to support the new VMWare shared storage environment. SAN and fiber fabric security configuration.
- Evaluated Cloud service offerings from both Google and Microsoft for possible migration off premise. The evaluated criteria based on functionality, scalability, overall interoperability with current applications being used to include day to day work process usability. Planned 2003 to 2008 Active Directory Migration and documented steps needed to complete the project. I am very active as the onsite engineer performing our Microsoft Office365 migrations for Arlington County department consisting of over 7000 mailboxes and resources. The email system is in a coexistence configuration consisting of exchange 2003, 2010, and Microsoft Office 365. Evaluated ProofPoint cloud managed email filter and compliance testing. Provide Microsoft windows server administration. Provide administration of VMWare ESX4 and ESX5 with local and Storage Area Network configurations. Backup and restores using Veritas Netbackup.
- Active evaluator for mobile device management (MDM) solutions to further secure the county’s communication devices. I am an active member of the county security team working closely with the organizations CISSO. Develop, implement and monitor IT security, disaster recovery and business continuity plans to provide maximum network availability across the company. Infrastructure design, deployment, system hardening, and security patching. Manage and control protection of the company’s data assets. Ensure that reliable backup and archive procedures are being performed. Recommendations regarding IT policy and procedures.
- Supported INDUS onsite at Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration. Responsibilities include: I provide third level support for the Microsoft Exchange email system consisting of over 6,000 users. I am also in charge of supporting the disaster recovery planning, systems configurations, and operations for the production location and disaster recovery site. Provide validation of SAN configuration and documentation for DR documentation.
- Performed monthly and emergency patching of servers in the field offices, production environment, and disaster recovery locations. Served as lead DR engineer for email systems in the DR site/sites, and for overall FHWA DR systems operations. Organized DR team to facilitate specific functions needed for DR test and actual event. Updated DR plans for production and filed office support of email system supporting several thousand users. Performed extensive analysis of disaster recovery site to plan and execute cleanup efforts. The cleanup efforts included the following: coordinating efforts from different teams to assist in cabling of production, standby systems, and removal / excess of old retiring systems. Performed backup and restores using Veritas Netbackup.
- Acted as a co-lead engineer for FHWA to COE email migration in support of a federal initiative to migrate per government mandate. Created documentation for migration processes along with other projects and in support of POA&M.
- Develop, implement and monitor IT security, disaster recovery and business continuity plans to provide maximum network availability across the company. Performed Nessus security scan and vulnerability remediation