- DevOps Engineer, expert with kubernetes and micro - services architecture, site reliability engineering, application security, and team mentoring with ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. Strong experience in automation, hands-on with scripting, and familiarity with tooling across cloud native landscape.
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of technology across several domains and engineering practices such as Agile, SCRUM, continuous integration, business continuity management, configuration management, test driven development, micro services architecture, virtualization, automation, experience with multi-cloud environments AWS, Azure, GCP, ITIL, configuration management, and containerization.
DevOps Tools: AWS, Azure, IBM Bluemix, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, npm, Yarn, Git, Artifactory, JIRA, Junit, Apigee, Akamai, Selenium, Hashicorp Vault, Nginx, ElasticSearch, VMware, Cloud Foundry, GraphQL, Rest API, VMWare, Packer, Vagrant, VirtualBox, Citrix, Terraform, Helm, EC2, S3, IAM, PAAS, Public and Private cloud.
Security Tools: Sonarqube, Fortify Static and Dynamic scans, JFrog X-ray, Sonatype Nexus IQ, Whitehat Security, Nessus, Penetration testing, AppSec.
Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris, UNIX, Mac OS, Windows.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, SQL, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server
Monitoring and Testing Tools: Sumologic,Splunk, New Relic, Dynatrace, Selenium, Cucumber, SOAPUI, Clover, Cobertura, Jacoco, Kafka, Message-hub, Redis-cache, Config Server, Sonarqube, PostMan.
Tools: GitHub, BitBucket, Grafana, Prometheus, Pagerduty, New Relic, SumoLogic, Splunk, Dynatrace, SiteSpect, Hyperglance, Cucumber, Selenium.
Principal DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for site reliability engineering, and automation of monitoring, and troubleshooting of RH applications using ALM tool suite including New Relic, Grafana, Prometheus, Sumologic, and Pagerduty.
- Helped set up and integrate, to address application security aspects into CI/CD pipeline with stages for Sonarqube for code quality, JFrog Xray scan for open source component vulnerabilities, Fortify for Static code analysis and deployed to Kubernetes clusters using Helm charts.
- Helped evaluate tools and negotiated license contracts with the vendors.
- Migrated applications from RH data center to cloud, both lift and shift, and re-architecture and migrate using the cloud native model.
- Involved with triaging security vulnerabilities with development teams and implement security gates as per RH security policies. Scheduled for periodic mobile application Dynamic scans and penetration testing.
- Deployment of RH Mobile applications via rolling and blue-green and canary release deployments using Helm charts, sitespect, and Akamai.
- Helped automate some of the QA activities using ruby, cucumber, selenium.
- Assisted in server and network administration in Amazon cloud for 2 accounts. Designed high availability applications on AWS across availability zones and regions.
- Automated creation of VMWare images using Hashicorp Packer as part of the continuous integration pipeline. Maintained Citrix environments for application virtualization.
- As part of the AWS cost control initiative, developed scripts using AWS python boto3 library to create and populate tags as per our defined standards for all EC2 instances.
- Mentored less experienced team members and brought onboard and promoted devops processes and tools with some of the teams.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for setting up “role-based authorization strategy” for Jenkins and used the roles within groovy shared libraries to implement promotions to controlled environments authorizations.
- Consumed the shared libraries from within the pipeline as code Jenkins files versioned with the project repositories in git.
- Responsible for application monitoring and troubleshooting for site reliability.
- Helped configure and deploy dockerized Trade-up micro service applications using Helm charts and Jenkins pipelines as code.
- Created Docker containers and deployed to Kubernetes cluster via pods, replica sets, deployments, and service primitives.
- Helped migrate in-house built tool called IssueTracker from Oracle Enterprise Linux(OEL) 5 to newer OEL 7 hosts for both non-prod and prod environments.
- Created several Ansible playbooks and roles to manage TLS certificates, applications and configurations deployments.
DevOps Solutions Architect
- Migrated build release automated pipeline from Groovy DSL based to Jenkins 2.0 pipeline plugin and declarative pipeline.
- Helped with transformation of the organizational culture so that the behaviors, philosophies, attitudes and structures are more aligned with agile principles and DevOps methodologies.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and root cause analysis using the auditing, logging, and monitoring using Dynatrace and Splunk for site reliability.
- Worked incorporating WhiteHat AppSec tool with Jenkins pipeline to allow development teams within Kaiser to ensure that application builds meet KP security requirements before going into production.
- Responsible for building Jenkins pipelines for supporting Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of KP.ORG’s Pharmacy center micro service applications deployed into the IBM Bluemix PAAS private cloud and Cloud Foundry.
- Built Jenkins pipeline for Java and Node JS based micro service applications using Maven, NPM, Yarn, IBM UCD, Artifactory, Sonarqube, Nexus IQ, Whitehat, IBM Bluemix and CF CLI.
- Automated smoke, contract, integration and end-2-end test jobs using Selenium and SoapUI test suites and are triggered as a downstream job after each successful build.
- Integrated with HipChat to alert the developers when the build breaks with a link to build report for early feedback and action.
- Created and maintained Pharmacy team DevOps related documents in confluence for collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Understanding and experience with code deployment to production using blue/green approach.
Sr DevOps Engineer
- Significant experience in automation and scripting using Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Git, Bash, JIRA, Artifactory, and Dynatrace on Linux/Unix.
- Configured for continuous integration builds and alerted the developers when the build breaks with build and code quality reports.
- Created reusable artifacts and organized into libraries with versions and consumed from repositories during the build process.
- Created configurable deployments and automated using the deployment scripts.
- Developed automated unit tests & functional tests using the test suites JUnit, SOAPUI, and Selenium.
- Created and maintained multiple application environments with a clear separation (Dev, QA, UAT etc.)
- Part of the team responsible for transformation of the organizational culture so that the behaviors, philosophies, attitudes and structures are more aligned with agile principles and DevOps methodologies.
- Hands-on experience in SCM, Version Control, Build, Release and Deployment process and hands-on experience in DevOps implementations.
- Experienced with AWS provided Solutions like EC2, ELB, VPC, S3, IAM, CloudTrial, and CloudWatch.
- Experienced in using Cloud Foundry (CF) CLI for deploying applications and other CF management activities.
- Deployed containerized micro services in Java by building Docker images of applications.
- Helped various application teams to containerize and orchestrate their applications on Kubernetes.
- Ensured ITIL process is followed to drive On-call, Incident and Problem management (driving Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and permanent fix), Change management (part of Change Advisory Board) to improve application availability.
- Provided application availability metrics to higher management.
- Primarily focused on Build and Release and Delivery Automation Engineering via investments in automation at several layers of the Technology stack to implement a Continuous Deployment/Delivery pipeline.
- Established naming conventions and documentation standards.
- Diagnosed, resolved and validated application monitoring solutions for cloud deployments.
- Maintained production applications and managed SOAs and metrics performance.
- Collaborated with Sys Admin and DBAs to identify deployed issues for component based applications.
- Worked with Application vendor product group and handled product bugs and issues and Interacted with Product.
- Tech Support in various Occasions and resolved issues related to server and deployment.
- Installed/Configured DR mechanism and enabled business continuity process.
- Managed deployments and builds for various tracks on multiple environments including QA, UAT and Production.
- Verified for all approvals before performing any Prod migration to ensure SOX procedures are followed.
- Used Hudson/Jenkins and Maven scripts to automate the build processes.
- Researched and implemented a clustered, load balancing and fail-over solution for the E-Bonding project.
- Worked closely with developers and managers to resolve the issues during the deployments to different environments and documented the workflow.
- This project integrated Confidential ’s Remedy system to a service providers ticketing system.
- Implemented an electronic Ticket bonding gateway.
- Allowed two-way access to and from the Confidential enterprise ticketing system through our firewalls.
- Once submitted it would go right into the service providers queue.
- When the ticket is closed remedy will automatically close and send an e-mail to NOC tech distribution.
- Ebonded with the service providers Confidential Communications, Quest, Embarq, and AT&T.Network Capital Management System (NCMS)
- NCMS is a highly visible Confidential Wireless system for network capital management, budgeting and forecasting tool. Relevant data is ingested from PeopleSoft system daily into NCMS Database.
- Created groups and user accounts for NCMS users to access Business Objects.
- Developed and scheduled various reports to user inbox.