- 6+ years of experience with JIRA administration and/or development in creating, managing, and supporting all administrative functions associated with the Atlassian product suite
- Agile Project Management knowledge/experience
- Experience of JIRA or related technologies
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with JQL
- Working knowledge of either Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Create custom workflows, post functions, and validators, make changes to workflows, screens, fields, and reporting, and provide ongoing support and configuration maintenance
- Configure, install, maintain and upgrade JIRA/Confluence
- Experience administering and customizing JIRA projects, experience performing migrations
- Hands on JIRA Core or JIRA Software (Formerly JIRA Agile), Fisheye/Crucible, Crowd, and Confluence experience
- Integration of Tempo Time Tracking Tools in JIRA.
- Migration of JIRA projects across environments
- Work with clients on discovery of issues and migrations
- Provide technical/configuration support on JIRA Software, JIRA Service Desk, Confluence, Jira Portfolio, Tempo, BitBucket, Zephire
- Excellent problem - solving skills, process implementation skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, including interacting with senior clients
- Engaging in continuous learning and adoption of new concepts, technologies and functionality
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills working with customers
- Excellent time- and project-management skills
- Demonstrated experience in installing, configuring and administering Atlassian plugins
- Proven experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting the Atlassian product suite
Project Management Tools: Atlassian - JIRA, Confluence, Portfolio, Bitbucket and Crowd
Scripting Tools: Shell scripting, Perl
Database: Oracle - SQL
Job Scheduling Tool: AUTOSYS, Cron
Tools: Urban Deploy, Toad, Service Now, HP Manager
Software Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, Waterfall
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN, GIT
Operating Systems: Windows 10, UNIX, Linux
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Creates custom projects in JIRA for complex workflows, reports, permission schemes etc. to meet business needs
- Performs testing in non-production environments (Dev instance), deployment in Production followed by testing in Production
- Creates test cases and generates test reports for testing JIRA projects implementation and enhancements
- Collaborates with stakeholders to gather requirements for new JIRA projects and enhancements
- Provides ideas for using JIRA more efficiently to meet business needs
- Provides formal and informal training to new JIRA users
- Identifies, tests and provides recommendations for using new plugins to meet project requirements
- Collaborates with other JIRA team members for creating solutions for new requirements.
- Created JIRA Work flows for multiple projects as per business needs.
- Created JIRA projects, templates, workflows, screens, fields and other administrative activities
- Installed and managed plug-ins for JIRA and Confluence in production environment.
- Worked on JIRA customization - Issue Schemes, Workflow Schemes, Field Configuration Schemes, Screen Schemes, Permission Schemes, Notification Schemes
- Users Administration and Handling Licenses Performed JIRA configuration
- Experience in GIT, JIRA, and Jenkins. Responsible for creating the project space in confluence
- Installed JIRA Behavior plugin, which simply defines how field behaves with the issue in the project plan, implement, document, and administer configuration management across multiple projects.
- Set up and configured Git repositories for Git Hub on Linux server/windows desktop and used Git commands to initialize/update repositories
JIRA ADMINISTRATOR/ATLASSIAN TOOLS ADMINISTRATOR
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Responsible for administration, maintenance, upgrades and enhancements to JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and integrations with other tools or plugins.
- Administration of Atlassian toolset and DevOps related Integration Tools (Teamcity, Bitbucket)
- Administration of Atlassian Add-ons and 3rd party integrations, plugins, and extensions
- Vet the security of those add-ons and integrations, etc.
- Gather requirements for business processes, and determine ways to optimize/improve JIRA/Confluence build and configure complex workflows and screen, field, security, and notification schemes
- Develop metrics dashboards and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports
- Implement Atlassian Tools upgrades, and partner with other IT staff to coordinate infrastructure maintenance and system migrations.
- JIRA Agile (formerly Greenhopper), installed plugins for Confluence, experience maintaining custom Java custom reporting in JIRA
- Develop & maintain custom JIRA workflows based upon business requirements
- Created custom permission schemes, notification schemes, screens, and similar configuration changes on a project by project basis.
- Provided User Management and support for 1000+ local and remote users, manage system access across groups to ensure compliance, and maintain best practices.
- Created and manage security schemes, permission schemes and configurations
- Interface with development groups within organization as the IT liaison for Development Cycles/Software.
- Collaborated effectively with other technical teams to exploit new technologies to enhance the applications and service infrastructure - determine ways to improve the JIRA/Confluence
- Train, guide, and assist end-users in use of JIRA/Confluence
- Worked with Atlassian support and PS when needed to fix, maintain, improve
- Managed change control, including appropriate rollback plans, for our Atlassian suite.
Technical Environment: JIRA 7.1, Jira, HPQTP, Service desk, Bitbucket, Stash 3.3, Crowd 2.x, Confluence 3.0.x, GIT, JQL, SQL Ant, Maven, PERL, portfolio, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Linux, VMware, Zephyr, Infrastructure 4/5.
Confidential - STERLING, VA
- Analyzed an existing JIRA installation, provide formal proposals for improvements, and implement changes to realize greater efficiency, productivity, and reliability in a fast-paced product development environment
- Developed advanced JIRA workflows and permission scheme, notification schemes, Screen scheme.
- Troubleshoot to resolve problems in an existing JIRA installation and implement all approved changes.
- Work with development and leads to review testing approaches and ensure solutions support enterprise goals
- Work with management, developers, quality engineers, and product managers to gather requirements and define workflow for a new project, then implement in JIRA.
- Install, configure and administer JIRA and Confluence and other development tools
- Responsible for user management, security, configuring fields and screens, configuring workflows.
- Work with software engineers, database administrators, quality assurance staff and project managers to ensure a coordinated approach to processes, procedures and use of technology/tools
- Configure dashboard and generate reports on various format including Pie Chart, Average Age Chart, Heat Map on statistical data including Resolution, Time Spend etc.
- Evaluate, Install, and configure various JIRA plug-ins systems based on the requirement.
- Create custom fields and configure to use it in different Field Configuration and Screen.
- Configured the system to be highly available and to have a proper backup strategy to minimize down time.
- Document procedures that meet, and to develop documentation to guide as well as train employees on continued administration and use of the JIRA system.
- Kept the executive team informed of project progress, issues, risks and status.
Technical Environment: JIRA, Confluence, WebLogic, AWS (Amazon web services), GIT, Linux, Jmeter, SVN, ANT, Maven, VMware, MYSQL.