- 7+ years of IT experience as Cloud Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Build & Release Engineer, Linux Administrator, Systems Engineer in SCM, Build/Release Management with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment/Delivery as an iterative process and Automation of infrastructure including end - to-end code configuration using different tools, and cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, OpenStack, and PCF.
- I am an AWS Certified Associate Solution Architect and Certified Associate Azure Administrator with experience in architecting applications and running them in the cloud and experience in network and security design for applications in the cloud.
- Knowledge on managing hosting plans for Azure Infrastructure, implementing & deploying workloads on Azure virtual machines (VMs), Design and implement VM storage & good understanding on Implementing images/disks.
- Hands-on Experience in Azure Development, worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Virtual Machines, Fabric Controller, Azure AD, Azure search and notification hub.
- Experience in Windows Azure Services like PaaS, IaaS and worked on storages like Blob (Page and Block). Well experienced in deployment & configuration management and Virtualization.
- Experience in migrating an On-premises Instances or Azure Classic Instances to Azure ARM Subscription with Azure Site Recovery and Open Virtualization Format (OVF) templates.
- Experience in creating shared VPC with different tags in a single GCP project and using the same in all the projects and Knowledge on Kubernetes service deployments in GCP.
- Experience on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) GCE instances, assigning IAM for projects, integrating different GCP tools Big Query, Storage SQL, TPU, GPU, Kubernetes cluster in GKE.
- Proficient in core AWS services (S3, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, VPC, Auto scaling etc.) and deployment services (Elastic Beanstalk, Ops Works and Cloud Formation) and security practices (IAM, Cloud Watch and Cloud trail).
- Experienced in setting up Amazon EC2 instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups, Data Pipeline and Lambda. Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Worked with Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- Proficient in Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Proficient with container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes.
- Expertise in integrating Docker containers infrastructure and Continuous Integration for building & deploying Docker containers and excelled on creating AMI (Amazon Machine Images) that utilizes ELB (Elastic Load Balancer) and Auto Scaling.
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks to deploy automated tasks to multiple servers, Managing Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances and written Ansible Scripts to assist Dev servers.
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles and used Ansible Tower to manage Multiple Nodes and Manage Inventory for different Environments.
- Hands on Experience with Chef configuring the chef-repo and setting up multiple Chef Workstations and wrote Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to automate the deployment process and integrated with Jenkins jobs for Continuous Delivery (CD) framework.
- Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, boot strapping various enterprise nodes, setting up keys, and various other concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Knife, Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Extensive knowledge on installing, configuring, and administering Jenkins CI tool in Linux machines and used Jenkins Pipeline to drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Proficient in building Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing code and administered/engineered Jenkins for managing weekly builds.
- Experienced in writing scripts using ANT, Maven build tools and POM files for generating java-based artifacts such as JAR, WAR and EAR from source code.
- Proficient in the installation and configuration of web servers like HTTP Web Server , Apache Web Server and other servers on Ubuntu , Red hat Linux , Fedora , CentOS and Amazon Linux instances .
- Expert in setting up SSH, SCP connectivity between Linux hosts and experienced in DNS, NIS, NFS, CIFS, FTP, SAMBA, LDAP, remote access and security management.
- Experience with Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems such as GIT, Subversion (SVN) on Linux and windows platform. Knowledge on setting up project Baselines, Branching, Merging, and Tagging source code in GIT.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and In-depth understanding of the principles.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile and SAFE methodologies.
Cloud Technologies: Azure, AWS, OpenStack, PCF
Operating Systems: Ubuntu, CentOS, Redhat Linux, Windows
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Azure VSTS
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Containerization: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, OpenShift
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, SVN
Scripting Languages: Python, Ruby, JSON, YAML, Power Shell, Terraform
Virtualization Technologies: VMWare ESX/ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Virtual box, Vagrant
Web Servers: Apache HTTP 3.x, Apache Tomcat, Nginx
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, Cloud Watch, ELK, App Dynamics
Repository Management: JFrog, Nexus, Artifactory
Bug Tracking Tools: Bugzilla, JIRA
IDE Tools: Eclipse IDE, Netbeans
Databases: MySQL, MS Access, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB), CosmosDB
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Worked Microsoft Azure, Azure Resource Management templates, Virtual Networks, Storage, Virtual Machines and Azure Active Directory.
- Handled deployment workflow including provisioning, load balancing, health monitoring and was also responsible for creating and maintaining the Resource Groups.
- Worked across the enterprise to coordinate and work with cross-functional team members for day-to-day activities.
- Provided support, assistance and guidance with post-migration related issues and be available as an escalation point for Azure related issues during project.
- Created and Managed Azure Virtual Machines and Virtual Machine Scale Set in Azure portal and setting up communication with the help of Endpoints and also setting up logs using Log Analytics Workspace.
- Implemented Azure Disk Encryption for Managed disks of the Virtual Machine and Storage Accounts using Azure portal and Azure CLI.
- Worked with Azure ExpressRoute to create private connections between Azure Datacenters and Infrastructure for on-premises and in colocation environment.
- Creating Storage Pools and stripping of Disks for Azure Virtual Machines, backup, configure and restore Azure Virtual Machine using Azure Site Recovery(ASR).
- Involved in the implementation of Akamai CDN for domain names which are configured to point towards webapp URLs and creation of Edge key and CName for the domain names.
- Involved in the implementation of SSL configuration and Certificate creation and attached them to the approved domain name for Tableau.
- Involved in implementation of Tableau-Okta handshake using the SSL configuration files generated in the Tableau server.
- Handled promotion of Azure Pipelines of Snowflake DB tables to higher environment in Azure VSTS Organization.
- Involved in the implementation of Azure Functions integration in the deployment of Snowflake in Azure VSTS Pipeline.
- Involved in the mplemention of Disaster recovery test for Microsoft Azure resource Storage Accounts using geo-replication with Read Access - Geo Redundant Storage(RA GRS).
- Worked on Azure Site Recovery(ASR) service in the implementation of Virtual Machine migration from one region to another and replication of data in the VMs to secondary region.
- Involved in creating Docker images and Docker containers to be deployed in Azure Kubernetes cluster setup, configuring pods and mounting persistent volumes.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev environments needs, and configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Terraform and Ansible for auto provisioning, code deployments, software installation and configuration updates.
- Involved in Setting up the build and deployment for Terraform scripts to, achieve automation, using Azure VSTS pipelines.
- Worked on GIthub management and merging to facilitate collaboration between development teams and configured webhooks for push events on Github to trigger a build automatically on Azure VSTS.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Created and Managed Virtual Machines in Windows Azure and setting up communication with the help of Endpoints. Configured Shared Access Signature (SAS) tokens and Storage Access Policies in Azure Cloud Infrastructure.
- Setup Azure Virtual Appliances (VMs) to meet security requirements as software-based appliance functions (firewall, WAN optimization and intrusion detections) and Implemented high availability with Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager deployment models.
- Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Provided consulting on Azure cloud architecture for training, assessments and internal projects running on MS Azure platform for high-availability of services, low operational costs.
- Involved in selecting the appropriate Azure service based on compute, data or security requirements and leveraging Azure SDKs to interact with Azure services from your application.
- Worked on various Azure services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles), AzureWebsites, Caching, SQL Azure, NoSQL, USQLS, Storage, Network services, Data Factory, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and PowerShell Automation.
- Created clusters in Google Cloud and manage the clusters using Kubernetes. Using Jenkins to deploy code to Google Cloud, create new namespaces, creating docker images and pushing them to container registry of Google Cloud.
- Configured GKE cluster orchestration with microservices application deployment in several nodes and pods, autoscaling, logging and monitoring. Google app service for the Java and python based microservice application deployment and updates.
- Created Kubernetes cluster with objects like Pods, Deployments, Services and ConfigMaps and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Helm packages.
- Developed Networking policies for Docker Containers. Worked on Open source development tools like Docker Containers and Kubernetes. Deployed Kubernetes cluster in production using Terraform scripts and Troubleshooted networking related issue.
- Involved in backup and recovery of WebSphere Configuration using backupConfig and restoreConfig tools.
- Tuned OS parameters like Swap and virtual Memory settings to improve the Jboss/WebLogic performance.
- Developed Continuous Deployment pipeline by integrating Jenkins with Terraform, Developed Modules in Terraform to trigger the Infrastructure on the Azure.
- Involved in development of test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Developed microservices on tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs using Jenkins pipeline and deployed the services on Kubernetes.
- Collaborated with development and Support teams to setup a Continuous Delivery environment with the use of Docker, continuous build and Delivery tools.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes and experienced with Docker container service.
- Worked on Ansible as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manage changes and written Ansible playbooks to perform middleware binary Installation and Configuration tasks involving JDK, Tomcat binaries installation
- Written playbooks to deploy services on cloud, applications and to wrote modules in Ansible for implementing automation of continuous deployment.
- Automated the tasks with Ansible Playbooks by using YAML functions and migrating the servers with the required configuration changes and testing and deploying the machines using Ansible Commands.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments. Set up Continuous Integration for major releases in Jenkins.
- Used Maven to build java-based web applications and integrated it with Nexus repository and installed Jenkins plugin in GIT Repository.
- Worked on Installation and configuration of Git, merging code from develop branch to master branch and make it ready for deployment.
- Assisted users of Nagios internally in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboard. Involved in installation, Configuration, and Managed Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Handled production incidents, queries, problems through remedy ticketing system and non-production issues/tasks/incidents through JIRA ticketing systems.
- Dealt with databases like SQL Server and Oracle Server and was involved in creating stored procedures, functions, triggers and complex queries.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Involved in building servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load Balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Responsible for maintaining highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple AWS EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, AWS Elastic Load Balance and AWS Amazon machine image (AMIs), DNS mapping with subdomain using Route 53.
- Designed roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) and implement Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) on externally available servers and on AWS Console, Monitoring and alerting leveraging Cloud Watch and Cloud Trail.
- Migrated in-house DB to AWS RDS and for High Availability clustering used read-replica data stream so that RDS automatically creates a primary DB instance and synchronously replicates the data to a standby instance in a different AZ.
- Knowledge in Implementation of horizontal auto-scaling use cases using OpenStack components - Heat, Ceilometer.
- Deployed Zabbix to monitor and alert the health of Nova, Neutron, Keystone and other OpenStack services.
- Designed Kubernetes cluster using AWS-Kops (EKS) and configuring and deploy the Kubernetes dashboard to access the cluster via its web-based user interface.
- Created Projects and services for load balancing and adding them to Routes to be accessible from outside in Kubernetes and creation of pods through new application and control the scaling of pods, troubleshooting pods through SSH and logs using Kubernetes.
- Worked on POC for Deploying the AWS infrastructure using TerraForm, CloudFormation. Created and configured Redshift Cluster for data-warehousing responsible for Security, included opening different ports on security groups and Network ACL.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terraform, packer Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in Open Shift, AWS and VPCs.
- Integrated container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Integrated Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with GIT and JIRA to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines.
- Worked with various components of Chef including Chef Server, workstations, Nodes, configurations of chef-client and written cookbooks and recipes for Chef and assigning roles to nodes.
- Developed multiple Chef Cookbooks from scratch and implemented automation with Vagrant, Chef on AWS for application testing, deployment, and development.
- Written Shell and Ruby Scripts to manage CI/CD pipeline tools supporting chef on rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, and Chef.
- Administered Jenkins continuous integration server installation and configuration to automate application packaging and deployments by integrating it with Git, Maven, Chef, JIRA and Email servers.
- Automated CI/CD with Jenkins, build-pipeline-plugin, Maven, GIT to set up Jenkins master/slave nodes and distribute builds on salve nodes.
- Managed Maven pom.xml files and scripts for repository management tools Artifactory and Nexus.
- Developed automated jobs to migrate SVN repos to multiple GitHub repos with history and created one-way bridge to update Git contents and Automated merges to remote repository.
- Involved in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Prod issues.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Worked on testing, evaluation and troubleshooting of MongoDB and Cassandra NoSQL database systems and cluster configurations to ensure high-availability in various crash scenarios.
- Managed deployment procedures using middleware like WebSphere by creating deploy scripts and setting for the Production Release.
- Administered RedHat Linux 4.x/5 servers for several functions including managing WebSphere Server, Mail Server, MySQL database and Firewalls in both development and production environments.
- Build and configured Redhat Linux Systems to set up Cron jobs for automating various build related jobs and application data synchronization jobs.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on LINUX environments using shell scripting.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket. Configured and managed AWS Glacier, to move old data to archives based on retention policy of databases/ applications.
- Involved in analysis, architecture Design and creation of AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Elastic compute cloud (EC2 instance), FTP server with Elastic IP, AWS Load Balancer, sending email and pager duty services when new instances launch using cloud watch.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Docker Containers, Docker Images for Web Servers and Applications servers such as Apache, Tomcat using Docker and integrated with Amazon MySQL RDS database.
- Used Docker to containerize custom web applications and deployed them on EC2 instances through SWARM Cluster and automated application deployment in cloud using Docker HUB, Docker Swarm, and Vagrant.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning.
- Installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the integration of automated build with deployment pipeline from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing code and administered/engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Builds and integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, SonarQube, Chef etc.
- Created Jenkins jobs for continuously building the projects. Scheduled jobs to build upon every check in into subversion. Wrote Groovy script in Jenkins jobs to do pre-and post-build operations.
- Involved in creating Jenkins CI pipelines and automate most of the pipeline build related tasks by deploying and validating the automated builds using pipeline groovy scripts.
- Maintained Jenkins continuous integration tool using shell/Perl and ruby scripts for automating releases to different environments.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts for auto deployment process and health monitoring of WebLogic servers and ran them as cron jobs.
- Configured JMS resources Queues, Topics, and JDBC connection pools and data sources for WebLogic/JBoss server instances.
- Assisted in using build and Automation tools like Maven for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & jar from source code.
- Worked on branching, tagging and maintaining the version control and source code management tool GIT on Linux and windows platforms.
- Created Log collection in ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) installed File Beat on all nodes in cluster to send log data to Logstash. Applied filters on log data before sending to Elastic Search.
- Deployed and configured JIRA, both hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
- Created the file systems using Redhat volume manager and performing the health check on regular basis for all Linux servers.
- Worked with a complex environment on Redhat Linux and Windows Servers while ensuring that these systems adhere to organizational standards and policies.