- Skilled and experienced Network Engineer looking for new challenges at a well - established and successful company.
- Possess the proven ability to work alone or within a team, along with a dedication to customer satisfaction, as is evident in the many professional commendations I have received.
- Consistent track record of driving technology projects to successful completion on time and within specifications.
- Experienced at leading and mentoring less senior personnel.
Network Protocols: Vast experience in EIGRP, VPN, DS1/DS3/SONET, LNP, Ethernet, LAN, WLAN, risk management, firewalls, DMZ and network security
Hardware: Cisco switches, routers and wireless access devices, Enterasys switches, Lucent 5E switches, related cabling and end point devices
Software: Windows 7, Cisco IOS, Enterasys IOS, Wireshark, Angry Scanner, Telnet, SSH, SS7, Word, Visio, Excel, Power Point, Media Player, MS Outlook, QuickBooks
Network Administrator/Systems Technician
Confidential, Fort Lee, VA
- All mission tasks completed successfully and within deadlines.
- Configuration, installation, maintenance and repair of CISCO routers, CISCO switches, CISCO WLAN wireless access points and Air Defense network security devices, along with associated hardware and cabling.
- In possession of all the following required skills: CVP, UCCE, CTIOS, DNS, DHCP,DWDM, VPN, EIGRP, OSPF, CISCO AIR DEFENSE NETWORKING, CISCO IOS, SSH NETWORKING, TCP/IP, OSI, LNP
- Strong understanding of Network Security, including firewall and DMZ implementation; web filtering, IDP and anti-virus; basic understanding of JUNIPER Junos and related SRX devices.
- Experience with installation, configuration, maintenance and repair of CISCO WLAN
- Small project leadership experience
- Able to accept constructive feedback via peer review, as well as provide the same feedback to other team members.
- Able to provide detailed reports for all projects, using such applications as Word, Visio, Excel, Power Point, Media Player, for use at all levels of review.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Installed fiber optic and electronic telecommunications equipment, including but not limited to TELLABS, SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA, JUNIPER and CISCO.
- Configured fiber optic and electronic telecommunications equipment, including but not limited to TELLABS, SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA, JUNIPER and CISCO.
- Installed equipment bays. Installed overhead steel framing associated with equipment installation. Installation of fiber optic and/or copper cabling associated with equipment installation. CAT 5/6, SC-SC, LC-LC, SC-LC, ST-ST, ST-SC, ST-LC
- Experienced as Team Leader/Project Manager
- Proficient in reading/understanding engineering circuit/structural drawings
- Proficient in optical fiber testing.
- Proficient in copper cable testing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Proficient in analytical and problem solving skills. Advanced ability to communicate at all levels within an Organization.
- Excellent working knowledge of Internet and PC-based applications.
- Highly developed interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Self-motivated and possessing excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Advanced ability to use deductive and inductive reasoning to work through daily challenges in the environment.
- Managed all day to day business related activities.
- Managed company employee relations.
- Directly supervised all work being done.
- Project planning and design experience, implementing strategic and tactical initiatives, and ensuring, through formal project management practices, that the final product meets the original project requirements.
- Ability to develop detailed plans and schedules with project tracking and oversight.
- Purchased, renovated and resold residential properties.
- Licensed Sunward/Rockford Steel Buildings Dealer.
- Directly supervised all sales and erection of commercial and industrial steel buildings.
Central Office Technician
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- As a Network Analyst/Network Administrator, expertly performed analysis using UNIX driven workstation.
- Interfaced with long distance carriers, CLECs and internal customers to analyze isolate and coordinate resolution of code and routing problems encountered in the telephone network; analysis which included configuration or reconfiguration of associated equipment, including routers, switches and firewalls.
- Interfaced with long distance carriers, CLECs and internal customers to provide LNP services.
- Analyzed on a regional level, machine detected interoffice irregularities and software problems at a call-processing level.
- Analyzed on a regional level, CCSN/SS7 messaging between tandem and end office switches through the use of AcceSS7.
- Isolated cause of defective trunks and dialing problems associated with PBX equipment.
- Designed and implemented an effective training program for use by co-workers of new UNIX based trunk analysis platform.
- Presented Verizon with written proposal for cost-saving improvements in the usage of established DATAKIT application.
- Presented Verizon with business case for cost-saving improvements in the usage of AcceSS7.
- Proficient in analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced ability to communicate at all levels within an Organization. Excellent working knowledge of Internet and PC-based applications.
- Highly developed interpersonal and customer service skills. Self-motivated and possessing excellent organizational and problem solving skills.