- Over 12 years of experience in IT consisting of hands on experience in Storage Area networks SAN , Operating system and Network administration.
- Over 7 years of experience in administration in SAN Integration, SAN Implementation, SAN/NAS Troubleshooting, Performance Analysis and Disaster Recovery.
- Hands on experience with EMC storage array configuration on Symmetrix VMAX, DMX-4 and Clariion CX 300/500/700, CX-3, CX-4 storage arrays.
- Experience with virtualization using VMware ESX 3.5 ESXi 4.0, 4.1, 5.0 5.1 servers vcenter server.
- Well experienced in implementing Virtual Provisioning for effective utilization of storage by the host on an as per needed basis, as a Storage Admin got hands on experience in storage allocation, mapping, masking, creating Metas and device group creations and SAN zoning.
- Experience performing data migrations using Power path Migration Enabler PPME with Host Copy and Open Replicator and also Extensive Experience on Open Replicator to migrate data from DMX to VMAX, Clariion to Vmax. Configured, Created, push and pull sessions to migrate devices.
- Hands on experience in data migration using Array based tools such as Open Replicator, SRDF, SAN Copy and Host based tool Open Migrator.
- Involved in the design the new VMAX for operations purpose. Designing and configuring Virtual Pools according to best practices. Implemented FAST VP on the new VMAX array and document best practices. Created FAST Virtual pools, TIERS and policies.
- Well experienced in implementing Virtual Provisioning for effective utilization of storage by the host on an as per needed basis.
- Very good knowledge and hands on experience in implementing TimeFinder operations like BCV/Clone, Snap view for EMC Symmetrix and Clariion using SnapView Clone/Snapshot to provide a copy of production for decision making, testing for the new upgrades, backups without disturbing the production .
- Good knowledge and hands on experience in implementing the Disaster Recovery solution using EMC RDF software, like SRDF/AR, SRDF/S and SRDF/A for DMX and Mirror View for Clariion.
- Knowledge experience on Recover Point based migration cutovers, RP Consistency Group setup, etc.
- Extensively worked with Brocade and Cisco SAN switches and creating zones for improving SAN security. Knowledge on using SAN health tools to gain accurate view of SAN environment.
- Implementation of Fully Automated Storage Tiering FAST for Virtual Pools FASTVP .
- Excellent experience in Solaris and knowledge of Microsoft, AIX, and Linux platforms as it relates to disk allocation, managing LUN's and HBA configuration.
- Experienced in performing storage systems checks, monitor and alert failures within external arrays and SAN fabric components in order to identify and rectify potential hardware failures. Familiar with SAN screen and EMC Control Center.
- Experienced in System Administration that includes Solaris, HP-UX, IBM AIX and Windows NT/2008/2003 server versions
- Very good at preparing the documents and share the knowledge within the group to make the environment run smooth. Excellent team building, project implementation, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
High End Disk Systems:
Symmetrix V-MAX, DMX-4, DMX-3, DMX-2, Sym8830/8730, VNX 5300, 5700, VG2, VG8, CLARiiON CX500, CX600, CX700, CX3 series, CX4-series.
- Brocade DCX, DCX-4S, 48k/24K,4900,4100
- MDS Cisco 9513/9509/9506,9140,9120, 9222i
ECC 5.x/6.x, SYMCLI 7.0, SMC 7.x, EMC Access Logix, Unisphere for V-Max and VNX, Navisphere Manager, NAVISECCLI, BrocadeCLI, WebTools, CiscoCLI, DCFM, Fabric/Device Manager, PowerPath, TimeFinder Mirror/Clone/Snap, Replication Manager, SRDF, Open Replicator, SnapView Clone/Snapshot, SanCopy, MirrorView, Open Migrator.
AIX 5.2/5.3, Solaris 8/9/10, Redhat ES3/ES4 Linux, HP 11/11i and Windows 2k/2k3/2k8, VMware ESX Server 3.x.
IBM P series / SUN SunFire / HP9000 series, Qlogic and Emulex HBAs.
AIX/HP/Linux Logical Volume Manager, SUN Volume Manger and VERITAS Volume Manager
Sr. SAN Administrator
- Implement and Administer SAN /storage environment on CX/VNX/VMAX/DMX Implementing FAST and FASTVP on VMAX and VNX
- SAN Administration of a complex multi peta byte storage environment consists of EMC Symmetrix VMAX/DMX4 , clarion ,VNX and VNX2 storage arrays including file system configuration in AIX, Solaris, ESXI and Linux servers/clusters.
- Storage allocation to new build and existing UNIX, Windows servers/clusters and VMWare ESX environment using auto provisioning on V-max using SYMCLI/SMC. Tasks include creation of tdevs, binding tdevs to thin pools, creation of initiator/storage/port groups and creating masking view and enabling bit settings to initiators.
- Configuration and management of VNX arrays using Unisphere Manager. Assigned storage to unix and windows servers and configuration of NFS exports and CIFS shares using Unisphere manager
- Implemented SRDF/A on V-Max/DMX for disaster recovery setup between local and remote datacenters
- Created scripts for daily tasks device creation, mapping, masking and migration tasks.
- Migrated Unix and windows servers using Open replicator and SRDF array based and Open Migrator/LVM Mirroring Host based to migrate the data from DMX-3/DMX-4 to V-Max storage systems
- Decommissioned SAN storage from DMX -4, DMX 3000 and Clariion CX4-240 for Windows/UNIX/ESXI hosts using Unisphere/SYMCLI
- Non-disruptively Migrated LUNs from one RAID group to another to overcome the performance issues with I/Os in SAN environment.
- Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving routine issues like one-path-down, hosts not seeing storage, HBA failures, and zoning/masking/storage allocation and performance issues.
- Experience on Veritas volume manager in making configuration changes on the extending the disk group and extending the file system and volumes.
- Implementation of FAST-VP in VMAX 20k and FAST in VNX and Clariion arrays running with FLARE 30 and also configuring Fast Cache on VNX ,VNX2 and CX4.
- Implemented, designed FAST for Virtual Pools FASTVP to automate the allocation and relocation of application data across different performance tiers based on the changes in application performance requirements. Created FAST Policies, TIERS, associated storage groups with different policies and monitored performance using SPA.
- Used SPA to investigate and analyze performance issues on VMAX.
- Involved in migration of data from DMX to VMAX and encapsulation of data from VMAX to the new
- Configured and allocated storage for VMware hosts from VMAX including configuration of port flag settings for FA ports.
- Implemented and Configured Business Continuity Solutions using Time finder Clone for Symmetrix VMAX.
- Configured zoning on Brocade director class switches using Brocade Connectrix Manager.
Sr. SAN Administrator
- Perform daily provisioning configuration changes using SYMCLI SMC, Allocate storage to specific servers/applications mostly comprising of UNIX, VMware ESX and Wintel machines.
- Implementing VMAX, DMX, Virtual provisioning, SMC, agent monitoring, reporting, Open replicator and SRDF.
- Extensive experience in performing storage administration tasks including Mapping, Masking, Virtual Provisioning, Auto provisioning V-MAX , Virtual LUN migration V-MAX on EMC VMAX using
- Sound technical knowledge of SAN switches directors and routers from Brocade, McData Cisco.
- Plan implement SAN fabric switch upgrades, migrations, Cisco MDS, fabric manager.
- Implemented Virtual Provisioning from VMAX array to hosts by creating Data devices, thin devices, Thin Pool, binding Thin devices to Pool and masking the Thin devices to the host, using SMC 7.0. SYMCLI.Created Meta devices, mapped and masked devices to servers using SYMCLI and SMC
- Implemented SRDF for selected high performance Tier 1 applications from VMAX to VMAX including creation of dynamic RA groups, dynamic RDF pairs and device groups.
- Involved in choosing best practices for storage systems like implementing data protection type of logical volumes.
- Configured Zoning on Cisco switches through Device Manager and Fabric Manager.
- Administration of Cisco UCS 5100 chassis/B200 M2, B230 M2, B440 M2 and HP Blades C7000 environment. Very good knowledge in troubleshooting.
- Configured the 6120 fabric interconnects. Managed Core-Edge Cisco MDS 9513 fabric using Fabric Manager. Responsibilities involved, managing port allocations, zoning, unzoning, replacing failed hardware like SFPs and cables, troubleshooting link issues and monitoring health of the fabric.
- Managed Core-Edge Cisco MDS 9513 fabric using Fabric Manager. Responsibilities involved, managing port allocations, zoning, unzoning, replacing failed hardware like SFPs and cables, troubleshooting link issues and monitoring health of the fabric.
- Created the initial service profile templates and associated pools and policies for the server blades
- Created the automation using Symantec's Altiris Deployment Solution to script the installation of the OS with the new hardware
- Worked extensively with our network engineering team as well as Cisco engineers to test network and UCS related failures
- Installed and administrated VMware ESXi environments.
- Experience in Virtualization with VMware vSphere, ESXi 5.1/ESXi 5.0/ESXi4.1 an ESX 3.X servers, Vcenter server 5.0 and Vcenter Converter.
- Involved in configuring VNX groups.
- Administered San copy replication to remote sites.
- Administered and maintained EMC VNX 5300, VNX 5500, VNX 5700, and Symmetrix DMX 3.
- Implemented Virtual Provisioning from VMAX array to hosts by creating Data devices, thin devices, Thin Pool, binding Thin devices to Pool and masking the Thin devices to the host, using SMC
- Implemented SAN with CLARiiON CXSeries, created Raid Groups and Storage groups, assigned LUNs to Hosts using Navisphere manager, ECC and NaviCLI.
- Monitoring troubleshooting hardware software issues.
- Designing and Implementation of SAN NAS Storage solutions in WINDOWS UNIX Environments.
- Installed and configured the Navisphere Agent/CLI on UNIX and Windows Servers.
- Create SAN Copy Sessions using Navisphere Manager to perform migration.
- Configured snap view Snapshots and Snap view Clones on CLARiiON CX Series Sub-Systems.
- Performed configuration changes with SYMCLI.
- Involved in choosing best practices for storage systems like implementing data protection type of logical volumes.
- Installed, configured tested SAN copy to migrate data from CLARiiON to VNX.
- Implemented and managed switches with vendor based GUI.
- Data growth analysis and storage resource forecasting also comes under my responsibilities.
- Virtual Provisioning from VMAX array to hosts by creating Data devices, thin devices, Thin Pool, binding Thin devices to Pool and masking the Thin devices to the host, using SMC 7.0.
- Implementation of VMware vSphere 4.1 with Enterprise plus Features of V Distributed Switch and Host Profiles.
- Upgrade Experience from VMware Infrastructure 3.0, 3.5 to vSphere 4.1 including vCenter4.0 , ESX Hosts, Update manager VUM , vSphere client, and Virtual machines tools and H/W upgrade to vSphere 4.0 Ver. 7
- Experience in Administering HP C7000 Blades and Chassis.
- Installation of ESX 4 Nodes, VCenter 4, Update manager, and Administering VM's across 2 Datacenters.
- Developed PowerShell scripts to help the team with day to day processes. Also be able to cross train and help the team understand how these scripts work.
- Implementation of SRM 4.0 on vSphere across multiple sites to provide Disaster recovery solution for VMware vSphere Environment, vSphere linked Mode and replicated storage, Configuring Sites Roles and Privileges, Alarms for monitoring the Site Status.
- Failback Testing from Protected Site to Recovery Site in SRM and Shared Recovery Site across multiple Protected Sites
- Mass upgrade of virtual Linux/Windows guest hardware using Power CLI scripts.
- Deployed VMware View 4.5 and ThinApp 4.5 in the virtual desktop environment
- Implementation of different Host Profiles for Multiple Clusters across Multiple Data centers
- Experience of Storage Migration on 1000 VM's Fiber channel Upgrade from EMC DMX-3 to DMX-4
- Building, installing, supporting and Administration of Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 R2.
- Involved in the Storage provisioning from EMC CLARiiON CX 600/700 storage Arrays with Fibre channel drives for production, using EMC Navisphere manager.
- Provisioning of storage by Creating LUNs and Meta LUNs on CLARiiON as per the requirement. Managed and monitored SAN environment with EMC CLARiiON storage array AX 150/100.
- Worked on a CLARiiON AX150 and AX100 -based data migration project in SAN environment for Solaris, HP-AIX and Win2003.
- Allocating storage as requested and decommissioned the unused storage in order to improve the availability of the resources.
- Handled performance issues with I/Os by non-disruptively migrating LUNs from one RAID group to another.
- Handling issues related to HBA failures through EMC Navisphere manager.
- Dealt with the situations like one-path-failure, trespassed LUNs, failure in the objects also upgraded the FLARE CODE version.
- User administration by controlling the system processes, patch and packages administration along with Tape backup and restore for file systems in SAN space.
- Involved in installation and configuration of Windows operating system, diagnosed technical issues involving Windows 2000, NT, Macintosh, MS Office applications and hardware related issues for troubleshooting and ensuring proper network connectivity and better system performance.
- Technical assistance and involvement in the development research projects by implementing acceptance-testing procedures.
- Maintenance of hardware's and software's manufactured for a wide variety of applications.
- Analyzed existing infrastructure and proposed feasible system/ software upgrades with potential incompatibilities identified.
- Configured the e-mail servers to make the electronic mail capabilities of the server operational at peak performance at all times.
- Oversee the network connectivity, implementation, and integration and troubleshooting for printers, scanners and Laser Jet format plotters.
- Assessment of the requirements and proposed the purchase of new network equipment's that included
- switched, routers, servers, workstations and backup equipment.
- Supervised the Tier II DSL tech support group. Monitored the staff's performance to ensure company customer service standards are achieved.
- Generated monthly reports to cover individual statistics which included attendance, technical and statistical information.
- Monitor Flex Grow data , Fractional, Full T1, T3, DS1, DS3 circuits. Responsibilities included but not limited: Using remote Tools Tested and Looped customer's circuit upto their SmartJack, DMARC and to their CSU/DSU.
- Remotely configured customer's CISCO, NETOPIA, and ADTRAN Routers, switches and hubs. Help setup their Routing tables, set NATTING for their traffics, setup security Firewalls within their Routers.
- Help setup their internal and External Gateway and setup their CISCO PIX, NETGEAR LINKSYS Firewalls. Help setup Internal LAN/DHCP networks. Setup Statview remote sessions for customer to log-in and check their Bandwidth usage.
- Checked customer's circuits for their utilizations and made suggestions to reduce or upgrade the Bandwidth. Checked network traffic errors, chronicle issues with their circuits using Tools: Round Robin Database RRD Statistics, Trace Routes, pings etc. Using Remedy Ticketing System opened trouble ticket and handoff to NOC group to contact with Local Exchange Carrier, updated and follow-up with tech/NOC/customers respectively.
- Daily platform test calls to ensure the status of voice qualities for IP Exchange, BroadBand Talk, Broadband Voice, 21C Voice, Global Voice
- VoIP network configuration
- Monitor email inboxes for fault reception that required customer follow up and/or creation of various tickets such as: Bridge Clarify, NFM-TH, Cares, PEW, Activity Logging System, Expedio/ remedy IM
- Initial fault diagnosis and call testing in IPX and PSTN for customer reported issues
- Daily server test call setup for planned works PEWs and SIPNICS 999 Circuit Testing
- Assist SIP Techs with call test during planned works.Working on Planned Engineering Work PEW .
- Prepare daily Active Logging System Lassie Tasks and handover for UK/Adhara Team.
- Working on SBC: CISCO and ALCATEL switches, configured and changes to the configurations on CISCO.
- Configure and performed trouble shooting on Fast Ethernet within VLANs.
- Identifying and troubleshooting customer's issues using Call traces applications: Tektronix and Wireshark.
- Worked and maintained Linux server for test call accounts and used Linux interface to login to boxes in GENBAND Server
- Working in fast-paced 24/7 environment.