A senior IT System Administrator with knowledge in healthcare and financial services industry. Solid experience on design, manage and maintain Windows Active Directory Group Policy, OU and logon scripts Firm grip of networking architecture concept in TCP/IP, DNS, LPR/LDP, SMTP, LDAP, VPN and Firewall. Hands-on with virtualizations products such as VMware and Citrix. Practical hardware skillsets in IBM System x, HP ProLiant, Dell PowerEdge servers, and Intel based computers.
System Engineer/programmer Analyst
- Led the team to a successful Windows AD migration of Windows 2003 to 2012. Completed the implementation of Citrix XanApp6.5 for healthcare applications virtualization deployed applications virtualization through XenApp, such as Eclipsys, PACS and T-System Engineering remote access solution for off-site users via Citrix Netscaler, provided secured VPN connectivity and increased productivity.
- Analyze the health of system software, hardware, network connectivity and provide technical solutions. Interact with cross-functional teams including developers, venders, support team and infrastructure engineers for system solutions research and engineering. Plan and implement systems software and hardware upgrade.
- Domain Admin for enterprise domains. Manage and support Active Directory Domain Services manage domain wide OUs, container hierarchy structure and security. Administrate GPO and logon scripts. Review services reports and respond to related alerts and escalations.
- Setup windows server 2003, 2008 and 2012, configuration, performance optimizing and maintenance. Install and configure Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 clustering, perform database backups and housekeeping maintenance.
- Automate procedure for Wyse thin-clients rollout, coding scripts for custom software distribution and generate system monitoring reports.
- Leading role in Citrix administration, deploy and maintain application virtualization for the institution.
- Maintain and support VMware vCenter 5.1, deploy server virtualization and optimize performance in VM hosts and guest machines across the environment.
- Handle software deployment and security patches for servers and workstations. Responsible for system backups, restores and data recovery thru TSM, Avamar and Data Domain.
- Document technical support for installation and troubleshooting procedures. Provide support to helpdesk in area of Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Provide back-fill cover to other members of the team who will be engaged in project work.
Senior Technology Analyst/ System Administrator Investment Banking Division
- Hands-on system administration experience in Investment Banking environment oversaw a group of 30 support analysts addressed computer issues and ensured that the computer system meets the requirements and objectives of the organization researched and developed tactical system solutions meeting users' demands carried out
- technology improvement projects. Collaborated with technology teams in a successful system migration from the Capital Market system 500 plus users to the native Investment Banking platform.
- Managed and supported Windows Active Directory network infrastructure for Investment Banking domain. Act as system infrastructure point of contact for addressing day-to-day activities and priorities. This included administration of users, groups, securities and end-point devices as well as OU specific and group policy management.
- Preformed Windows server setup, WAN, LAN management, OS roll out, applications package, software deployments, system patches, user data and accounts provisioning.
- Supervised system support and maintenance for remote offices in the America regions, tasks including software deployment and hardware upgrades/decommissioning.
- Provided Market Data applications support played major role in organization-wide Market Data global rollout, upgrade of Reuters and Bloomberg applications in bi-monthly basis.
- Converted and demised legacy applications to reduce operating cost and increase productivity. Contributed in setup and testing of contingency plan for system disaster recovery.
- Participated in VMware server virtualization initiative for Investment Banking division.
Trading System Support Trading and Sales Division
- Level-2 Trading system support, duties involved desk side support, users interfacing on Equities and Fixed Income trading floors, day-to-day Windows system administration, system health maintenance, problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Carried out Windows XP pilot testing and rollout, executed deployment plan for Microsoft Office 2003 upgrades for the Trading and Sales division.
- Supported and maintained SecDB proprietary trading system, responsibilities covered data delivery, system performance diagnosis and turning.
- Administered and supported Secure Zone Citrix environment for Capital Market department. Worked in conjunction with the Advisory Technologists team to implement Check Point VPN access, maintained Exchange servers and secured data in the Advisory environment.
- Analyzed and troubleshot applications rebuilt Windows servers, workstations, laptops and upgraded hardware.
- Pilot-test new PDA devices such as Blackberries and Palm OS devices. Consummated deployment of Blackberry devices to the firm's high profile executive and partners.
- Decommissioned legacy OS2 and Novell system for the Currency and Commodity division.
Senior Technical Analyst
- Provided technical support in a high volume graphics production environment with over 800 users, coordinated support activities for two departments American Metal Market and Electronic News , responsible for system integration and training projects.
- Implemented Windows NT and MS Exchange5.0 upgrade for America division. Performed Windows NT and Novell3.x server/client setup, configured network connectivity, deployed software application, and diagnosed PC and Macintosh computers systemic problems.
- Contributed in Y2K rationalization projects, conducted software testing and debugging, patch installations and hardware upgrades.
MS Windows Server 2008/2012, Exchange Server 2003, SQL Server 2005/8, PowerShell, VMware vSphere 4.1, Citrix Presentation Server 4.5, Citrix Netscaler10 and BMC Configuration Management.