- 9 years of extensive experience in Windows Systems and Virtualization. Design Implementation and troubleshooting of mission critical IT systems assignments. Deploy, upgrade and manage systems, including virtual infrastructure, hardware, software, networks, databases, servers and peripheral equipment.
- Worked on Microsoft Azure (Cloud computing) to deploy and manage IAAS infrastructure
- Extensive experience in Windows Server 2016/2012/2008/2003/2000 servers at single or multi domain platforms.
- Experience in Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, File & Print Server, IIS (Web Server), IIS 6.0/7.0/7.5/8.0/8.5 , FTP, Terminal Server, RIS, WSUS, Microsoft Clustering, Exchange Mail Server and ISA Server.
- Experience on Microsoft Azure in deploying and managing Windows OS Virtual Machines
- Experience in configuring high availability on Virtual Machines created in Azure.
- Experience in Project Management, Deployment, Administration, Installation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting various Microsoft Operating Systems and Application, Networks and Computers.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies like Installing, Configuring and administering VMware ESX/ESXi and created, managed VMs and involved in the maintenance of the virtual server.
- Expertise in building Microsoft Windows 2016, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003 servers using HP Smart Start, Array configurations, diagnosing server, Updating Firmware
- Application Software under multi - platform environments, deployment & monitoring physical Servers.
- Experience in managing multiple Windows systems with Microsoft SCCM 2007 providing patch management, remote control, software distribution and OS deployment.
- Worked on vCenter Server 4.1, 5.1, 5.5, 6.0 and 6.5 for managing multiple ESXi Servers.
- Build and troubleshooting experience with ESX and ESXi Servers, vSphere and vCenter manager.
- Worked extensively on Templates and clones.
- Implemented and managed HA, DRS clusters.
- Experience in Change Management and ITIL processes.
- Expertise in the area of Virtualization with vSphere 6.x/5.x/4.x, VMware ESXi 6.0,5, 4 and 3.x
- Involved in upgrading ESX 5.1 to ESXi 6.0.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in data center Migration.
- P2V, V2P, V2V conversions using VMware Converter Enterprise and PlateSpin.
- Strong understanding of VMware Networking concepts like creation of vSwitches, different types of port groups, NIC Teaming and VLAN.
- Managing VMware ESX 4.X, 5.x, 6.x Virtual Center and vMotion, storage vMotion.
- Knowledge on iSCSI SAN, NAS, NetApp storage and RAID concept.
- Extensive understanding on networking concepts, (IE Configuration of networks, TCP/IP, VPN, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WAN, Ethernet Port, Patch Panel virtual networking, wireless networks & Cloud computing concepts)
- Experience with x86/x64 Intel, HP & Dell hardware like rack-mounted servers, tower servers, desktop, laptop and other peripherals.
- Responsible production support of AD, GPO, GPP, Domain users, Users and groups and given appropriate permissions, shares and privilege to access LAN and Domain environment.
- Administrating, creating and modifying DNS records, DHCP scope, reservation, DFS link, Web servers including record/scope creation, troubleshooting WINS, DNS and managing user, group accounts.
- Experience with Data Center/Server Farm environment like Servers deployment, Cabling & labeling, Environmental Sensing Devices and UPS monitoring.
- Knowledge in EMC Clarion SAN Storage, HP EVA 8400 and NAS storage.
- ESX Architecture, guest OS installation, setting up of VM priorities, Cloning, Templates and snapshots.
- Experience in Migration from Exchange Server 2007 to 2010.
- Developed PowerShell scripts to automate various tasks in Exchange 2010.
- Developed Windows PowerShell script to automate setting of user credentials and activation of Windows.
VMware: VSphere, VMware View 4.5/5.0, VMware ESX 3.x/4.x/5.x/6.x, Virtual center server 4.1/5.1/5.5/6.0 VMware converter enterprise, VMware Update Manager, HA, DRS, DPM, vMotion and Storage vMotion, VMware ESXI server, SRM
Operating System: Windows Server 2003/2008R2/2012/2016, WINTEL servers, Windows XP/Vista/7, VM Ware ESX/ESXi server, Citrix Xen Server, Hyper-V. Serves OS/Hardware Cisco UCS Blades, HP Blade Enclosure C7000 and HP Storage ProLiant Blades BL Series extender 2000, EMC NS480.
Protocols: TCP/IP, WINS, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, HTTP/S, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, LDAP, NNTP, RDP, Citrix ICA.
Backup Tools: Software and ADMT, MS Baseline Security Analyzer, Symantec Backup exec, TSM
Applications: MS Visio, McAfee EPO, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Trend Micro Office Scan 8.0, Acronis, Symantec Imaging /Ghost, Dell OpManager, VM backup tools/Scripts and Veeam tools.
Remote Tools: RDP, RADMIN, VNC, LogMeIn, Dameware, PCAnywhere, Team Viewer, ILO
Email: SMTP, IMAP, Gmail Postini Console, Spam and virus filtering
Storage Technologies: ISCSI SAN, FC SAN, NAS, EMC (clarion, DMX, CX4, VNX, VMAX), NetApp.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Sr. Systems Administrator
- Provides general oversight for all environment activities in the platform including Security Vulnerability Remediation, Capacity Management, Performance Management and Tools installation from a scheduling and operational perspective.
- Upgrades all our servers (2008, 2012 and 2016) to latest version of Java JDK and JRE, SQL Native Client, 7zip, Adobe Reader.
- Involved in the registry changes as required for TLS across 6000 servers.
- Worked on various vulnerabilities including CIFS, DDE, Http Options, Pop and IMAP.
- Create change tickets in Remedy/ SNOW with all the plans elaborately for across FIS environment and implement once it was approved in CAB.
- We used Lansweeper and BigFix efficiently for scheduling all our deployments.
- We used Patch Manager plus for all our Automated Patch Deployments.
- Ensures project environments are established, maintained and supported per established guidelines and standards
- Monitors change activities across both FIS and Client as it relates to the overall solution environment to identify cross project or downstream impacts and communicates risks and impacts to both the operational and project communities.
- Assists with development and updating of documentation regarding Vulnerability, Capacity Management standards and processes.
- Co-ordinates and consults with Application and Infrastructure Groups for any Environment related activities including Patching, Vulnerability remediation changes, Capacity / Performance Management changes and Tools installation.
- Reviews processes, procedures and capabilities to proactively identify and manage operational improvement opportunities
- Accountable to the FIS Platform and Delivery Managers for Environment Related Deliverables and Status
- Created a PowerShell script for all vulnerabilities which will update to latest version on all at one shot.
- Provide updates for Environment Change Schedule on a weekly basis
- Responsible for working with other FIS technical groups and client to ensure overall vulnerabilities are well managed and stay compliant to our organization standards
- Assist with FIS hosted environment issues and resolution (i.e. performance, memory, disk)
- Works with all other project leads to support the implementation of the total solution on time and within budget while escalating risks appropriately.
- Works with Platform managers, Project Teams and Solution Architects to provide a more strategic view of Environment Topology, Capacity including both project and production environments.
- Engages on high severity issues as needed to help coordinate resolution. Provides executive updates on critical production issues.
- Provides general oversight for capacity planning efforts and reports monthly status as it relates to growth projections and maintains the technology upgrade and refresh schedule to accommodate on-going growth.
Environment: Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, ADDS, Big Fix, VMware ESXi 6.0/5.1/5.0, Lansweeper 7.x, Patch Manager 10.0.197, DELL Blade servers, DNS, DHCP, SAN.
Confidential, New York, NY
IT Staff Engineer
- Take operational ownership of the New Jersey data center infrastructure and its associated components and services (Wintel servers, Citrix, Linux, Storage, backups, etc.)
- Support Microsoft Windows server technologies (Server 2008/2012/2016 ) Operating Systems in large-scale corporate environments with experience in Server Engineering & Administration. Demonstrate, analyze, test, implement and manage Windows-based technologies. Have experience in recent release of Windows OS family and many of VMware, vSphere, Exchange, DNS and Active Directory platforms.
- Responsible for the installing, configuring, maintenance and support of server operating systems (MS Windows & Linux), virtual server environments, software packages, and underlying network systems company wide.
- Build, configure and Implement Windows/Linux technologies along with managing, optimizing and supporting. Also provide Monitoring, planning for growth and capacity of the environment.
- Will manage the servers (including: O.S Installing, monitoring, troubleshooting, virus-protection, patch deployment, resources observation and hardware/software upgrades)
- Perform preventative maintenance including backups, patches, and vulnerability remediation on all information Technology systems as required. Enhance Security practices, standards and procedures to ensure that critical company assets, including data are secured.
- Responsible for installing DELL EMC unity storage boxes and managing the SAN/NAS devices in Data Center.
- Monitor performance of Windows servers and server applications identify root-cause and resolve issues. Work with vendors in getting the cases submitted, working together on the issue, troubleshoot & RCA.
- Produce, maintains and update technical documentation. Establish and document all required Wintel-related standards and procedures required to maintain an effective corporate computing environment.
- Efficiently implementing next generation Cloud-based solutions within the guidelines of the overall architecture and take operational activities in AWS or Azure.
- Provide support for developers and development efforts related to Windows, IIS and Application Wrappers as well as other web-based platforms.
Environment: Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003, ADDS, VMware ESXi 6.0/5.1/5.0, vSphere 6.0,5.5,5.0, Cisco UCS blade servers, HP ProLiant DL and Blade Servers, DELL Blade servers, DNS, DHCP, SAN.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Worked extensively on DELL VRTX Power Edge M630.
- Configured the DELL VRTX as per Ardent standards.
- Extensively involved in Server upgrade for all our Mill sites.
- Installing, Managing, Supporting Windows 2012/2008/2003 Servers and VMware ESXI servers 6.0, 5.5
- Build Virtual Machines in Azure using Microsoft Azure Portal
- Configured Storage account and always-on availability on Azure Virtual Machines
- Managed identity on Azure to provide access to various application teams in the organization.
- Visiting all of our sites and replacing Old Infrastructure with new setup.
- Configured and verified VM Failover and Application Failover for all our servers.
- Installed patches through SCCM and Manually.
- Worked extensively with our Network Team for configuring vLAN id, Port groups, Switches.
- Configured and Promoted RODC for all our sites.
- Configured and assigned the static IP’s for all our new servers as per standards.
- Installed Splunk Universal Forwarder and Monitoring tool on all our servers.
- Extensively worked on installing Ransomware related patches on all our Azure and Mill servers.
- Worked extensively on deploying vm’s from the Template.
- Worked on installing, Managing, Configuring vSphere client 6.0
- Troubleshooting the user issues and extensively worked on Cloud plus ticketing tool.
- Involved into design of 2 server model for our next phase.
- Implemented backup solution for the infrastructure
Environment: Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2003, Microsoft Azure, Active Directory, VMware ESXi 6.0, 5.5 vSphere 6.0, DELL Power Edge M620 VRTX, DNS, DHCP and Dell Hardware.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Involved in Managing, Installing, and Supporting Windows 2012/2008/2003 Servers and VMware ESXi Servers 6.0, 5.5, 5.1, 5.0.
- Implementing Disaster Recovery in Windows 2012/2008 Domains.
- Expertise in remote control, patch management, software distribution, operating system deployment, network access protection, and hardware and software inventory using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Maintained Web by installing IIS 8, FTP Sites and creating Virtual Directories in IIS.
- Major Data Center Refresh, Greenfield Data Center Build- Design/Migration to new Active Directory , Exchange , and SQL environment .
- Installing and Managing ESXi servers on HP, DELL, Cisco hardware’s and installation of vCenter Server, vCenter Components and upgrading VMware Tools.
- Migration of ESXi host and Vm's across datacenters.
- Upgrading from vSphere 4.1 to vSphere 5.0.
- Performed troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP, IIS and Active directory.
- Building ESXi 5.5/5.0 Hosts and maintain those ESXi servers through vSphere Client.
- Taking care of capacity planning for new clusters, ESXi and VM storage issues.
- Configured HA, DRS clusters, FT for required VM's.
- Configured syslog server and dump collector.
- Creating and managing resource pools and adding the VM's into the pools.
- Used tools such as VMware Converter, PlateSpin PowerConvert, and Veeam FastSCP to work on ESXi Environment for the P2V conversions.
- Implementation of Active Directory infrastructure and Network fundamentals, protocols (such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS), Group Policy and Profile Management.
- Created Snapshots according to user's requests and requirement.
- Administered SSL certification deployments and PKI Infrastructure.
- Capacity planning using Capacity planner and VMware guided consolidation for gathering the physical machines CPU and Memory usage metrics.
- P2V Hot conversions using converter enterprise 3, 4 and 5.
- P2V cold conversion using VMware Converter Boot CD.
- Presenting FC SAN LUN's, RDM's iSCSI LUN's and NFS mounts.
- Created vSwitches and different ports groups for different purposes.
- Taking care of NIC teaming at ESXi server level for redundancy.
- Updating and upgrading ESXi servers using vCenter update manager.
- Performing tasks such as vMotion and Storage vMotion.
- Maintained records for event, audit and application logs and Event Logs.
Environment: Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2003, Active Directory, VMware ESXi 6.0/5.1/5.0, vSphere 4.1, 5.0, 5.5 HP ProLiant DL and Blade Servers, DNS, DHCP, Cisco UCS blade servers.