- Over 6+ years of IT experience as System Administrator, DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer and Production Support of various applications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu and skilled with Windows Server on various hardware platforms and AWS cloud.
- Responsible for OpenStack project core infrastructure including code review, continuous integration systems, and developer tools.
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto - Scaling, AMI, IAM, VPC, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Lambda Functions, Cloud Formation, Python/Boto, AWS CLI and Console.
- Configured Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), created required security groups, network ACLs and firewall rules, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) to manage users, groups, roles and policies.
- In depth Knowledge of AWS cloud service like Compute, Network, Storage and Identity & access management. Hands-on Experience in configuration of Network architecture on AWS with VPC, Subnets, Internet gateway, NAT, Route table.
- Hands-on experience in writing Ansible Playbook Roles, inventory files from the scratch and sharing the roles on Ansible Galaxy, role management, reviewed the Playbook language features and creating Reusable Playbooks.
- Experience in working on source control tools like SVN and GIT. Strong knowledge on SCM concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Expertise in migration and upgradation of WebLogic/Tomcat/WebSphere Server and updating JDK versions, applying patches and installing service packs for WebLogic/tomcat server.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, volumes, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Creation of Pods through new application and control the scaling of pods, troubleshooting pods through ssh and logs, writing/modification of BuildConfig’s, templates, Image streams etc.
- Expertise in writing Shell scripts using Bash, and python for connecting to databases, applications, backup and scheduling. And expert in setting up SSH, SCP, SFTP connectivity between Linux hosts.
- Experienced in DNS, NFS, CIFS, FTP, NIS, Samba Server, Tomcat & Apache servers, LDAP, remote access, security management, and system troubleshooting skills.
- Expert knowledge of Cloud Computing Strategies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Proficient in configuring Kickstart servers to initiate installation of Red hat Linux on several machines at once.
- Experience in Storage, Disk Management, Logical Volume Management (LVM) and logical partitioning and maintaining file systems and creating NFS.
- Expert on Monitoring and Log Analysis with CloudTrail to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB Services, EBS volumes and configure Alarms.
- Monitoring the server’s performances, network, cpu, memory, health checks using Nagios, Splunk.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows.
- Assist with design of core scripts to automate Splunk maintenance and alerting tasks. Support on UNIX, Linux and Windows-based platforms. Assist with automation of processes and procedures.
Operating Systems: RHEL/Centos, Ubuntu/Debian.
Version Control Tools: GIT, CodeCommit.
Languages: Shell, Ruby, Python.
Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB.
Application Servers: Web logic, Web sphere, Tomcat.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins.
Automation Tools: Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform.
Containers: ECS, EKS, Dockers, Kubernetes.
Cloud computing: AWS
AWS CLOUD ENGINEER
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure. Proficient in AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, AutoScalingGroups(ASG), EBS, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, CloudTrail.
- Creating multiple VPC's and public, private subnets as per requirement and distributing them as groups into various availability zones of the VPC.
- Hands on experience CI/CD pipelines, strong background in Build and Release Management and Cloud Implementation all within that suites the needs of an environment under DevOps Culture.
- Creating NAT gateways and instances to allow communication from the private instances.
- Using security groups, network ACL's, internet gateways and route tables to ensure secure zone for organization in AWS public cloud.
- Creating and configuring Elastic Load Balancers and Auto Scaling groups to distribute the traffic and to have cost efficient, fault tolerant and highly available environment.
- Creating S3 buckets in AWS environment to store files, sometimes which are required to serve static content for a web application.
- Configuring S3 buckets with various life cycle policies to archive infrequently accessed data to storage classes based on requirement.
- Using IAM for creating roles, users, groups and also implementing MFA to provide additional security to AWS account and its resources.
- Writing cloud formation templates in JSON to create custom VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications.
- Automated and Installed various relational databases PostgreSQL, MySQL clusters by developing Ansible Playbooks on-premise environments.
- Implementing domain name service (DNS) through Route 53 to have highly available and scalable applications.
- Experienced in creating RDS instances to serve data through servers for responding to requests.
- Creating snapshots to take backups of the volumes and also images to store launch configurations of EC2 instances.
- Created an EKS Cluster with images in ECR.
- Writing Dockerfiles and managing with Kubernetes.
AWS DEVOPS ENGINEER
- Hands-on experience in writing Ansible Playbook Roles, inventory files from the scratch and sharing the roles on Ansible Galaxy, role management, creating Reusable Playbooks.
- Involved in Migration of Middleware Applications from Data Centers. This activity involved co-ordination between different Infrastructure teams Like Site Services, Load Balancing teams.
- Extensively worked on an Ansible, maintained a fully immutable server architecture and design that includes updating and patching servers and spin up an exact new server’s replica that contains the upgrades and security patches as per the current environment and proceed with taking care of the updated packages will not break or cause service disruption.
- Implemented a Continuous delivery framework using Jenkins, Ansible, Maven and Oracle in Linux Environment.
- Experience in Installing, configuring and maintaining DNS systems using BIND, Route53 (AWS)
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault - tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs and Glacier for QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers.
- Created scripts for backup and restoring GITHUB repositories. Implemented Microservices architecture to convert monolithic heavy application into smaller applications.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Team city for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Work with third party application, hosting and CDN providers to integrate data feeds to a centralized Splunk platform. Managed SPLUNK user accounts (create, delete, modify, etc.).
- Implemented new JIRA workflows for the QA teams and worked on Splitting JIRA server's configuration. And technical competencies in third party product integration into JIRA 7.2.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates and expertise in architecting secure VPC Solutions in AWS with the help of Network ACLs, Security groups and public and private network configurations.
- Working on AWS Auto Scaling for providing high availability of applications and EC2 instances based on the load of applications by using Cloud Watch in AWS.
- Virtualized servers using Docker for test environments and dev-environments needs, configured automation using Docker containers and implemented several Tomcat Instances using Docker engine for running several Containerized Application Servers.
- Worked on installing Docker, creating images using a Docker file. Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes. Experienced in building and maintaining Docker and Vagrant infrastructure in agile environment.
- Involved in the migration and implementation of multiple application from on premise to cloud using AWS services like SMS, DMS, CloudFormation, S3, Route53, Glacier, EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, Lambda and VPC.
- As a DevOps Engineer I’m responsible for design, build, monitor and enhance services across all environments.
- Installation and Configuration of networks, router configuration and wireless access point/router with security, TCP/IP, VPN, Content Filtering, Access Control Lists on router/switches, VLANs (port mapping, naming etc.), and routing IP address in both LAN/WAN and wireless networks.)
- Provide best practices and policies of Software Configuration Management and implement accordingly to fill the gaps in current release process.
- Developed and Implemented an automated Linux infrastructure using Chef.
- Implemented &maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion in Linux environments.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects like Check-in, Checkouts, import, export, branching, tagging, and conflict resolution.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Jenkins CI Automation.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR and WAR.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Ant and Maven in Linux environment.
- Worked on installing and managing different automation and monitoring tools like Nagios and Splunk.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like Dev, Test, QA, and Productions Environments.
- Handled Quality Centre tickets for SCM support activities and workflow tool.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.