- Around 7 Years of experience as a System administrator in the areas of Linux, Windows and VMware Environment.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies in installing, configuring and administering VMware ESX/ESXi & Hyper - v 2008/2012R2.
- Worked on various Data Center Migration involving Storage Migrations and replications and VM replications.
- Performed system administration activities, security policies and monitored system performance both at software and hardware levels.
- Hands on experience in updating ESX servers, virtual center servers and VMware ESX/ESXi hosts using VMware update manager and manual upgrades for patching.
- Experience in EMC SAN LUN creation, LUN masking, Raw Disk Mapping and Storage pools.
- NetApp 7-mode to C-mode data migrations.
- Creating StorageVirtualMachines, Data LIFS’s, Volume efficiency, Snapshot and export policies.
- Working with various Netapp SnapMirror, SnapVault, and Performance Manager, Oncommand System manager, Oncommand Unified Manager, Workflow Automation (WFA), ProtectionManager and Auto Support
- Implemented and managed HA and DRS clusters along with resource pools and worked on VMware FT for critical VM’s. Creating, Installing, configuring and maintaining the Virtual Machines, installing Guest Operating Systems like Windows, Linux .
- Experience with enterprise backup systems and disaster recovery Operations, familiarity with SAN technologies, solid understanding of vSphere 4 implementation with shared storage fiber channel ISCSI, NFS/VMFS strategies for performance and optimization.
- Working experience on configuring Cisco Nexus switches N5K, N6k, N7k, N9K.
- Working experience on configuring Cisco MDS core switches, Cisco CNA cards.
- Working experience Cisco Unified Computing System Management (UCSM).
- Working experience on Cisco Blade servers, B200m2, B200m3 And Rack servers C22M3, C24M3, C220M3, C240M4, etc.
- Extensively worked on vMotion, Storage vMotion, VMware Mirage and VMware Patch management and upgrades using VMware update manager.
- Experience in deploying View and ThinApp 4.6/4.7 Environment and configuring VMware standard vSwitch & dvSwitch.
- Experience with the VMware HA, FT, DRS using VMware site recovery manager (SRM).
- Excellent skills in patching and hardening 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012R2 servers using Windows Update and also by using the staged patches using WSUS and SCCM.
- Expert knowledge on configuring hardware ISCSI SAN, FC SAN, NFS and NAS storage to VMware ESXi hosts from vSphere client.
- Experience in Writing/ Maintaining & troubleshooting scripts written both in MS Power Shell, Power CLI and/or VB script for build & operations environment to develop/test/implement automation tools.
- Strong experience with the VMware (High Availability) HA, Fault Tolerance, Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS ) and VMware Distributed Power Management (DPM ).
- Experience in ESX Architecture, guest O/S installation, setting up of VM priorities, Cloning, Creating Templates & Snapshots.
- Extensive experience with Active Directory, Domain Name System, Windows Internet Naming Service, and Microsoft Exchange.
Virtualization: vSphere 6.0/5.5/5.0/4.1/4.0 , ESXi 5.5/5.1/5.0, ESX 4.1/4.0, Hyper-V 2008/2012R2, SCVMM, Virtual Center Server, VMware View, VMware VCenter Orchestrator, Site Recovery Manager, VMware ThinApp, Mirage, vRealize Operations, vRealize Automation.
Server Operating System & Database: Windows 2012R2, 2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2003, 2000, Win 7, XP, 2k, Vista, RHEL6/7/8, Cent OS. Oracle 9i,10g MySQL.
Data Storage & Networking Skills: SAN, NAS, DAS, RAID & TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, NIS, LDAP, SMTP, Load Balancing, High AvailabilityWindows Services/Tools: DHCP, DNS servers, Exchange 2013/2010, Hyper-V, WSUS server, SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, SCVMM, IIS 6, IIS 7, DHCP, TCP/IP,
Management Tools: HP Onboard Administrator, HP Virtual Connect Manager, HP Service Manager, Putty, Veaam Backup.
Confidential - Basking Ridge, NJ
- Built, Installed and tested Linux and VMware servers based on requirements from Design and Architecture or established standards.
- Deployed several VMs from Templates and customized their configurations as needed.
- Used VMware vMotion to eliminate application downtime from planned server maintenance by migrating running virtual machines between hosts.
- Achieved, created and migrated mailboxes using PowerShell on Exchange 2010 in a cluster environment.
- Tracking code bugs and resolves software issues related to networking connectivity, servers and application to business needs.
- Performed RPM and YUM package installation, patch and another server management.
- Installing and configuring Apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Managing system routine backup, Scheduling Jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning and testing.
- Configured VMs HA, DRS, FT settings and also configured permissions, Roles in VMware virtual center.
- Converted physical server to virtual servers using VMware Vcenter converter standalone tool and migrated those servers.
- Schedules and perform VMware Installation, patching and upgrades and maintain them accordance with established clients SLA and procedures.
- Managed Over 50+ VMware servers 2003, 2008 R2 & 2012 with Vsphere client 6.x.
- Used vRealize Operations to create dashboards for Businesses and ran capacity management reports.
- Configured NetBackup client through planning was done for downtime, knowing each server usage and their placement in datacenter.
- Design, Installation and configuration of new vSphere 5 ESXi servers for the P2V candidates on UCS Cisco C240 M3 rack servers.
- Managing Compaq Blade servers, HP, DL-380, IBM X series (rack servers).
- Strong Experience with VMware High Availability, Fault Tolerance Distributed resource scheduler and Distributed power management.
- Created and managed VMs and also involved in the maintenance of the virtual machines.
- Hands on Updating/upgrading ESX server, virtual center servers and VMware ESX/ESXi hosts using VMware update manager and manual upgrades for patching.
- Configure EMULEX/QLOGIC mezzanine HBA on BL460c to boot from SAN to run Red Hat Linux or ESXi as the primary operating system.
- Design and Implementation of migration strategy for consolidating data centers from around the world to centralized location the US which involves numerous servers of various Linux servers.
- Automate ESXi host configuration across large number of hosts and cluster.
- Linked different vCenter servers using linked mode to have a single instance of vSphere client to manage whole virtual environment.
- Created port groups tagged with different vLans and assigning to each individual VM.
Confidential - Fremont, CA
- Managing Linux servers like updating Kernels, deploying security patches and package management.
- Built and Maintained VMware infrastructure with Windows server, across Test and Demo Environment.
- Administration of Apache web server for space management and review performance management.
- Troubleshooting in virtualization, SAN configuration, Active Directory group policy design & implementation and ESXi Distributed Vswitch network configuration.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining services such as Apache, DNS, NFS and samba.
- Diagnose complex customer application issues and provide quick and accurate solutions within a collaborative environment.
- Installed Linux Operating systems, apply patches, manage file systems and monitor performance.
- Knowledge of VMware SRM, vRealize Operations manager, configuration and update manager, Log Insight.
- Deploy VMware security/bug fixes to ESXi hosts and MS security patches to Windows servers including service packs and perform any other planned maintenance activities on an established cycle.
- Expertise in managing virtual Linux servers running on VMware ESX 4/5.
- Worked with clones and snapshots of virtual machines on VMware 5.x.
- Involved extensively in virtualizing and managing them using VMware and Vcenter vSphere.
- Perform backup and restore veritas net backups, restored files for end-users when necessary.
- Experienced in recovering OS from VM snapshots and working on maintenance mode through VM console.
- Expertise in various suites of products involving cloud products like Vcops, Vrops, VMware horizon view automation tolls including VMware vRealize datacenter.
- Using Power CLI and PowerShell scripts to manage VMs/Hosts and providing detailed reports for ESXi hosts, VMs and Windows servers.
- Migration of production server 2008R2 Hyper-V cluster to server2012 R2 Hyper-V cluster.
- Troubleshooting network, memory, CPU, swap and file system issues, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, SMTP in Linux and Solaris servers.
- Creation of SAN file system on Red Hat Linux using multipath configuration.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Jboss, WebLogic, Tomcat and WebSphere.
- Experience in Packaging, VB Script and SCCM Deploying both Windows & Linux platforms.
- Configured virtual environments for VMware HA, Vmotion, NIC teaming, Host profiles and Distributed resource Scheduler (DRS).
- Generated reports with health analyzer for continuous monitoring of virtual environment availability through Vcops/Vrops.
- Expertise in writing shell scripting for automation of various tasks.
- Experience in developing capacity planning reports with various System Metrics such as CPU, RAM, SAN local file system usage for predicting future capacity needs.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Tomcat web application servers.
- Designing firewall rules for new servers to enable communication with application, Oracle 10g servers.
- Setup Linux servers for LAMP Implementation and readiness.
- Created File system from local storage as well as NFS partitions for application portability.
- Performed automated installations of Operating system using Jumpstart for Solaris and Kickstart for Linux.
- Experience in installation and support of server adapters HBA (Host Based adapter) and network cards.
- Participating in cross-functional team meeting and furnishing the quality technical services to internal and external customers.
Confidential - Philadelphia, PA
- Implement, configure, manage & support Windows based infrastructure in hosting environment.
- Creating Users and assigning privileges to them and also managing Users & their password.
- Managing VMware infrastructure environment with ESXi servers, and virtual machines.
- Security hardening and monitoring of VM’s & ESXi servers (CPU, Memory, Disk, Network Utilization) for security Compliance.
- Responsible for server deployments, which includes application installations, operating system updates and security patches.
- Build, Configure and deploy VMs and templates.
- Involved in physical-to-virtual(P2V), virtual-to-virtual(V2V) migration of windows 2008/2012 servers using VMware Vcenter converter.
- Handling Desktop Management including home directory, profiles, and folder redirection.
- Creating Standard switches, Distributed switches & Implemented VLANs in virtual environment.
- Migrating the virtual machines from one host to another host by using Vmotion technique.
- Worked on VMware clustering like HA, FT, and DRS clusters using virtual center.
- Experience with data center consolidation and virtualization activities on EMC Vblock and Cisco UCS based hardware environment.
- Provided planning, installing, configuring and upgrading support for Vrealize and Vmware ESXi.
- Designed and implemented Oracle database backup/recovery scheme and setup security and storage management strategies.
- Worked on SCCM and WSUS for windows OS deployment and patch management.
- Installed and configured VMware site recovery manager (SRM) on multiple sites and created disaster recovery plans.
- Deployed Release Candidate of Lync when first available in preparation for eventual migration from OCS, later deploying the official release utilizing all features within Lync.
- Used VMware Vmotion to eliminate application downtime from planned server maintenance by migrating running virtual machines between hosts.
- Worked on the installation of NMI drivers on HP blade ESXi servers to eliminate PSoD.
- Troubleshooting user account lockouts using AD lockout tool and Microsoft Operations manager.
- Managed user accounts using Active Directory 2003/2008 to create new domain accounts provide controlled access to existing network shares as well as creating new ones using hyena.
- Worked as a member of the project as well as the steady state operation teams.
- Responsible for Installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Linux and CentOS systems.
- Create and configure LVM based EXT3 and OCFS2 based cluster file systems on SAN LUNS utilizing multipath to assist redundant path detection and increase I/O stability.
- Write and Deploy bash/Perl scripts using crontab to perform daily backups, audit collections and push new changes out to manage and maintain consistency across red hat Enterprise Linux servers.
- Configure Linux multipath and Linux device mapper to configure multipath LUNs from EMC/Netapp.
- Performed and handled extensive P2V, V2V migrations for approximately 200 physical Windows 2000/2003 and 2008/2008R2 servers utilizing VMware Converter.
- Excellent understanding on ESX Architecture, guest OS installation , setting up of VM priorities, Cloning and Snapshots , Virtual Network, ESX Server, ESXi Server & Virtual Machines, Templates from VMs and deploying VMs from Templates.
- Implemented, configured and deployed new patches , upgrades, bug fixes on both physical and virtual Red Hat Linux servers using satellite server and YUM server.
- Configured vMotion and Storage vMotion as per VMWARE’s best practices in large-scale enterprise environment.
- Design, Installation and configuration of new vSphere ESXI server on HP DL series and UCS cisco C240 M2blade server for the datacenter builds.
- Responsible for Oracle 10g database replication and from site to site to maximize uptime and also an integral part of the backup and recovery.
- Deployed various Linux virtual builds using a combination of VMware Templates and PowerCli.
- Implementing and utilizing network monitoring tools such as BMC patrol for the Oracle Enterprise Linux Environment and HP OVSD/solar winds suite for physical and virtual environments.
- Performed backup and restored Virtual Machine with snapshot, and also involved in ESXi Host Patching.
- Configured HA and DRS, SDRS as per VMware best practices and applied on ESXi Cluster and Storage Cluster.
- Create and maintain ACL’s to allow only specific LAN computers to use squid, as well as utilizing access.log to test squid proxy.
- Provided level 1, 2, 3 support for physical Linux servers running on HP ProLiant BL460’s and Linux Virtual servers running on VMware ESXi.
- Maintain and deploy web farm servers designed to run on Apache and configured to load any custom modules.
- Managed VMware infrastructure comprising of 60 ESXi hosts with RHEL, CentOS and Windows OS virtual machines.
- Migrated existing physical server to virtual m/c with P2V tool using hot clone method.
- Worked with partners during change control activities to ensure smooth migrations and Implementations, including performing change task.
Windows System Administrator
- Installed Windows 2003/2008/2008 R2 in the created virtual machines and also installed the required roles, software, tools deployment, troubleshooting and automation.
- Working Knowledge of writing SQL queries, administer Microsoft Windows Server (Active Directory), Microsoft workstations, sharing folders, planning and assigning NTFS permissions, system policies and network security devices for users.
- Implementation of Active Directory infrastructure and network fundamentals, protocols such as (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS) group policy and profile management.
- Configured and provided services of SRM for disaster recovery management.
- Strong knowledge in creating various objects like User Accounts, Computer Accounts, and Auto logon accounts, assigning folder permission to the users by gathering approval from group Owners.
- Performed Hardware and software maintenance of windows server environment, including VMware ESX/ESXI hosts, clusters, servers and virtual machines.
- Configured Print and File Servers and allowed access to users using Group Policies. configure the remote access server for the remote client.
- Troubleshoot the DNS servers by using tools like nslookup, event logging, debug logging.
- Monitor server hardware, performance, and up time and respond to outages promptly.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via ticketing system.
- Train end users on software and various other applications and hardware.
- Document server builds, server outages, and backup failures.
- Sub-netting and assigning IP addresses for the devices Configured LANs, VLANs.