- An expert and specialist certified in IP Telephony,and Associate Certified (Avaya ACA) in Modular Messaging, I have extensive experience installing, configuring, optimizing and monitoring the S8x00 Communications Servers, the Gx50 Gateways and its related Circuit packs, adjuncts.
- Proficient in CM 6.x: Systems Platforms, Session Manager, Systems Manager Installation and configuration, working as a Liaison between Vendors during Equipment/Software upgrades and migrations.
- Experienced in Communication Manager CM 3.1/5.2 (Aura) - my last upgrade to the Confidential PBXs covering the Delaware Area Call Centers.
- Worked extensively with Call Center Managers working with CMS doing agents assignments to Splits/Skills and retrieval of Call Center Statistics in CMS.
- Extensive experience managing IP, DCP, Analog and presently SIP Stations, managing a team of Technicians during project assignments.
- Previously as a Computer Network Specialist in various job roles, I have managed Cisco Routers and Switches; putting end-user desktops into Networks, troubleshooting all network-related Voice Quality and end-user problems with excellent working knowledge Routing protocols - RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Frame Relay, ISDN.
- I am actively pursuing Cisco and Security certifications and willing to obtain and retain any required certification as a condition of employment within six months of employment offer.
- I have no problems working nights, weekends and holidays and always willing to learn new and evolving technologies.
Sr. Telecommunication Analyst
- Performed over-all Health Systems assessment of existing Voice and Video Network infrastructure of the Confidential in Washington DC.
- Lead a staff of two in scheduling belated updates and upgrades to existing Voice and Video servers and associated operating systems and endpoints..
- Made out Request for Proposals (RFP) for implementation of proposed upgrades to Voice and Video equipment.
- Helped in the acceptance and analysis of Vendor bids on all submitted request for proposals (RFPs)
- Using Microsoft Visio 2010, designed a proposed “Quality Assurance Collaboration Test Environment” laboratory Voice Network and made out a work-order for assisting Vendor implementation on all needed equipment and software. The proposed Quality Assurance collaboration test environment laboratory is scheduled to use Avaya Agile Communication Environment (Avaya ACE) and Microsoft Lync 2010 - using Avaya Confidential as the Call Controller.
- Produced and Updated Voice and Video Network map of the Confidential with Microsoft Visio 2010.
- Organized Vendor proposals for equipment needed for the ‘Quality Assurance Collaboration Test environment laboratory’ and produced budgetary numbers needed for the approval of the proposed laboratory.
- Staged a test (Windows 2008) environment Server for testing firmware updates to Voice and Video endpoints of the Confidential before migrating new firmware to production network.
- Assisted the implementation of Contingency Voice and Video network system located in Virginia: with emphasis on redundancy, resiliency and recoverability of services in the event of any disaster Confidential the Washington DC office location of the Confidential .
- Assisted with the project scheduling, management and testing of ongoing migration to Microsoft Lync 2010 from IBM Lotus Notes using Microsoft Project 2010.
- Directly responsible for the Implementation of Quality Assurance Collaboration Test environment laboratory early next year 2013 on approved budget.
- Responsible for daily support of end-users on all troubled ticket and reported incident issues on desktops, voicemail during and after hours.
Environment: Gx50,G700, ESS, Avaya Gateways, S8xxx Media Server, LSP, Call Recorder, Avaya eCAS Call Accounting. Modular Messaging 5.2,Tandberg Video endpoints, Avaya IP 9641G, 4621SW and 2420 deskphones. Cisco 3700 series switches.
- Installed and configured Avaya S8800/G450 Survivable Core server in Philadelphia on Duplex S8800/G450 Core Server in Atlanta and New York.
- Provisioned an S8300D/G450 gateway as Remote Survivable server Confidential Disaster Recovery site of the Philadelphia Federal Reserve Bank.
- Worked with Confidential & Confidential and Level-3 Networks to provision and Test T1 Trunks for the named Servers Confidential both the Philadelphia Federal Reserve location and the Lawrenceville Disaster Recovery site.
- Helped setup 96XX Stations templates for end-user setup.
Environment: Aura CM 6.x Main Duplex G450/S8800 CM Enterprise with Duplex Survivable G450/S8800 Core.
Sr. Network Engineer-Voice Engineer
- Managed Project Installation & support of "Avaya" solutions. (e.g. daily administration, MAC Requests, Trouble-Ticket resolution for end-user Analog, DCP and IP Phones.
- Managing voice communication projects - CM, MM upgrades and Provisioning Circuits and Trunks to scale up existing Call Routing and Messaging Capacity.
- Installing / supporting voice communication systems and architectures (e.g. Confidential, Voice Mail, Audio / Video Conferencing, etc). Serving as a liaison between clients, IT support staff and third-party vendors to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Managing wide area network routing issues and organizing Vendor (Avaya, Verizon, Sprint, Servion) meet when necessary to resolve call routing issues.
- Managing out-of-hour assignments working with Vendors in equipment patching, upgrades and updates.
- Willing, able and ready to take on any assignments as designated by superiors and trouble ticket assignments through the Remedy System on the job.
Environment: Gx50, MCC, ESS Avaya Gateways, S8xxx Media Server LSP, ESS, Mercom Voice Recording, Avaya IVR (Natural Language), Avaya CMS R13.x, Intuity Audix, Modular Messaging 5.2, Communications Manager (CM) 3.x/4.x/5.x, Avaya ASA 4.x, VAL Manager, Remedy, eCAS Call Accounting.
Senior Telecommunications Engineer
- Installed, Configured and managed S87XX Servers, GX50 Gateways, Modular Messaging subscribers.
- Administered and supported CMS Agent add, modifications.
- Configured and upgraded Circuit Packs, Installed and configured CM 3.X/4.X/5.X
- Developed contact routing solutions; VDNs, Vectors, Scripting, based on change management requests.
- Documented each solution with pre-determined back-out plan.
- Implemented corrections - Configuration changes, Stopping processes, Applying Code fixes to Routing
- Solutions: -Narrowed problems by root cause analysis with potential for impacting normal Routing flow of contacts for Business areas across the enterprise.
- Recommended systems Configuration Changes to enhance reliability and performance.
- Recommended new technologies for improvement to Call Centers (or Corporate wide function).
- Planned and executed software and hardware changes, updates and upgrades.
- Managed and corresponded with Vendors on problems, fixes and status updates.
- Planned, implemented and managed Disaster Recovery.
- Developed systems documentation for implemented procedures.
Environment: Gx50,G700, MCC, ESS, Avaya Gateways, S8xxx Media Server, LSP, Nice Call Recorder, Aspect Dialer, Avaya Predictive Dialer, eCAS Call Accounting. Avaya IVR
Regional Solutions Engineer
- Installed/configured Multi-vendor and Avaya S83XX//S85XX/S87XX servers, IP Office, G250, G350, G650, and G700, Avaya Gateways, Extreme, Cisco and Juniper switches; S3x00 Servers, Avaya Site Administration, Provision, VAL Manager, Contact Center, Modular Messaging, Intuity Audix, Servers, Multi-Site Networking, Q-Sig Integration, CAS, FXO/FXS, E&M, Call Center Programming (CMS, BCMS, Vectoring), and Third-Party Application Integration, ARS Routing, Uniform Dial-Plan, DS1 and ISDN programming-VoIP, SIP, MGCP, RTP, RTCP, H.323, IPSec, T1/T3, ISDN, CSU/DSU, PolyCom Audio/Video conferencing.
- Troubleshot/repaired equipment malfunctions. Conducted SPARK trials installations for Sales team.
- Managed potential or desired follow-up services (sales) or problem escalation.
- Acted as company consultant in cross-disciplines and viewed as a consultant by customer.
- Provided solutions to diverse range of complex problems.
- Took ownership of escalations/troubled tickets to resolutions.
- Provided Avaya Control Network Design and maintenance guidance.
- Provided post sales, onsite & remote technical support of software, systems, sub-systems and/or applications for Avaya customers.
- Provided centralized systems operational support, administration, installation of Gx50 gateways, S8x00 media Servers, S3x00 Modular Messaging Server and maintained telecommunications networks on existing customer and prospective Avaya clients’ environment.
- Installed, relocated, tested and maintained lines and equipment of diverse telecommunications systems/networks in support of a multi-client, multi-vendor communication (Cisco, Extreme, and Juniper) system software/hardware environment. (e.g. token rings, routers, hubs, bridges, network management system, operating system, middleware, and network management applications).
- Participated in the conduct of site studies for central and remote locations. Provided basic help desk support for the client areas.
- Participated with vendors and common carriers during problem analysis/resolution as required.
- Prepared and maintained standard operating procedures for the network, technical specifications and documents, drawings, system documentation including and operating manuals.
- Assisted in the evaluation of vendor proposals and the benefits of changes in hardware, communications protocols, switching methods, access methods and tariffs, and in the procurement of software and equipment. Worked with limited guidance on projects within defined criteria.
- Provided solutions to a diverse range of moderately complex problems.
- Provided remote post-sales support of hardware systems, sub-systems and/or applications for customers or field personnel utilizing telephone and remote diagnostic capabilities.
- Supported end-user installations, configurations, upgrades and migrations through problem isolation, verification, resolution and documentation.
- Supported 3rd party products and occasional on-site support. Worked with limited guidance on projects within defined criteria.
Computer Network Specialist
- Administered and maintained all client system, Windows 2000/2003 Server/Active Directory network infrastructures; ensured smooth and resilient infrastructure operations.
- Provided third level technical support to all groups within Information Technology.
- Created, modified and implemented client system standards across all platform environments, including application support standards and computer policy standards.
- Approved and maintained all client hardware and software standards; managed and maintained all client solutions, including patch management, software management and security management; and provided support and guidance to Help Desk.
- Managed, maintained and supported server environments, including product configuration documentation; provided third level technical support for network systems; and lead planning and implemented initiatives affecting systems and infrastructure.
- Interacted with vendors, suppliers, and other department members; planned and implemented changes to supported application environments; managed and maintained all software licensing and service contracts; facilitated swift resolution of issues.
- Provided External / Internal Help Desk support.
- Performed maintenance for existing network infrastructure. Tested existing beta applications.
- Provided Internal User Support; managed Tape Backup rotation Using VERITAS NetBackup.
- Maintained Software Licensing & Inventory Tracking Data.
- Coordinated & Managed Partner & Vendor Contact Lists and Sheets. Maintained & tested newest software & hardware drivers, patches, and updates.
- Supported Resource Computers & Conference Room Equipment. Added / Removed User Access from the network. Packaged & Deployed Software Applications.
Campus Network Support
- Provided support for Windows 2000/2003 Server/Novell 5.X Data Center Environment. Designed or re-designed campus network schema.
- Installed, Configured, Monitored and troubleshoot LAN/WAN networks Cisco 2500, 3550, 3560 series switches, 2600, 2800, 1800, 831 series routers. Completed server, desktop, router and firewall troubleshooting, maintained software through upgrades and patches.
- Monitored backups, networks and Internet traffic. Liaison between client management and end users.
- Configured and maintained the Campus network management (Peregrine) system, maintained the campus wide network security systems such as intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, and firewalls, and provide equipment/circuit health status as needed.
- Assisted in campus wide server/network on-call issue resolution.
- Assisted in developing documentation and maintained a database of training materials, network diagrams, configurations, circuits, and equipment inventory.
- Performed network capacity planning and performance analyses in order to size the network properly.
- Traveled night and weekends for work necessary on other hospital campuses within Delaware.
- Provided on-the-spot recommendations for fixes to bring the LAN/WAN production components back on-line quickly and efficiently.
- Performed upgrades to LAN/WAN; Circuit bumps, moves, terminations; Fluking Structured Cabling, patching.
- Participated in 24/7 support with availability in the event of any escalations.
- Determined appropriate standard testing routines or scripts; tested various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, hubs or optical equipment, or multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, private branch exchanges ( Confidential ), voice mail, and call management system, etc. for maintenance.
- Provided support for Banyan 7.11/Novell 4.XX/Windows 98/NT4.0 Server Environment/ExcelCare/Cronos software.
- Installed and maintained network facilities, including hardware, software, networks of the DHSS hospital system.
- Installed network applications on network servers or voice (Dragon Systems IVR) equipment; maintained, tested researched and resolved problems.
- Evaluated Agency problems, identified and specified the application and/or systems requirements, evaluated vendor packages vis-à-vis needs, implemented required software or hardware.
- Participated in the evaluation of new end user computing packages and equipment, implemented and tested prototypes, applied installation quality assurance tests, assured consistency with standards.
- Assisted and helped train lower level specialists, nurse practioners, registered nurses and nursing aids. Worked with limited guidance on projects within defined criteria.
- Provided solutions to a diverse range of moderately complex problems.
- Provided technical support for internal and/or external DHSS agency stakeholders.
- Provided technical leadership for problem escalation and resolution.