- Over all 6 years of extensive experience in Automating, configuring and deploying instances on cloud environment. Experience in the areas of DevOps, CI/CD Pipeline, Build and release management, AWS and Linux/Windows Administration .
- Configured and administrated AWS like (Elastic Cloud Computing)EC2instances, EBS volumes, snapshots, AMI's, Security Groups, elastic IP's, Key pairs, Auto scaling, Elastic load balancing and Amazon Cloud watch for different zones in development, testing and production environments.
- Handled operations and maintenance support for AWS cloud resources which includes launching, maintaining and troubleshooting EC2 instances, S3 buckets, Virtual Private Clouds (VPC), Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and Relational Database Services (RDS).
- Designed highly accessible, fault tolerant and cost effective systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Strong knowledge in creating Jenkins CI/CD Pipelines . Experience in Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN , ANT and GRADLE as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Proposed and implemented various branching strategies using Version Control Systems and experienced in creating branches, tags and performing merges in GIT, Gitlab, Github and SVN.
- Azure PaaS Solutions like Azure Web Apps, Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure and Azure Storage.
- Experienced in container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, containers, Docker hub and Docker registries.
- Involved in Linux administration like RedHat, CentOs, Ubuntu and database administration like Oracle, db2 in a global production environment.
- Worked on provisioning different environments using Ansible.
- Having good implementation experience with installation and configuration of Kubernetes , clustering them and managed local deployments in Kubernetes.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Ansible playbooks and Modules.
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA, Confluence, Pulse,Remedy and HP Quality Center.
- Created and maintained various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker.
- Experience with shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Experienced in troubleshooting, configuring and Deploying Enterprise Applications in WebSphere, JBOSS/Tomcat and BEA Web Logic as well.
Version Control tool: Subversion (SVN), GIT
Scripting Languages: Shell Scripting, Bash,Python and Ruby.
CI tools: Cruise Control and Hudson/Jenkins.
Build tool: ANT and Maven
Bug Tracking tool: JIRA,Confluence,Pulse
Agile Tools: Jira,VersionOne and XP Live
Operating Systems: Windows, Red Hat Linux and Solaris.
Data base: MS - SQL Server,PostgreSql
Deployment Tools: Ansible
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure,GCP
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud Watch and Splunk
Container & container Orchestration Tools: Docker,EC2 Container Services, Azure Container Services, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
Web/Application servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
Confidential, Richmond, VA
AWS/Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Bi-weekly Build and Release secured AWS Base AMI’s using GO, Packer, Jenkins, Shell for CapitalOne wide usages.
- Created Custom AMI’s according to various application needs by adding User data to the base AMI’s.
- Created Third party AMI’s (Barracuda WAF, Qualys, Thought spot, Databricks etc..,) according to various application needs.
- Worked on 13 different OS flavours ( Rhel 6,7; Centos 7; Ubuntu 14,16,18; WIN 8,12,16; Amazon Emr5, ECS; Amazon Linux 1,2 ) and created secured AMI’s accordingly for each OS Bi-weekly.
- Automated the Deployment of AMI’s and reduced time of deployment by using GO and Jenkins.
- Updated different agents like (Qualys, Splunk, NXlog, OS-query, Data dog, Opnet, Sphnix, Ping-Id, etc) on AMI’s as per schedule.
- Created Jenkins file and Pipelines for automating build and deployment of AMI’s and working with developer in creating a UI for self-serve custom AMI builds by other teams.
- Created various Security groups, Encryption keys, VPC’s and IAM roles in AWS for secured AMI usage.
- Established a process of getting 3rd party marketplace AMI securely and deploying them to various accounts according to the requirement.
- Maintained Manifests of our Bi-weekly deployment, change orders of all changes made in latest AMI’s and JSON’s with deployed AMI details in GIT and setting up boto3.
- Tested Custom AMI build UI (AMITAR) by using J-meter. Worked on Postman (token generation for API) and data dog for monitoring.
- Docker containers were run out of base images and tested for vulnerabilities and compliance.
- Expertise in Source Code Management and repository tools like Tortoise SVN and GIT.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Designing and implementing container orchestration systems with Docker Swarm and Kubernetes .
- Experience in configuring AWS Identity & Access Management (IAM) by managing the users new accounts, roles and groups.
- Creating inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Working with several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm.
- Managed multiple Azure accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Extensive experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, Terraform and AWS.
- Automate provisioning and repetitive tasks using Terraform and Python.
- Configured VMs in availability sets using ARM templates to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Configured their Kubernetes cluster and supported it running on the top of the CoreOS
- Researched and implemented code coverage using SonarQube scanner and runner and unit test plug-ins like find bugs, check style and JUnit with Maven/Hudson
- Managing all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA tracking tool.
Environment: AWS, Azure, Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, JIRA, GIT, MAVEN, Shell Scripts and Linux
Confidential, Tampa, FL
AWS/Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Strong experience in self-healing Server Infrastructure development on AWS cloud, extensive usage of AWS EC2, VPC, CLI, S3, Route53, IAM, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling of the instances.
- Capable of doing Ansible setup, managing hosts file, Using Yaml linter, authoring various playbooks and custom modules with Ansible.
- Implemented a server less architecture using API Gateway, Lambda and Dynamo DB and deployed AWS Lambda code from S3 buckets. Created lambda deployment function and configured to receive events from your S3 bucket.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization in AWS Redshift.
- Provided high durability of the available data using data storage in the AWS S3 bucket, versioning S3, lifecycle policies. Also web hosting the data from the S3 bucket by creating URLs.
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT.
- Developed Shell Scripts and Python for automation of the build and release process.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Designed and implemented automation deployment using Groovy and Python to promote major releases, monthly releases, and patches from Development -> Integration/QA -> Staging/UAT -> Production.
- Setting up Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins for multiple projects.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN).
- Experience working on Docker-Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
Environment: AWS EC2, ELB, VPC, CLI, S3, Route53, IAM, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail, Redshift, Artifactory, GIT, Docker, Maven, Ant, SVN, Jenkins, Red Hat Linux, Windows, Jira.
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Implemented and maintained infrastructure by monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers such as EC2 and storage such as S3 buckets using AWS CloudWatch.
- Used security groups to develop a logical firewall to ensure high security for control applications.
- Experience in using AWS resources like IAM for maintaining the user accounts, security groups.
- Enabling customers to better manage software development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Jenkins and GitHub.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Mavenpom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Configured local Maven repositories and multi-component ANT projects with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Backed up and restored configurations and data of various tools Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, databases and servers as required.
- Migrated the current Linux environment to AWS/RHEL Linux environment and used auto scaling feature.
- Expertise in build tools like Apache MAVEN (using POM.xml) for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Setup specific IAM profiles per group utilizing newly released APIs for controlling resources within AWS based on group or user.
- AWS data backup (snapshot, AMI creation) techniques, along with data-at-rest security within AWS.
Environment: EC2, S3 Buckets, AWS Cloud Watch, IAM, Jenkins, GitHub, Maven pom.xml, GIT repositories, SVN, Ant, VPC, Subnets, ELB, Shell Scripts, Linux, Windows.
Build and Release Engineer
- Automated the deployments using Jenkins and its respective dependency plugins in Master and Slave.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Wrote Pom.xml for Maven application builds Automation purposes.
- Created subversion repositories, imported projects into newly created subversion repositories as per the standard directory layout.
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN. Migrated Projects from SVN to GIT.
- Installation, Configuration, Design and Administration, plus experience of extending and integrating these tools with other systems, platforms and processes using Java, Shell Scripting.
- Used ANT and XML for doing Java build involving over 500 JAR files and 2 week build schedule.
- Built Java applications using ANT and Maven and deployed JAVA/J2EE applications through Tomcat Application servers.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Web sphere Application Servers,
- Developed Shell/Batch Scripts for automation purpose.
- Using VMware created mirror network for safe testing/development of applications/servers.
- Linux System Administrator with Linux, Red hat, VMWare, Secured Storage Systems.
- Managed the source control using version controlling tool GIT.
- Configured and upgrade JBoss application server.
- Configured and troubleshoot enterprise-wide Apache Web servers and Tomcat application containers in large RedHat Linux and CentOS environment.
- Configured Project Server with Team Foundation Server (TFS) to synchronize task/work item tracking process.
Environment: GIT, Agile, JBoss, Linux, Windows, VMware, Bash scripts, Jenkins/Hudson, Java/J2EE, Shell scripting, ANT, Maven, Application/Web servers.
- Administered, maintained Red Hat Linux operating systems, applications & network problems, and performance issues.
- Involved in creating new users, groups, and setup their home directories and appropriate access restrictions to software and directories & files and ext3, ext4 file systems.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager LVM commands
- Proficient in installation and configuration of Apache HTTP Server and Configured Linux Firewall with IPCHAINS & IPTABLES.
- Configured squid as proxy/cache server with Squid Guard for URL filtering.
- Configured Apache Web Server with Tomcat in load balancing.
- Package management with the use of YUM, RPM and UP2DATE on Red Hat Linux.
- Support for Unix/Linux systems administration, Problem resolution and operational support for server systems.
- Created shared NFS files system, NFS client on remote machine, mounting and un-mounting NFSserver, sharing remote file folder, and starting &Stopping NFS services.
- Excellent in patches and packages installation on Linux/Unix Environment.
- Maintained Virtual servers in Vmware and Virtual Box environment.
- Performed workstation, server installations, upgrades, standardized workstation configuration, send email, hardware upgrades, administration support and troubleshooting duties.
Environment: RedHat/Linux, Apache servers, windows servers, Volume management, scripting, SMTP, DNS, Logical/Physical Volume groups.