- Improving Systems & Network Uptime, Capacity, & Security
- Service - focused technical leader with 13+ years of success transforming IT and network infrastructures for national and global leaders in higher education, financial services, pharmaceutical, and IT industries.
- Extensive background spanning a full range of IT operations, network engineering, LAN/WAN/NAC administration & support under mixed computing environments.
- Recognized project management skills, routinely entrusted with complex, large-scale projects impacting thousands of users across multiple locations throughout the U.S.
- Successful in partnering with clients, stakeholders, vendors, and teams to ensure timely design, installation, and upgrade of high performance technical and data/voice networking solutions.
- Cross-functional leadership and technical skills; talent for inspiring superior team performance while coordinating initiatives in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments.
- Network Engineering & Management Project Lifecycle Management LAN/WAN Administration
- Technology Deployment/Upgrade Team Leadership & Motivation Troubleshooting & Support
- IP Network Design & Analysis Network Configuration & Monitoring PM Methodologies
- Data/Voice/Digital Communications Information Security Best Practices Client Relations & User Support
- Proficient in Microsoft project Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Operating Systems: Windows, MAC, Cisco IOS, Linux suse, MS Server
Protocols: ISDN, Frame Relay, ATM, FR-ATM Internetworking, DSL, HDLC, & PPP; Ethernet II, 802.3, 802.5, 802.2 LLC1/LLC2 Layer; TCP/IP Routing Protocol RIP v1, RIP v2, OSPF, BGP, Cisco's IGRP, & EIGRP
Hardware: Cisco 72xx, 65xx, 45xx, 35xx, 37xx, 26xx. Cisco AP 12xx. Juniper J Series Gateway
Tools: Wire Shark, Netflow, Nessus Scanner, Confidential Manager, APC InfraStructure Manager, Cisco WIFI Controllers, Heat, Lotus Notes, Tivoli, Remedy, Norton Ghost, Health Quest, pcAnywherePROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Confidential, Newark, New Jersey
Network Analyst / Team Lead
- Promoted to administer and optimize Network Access Control (NAC) infrastructure and systems supporting 8 campuses and thousands of internal/external users.
- Coordinate 3 team members and key projects focused on improving system uptime and stability while ensuring 100% availability of all applications, 24/7 network connectivity and security, and customer service excellence.
- Manage and support full lifecycle delivery of complex, multi-system projects, from initial scope and resource planning through implementation and follow-up support.
- Lead and execute installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN, telecom systems, servers, and all Cisco network/VoIP equipment and devices.
- Monitor network traffic and ensure highly responsive support, issue resolution, and compliance with University/HIPAA requirements.
- Credited with overhauling entire NAC system plagued by constant network outages and outdated technology/ equipment. Championed and launched initiative to upgrade systems and deploy daily system/network maintenance plans and best practice protocols. Triggered immediate and measurable improvements in stability, reliability, and user satisfaction.
- Co-managed large-scale, 2-year project to rollout NAC System throughout entire University, skillfully coordinating 25 team members and integration of University-mandated network registration, authentication, and remediation solutions impacting 15,000 users across 8 campuses.
- Pivotal driver of enterprise-wide HIPAA compliance initiative from 2006-2007, heading all phases of implementation and support of Confidential Manager network authentication system.
- Drove on time, within budget delivery of 6-figure project to upgrade NAC server hardware and OS.
- Key contributor to year-long project encompassing upgrade and implementation of all Cisco routers and switches campus-wide.
- Tapped to co-coordinate and support ongoing $8 million project to replace analog phone system with new VoIP Cisco phones.
Sr. Computer Operator / Team Lead
- Team Lead for 3rd shift Data Center operations, proactively monitoring on-line and stand-alone systems, communication links, large-scale computers and peripheral devices.
- Performed daily, weekly, and monthly backup of critical system and data files.
- Created and maintained detailed problem reports and logs.
- Evaluated and documented production and test cycles; ensured job completion and escalated issues as needed.
Confidential, Newark, New Jersey
System Service Representative / Team Lead
- Stepped into complex client situations, serving as Technical Lead for high profile, long-term projects with marquis clients .
- Coordinated up to 5 Technicians through all phases of onsite rollout and migration of operating systems, network infrastructures, servers, hardware and software.
- Provisioned, scheduled and supported iMac service, including troubleshooting, installation and upgrades for over 2000 users.
- Collaborated with C-level management, department heads, and technical teams to strategically analyze business/functional requirements and cost-effectively align Confidential solutions with business goals. Forged and cultivated productive relationships with client stakeholders, vendors, users, and technical staff. Maintained customer satisfaction and adherence to SLAs.
- Acknowledged for successfully managing and delivering numerous large-scale conversion projects across multiple states, aggressively meeting project milestones, deadlines, and budget constraints.
- Consistently achieved project deliverables for year-long engagement encompassing numerous OS conversions/ rollouts.
- Led 5 team members and oversaw all computer installation, wiring and data migration for corporate and satellite locations.
- Headed business critical Cisco hardware upgrade at 6 U.S. locations for major pharmaceutical client.
- Coordinated 3 team members in year-long project to rollout new PCs for all Gap retail stores nationwide.
- Achieved highest levels of client satisfaction based upon timely implementation with minimal business disruption and highly responsive support.