- Extensive experience over 10+ years in managing end to end lifecycle of system administration functions related to Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experienced in deployment & Configuration automation for large scale IaaS and SaaS cloud platforms.
- Hands - on experience working with automation tools like Ansible and Puppet.
- Hands on experience with various virtualization platforms such as KVM, ESXi
- Experience with JIRA for ticketing and for defect tracking and configure various workflows, customizations and plugins for JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging, and maintaining the version across the environments using tools like Git /Gerrit.
- Understanding in building and installing resources through Azure Resource Manager Templates (ARM) and Azure Portal in Azure and Cloud Formation for AWS.
- Experienced in building and managing CI/CD pipelines for code releases.
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS & Azure.
- Understanding of key concepts of cloud in regards to Load Balancing, Compute, Storage, Network and Security.
- Understanding of ServiceNow functionality and how ITIL processes can be implemented in ServiceNow including, but not limited to Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Asset Management, Service Catalog, Knowledge Management, and Service Portal modules.
- Experience in creating, maintaining and to execute all (ITSM) process management incident management & Change management with all business approvals. To ensure the service delivery under the ITSM framework Incident/ problem/ change management.
- Experienced in Agile methodologies and best practices
- Proficient in upgrade planning /minimize downtime when 3 rd party software s/Patches are involved and gather all the needed info from the Vendors and test on Lab environment.
- Installation and configuration of Palo Alto Network Virtual appliance (Panorama/VIPR) for firewall management.
- Experience in creating documentation for the automation and deployment tasks for other teams to use.
- Experience with mid to large-scale VMware / Cloud environments in development and production.
- Excellent skills in supporting users over phone as well as using Remote Support Tools such as Connect, Remote Control, Windows Remote Desktop as well as WebEx.
- Troubleshooting system and user issues, providing friendly and timely customer support.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Excellent work ethics, self-motivated and quick learner, willing to learn, adapts new technologies and third party products.
OS / Virtualization: Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, Cent OS 4/5/6/7, Sun Solaris10, 9, 8, HP-UX, Ubuntu 10/12/14, Windows2008/2012/XP/7/8.
Hardware: IBM Blade Centers, HP ProLiant DL 380 G5/G6/G7/G8/, Dell Power Edge servers R720xd, R730xd, R820.
Programming Languages: PERL, C, C++, PL/SQL, HTML, Python, JSON.
Databases: Oracle 10g/9/8, MYSQL, MSSQL
Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, NIS, SSH, DHCP, Cisco Routers / Switches and LAN
Tools: Veritas Cluster 3.x, 4.x & 5.x, HP MC Service Guard, Redhat Cluster, Sun Cluster 3.2, VMware, VERITAS NetBackup 6.0, Solaris Volume Manager, BladeLogic, WebEx, Confidential & Confidential connect, GIT, JIRA, Jenkins, Cygwin, Jenkins, MobaXterm, Visual Studio code
Confidential, Plano, Texas
Sr. Systems Engineer / Cloud Engineer
- Build Confidential integrated private cloud (AIC) platform using open stack in different environments and sizes using multiple tools (aic-opssimple,aic-lcm,aic-automaiton) on multiple hardware platforms across North America.
- Customize hardware configuration, creating RAID devices, updating bios and firmware depending on the Cloud environment, and perform multiple hardware checks using bash and python scripts.
- Troubleshoot various build issues during AIC deployment, related to Hypervisor (KVM), virtual machine provisioning, software defined networking, block storage, object storage, and other technical issues.
- Implement AIC 3.0.3 RC 18 in prod using Openstack and contrail as Software defined Networking (SDN) and maintaining Openstack services and underlying infrastructure.
- Focus on Network Cloud (NC) containerized AIC environment in which applications are designed to function as discrete micro services Building LCP zones and then support the lifecycle move of the servers to Production for customer on-boarding.
- Installing, configuring and testing the OpenStack keystone, glance, cinder, swift, nova and Neutron, trove, mistral, designate using Mirantis FUEL GUI and CLI.
- Ensure configurations, installations, and deployments are in line with standard security policies.
- Open defect tickets on updating any issues while deploying the site and work with design team to update the golden configuration in the next release or update the code as required.
- Expertise in OpenStack Heat Orchestration to automate repetitive OpenStack resource deployment tasks using different heat templates depending on the environment.
- Identify all manual tasks and areas where time, manual effort required and eliminate human errors are automated using devops tools ansible, puppet, Jenkins.
- Hands on experience in Openstack deployment both manual and automation installations.
- Provisioning and optimizing of compute, network, and storage services with Openstack through dashboard, command-line and API utilities.
- Experience in building NOVA instances from Horizon dashboard, as well as CLI using NOVA API.
- Creating VM, snapshot, template and use them as the base images depending on the requirement.
- Automate build post-checks using ansible playbooks with ansible modules (apt-get, jinja templates, when failed) for Greenfield and Brownfield sites.
- Experience in OpenStack Administrative tasks, creating customized flavors, assigning security groups for various environments and tenants, deploying instances on different hypervisors KVM, QEMU.
- Experience in Nova Instance Management- Creation or deletion, start or stop, pause, suspend or resume, snapshot or recover, resize, floating IP, security groups configuration.
- Managing the configurations on the servers using puppet.
- Experience in creating tenants and assigning users, networks, roles and privileges using Keystone identity service.
- Deployed Cloud both using automation via Fuel, Openstack Ansible and manual deployment.
- Work with PVT/SDV and ORT teams for post deployment issues and identify the issues, which could be automated in post checks ansible playbooks or if required fix it in the golden config code.
- Configure Ephemeral storage on compute nodes for Openstack nova using Apollo code. Upgrade AIC and NC sites and perform post upgrade validation steps.
- Work with vendor support (Dell, HP) and the onsite techs to resolve the hardware issues.
- Worked closely with development/support teams in configuring applications as per the requirements and meet project deadlines
- Deployed compute nova and configured nova services.
- Worked with deployment of openstack components like nova, keystone, neutron, Murano, swift, glance and cinder using Puppet.
- Provisioning VM s in multiple tenants using nova and managing storage using swift, cinder and glance services.
- Worked with Keystone Service endpoints and managing tenant accounts using Keystone LDAP backend.
- Experience in creating defects, user stories, tasks and sub-tasks in JIRA.
- Expertise in configuring OpenStack Keystone identity service with LDAP and identity based authentication and authorization.
- Involved in leading Automation Deployment Team by working with Puppet with experience in installing Puppet agents and pushing manifests/modules to 500+ Puppet clients.
- Downloaded (Puppet-Forge) modules, modified them and adapted the manifests to suit our infrastructure and environment.
- Worked with Nova flavors, Aggregates (using metadata tags) and Availability Zones.
- Worked with MySQL percona cluster as a Keystone Backend and worked with ha proxy for ssl based HA Services.
- Deployed Application servers like Apache Tomcat, Web server like Apache HTTP, PHP, Configuring Security Hardening using Modules and different types of manifests.
- Used Git as source code management tool - created local repo, cloning the repo, adding, committing, pushing the changes in the local repo, recovering files, creating tags, viewing logs, etc.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Worked extensively on installing, configuring and supporting Confidential - Confidential applications on Linux/Windows server environment.
- Installation of Packages and Patches on Redhat Linux, Solaris & AIX Servers.
- Responsible for Installation, Configuration and upgrade of LINUX, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX Operating System.
- Responsible for Apache & tomcat Web Server configuration, administration and maintenance on Linux.
- Experience in configuring Raid-0, Raid-1, Raid-6, Raid 10 ISCSI, IDE, SATA, and creating Logical Volumes, Logical Volume Groups and manipulating them as required.
- Good understanding to address the server vulnerabilities by Patching the servers using BladeLogic and using Windows update manager (WSUS) for Windows servers.
- Worked on installing software s packages like NIS, NFS, sendmail, open SSH & compliers using Redhat Package Manager (RPM) and yum on Redhat Linux, Packages on Solaris and Deports on HPUX and configured them efficiently.
- Experience in using PVA, PIM, PAT and ANM tools to create/deploy/manage virtual VMs residing on physical hosts.
- Performed systems monitoring, upgrades, performance tuning and backup and recovery.
- Have the Disaster recovery servers in sync with the production servers in case of a system crash or Hardware failure to reduce the downtime and work with Hardware support vendor for replacing the failed parts on the server.
- Worked closely with development/support teams in configuring applications as per the requirements and meet project deadlines.
- Responsible for quality reviews and standards and provided 24x7 on-call / Remote Support for UNIX Production Problems on weekly rotation basis
- Involved in Core Team, MOP Review, FFA Entrance/Exit and Go/NO-GO Calls.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
Sr. Systems Administrator
- Installation of Solaris 8, 9 servers with Jumpstart and redhat Linux EL 5.x based servers using Kickstart and HPUX servers with Ignite servers in development, test and production environments.
- Installed/ upgraded patches, firmware, and security (Kernel) patches for all applications in installed infrastructure.
- Data migration using Redhat LVM, HPUX LVM & Veritas Enterprise Administration.
- Performed systems monitoring, upgrades, performance tuning and backup and recovery, Troubleshooting and fixing the problems related to systems, software and day to day regular maintenance tasks of the system.
- Applying software maintenance, program fixes and keeping the system software releases current by attending the weekly status calls with the Engineering team and offshore team.
- Worked extensively in building, configuring and maintaining Windows 2003 servers in a clustered environment for Production as well as for Testing Environments.
- Responsible for maintaining track of trouble tickets that are created by different teams and act accordingly in resolving or rerouting the trouble tickets to corresponding teams.
- Experience in using the custom developed tools like CMMC ( Used for deploying code ), CMIS ( Used for creating trouble tickets and also to send across different teams ), N3 Change ( Used for tracking the Change Management records),FRS System ( To raise request for firewall punch ), eBiz Center ( To monitor alerts from the applications and systems ) .
- Responsible for quality reviews and standards and provided 24x7 on-call / Remote Support for UNIX systems on weekly rotation basis.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of applications on Windows/Unix /Linux based systems.
- Involved in migration of the systems/applications during transition from Confidential to Frontier.
- Monitor standard IP services, network traffic and server health. Utilizing standard UNIX utilities and custom BASH scripts for automating event driven actions and responses.
- Troubleshooting and resolving of problems related to hardware, operating systems, third party applications and scripts.
- Perform daily maintenance routines on servers, monitoring system access, managing file systems and tuning the system for optimum performance.
- Day-Day application support on production and technical documentation for critical prod issues, on call pager support 24/7 environment.