- Over 7+ years of experience as a Data Network & Security Engineer with expertise in design, development, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Network & security environments with mixed vendors Routers, Switches Firewalls, Proxy, VPN's, IPsec, NAT, Load Balancer's, and Nexus Switches.
- CCNA Certified
- In - depth understanding on implementation of LAN/WAN network routing environments
- Strong working knowledge in complex configurations, troubleshooting network connectivity and Cisco IOS version integration issues
- Successful in resolving Routing, Switching and WAN connectivity escalation issues using various ticketing tools
- Thorough experience in OSI model, TCP/IP, UDP, IPv4/IPv6 sub netting, NAT concepts
- Expertise in configuring RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and MPLS protocols
- Ample knowledge in configuring networking protocols including VM’s, DHCP, DNS, NTP, FTP, VOIP (SIP, H.323, MGCP) and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Proficient in configuring WLAN, VLAN, VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP), Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP), Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), RSTP, and PVST
- Worked on configuring 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 7200, 7600 Cisco Routers and Nexus 7k, 2960, 3750, 3560, 4500, 6500 Cisco Switch series
- Exposure in working on Layer 2 Routing Protocol Configurations as ARP, RARP, and deployment of VPN's over IPsec and GRE
- Knowledge on Juniper SRX220, SRX240 and SRX550, Fortinet 200D series firewalls.
- Expertise in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Juniper Routers (MX-480, MX960) and Juniper EX Switches (EX2200, EX2500, EX3200, EX4200, EX4500, EX8200) series.
- Experience with design and implementation of Virtual Switching System (VSS) for both User segment and server segment using 6509 catalyst switches.
- Proficient in Cisco IOS installation, upgradation and Configuring, Troubleshooting routing protocols like RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP (E-BGP, I-BGP).
- Good knowledge and experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Windows Servers 2000/2003, Active Directory, FTP, DNS, DHCP, TFTP, Linux OS under various LAN and WAN environments.
- Strong hands on experience and knowledge on Software Defined WAN (SDWAN) and its architecture including the vendors Silver Peak and Cisco Viptela.
- Good knowledge in configuration of Voice VLAN’s (VOIP), prioritizing the voice traffic over the data traffic.
- Expertise in diverse domain technologies like, Insurance, Ecommerce & Media.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Drupal, Joomla, and WordPress.
- Worked in Agile & Scrum methodology with strong sense of ownership of development.
- Coordinated on-site & off-shore teams with strong sense of ownership
- Effective oral, written communication skills and strong analytical problem-solving capabilities.
- Service Now, Impact, Cherwell Service Management, ISM Maximo, BMC Remedy, Autosys Scheduling Software, GNM Paging
- Nagios, One-View, HP OVSD, HP OVPI, IBM Tivoli, Tivoli enterprise Console, IBM Blue Diamond, Wireshark, Syslog, Solarwinds
- RDP (Remote Desktop), VNC, LogMeIn, PC anywhere, Team Viewer
- Cisco Packet Tracer, tcpdump, GNS3, Putty, Visio, ModSecurity, SecureCRT
- 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 7200, 7600
- Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, Juniper, SRX, IPSec, IPS/IDS, SSL-VPN, Juniper NetScreen Firewall, Windows Patch Management (WSUS), NAT, PAT
- Cisco ACE, F5 Networks (Big-IP)
- FTP, DHCP, DHS, HSRP, VRRP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, BGP, RIP, TCP/IP, Static Routing, VLAN, STP, VTP, Ether channel
- Frame Relay, HDLC, ISDN, PPP, MPLS
- Microsoft Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, Red Hat Linux ES 7/6.7/5/4, Citrix environment servers, JUNOS
- Domain servers, Mail Servers, Proxy Servers, Print Servers, Application Servers, FTP Servers
- Canopy Wireless interface, DLink Access Point, Linksys Wireless
- Python, VB, Perl, Shell Scripting
- Apache-tomcat and Apache HTTP Server, VMware, WebSphere
- Microsoft Office Suit, Microsoft Office Communicator, Microsoft Lync, Lotus Notes v8.5.3 and v9, Lotus Sametime
Confidential, Long Island, NY
Sr. Network Engineer
- Configured Checkpoint and Cisco ASA firewalls to secure the infrastructure for the Data Center.
- Configured VDC (Virtual Device Context) for Nexus 7010 Switch.
- Configuration 7609, 7606 with OSPF and catalyst 6505, 4500, 3550 switches with various VLAN.
- Configured HSRP and VLAN trucking 802.1Q, VLAN Routing on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Install or decommission of Nexus switches and servers in the data center.
- Monitor and responsible for access control to the Data Center to prevent unauthorized access.
- Single point of contact for Security compliance audits and Cisco WSA (Web Security)
- Primary support for WAN installation of new remote office
- Successful implementation of configurations into Cisco routers
- Provided technical and vendor support services, designing and planning Network Planning, Implementing, Configuring,
- Evaluated network performance and activities on layer 3 routing and layer 2 switching
- Managed routers, switches, and firewall as part of day to day operations
- Maintained technical detailed documentation of LAN and WAN systems and applications
- Troubleshooting and Testing of networking system
- Implemented procedures for configuration and management of routers and switches and firewalls Confidential local and remote sites
- Worked on developing automatic configuration in Cisco network devices for snmp v2, logging, and NTP
- Expertise with Cisco ASA firewall-based devices, configuring VPNs, IPS and IPsec.
- Experience in Designing and assisting in deploying enterprise Wide Network Security and High Availability Solutions for ASA.
- Hands-on experience with SD WAN (MPLS/Frame Relay), routers, switches, TCP/IP, routing Protocols (BGP/OSPF), and IP addressing.
- I Was a part of a team that Implemented iRules on the VIPs based on application.
- Configuring, Administering and troubleshooting the Checkpoint.
- Drafted and installed Checkpoint Firewall rules and policies.
- Worked on F5 GTM, configuring Wide IPs and pools to load balance the client traffic between the two data centers.
- Knowledge with following Citrix infrastructure components: Web interfaces, PNAServer, NetScaler setup and administration, License Server management, Edgesight. Management and configuration of RSA SecureID Server.
- Designed, installed, configured, and troubleshot Citrix NetScaler devices in the support of NetScaler Gateway, Clientless VPN and SSLVPN implementations.
- Vendor certification in a SIEM technology.
- Some familiarity with Zabbix, AWS, Git, Nginx, Ansible.
- Implemented traffic filters by using standard/extended access lists, distribute lists, & route maps.
- Member of a 5-person team responsible for systems and policy changes to firewall infrastructure. The Firewall mesh consists of approximately 35 Fortigate firewalls and the infrastructure to maintain them. All firewalls are configured as high availability clusters.
- Physical to Virtual, Virtual to Virtual and Virtual to Physical migrations of Linux servers from and to VMware, VirtualBox, Hyper -V and other legacy hardware.
- Includes installation, testing, upgrading, loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual environments.
- Installed and monitored extreme networks S-series, 7100 stackable switches and E4G-400, 1800 router to support VMware machines in NCFAST.
- Monitoring of data flow and troubleshooting in wireless systems for multiple clients using the cisco ISE platform and also configuring a small wireless system for VOIP and wireless activity.
- Upgraded distribution switches 6509 to Nexus 7010 with Sup1.
- Involved in Data Center migrations and handled proper management, maintenance, configuration, and altered management of firewall structure.
- Remote implementation of Palo Alto firewalls PA-500 and PA 200 firewalls.
- Provided L2 & L3 network support.
- Hands On experience in push Policy from Panorama to Firewall in Palo Alto.
- Excellent experience with FTP, TFTP, DHCP configuration and its setup.
- Hands on experience with issues related to security like NAT, IP sec, ACLs.
- Used Net scalar for quality of service (QOS), offloading.
- Used Network analysis tools like Packet Sniffer and Wireshark for troubleshooting the network.
Environment: Cisco routers (7200, 3800, 2800) and Cisco switches (6500, 3700, 4900, 2900), Nexus (7K, 5K & 2K), Data Centers, LAN/WAN, Routing Protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP), ASA, Fortingate, Palo Alto F5 load balancing, VRF, VPN, IPSec, Citrix, NetScaler
- Hand on experience with the configuration and implementation of various Cisco Routers and L2 Switches.
- Configuring Alcatel lucent Omni switches such as 6600,6850,6855 which involves assigning IP address, providing static routes, authentication, creating VLAN'S, providing interVLAN routing, trunk ports 802.1q tagging, assigning Spanning tree to VLAN'S, udld to ports and configuring SNMP
- Extensive experience in configuring and implementing EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Supported core network consisting of Cisco 7200 series routers running multi area OSPF
- Configuration of EIGRP and OSPF as interior gateway protocol with route filtering and route redistribution.
- Implemented stub/Totally stub areas and various OSPF features like route-summarization and SPF throttling.
- Single point of contact for VLANs, Virtual port channel (VPC) and configuration on Nexus 7k configurations
- Responsible for service request tickets generated by the helpdesk such as troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, patches and fixes with all around technical support
- Supporting EIGRP and BGP for problems of L2/L3 in internal teams & external customers.
- Providing daily network support for national wide area network consisting of MPLS, VPN and point-to point site.
- Upgrading Used DHCP to automatically assign reusable IP addresses to DHCP clients.
- Configured and installed multi-protocol (IP, IPX) multi-interface Cisco routers.
- Design, WAN link using PPP Multilink and by implementing Cisco WAAS
- Negotiate VPN tunnels using IPSec encryption standards and configured and implemented site-to-site VPN, Remote VPN.
- Experience with Juniper SRX and Arista Firewalls
- Configuring STP for switching loop prevention and VLANs for data and voice along with Configuring port security for users connecting to the switches.
- Worked on commissioning and decommissioning of the MPLS circuits for various field offices.
- Network Cabling, dressing, labeling and troubleshooting various network drops onsite.
Environment: Cisco 2990/3550/6550 switches, Cisco 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, VPN, Ether Channels, and Sniffer, Data center, Palo Alto Firewalls, Big IP F5 LTM/GTM, TCP/IP, FortiGate
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Initializing network issue trouble tickets, assigning and resolving using HP Open View monitoring tool
- Performing Microsoft Server Security updates in given change window ensuring no down time
- Maintaining hardware (NIC Card) replacements as part of routine checks of internal networks
- End user support as part of network issue resolving team member as per given SOP such as hard resets of routers via remote tools
- DHCP, DNS Server installations and configurations
- Daily backups and Weekly Backups for the critical locations
- Provided resolutions for issues related to customer networks
- Involved in all phases of user migrations from Microsoft Exchange server to Windows server
- Creation of User Accounts, maintaining user profiles and managing group policies
- Implemented internal HTML webpages for easy access of process, procedure and information documents
- Promoted to L3 escalations team, handled high priority network trouble tickets within given SLA
- Responsible to raise a Hyper Tickets in case of data center network issues
- Gained wide knowledge on organization’s network topology and inventory
Environment: s: Network Monitoring/Security, Hardware Maintenance, DHCP, DNS, Backups, Migrations, HTML, Hyper Ticket situations
- Configured Cisco Routers for OSPF, IGRP, RIPv2, EIGRP, Static and default route.
- Worked on HSRP for hop redundancy and load balancing.
- Configured the Cisco router as IP Firewall and for NATing Configured RSTP, MST and used VTP with 802.1q trunk encapsulation.
- Alcatel 7750 Migration Implementation, IOS upgrade with ALU from CLI using LAG and others.
- Provided port binding, port security and router redundancy through HSRP.
- Designed ACLs, VLANs, troubleshooting IP addressing issues and taking back up of the configurations on switches and routers.
- Provided testing for network connectivity before and after install/upgrade
- Switching related tasks included implementing VLANS and configuring ISL trunk on Fast-Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet channel between switches.
- Experience in Cisco switches and routers: Physical cabling, IP addressing, Wide Area Network configurations.
- Performed troubleshooting, while maintaining trouble ticket tracking, following internal/external.
Environment: Cisco Routers 2900, 2600, 3600; Cisco Switches 1900, 2900, 3500, 3700 and 450 Series; LAN/WAN: Frame relay, NAT, DHCP, TCP/IP