IT Manager / System Architect / System and Network engineer / Programmer
- 14 years of experience architecting, managing, implementing, and delivering variety of Information Technology projects and network services consist of:
- VMware vSphere cluster virtualization infrastructure w/ DRS and HA, Citrix Xenapp farms, EMC Clarion CX3-40f and VNX5300 storage, Cisco router/ switch/firewall-HP switch-Brocade switch, Replication/Disaster recovery EMC Networker/Data Domain backup/Zerto software, FireEye threat prevention, Exchange servers implementation, Exchange mailboxes to Microsoft Office 365 cloud migration, Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012 DNS/DHCP/WINS/AD/DFS/IIS Servers/Services, MS SQL servers, SharePoint Servers, Citrix NetScaler applications and load management and Head
- Quarter office and Data Center relocation. Advocate on employing enterprise network services solution that adheres and meets industries standard, best practices, and security standards. High standard ITS management and deliver high level technical support.
Technical / Management / Development Experience
- Disaster recovery Solution: EMC Networker/Data Domain and Nutanix with Zerto replication and disaster recovery software.
- EMC SAN VNX5300 and CX3-40F.
- HP Procurve, Brocade switch, Cisco switches/firewall and PacketShaper.
- VMware ESX/vSphere version 3.x, 4.x and 5.x
- Citrix NetScaler, XenApp servers all prior versions and Presentation servers.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and all prior versions , hosted email/clustered and virtualized Exchange.
- Migrated Microsoft Exchange mailboxes to Microsoft Cloud Office 365 G.
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
- Network security: FireEye threat prevention, Symantec endpoint protection and WebSense.
- Active Directory Architecture design, deployment and management.
- MS SQL 2008 and prior versions.
- Windows Servers 2012R2/2008R2/2003R2/7/XP/2000/NT DNS/DHCP/WINS/AD/DFS/IIS.
- Manage projects, network services and helpdesk support.
- Relocate Head Quarters office and Data Center physical equipment's and Data.
- Proficient in computer languages and scripts: HTML, PowerShell, batch, shell scripts, Java, C and Objective C.
- ITS Manager oversees Network Services and Helpdesk Support. Meet with managers and executives.
- Project manager and lead technical role on various ITS project these includes
- Relocate Head Quarter office workstations and Data Center.
- Upgrade VMware vSphere cluster.
- Upgrade Citrix Xenapp.
- Upgrade 40tb EMC storage from CX3-40f to VNX.
- Upgrade remote office and HQ Microsoft Windows servers.
- Upgrade Active Directory domain controllers to Windows 2012. Restructure Active Directory OU's. Deployed Domain controllers at Microsoft office 365 Data Center. Established domain Trust Relationship with Microsoft Office 365 Active directory.
- Implemented Disaster Recovery with Networker Data domain, Nutanix and Zerto replication and disaster recovery software.
- Implement FireEye Zero Day threat prevention.
- Rollout Windows 7 upgrade from Windows XP.
- Refresh laptops, workstations and printers.
- Migrate Microsoft exchange mailboxes to Microsoft Office 365 cloud. Senior lead cloud exchange online protection.
- Lead, provide direction and collaborate with my network services and support staff with their tasks.
- Manage EMC CLARiiON VNX, VMware vSphere cluster virtualization infrastructure w/ DRS and HA, Citrix XenApp farm, Netscaler, Windows Servers 2012R2/2008R2/2003R2/7/XP/2000/NT DNS/DHCP/WINS/AD/DFS/IIS and FireEye threat prevention.
Senior Lead Solutions Architect. Architect/Design
- VMWARE ESX Cluster infrastructure, EMC SAN CLARiiON CX3-40f configuration, Active Directory, Microsoft servers, Distributed Files System, Exchange 2007, Ironport, Networker backup, Citrix XenApp, Netscaler and Packetshaper.
- Manage VMWARE ESX/vSphere Cluster virtualization infrastructure w/ DRS and HA. Provision VMWARE ESX guest VM, upgrade ESX server hardware, automate server disaster discovery server shutdown with shell scripts. Upgrade VMWARE ESX to vSphere version 4.
- Manage Windows Servers 2012R2/2008R2/2003R2/7/XP/2000/NT DNS/DHCP/WINS/AD/DFS/IIS.
- Manage EMC SAN CLARiiON CX3-40f with 40TB of storage. Installed FC disk drives, create raid group, LUNs and metaluns, Installed and configured new brocade fiber switch.
- Manage a three tier email system comprise of backend Exchange 2007 server and frontend and IRONPORT email gateway.
- Managed Citrix XenApp server farm with Visionapp gateway and a NetScaler.
- Installed and configured PacketShaper to add quality of services and regulate traffic/optimized/prioritized critical business applications to non-critical business related applications.
- Implemented and manage two tier SharePoint 2007 Sservers.
- Assess California Secretary Of State Windows 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure, Domains, GPO, OU, Windows security, Intrasite and Intersite replication, Certificate authority, Exchange 2003 Infrastructure, Exchange Cluster, Exchange Storage, Exchange policy, WSUS, Windows servers, VMWARE ESX VI3, VMWARE Servers and present best practice recommendations and solutions. Create documentations and Visio diagrams.
- Managed exchange 2003 front-end and back-end servers and build Exchange 2003 server. Migrated mailboxes and replicated public folders. Installed, configured and troubleshoot McAfee Groupshield.
- Resolved Active Directory sites replications and Group Policy related Issue.
- Administered, supported and troubleshoot VMWARE ESX VI 3.x and VMWARE Servers. Used VMWARE virtual center and UNIX shell for managing VM and ESX. Upgraded Virtual Center to version 2.5. Upgraded VMWARE ESX version 3.x to version 3.5. Configured ESX Updates Manager for patching ESX servers. Migrated AMD VMs to ESX Intel platform. Migrated VM's from VMWARE server to ESX 3.5. Integrated legato networker with VMWARE consolidated backup to backup ESX VM's VMDK.
- Simulated Active Directory Disaster Recover through the use of virtualization.
- Managed and supported Windows 2000, 2003 and 2008 servers.
- Other network services supported blackberry Enterprise, Mcafee Epolicy Orchestrator, Groupshield Virusscan, WSUS, Dell IT assistant, IIS, DNS, file and print server.
- Tools used to configure, troubleshoot and run report Microsoft Network monitor 3, Hyena, Sysinternal, MS Support tools, Resource kits, and other windows build in tools, Powershell, batch and vbScripts.
- Implemented best practices and Enterprise level solution. Managed Projects.
- Managed and maintain exchange 2003 three clustered nodes servers and exchange front-end. Resolved complex high level exchange/outlook/BBs email related issues. Administered and support messageslab clustered server e-mail gateway. Installed, deployed and configured Zantaz Exchange server Archive. Researched and evaluated Exchange 2007 new features.
- Setup, configured and maintained SAN fiber storage F5402e with RAID 6, 10, 1 and 5 array using SAS and SATA Disk. Provision LUNs. Installed and configured Qlogic HBA on host.
- Managed, maintained and installed windows 2003 server R2/SP2 32bit and x64 and windows 2000 server platform. Rollout windows 2003 upgrade to SP2. Installed, configured and managed SQL server 2005. Administered and maintain Windows 2003 active directory, GPO, Scripts and policies. Assess UPS equipment, Implemented UPS auto server shutdown and environmental monitoring. Implemented redundant DHCP for all 7 remote sites. Managed and maintained MS patches with WSUS. Upgraded WSUS to version 3.
- Used Hyena to generate report and update Active directory objects.
- Propose server and application Virtualization solution using VMWARE and MS Softgrid.
- Installed Microsoft VPN. Manage and Maintain Symantec Backup Exec version 10 and 11. Manage Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition. Manage and maintain Blackberry Enterprise server and Devices. Installed and administered IIS 6.0. Maintain HP switch procurve 4000 series. Supported hardware HP proliant and Dell poweredge. Used Whatsup to monitor servers.
- Researched fire suppressant technology. Created and maintained policies and procedures.
- Part of deployment group to rollout Packeteer imobiliti for remote user file synchronization.
- Provide level II and III support to users. Create documentation, How-to, procedure and Visio diagram. Transfer of knowledge to Level I and II support.
- Senior Technology Consultant at California State Agency Dept of Parks and Recreations. Managed project, assess and analysts DPR's current Active Directory infrastructure and enterprise network services. DPR's active directory includes multiple domain and domain controller, multiple sites, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, Sites replication and GPO deployment.
- Managed, maintained and installed windows 2003 and windows 2000 server platform.
- Raise active Directory functionality. Migrated DHCP service and build a redundant DHCP service. Deployed and manage GPOs. Create and manage policies and procedures. Migrated file server to windows 2003.
- Designed, architected, implemented and administered exchange 2003 server enterprise back-end on a two clusters with two nodes per cluster configurations. Implemented exchange server front-end with NLB for OWA, OMA, DirectPush/ Activesync for Windows Mobile 5.0 with feature pack and SMTP bridgehead connector. Assisted the migration of Novell GroupWise mailboxes and other resources to Exchange server 2003. Installed and configured
- sybari Antigen with multiple virusscan engines on exchange server cluster. Administered and supported proofpoint email gateway.
- Implemented and administered WSUS for deploying MS security patches and service pack to workstations and servers.
- Deployed and administered Microsoft Enterprise Certificate Authority.
- Implemented SONASOFT Sonasafe for exchange for replicating exchange mailboxes for business continuity. DFS/ R2 for data replication to provide a backup and redundancy of DPR's data.
- Managed and supported EMC SAN clarion CX600 with Navisphere Manager 6.x, Snapview and Powerpath 3x. Provisioned SAN Raid array s, LUNs and storage groups. Installed Qlogic HBA. Also setup NAS buffalo TeraStation.
- Used Dell Open Manage, cacti, whastup and quest spotlight for exchange, active directory and windows servers to monitor Servers and applications.
- Exchange Engineer Consultant at Franklin Templeton. I'm part of a groupware team that supported 40 multisite Exchange 2000 servers, Active Directory and email gateways. Franklin Templeton has about 8,000 users.
- Troubleshoot Exchange server 2000 related issue, email routing and outgoing and incoming email.
- Help transition the email gateways from webshield e500 gateways to ironport email gateway.
- Create email report on incoming, outgoing, email virus and spam email.
- Review email spam by email address, headers, and keywords and create email filters to block spam coming through the email gateways.
- Resolved Exchange Server and Microsoft outlook and other email related issue.
- Member of GAP Inc DataCenter Intel Server Service team that supported more than 300 Compaq and IBM Intel servers and utilizes by more than 5,000 users running Windows NT 4.0 SP6, Windows 2000 SP3/SP4 and Windows 2003 servers on mixed domain running Active Directory and NT domain.
- Gap inc Citrix Engineer Consultant. Upgraded Citrix Metaframe 1.8 to Citrix Metaframe XPe 1.0 FR3/SP3. Planned and test upgrade a replica of production Citrix Metaframe 1.8 farms to Metaframe XPe Presentation server with Feature Release 3 and Service pack 3. Tested all hosted application after the upgrade.
- Evaluated and installed Citrix Metaframe and Microsoft server Service pack and patches.
- Optimize Citrix Metaframe XPe printer Node and PN connection to speed up the print queue process and ICA session through WAN links. Resolved resource mapping, hosted application issue and connectivity issue running on Citrix Metaframe XPe and 1.8.
- Migrated Citrix Metaframe servers from a Compaq 1850r server to an IBM Eserver 440 Xseries running VMWARE ESX server using Sysprep and Symantec Ghost 2003. Create Virtual server on a IBM Eserver 440 Xseries running VMWARE ESX server.
- Install and setup Citrix Metaframe XPe server and apps Dos, 16bit and 32bit , third party app and in-house application on Windows 2000 and 2003 server with Citrix load balancing. Setup TS users profiles server.
- Installed Windows 2000 server and 2003 server using the Altiris express Deployment. Create change Control task. Setup Compaq Insight Board, setup raid array. Setup qlogic card to EMC. Connect LUN.
- Review BCP Business Contingency Plan Disaster Recovery documentation.
- During my 7 months contract at California State Agency technology, trade and commerce, as the Senior Network Analyst and also lead a role of project management, I had planned, managed, executed projects and administered the system and networks Infrastructure.
- Administered Windows NT 4.0 multi site domain and exchange 5.5 servers.
- Active Directory Inplace upgrade from Windows NT 4.0 domain to Windows 2003 active directory. Setup multi site active directory replication using RPC over IP. Create OU, Deploy GPO and delegate OU. Create, modify and manage active directory login script using VB script.
- Deployed Citrix Metaframe XPe Presentation servers with load balancing to provide redundant access to wide range of application. Deployed Nfuse to allow users access to publish apps through TCPIP HTTPS. Setup dedicated Windows 2003 server for TS users roaming profiles.
- Installed, setup and configured Windows server application and services, VPN, DIALUP, IIS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, SQL 2000 and MSDE on Windows 2000/2003 servers.
- Planned, tested and executed Exchange 2000 migration from exchange 5.5.
- Consolidate and upgrade Windows 2000 server and services.
- Evaluated and deployed Microsoft service pack and patches using HfNetChkPro.
- Implemented UPS power management application and backup and disaster recovery solution.
- Deployed Mcafee EPolicy Orchestrator EPO , allows ITS to maintain up-to-date protection, configuration and enforce policies on McAfee Security Virus protection. Generate detailed graphical reports.
- Deployed Mcafee Webshield SMTP gateway to prevent virus and worm outbreak from entering the private network.
- Deployed Veritas Backup Exec versions 8.6 and 9 with IDR intelligent disaster recovery for Windows 4.0, 2000 and 2003 server.
- Installed and setup Fenestrae Faxination Server integrated to Exchange 2000 that allows users send and receive facsimile from and to Microsoft outlook.
- Administered and reconfigured Pix and Netscreen firewall, Cisco, extreme network and foundry switch, Altiga and netscreen VPN. Maintained Extreme Network switches with EpiCenter.
- Analysts PIX firewall inbound and outbound traffic with PIX Syslog server and Webtrend firewall suite 4.1.
- Monitored Windows 2000/2003 and SQL 2000, Exchange 5.5/2k server load, memory, CPU usage, application components connection and throughputs through a visual format with the Quest Software Spotlight.
- Implement Compaq insight version 7 with SNMP to monitor all Compaq server hardware's.
- Used Whatsup gold to monitor server application services and TCP/IP Sockets.
- Implemented KVM over IP technology.
- Administered HEAT, LANDESK and prepare image using ghost 7.
- User support on MS office, PDA, Internet access and client connectivity.
- Executed WAFL OS commands, Create Volumes, CIFS shared, VDisk and LUN on Netapp SAN and NAS Filer server. Setup NetApp cluster server with multi-path.
- Setup Windows 2000 and windows 2003 active directory and exchange 2000.
- Create Windows 2000/2003 server cluster and exchange 2000 cluster.
- Executed thorough quality assurance testing using snap restore and snap manager and snap mirror on Windows 2000/2003 cluster, exchange 2000 cluster and Netapps Filer fail-over using F825 Enterprise Storage Systems and multi-path technology.
- Create script to automate application and equipment testing.
- Uses Brocade switch and Cisco gigabit switch to test network appliance Filer SAN. ISCSI and NAS equipments.
- Setup Microsoft Small Business Server 2000. Setup Windows 2000 Active Directory. Setup Exchange 2000 server.
- Secure Active directory, Implement Group domain policy. Lock down IIS, Secure W2k server with MS security toolkit, Implement w2k security Baseline. Apply service pack, hotfix and security patch. Installed Microsoft CA and Enable SSL on OWA.
- Recover exchange 2000 database from their prior exchange 2000 setup. Merge old database to production server.
- Setup health monitor and setup alert. Setup Print, DNS and DHCP server. Installed W2K PRO and Windows XP Pro. Add Windows XP pro to active Directory. Restored Windows user profiles to XP PRO.
- Migrated pop3 and imap account to exchange 2000 server.
- Install Linux advance server on an Intel platform for QA.
- Deployed, Manage and administered corporate network services and system infrastructure, this cover Internet, private network and Demilitarize zone.
- Manage NT/Exchange Server Infrastructure. Architect and executed the migration of Microsoft NT 4.0 domain to Window 2000 active directory and Exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000 server.
- Implement tier 2 front-end with MS NLB and back-end Exchange 2000 servers Infrastructure. Installed Microsoft CA and Enable SSL on OWA. Configured and secured SMTP virtual server connection to and from the Internet. Add email disclaimer using VB script. Configure Sendmail as e-mail Gateway.
- Create a test lab to simulate and analyze windows 2000 active directory and exchange 2000 upgrades utilizing an offline copy of NT domain and exchange 5.5.
- Create W2k/Exchange disaster recovery plan. Perform Legato Networker backup and recovery of Solaris OS and Windows NT 4.0/2000 servers and services. Perform Backup and restore with Veritas NetBackup 4.5 datacenter on EMC SAN. Create Run book and documentations for all system changes using MS Visio and MS Office XP.
- Backup and restore active directory database with authoritative restore, Seize FSMO roles using ntdsutil. Extend active directory schema and update attribute value using VB script. Create batch login script. Create group policy and disclaimer.
- Deployed MS SMS System Management Server to enable remote control support and automates software installations and software patches distribution.
- Installed MS ISA to Proxy port 80 and 443 for VPN user that has split tunneling disable.
- Secure Active directory, Implement policy and procedures. Lock down IIS, Secure W2k server with MS security toolkit, Implement w2k security baseline. Apply service pack, hotfix and security patch.
- Setup and manage Ghost, MS SQL 2000, MOM. WINS, DHCP, and DNS, IIS, Indexes, Quotas, MS terminal server and NTP server. Setup NetiQ Webtrends server to analyzing customer web server logs
- Rollout Windows NT servers upgrade to Windows 2000 server and NT Workstations to windows 2000 Pro/XP.
- Create wscript, shell script and SGI script. Perform webserver load testing using Loadrunner and win runner.
- Deployed TrendMicro Neatsuite virusscan for exchange server, NT server, virus wall for HTTP and FTP access and virus scan for end users with centralize server to monitors and updates client.
- Enable BGP on 2 multi home Cisco 7200 series edge router.
- Administered 3-layer firewall consists of 4 sidewinders firewall running BSD and 4 F5 BIGIP load balancer and 2 internal pix firewalls to create internal security wall.
- Maintain firewall's network object, resources, filter and access control list.
- Setup VLANS on two Cisco 4000 and 3500 Catalysts switches.
- Designed, architected and deployed VPN solution using AVAYA VPN and PIX VPN. Implement VPN client with PKI, smartcard authentication, 3des encryption with standard authentication.
- Tools use for monitoring server and services are Sitescope, windows network monitor and performance monitor.
- Install Sun Solaris 8 on SPARC. Compile and setup Apache server on Solaris 8. Add and remove Solaris packages. Create shell script.
- Installed Windows 2000 servers cluster services on EMC SAN located in Equinix Data center.
- Operating System supported are Solaris 7-8, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Linux, Mac 10 and Palm.
- Manage helpdesk group and provide assistant and end users support.
- Supported apps MS office 2k and XP, MS project, VISIO 2K, Ultra Edit, PGP and ADOBE.
- Design and implement Informatica's system/network Infrastructure.
- Designed and implemented two Windows NT domains with trust relationship. Designed and plan and Upgraded MS NT 4.0 domains to Window 2000 Active Directory. Upgraded 2 Windows NT Domain into one Active Directory Domain/Tree/ Forest.
- Installed AD domain controller on every remote site. Configured site replication.
- Install 4 exchange servers 5.5. Move one of the exchange servers to a remote site using exmerge tools. Connect both exchange sites using site connector and dir sync.
- Moved MS Exchange servers 5.5 storage to XIOTEC SAN Storage Area Network with RAID 10.
- Perform Windows NT/2000 servers and Exchange server 5.5/2000 backup and restore with Veritas Backup Exec.
- Planned and executed Exchange server 5.5 upgrades to Exchange server 2000. Installed Exchange 2000 with cluster services over XIOTEC SAN . Installed exchange 2000 front-end server. Connect 2 Exchanges 2k routing group with routing group connector.
- Create a test lab to simulate and analyze windows 2000 active directory and exchange 2000 upgrades using an offline copy of NT domain and exchange 5.5.
- Document and Diagram NT Infrastructure and network infrastructure. Document NT/Exchange server disaster recovery.
- Configure Cisco 2500 and 2600 series routers connecting two offices through frame relay.
- Administered Checkpoint VPN/firewall1 4.1. Setup and configured Cisco VPN 5000 series concentrators with 3des encryption for connecting remote offices. Setup remote VPN clients with radius authentication.
- Enabled OSPF routing protocols. Setup corporate network with VLAN on Extreme Network summit series and alpine series layer 2 plus 3 switches and Cisco 5000 series switch with RSM.
- Monitoring use sitescope, windows network monitor and performance monitor.
- Setup Citrix MetaFrame 1.8. Create virtual desktop and virtual application over the Internet, Intranet and remote offices.
- Installed and configure DNS, DHCP, WINS, FTP, IIS and proxy 2.0 Server.
- Administered MS SQL 7 database for clarify applications.
- Install and configure Solaris 8 and Linux redhat for QA lab and training room, add user account and configured services.
- Installed Norton enterprise virus scans for exchange server 5.5/2000, NT server and clients.
- Hardware supported Compaq, Dell, HP hardware and XIOTEC Storage Area Network.
- Configured DSL, Cable Modem, ISDN and dialup access. Other support OS Windows 95, 98 and palm OS.
- Act as mentor to helpdesk and Provide helpdesk support.
- Managed and administer Cisco routers and switches.
- Administered NT 4.0 Domain Infrastructure and Novell 3.12 Networks. Setup NT Server, PDC, BDC, WINS, DNS, DHCP, and DHCP proxy, Transcend RAS, file server and print servers. Installed Novell Client on windows. Use Compaq hardware with RAID 5 on all NT servers.
- Install and configure Exchange server 5.5. Run Schedule maintenance to optimization Exchange server public and private database. Installed exchange site connector to exchange corporate hub and IMC connector to Internet. Replicate public folder. Perform NT/exchange server backup and restore with Arcserve.
- Configured Cisco Router with TCP/IP and IPX/SPX protocol. Maintain and update routing table. Apply IP and IPX Access control list. Part of a team to deployed three 5000 series Cisco switch over three campuses connected by dark fiber. Configured 5000 series switches with VLAN. Maintain 3com switches.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity, Dial Up connection, outlook, permission, server and client.
- Migrated Microsoft mail to Microsoft Outlook.
- Administered 400 NT Workstation clients, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 3.11 and Macintosh laptop and desktop. Support on Solaris workstation and PALM.