Over 25 years experience of a diverse IT background. Responsibilities included all aspects of system implementation including analysis, design, coding, hardware/software installation and end user training and systems integration between disparate platforms. Also, experienced in networking and security and open systems. Proven ability to apply the latest IT solutions to optimize project requirements. Keeps current with latest IT trends and software products.
- IBM 30xx mainframe Cisco Equipment
- Sun Servers 2900(x) series switches Juniper FW
- DELL Servers 3000(x) series switches NetScreen
- DEC/VAX 4510 chassis switch SRX 240
- 6506E/6509 chassis switch SonicWall FW
- 9300 Switch Checkpoint FW
- Nexus 3k, 5k, 9k switches Palo Alto FW training
- 2900/3900 series routers Forcepoint/WebSense
- PIX 515E VeloCloud:
- ASA 5510/5520/5505 510 , 840, 2000
- ASA 2110/2120 - FTD/FMC
- ASA 5506-X Rockwell switch:
- 5508 Wireless Controller Stratix (5700)
- Meraki FW
- Meraki Wireless
- Solaris 2.5 - 10 SCO-Unix
- Linux - Kali, Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntu AIX
- Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS Windows Server 2016/VMWare
- Perl/Python/C TCL/TK Shell Scripting (Bourne, Korn, Bash, C)
- Splunk EIGRP/OSPF Visio
- SNMP (network monitoring): SNMP command line
- SolarWinds/HP OpenView
- IPAM (SolarWinds)
- NPM (SolarWinds)
- NetFlow Analyzer (SolarWinds)
- NCM (Solarwinds)
- Responsible for separating WAN network in a newly created company from the old parent company. This entailed the following:
- Implementing SD-WAN (VeloCloud)
- Analyzing routing table on the Core and migrating away from the old MPLS to SD-WAN
- Coordinating carriers and circuit implementation
- Setting up redundant circuits at each location
- Creating/maintaining ACLs on the core (Nexus 9k)
- Creating Meraki wireless profiles
- Responsible for implementing network monitoring
- Installed SolarWinds
- Created all objects
- Wrote reports
- Setup all alerts
- Maintained UPS units (monitoring/alerting)
- Monitoring SD-WAN activity on the VeloCloud Orchestrator
- Responsible for going over all configs and ensuring best practices
- Documented entire network, mainly with Visio drawings
- Responsible for security of the network
- Scanned entire LAN (Nmap, Tenable Nessus) to identify potential issues
- Pen testing perimeter network (Tenable Nessus)
- Created rule base/site-to-site VPNs, local users, setup remote VPN
- IDS/IPS - SonicWall
- Installed/configured/maintained new networking gear across the enterprise/datacenters
- Worked on a team to migrating from Avaya phones to Cisco phones/Call Manager
- Upgraded all legacy Cisco switches to PoE switches (100+) across 3 petrochemical plants.
- Responsible for network security
- Hardened switches/routers for security
- Ensured configs conformed to best practices
- Participated in network assessments/vulnerability assessments
- Documented the entire enterprise network (Visio Drawings/SolarWinds)
- Maintained general network documentation (circuits, VLANs, configs, passwords)
- Migrated from legacy Cisco Catalyst core switches (3750) to Nexus 5K switches (Core) in the datacenter
- Participated in datacenter moves as well as setting up a brand new space and establishing connectivity.
- Maintained Core switches at all locations; created VLANs, configured EIGRP, static routes, spanning tree
- Ordered and supervised installation of all circuits from various carriers to all locations
- Upgraded PIX firewalls to ASA (5520, 5505)
- Upgraded ASA to Next Generation Cisco Firewalls (5506-X, 5521 - FTD) in the datacenters
- Created/maintained rule bases, site-to-site VPNs, Static NATs on all firewalls
- Worked with IDS/IPS in Cisco NG firewall
- Installed Juniper/SonicWall firewalls to protect the Process Control network at petrochemical plants
- Installed/upgraded/maintained SolarWinds
- Created/organized objects for monitoring items on the network
- Wrote reports
- Created dashboards for users in other parts of the business (restricted views)
- Wrote scripts as actions in response to alerts
- Created alerts for various events on the network
- Used Syslog/Traps Manager
- Custom Properties for objects
- Created Universal Device Pollers
- NetFlow Analyzer
- Wrote scripts on Linux platform to automate upgrade of IOS on switches.
- Automated backup of configs from all switches & routers
- Able to use tools to tie together disparate systems
- Wrote/maintained ACLs on core switches
- Created wireless LANs on Cisco 5508 wireless controller for internal users, guest users, scanners, Radius, etc.
- Maintained over 70 WAPs across the enterprise via Cisco 5508 controller
- Maintained Network Policy Server that worked in conjunction with Radius configs on switches
- Installed/configured Forcepoint
- Troubleshooting network issues as reported by Helpdesk
- Responsible for perimeter security using various firewalls
- Responsible for all phases of firewall setup - installing, hardening and patching OS, firewall software installed on various platforms.
- Participated in setting up network & security at national presidential political conventions.
- Basic penetration testing from outside the Chronicle to assess vulnerabilities (NMAP, SNORT).
- Worked with independent consultants/auditors to clear up any perceived security issues.
- Responsible for routing inside the Chronicle network (RIP V2).
- Experienced in various proxy servers (ISA, Netscape, Bluecoat, Squid).
- Experienced in building proof of concept labs separated from production network.
- Experienced in maintaining routes on Cisco core (Cisco 6513) and edge (Cisco 7507) routers and maintenance of Cisco switches (3550, 3750, 2950, 4948).
- Participated in building new networks in remote offices and build-out of new IDF closets and cabling.
- Responsible for monitoring network events such as bandwidth, intrusion detection and the health of Cisco equipment as well as packet analysis
- Responsible for troubleshooting connectivity thru the firewall and internal networks.
- Responsible for internal/external DNS
- Heavy use of PERL, writing clients and servers for various tasks
- Demographics for presidential elections
- Multi-threaded apps
- Wrote servers/clients
- Wrote the paging system in Perl
- FTP apps
- Responsible for installation of Tivoli Framework 3.2 in an interconnected TMR environment (4) and system administration of the SUN Servers.
- Installed applications for use with the Tivoli Framework (Remote Control, Inventory, Software Distribution, Distributed Monitoring, TEC).
- Responsible for troubleshooting problems with the Framework and applications. This includes using the various Tivoli tools and commands to resolve problems.
- Responsible for maintenance (installing patches, etc.).
- Wrote PERL scripts to automate tasks within the Tivoli environment.
- Responsible for installing BMC Patrol on all SUN servers.
- Set thresholds for certain parameters as dictated by the Systems Programmers.
- Good exposure to PSL (Patrol Script language).
- Responsible for upgrading BMC Patrol KMs.
- Good working knowledge of server-side programs and client side programs written in C using RPC on both, MVS and Unix platforms.
- Wrote Utilities in C (MVS) as requested by System Programmers.
- Wrote server scripts and the corresponding client scripts in Perl to get basic information from the Tivoli environment. These scripts used sockets functions to communicate between server and client.
- Used SNMP commands to get basic information from servers on the network.
- Used Basic Assembly Language on MVS to get basic information from control blocks.
- Responsible for analysis, coding, testing and implementation of client/server programs (Human Resources/Payroll) (V6 & V7 GUI).
- Converted V6 PROGRESS code to V7.
- Gathered system requirements from field users.
- Participated in training sessions of final product.
- Participated in development of a proposal application using PROGRESS (V7).
- Attended ORACLE training.
- Used Designer 2000/Developer 2000 while participating in an Oracle development project.
- Support and Maintenance of a Medical Waste barcode tracking application. This was a major stand-alone multi-user system installed in 20 districts throughout the country.
- System Administrator for XENIX (Unix) operating system.
- Programming - analysis, coding, testing and implementation of the necessary changes required to meet business needs. This was done in PROGRESS 4GL.
- Consulted field users, provide ad hoc reports and special request programs.
- Assisted in the development of barcode scanning programs written in Microsoft C. 6.0 for use in hand held portable data terminals.
- Provide on-call support for users.