- Experienced Systems Administrator with 8+ years experience supporting large scale UNIX and Microsoft networks.
- Experienced in analyzing, supporting and troubleshooting client/server configurations across heterogeneous networks.
- Accomplished in providing a high level of customer service and to end users.
- Energetic and self - motivated team player with a foundation of personal initiative, persistence and desire to meet technical and business challenges.
- Strong communication skills.
- Specialized in Network design and implementation, PC repair, upgrades, configuration and network connectivity.
- Network troubleshooting, performance monitoring and enhancements.
- Provide support for remote and local end-users.
- Database planning, design, implementation, connectivity and recovery.
- Network Management tool evaluation and implementation.
- Scripting using BASH Shell, DOS Batch files, ANT, PHP scripts and Windows Scripting Host for network management and support.
- Automated system builds using Kickstart, Jumpstart, Ghost and Ignite-UX.
- Data backup and recovery management using backup software.
- Purchasing of network hardware, software, File & Application Servers, PC parts, PDAs, Routers/Switches and office automation equipment.
- Ensured integrity of all network data through Virus Protection software and scheduled maintenance. Maintained network security standards.
Networking: TCP/IP, SMTP, NTP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, HTTP, NIS, SSH, SAMBA and X Windows, iSCSI
Applications: Veritas, Exceed, MS Office XP/2000, Visio, Outlook, Ghost and VNC
Hardware: HP 9000 Servers (Superdome, N-Class, A-Class, D-Class, rp 3400 Series), SUN Enterprise Servers (V100, v240,280R, V480, V880, etc), Compaq/HP Proliant Servers, Dell PowerEdge Servers and IBM eServers
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2003/2000/XP/NT/98, HPUX 11.0, Solaris 10,9,8, Linux (Redhat Enterprise 5 & 4,Centos,Debian,Suse)
Server Software: MySQL, IIS, Exchange 2000/5.5, SQL 2005/7.0, MC/ServiceGuard, Apache, Oracle 10g,9i,8i, Tomcat, Tuxedo, VMWare ESX Server WebSphere, NetBackup, Veritas Backup, Ignite-UX, KickStart, Jumpstart, Nagios
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
Sr. UNIX Engineer
- Production support for large enterprise LINUX/UNIX environment.
- Server and Application resource management.
- Vendor relationship management.
- New hardware and Server installs.
- Analyze and problem solve complex technical issues.
- Responsible for activities associated with new product evaluation, setting up and enforcement of new UNIX/LINUX standards, automation of routine/common administration tasks, collaborating with systems integrators/administrators on new product implementation and major product upgrades.
- Advanced UNIX administration skills for a variety of UNIX/Linux Variants .
- VMWare(ESXi) multiple environment support.
- On-Call support. Shell scripting.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
Data Center Engineer
- vSphere/vCenter/ESXi installation, configuration and maintenance. vCenter configuration.
- Virtual Machine (VM) setup and configuration. RHEL 5 installation, configuration and maintenance on IBM HS22 Blades and VM's. SAN, NFS, Multipathing and LUN configuration and setup.
- OS level and Blade firmware patching. Oracle 11g/10g installation and support.
- Shell scripting for maintenance and automation.
- RHEL 5 Users, Groups, resource management, performance Tuning and system troubleshooting.
- Weblogic setup, configuration and support.
- Firewall and Intrusion Detection.
Confidential, Alpharetta, Georgia
Operations Support Engineer
- Perform system integration and performance stress testing on proprietary Lottery systems.
- Provide 24/7 On-Call support in a production environment.
- Perform hardware installs and Operating system configurations in a heterogeneous datacenter.
- Maintain Technical documentation.
- Perform ESX Server installs, configuration and patching.
- Virtual Machine creation and management.
- Perform system level backups (OS and Lottery Systems).
- Windows 2003 and UNIX/LINUX setup, configuration, patching and troubleshooting.
- Communicate effectively with team members and Senior Management on technical issues.
Confidential, Marietta, Georgia
Data Center Engineer
- Install and configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Windows 2003, understand limitations of hardware, configure networking and file systems, configure the X Window System; configure security, set up common network (IP) services, carry out diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Setup and maintain Kickstart environment.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration including DR (Disaster Recovery) and backup.
- Monitor trouble ticket system for new issues and utilize ticket management software to monitor and track customer issues.
- Manage ESX 3.01 and Virtual Machine Server environment.
- Perform data backup and Disaster recovery.
- Manage Exchange Server and user accounts.
Confidential, Farmington Hills, Michigan
UNIX Systems Administrator
- Facilitate code deployment of application builds.
- Installed, maintained, configured, optimized software installations on Sun platform.
- Assist in testing efforts.
- Source Code management through the use of Subversion (CVS/SVN) repositories.
- JAVA Application, WebSphere, MySQL and Oracle support.
- Monitoring and configuration of SeeBeyond components.
- Schema deployment and status monitoring.
- Participation in On-Call-Rotation.
- Solaris and LINUX administration which included Patch, User and Resource Management.
- Tomcat installation and configuration.
Confidential, Ann Arbor, Michigan
UNIX Systems Administrator
- Monitored, troubleshoot, and repaired servers, peripherals, and network devices in a mixed Windows and Solaris environment.
- Performed system configuration, software installation and upgrades of Solaris and Win2000 systems acting as application server, web servers, database servers, and file servers providing problem resolution in a hosted environment.
- General administrative work for UNIX and Linux servers including Solaris 8 and 9, HP-UX 11.i, and Intel based Linux servers in a 365/24/7 Data Center supporting 3800 servers.
- Managed user accounts, storage space, system and database backups and configured printers.
- Monitoring and tuning system performance, troubleshooting Network and application problems.
- Perform system backup and recovery.
- Maintain data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Racked and installed HBAs and NICs into Enterprise-level Sun hardware running Solaris version 2.7, 2.8 and 2.9.
- Provide backend support for systems to internal Customer Support staff.
- Evaluate and install patches and service packs to resolve software-related problems.
Confidential, Montgomery, Alabama
- Responsible for server installations, configurations, testing and management of the operating systems and applications in a large scale 24/7 Production environment for over 150 HP, Sun, Compaq and Dell mid tier servers at Confidential and Confidential locations nationwide.
- Responsible for proactively monitoring system conditions to resolve potential troubles before they impact customer operations.
- Performs application administration to include privileges, user administration, performance tuning and backup/recovery processes.
- Manage Windows/UNIX client-server resources to include executive software management, backup and recovery, Logical Volume management, user services, security management, configuration management and application integration support for client-server platforms in a MC/ServiceGuard environment.
- Performed hardware maintenance, upgrades, and component-level troubleshooting on workstations and servers.
- Setup monitoring and auditing in order to enforce data security in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Logged application and network problems into a Remedy Trouble Management System.
- Evaluate reported customer problems and provide problem report and analysis as they occur.
- Follow processes, procedures, and hardware/software tools or utility suites such as Tivoli, HP Open View, etc., used by the Government in support of the Composite Health Care System II (CHCSII) project which generates and maintains comprehensive, life-long, computer-based patient records for each Military Health System beneficiary worldwide.
- Monitored the processing of HL7 messages in a Tuxedo/e*Gate environment.