- I am an experienced Senior AWS Cloud Engineer/Architect with over 15 years of experience in IT and 5 years in system administration, with strong hands - on (Engineering) experience in Cloud, DevOps, Systems and Security.
- Engineering -minded Technologist with a passion for cloud and Linux/Unix/AIX systems.
- Experience leading Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers with their digital transformation in the cloud.
- Extensively worked on Oracle 12c and 11g, Applications and Datawarehouse technologies on AIX, Linux, UNIX and Windows environments.
- Experienced in Migrating Oracle Customers Applications, Databases and Datawarehouse to AWS Cloud Space and Infrastructure, develop customers DevOps solutions for successful application deployment and just in time feature releases.
- Cloud e experience includes EC2 instances, S3, RDS, VPC, ELB, Terraform, CloudWatch and Elasticache.
- I have worked on multiple platforms, environments and industries spanning Finance, IT, Insurance and Tech sectors, with an ability to work both as an individual contributor and as a member of a team.
- Strong Technical Skills in AWS Services, Linux, Java, JSON, Oracle Databases.
- Experienced in Working with AWS services such as AWS S3, AWS EC2, AWS Glacier, AWS RDS, AWS VPC, AWS SNS, AWS SQS, AWS CloudWatch, AWS CloudFormation, AWS CloudFront, and AWS IAM.
- Hands-on AWS Cloud architecture with Manage and configure AWS services as per the business needs (ELB, SNS, EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, IAM, SNS, VPC, SES) Snowflake and Teradata.
- Configured and Managed Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) for fault tolerance and avoid single point of failure of applications and providing high availability.
- Deploy, monitor and manage applications in AWS cloud using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Solid Experience in creating scripted infrastructure using Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Experience in planning, designing, consulting, Implementation & technical skills in areas of AWS Cloud, Windows and Linux.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, technically competent and result-oriented with problem solving and leadership skills.
- Sound understanding of agile development and agile tools
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Migration of large data center using Live Partition Mobility (LPM) from Power 7 to Power 8 and from Power 6 to Power 7
- Migration from one Aix version to another
- Creating LPARs using HMC and installing operating systems and business applications.
- Creating VIO LPARs and its Clients LPARs.
- Upgrading HMC Software Version by downloading it from the IBM fix central
- Setup PowerHA and also configured and maintained it.
- EMC SAN storage. Zoning the switch and creating LUNs
- Shared Processors Pools design, implementation, and verification
- Shell Scripting such as Korn and bash.
- Aix Operating Systems Security Patching as part of a remediation process.
- Nagios configuration and setup
- Good knowledge in the implementation of Shared Processor Pool design.
- Experience in handling special and strategic projects by assembling various teams of subject matter experts, counseling other technical teams, and directing the entire team on developing completely new processes to increase the success rate and overall efficiency of the projects.
Operating Systems: Unix, Linux, Windows, AIX, RedHat, CentOS.
Area of Expertise: IAAS, PAAS, SAAS, VMWare, Redshift (Data Warehouse), ServiceNOW (ITSM), 12c Oracle Database.
Database and Database Utilities: Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, DynamoDB, Redshift SQL*Plus, SQL Work Bench, EC2
Programming Languages: Python, SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, PERL, JSON, Korn
Tools: VSCode, PyCharm, Putty, Tableau
Packages: VMWare, Oracle VM Virtual Box, MS Office, SSIS(ETL), CDH
Senior AWS Cloud (DevOps) Engineer/Architect
- Design, architect and develop highly-scalable applications and database platforms for web and multi-tier architectures on AWS.
- End-to-end automation from Continuous Integration (CI) to Continuous Delivery (CD) on AWS platform, Kubernetes/Docker containers.
- Develop scripts to manage Cloud Infrastructure using python or other frameworks for Cloud-native development.
- Responsible for analyzing automation requirements and code development.
- Participate in all phases of the product lifecycle, including design, development, and deployment
- Administering and maintaining J&J Cloud Accounts using Terraform.
- Design 3 tier web applications in using DevSecOps methodologies with multiple layers using Opsworks.
- Developing new technologies and standardizing Cloud services for the organization to consume.
- Automating repeatable processes using out of the box Terraform, AWS services, and other applications in house (Gitlab, Ansible, ServiceNow, Artifactory).
- Developing and maintaining our Terraform Modules, Cloud Formation Templates, Chef, and Artifactory Platforms.
- Building infrastructure as Code for the consumption of our DevOps pipelines using Gitlab CI and Docker, and enforce standards and best practices of the code itself
- Working with application teams and translating their requirements in to approved AWS Services, technologies, and J&J standards.
- Converting the above into actual architectural diagrams, considering existing infrastructure, security, and any regulatory requirements we may have.
- Establish, design, document, and execute fully automated CI/CD pipeline using Gitlab, Gitlab Actions and runner, Gitlab artifact repositories, and other tools.
- Author versioning standards to facilitate API and service management and execution in a containerized environment using AWS ECS and AWS EKS.
- Script IaC environments that are immutable and can be stood up and torn down on demand using Terraform
- Evaluate and recommend software, services, and integrations that add value and improve the organization
- Create logging and monitoring standards and implement them into the environment including integrations to tools in the cloud and on-prem using AWS Cloudwatch, Datadog, New Relic and Splunk.
- Create automated rollback and self-healing capabilities into the platform for fault tolerance and resiliency.
- Provide technical requirements for projects to ensure all solutions incorporate necessary DevOps requirements.
- Configured and install docker software, docker hub and docker clients for virtualization and containerization.
- Deploy applications and databases using AWS EKS using kops and eksctl for AWS Kubernetes
- Integrate AWS EKS clusters into Gitlab for Prod deployment of applications and databases into Pods.
AWS Cloud Engineer/Architect
- Recommended RDS best practice solutions to customers willing to migrate from on premise Oracle to AWS RDS Oracle.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java.
- Configured S3 buckets with various life cycle policies to archive the infrequently accessed data to storage classes based on requirement.
- Possessed good knowledge in creating and launching EC2 instances using AMI's of Linux, Ubuntu, RHEL, and Windows and wrote shell scripts to bootstrap instance.
- Used IAM for creating roles, users, groups and also implemented MFA to provide additional security to AWS account and its resources.
- Wrote cloud formation templates in json to create custom VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications.
- Implemented domain name service (DNS) through Route 53 to have highly available and scalable applications.
- Maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers using Cloud Watch service.
- Created EBS volumes for storing application files for use with EC2 instances whenever they are mounted to them.
- Experienced in creating RDS instances to serve data through servers for responding to requests.
- Created snapshots to take backups of the volumes and also images to store launch configurations of the EC2 instances.
- Wrote Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Acquired immense knowledge with configuration management tool Chef.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, wrote Recipes, and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server and managed AWS for EC2/S3 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks for installing Tomcat, JBoss, Nginx, WebLogic, WebSphere and for configuring load balancers and fail over.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT from scratch.
- Responsible for performing tasks like Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control Tools like SVN, GIT.
- Configured PowerHA on LPARs from crash making decisions for redundancy.
- Responsible for architecting, designing, implementing and supporting of cloud-based infrastructure and its solutions.
- Managed AWS infrastructure with automation and orchestration tools such as Chef.
- Proficient in AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling Groups (ASG), EBS, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFront and CloudTrail
- Experienced in creating multiple VPCs and public, private subnets as per requirement and distributed them as groups into various availability zones of the VPC.
- Created NAT gateways to allow EC2 instances communication from private instances to the internet through bastion hosts.
- Involved in writing Java API for Amazon Lambda to manage some of the AWS services.
- Used security groups, network ACLs, internet gateways and route tables to ensure a secure zone for organization in AWS public cloud.
- Created and configured elastic load balancers and auto scaling groups to distribute the traffic and to have a cost efficient, fault tolerant and highly available environment.
- Created S3 buckets in the AWS environment to store files, sometimes which are required to serve static content for a web application.
- Extended knowledge on PowerHA (HACMP) setup configuration and maintenance. Added storage and made changes.
- Made changes on the PowerHA cluster and synchronizing all nodes in the clusters.
- Made decisions on PowerHA redundancy for both Hardware requirements and Software requirements
- Installed and configured veritas cluster (VCS) on Linux platform making decisions for redundancy
- Made appropriate changes on VCS during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to reduce downtime.
- Worked with Operating systems Security Patches as part of remediation process. Obtained permission from servers’ owners and also obtained resources from the other teams like Database, Application that will be available for support/validation before and after Patching and rebooting the Servers.
- Build VIO servers using HMC with primary and secondary VIOS. Load the operating systems from the CD for the VIOs and use self-defined mksysb for the client’s servers. Also install from NIM Server
- Creating numerous LPARs on Pseries using HMC.
- Performance tuning on all the UNIX servers. Analyze the issues related to CPU, Memory, File systems, and disk space utilization. Generates graphs for performance reports and executive reports charts.
- Complete work on logical volume manager: Created volume groups, created file systems, extend volume groups, reduce volume groups, increase File systems, reduce file systems, mirrored rootvg, exportvg and importvg, and much more.
- Servers migration from one Frame onto another and Operating systems migration.
- Complete upgrade of the HMC Software version and microcode (firmware) upgrade of the frame and its LPARs.
- Day to day systems management including complete work on LVM, networking, users account, software installation, Paging Space, etc.
- Creating users with root’s privileges and users with limited root’s privileges called the sudo users
- Patching of Aix Servers: Obtaining authorization from business applications owners, created contacts with the support persons for bringing down applications before reboot and validating them after reboot.
- Firmware/Microcode upgrades from frame and then pushed out to LPARs.
- Created local accounts for all the AIX servers to be used in ServiceNow
- Configured Nagios and setup the threshold parameters for the performance related Parameters.
- Worked with Oracle Nodes eviction, SGA, vote disks, etc.
- Migrated from P6 to P7 and from Power7 to Power8 using Live Partition Mobility and Configured Shared Processor Pools to meet Processors License Compliance and reduce cost of CPU cores.
- AIX software installation and maintenance (new and complete overwrite BOS installation from CD, Non-prompted new and complete overwrite BOS installation from CD, Clone a rootvg using alternate disk installation, configure network installation manager (NIM) using EZNIM, install a client using NIM, Create a system backup (mksysb) to tape, clean up a failed software installation, install AIX on a partition using HMC and a CD-ROM device, install AIX on a partition without an HMC and a CD-ROM device).
- Wrote Shell scripts using programming such as Korn and bash scripting
- Work with Network File Systems and troubleshooting it when necessary.
- A complete work of AIX System Administrator responsibilities; including users with the command line interface, WSM and SMIT, Aix files, permission bits, disk mirroring, roles, backup media, LVM, System resources: track the status of active processors, scheduled resources, error-logging process, performance monitoring and tuning, creating volume groups of different sizes.
- Responsible for bringing up systems to a stable running state so that tests can be ran on them. Complete work on setups and patching into the network.
- TCP/IP initialization, starting and stopping TCP/IP daemons, IP addressing, gateways, and subnet masks, network configuration files.
Desktop Support Technician
- Responded to request for technical assistance in person via phone and remotely for the following technologies: Windows and Mac OS.
- Assisted the Help Desk Manager in supervising training and mentorship of interns.
- Installed and updated software’s as required by the IT department.
- Installed SAP, SAS and other specialty software’s.
- Supported end users with Laptop and desktop problems.
- Troubleshot network and printing issues, calling support when necessary.
- Helped management in other administrative issues as needed.