- Driven and resulted with 7+ years of experience as DevOps & Cloud Engineer, Build and Release Engineer, Linux system administrator in solving the typical problems and deployment operations required in different environments and supporting development. Good hands on experience by dealing with entire CICD process, Docker containerization, SCM tools, cloud computing and data base management. Delivered a successful delivery in every project.
- Knowledge in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2, S3, Route 53, Amazon VPC, Application, Elastic Load Balancing, Redshift, Cloud Formation, Security Groups, SNS and Lambda Functions.
- Proficiency in using build tools like Maven and Ant for the building of deployable artifacts such as war, rar, jar & exe from source code. Worked on production in large environments using configuration management tools like Chef and Puppet.
- Built Architecture based upon Microsoft Azure PaaS Services and setup Azure Hybrid Connection to pull data from SAP Systems.
- Worked on Continuous Integration and Build Automation using Jenkins, Bamboo. Written shell, Perl, Bash, Groovy and Python scripts to automate the deployments. Worked with Blue Green and Canary deployments.
- Integrated Jenkins to automate the build process as a part of continuous delivery. Expertise in all areas of Jenkins like Plugin Management, Securing and scaling Jenkins, integrating Code Analysis, Micro services / APIs, Performances Issues, Analytics and Test Phases to complete the CI/CD pipelines within Jenkins.
- Developed procedures to unify streamline and automate applications development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker swarm. Experience with master - minion architecture for Docker container orchestration using Kubernetes. Deployed & maintained prod environment using AWS EC2 instances and ECS with Docker.
- Developed and deployed Ansible, Chef & Puppet based on their cookbooks, recipes, manifest and roles. Experience on developing cookbooks for the automation of software installation and configuration of customer infrastructures.
- Created clusters in Google Cloud and manage the clusters using Kubernetes(k8s). Using Jenkins to deploy code to Google Cloud, create new namespaces, creating docker images and pushing them to container registry of Google Cloud.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as a Code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation. Written Terraform templates, Chef cookbooks pushed them onto Chef for configuring EC2 Instance. Solved Gateway time issue on ELB and moved all the logs to S3 Bucket by using Terraform.
- Installed and Setup Git Repository (Version Control System) at client side. Deployed using Ansible and Jenkins to complete provision and manage EC2 instances and S3. Created Ansible playbooks for installing Nginx, Apache (Tomcat) web servers, MySQL DB server and WordPress (Content management tool). Hands on experience with different Artifactory Repositories like Nexus, Jfrog.
- Installed and setup Web Server (Apache Tomcat, JBoss), DB Server (MySQL, NoSQL). Extensive Knowledge and hands-on experience implementing PaaS, IaaS, SaaS style delivery models inside the Enterprise (Data center) and in Public Clouds using like AWS, Google Cloud, and Kubernetes etc.
- Worked on running SQL database scripts used as part of build and deployment processes in data base like DynamoDB and MongoDB. Used NOSQL database in Amazon dynamo DB to store data of reporting application. Worked on Splunk, Nagios and CloudWatch to monitor critical system health, performance, security, disk usage etc.
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Operating systems: Linux (RedHat), WINDOWS, UNIX, Ubuntu
Scripting Languages: Groovy, Python, Perl, Shell, Bash, YAML, Power Shell Scripts, GoLang
Web/AppServers: Apache, Nginx, Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, Jboss, WebSphere, LAMP, JettyOpenID
Project/ Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, IBM Clear Quest, Crucible, Kibana, POSTMAN
Automation Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt-Stack, CFEngine
Networking: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, LDAP
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, TeamCity, UDeploy
Monitoring Tools: Cloud Watch, Nagios, Splunk, ELK Stack, Dynatrace, Zenoss, Ops View
Virtualization/Container: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere, VMware
Database: MongoDB, Cassandra DB, Oracle DB.
Confidential, Cincinnati, Ohio
Sr. Azure/DevOps Engineer
- Configured the kick start file for spinning the server in the Client Systems. Using Ansible Tower for spinning up the servers and to install the Ansible playbooks into the Client Systems.
- Installed the required packages like git, maven, ntp, chrony, kexec-tools, opensacp, opensacp scanner, scap-security gude, unzip, curl, openssh-server, psmisc port ranges, sever count etc via “Roles” in Ansible Playbooks.
- Worked with Kibana, Grafana, Dynatrace, Echo for collection of data, logs, log errors. Using Dynatrace for seeing the logs for on-perm data, Kibana for monitoring the data for on-perm data.
- Created and Tested Android Code in Android Code. Extracted the Apk for the mobile to use in the Stores.
- Working with “KUSTO” query language for seeing the logs in the AppInsights. To see the logs from different region and collecting the data from the logs.
- Working on setting up the AppCenter for collection of logs of the used data when the user is logged in. Integrating the AppCenter with the Android application to collect the data.
- Created continuous integration from source control, setting up build definition within Azure DevOps and configure continuous delivery to automate the deployment of spring boot applications to Azure Function apps.
- Participating in technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered using Azure release pipelines. Created Yaml based release pipelines for deploying our applications into production with approval checks.
- Automated the Azure DevOps pipelines from building the packages to deployments by archiving, zipping, pushing to Azure artifacts and cutting a release in GitHub.
- Involved in creating the customized Agents for building the pipelines with various depended packages and integrated with the dev portal. Created the firewall rules in azure for deploying the applications from Azure Devops.
Environment: - GitHub, Gitlab, Grafana, Teamcity, Kusto, Dynatrace, VS-Code, putty, Oracle VM Box, Android Studio, YAML, Ansible Playbooks, Ansible Tower
Sr. AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Configured and maintained scalable architecture in AWS by using services like Amazon EC2, Auto- Scaling, S3, Route53, IAM, VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB, Cloud Trail, Elastic Cache, Glacier, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front and EMR. Created Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS).
- Implemented Infrastructure as A Code (IaaS) style delivery models inside the Enterprise (Data center) and in Public Cloud using like AWS, Azure and Kubernetes etc.
- Wrote Python scripts for totally automation of AWS services which include web servers, ELB, Cloud front distribution, EC2, security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration.
- Implemented data warehouse solutions in AWS Redshift. Worked on various projects in migration of data from one database to AWS Redshift. Set up AWS Security Groups which behave as Virtual firewalls controlling the traffic by allowing it to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Implemented AWS Code Pipeline and Created Cloud formation using JSON templates in Terraform for infrastructure as code. Created Terraform scripts to provide application load balancers in AWS and to create and delete S3 buckets. Worked in interpolating files & modules of created Jenkins jobs containing Terraform code.
- Provided consistent environment by using Kubernetes for scaling and load balancing of application from development through production. Deployed the code into pipeline by implementing Docker containerization.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, and worked on Docker container for snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes and experience with Docker container service. Developed procedures to unify streamline and automate applications development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker swarm.
- Lead implementation of Azure Active Directory for single sign-on access to thousands of cloud SaaS applications.
- Created and deployed VMs on the Microsoft cloud service Azure, created and managed the virtual networks to connect all the servers and designed ARM templates for Azure platform.
- Configured three types of blobs, block blobs, page blobs, and append blobs in Azure for storing a large amount of unstructured object data such as text or binary data, that can be accessed from anywhere via HTTP or HTTPS.
- Worked on Azure Fabric, Microservices, IoT & Docker containers in and involved in setting up Terraform continuous build integration system. Used Azure Internal Load Balancer to provide high availability for IaaS VMs & PaaS role instances.
- Worked on Jenkins build pipeline jobs using groovy script and job DSL plugin for deploying applications based on Java. Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server.
- Worked with Jenkins to support various Java builds. Installed Jenkins plugins to automate continuous builds for publishing Docker images to the Git repository.
- Developed interactive web application using pure java script application framework and created Java API to interact with the Amazon SQS for sending bulk emails. Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers for continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMI’s. used by all application deployments including Auto Scaling and Cloud Formation Scripts.
- Automated maintenance plan jobs in SQL Server agent and task scheduler such as shrinking database, backup database, index rebuilding, creating filtered indexes, index reorganizing, cleaning up, and updating statistics.
- Used GitHub as a version control tool to preform programs check-out and check-in to the repository. Set up the Linux cron jobs for automating various build related jobs and application data synchronization jobs.
- Implemented Cloud Watch as main monitoring service for checking the status of servers. Used custom alarm's in CloudWatch to create dashboards in Splunk applications monitor.
Environment: - Amazon EC2, ELB, S3, Elasticsearch, Lambda, Terraform, Chef Server Enterprise, Ansible playbook, ruby, AWS Code Pipeline, Jenkins, Node.js, .NET, Docker, Kubernetes, JSON, Logstash and Kibana (ELK), Cloud Formation Scripts, PaaS, SaaS, Python scripts, Nagios, Spunk. ELB, SNS, SQS
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Azure DevOps Engineer
- Cloud Administrator on Microsoft Azure, involved in configuring virtual machines, storage accounts, resource groups. Created VM’s in Microsoft Azure (IaaS) for migrating Virtual Machines and applications from cloud premises to Azure. Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Worked on CloudFront to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers. Created LTA (Logical Technical Architecture) diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Worked on Azure Container Service to deploy Kubernetes cluster in Docker Containers. Deployed Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) in managing CI/CD for containerized applications to serverless Kubernetes.
- Design, planning and implementation for existing On-Prem applications to Azure Cloud (ARM). Worked with web application using OpenID connect and Azure Active Directory. Designed and Implemented WCF services layer hosted on Windows Azure as the layer is the middle tier between SQL Azure and SharePoint online external content.
- Configured and deployed Azure Automation Scripts for applications which are utilizing the Azure stack for Compute, Web and Mobile, Blobs, Resource Groups, Azure Data Lake, HDInsight Clusters, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL and ARM Services and utilities focusing on Automation.
- Designed a fast DR solution using Azure Cloud ARM templates and PowerShell scripts. Used Postman to integrate with Rest API to develop, test and document by using JSON format. Implemented various resources in Azure using Azure Portal, PowerShell on Azure Resource Manager (ARM) deployment models. Experience deploying Infrastructure as Code applications using ARM Templates (JSON).
- Created Docker Swarm using Docker CLI to Orchestrate, schedule and deploy the services to Swarm and managed the behavior by creating virtual networks. Conducted Dry-Run tests to ensure fool- proof execution of customized scripts before execution in production environments.
- Worked on Ansible deployments, written various Ansible chief recipes, cookbooks, playbooks with multiple roles, tasks with loops, templates, service management, host variables, group variables etc.
- Built scripts in shell for Maven builds and integrated Maven with Jenkins to run the automate build process as a part of continuous delivery. Worked in converting build.xml into pom.xml in order to build the applications using Maven.
- Provided quick solution to Azure teams for self-servicing data maintenance operations, which uses Apache Master Data Services. Configured and setup SQL Server Master Data Services (MDS) for self- serving data maintenance across different teams.
- Used Chef Server Enterprise on premise, workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by writing Chef Recipes in Cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec. Deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana for log analytics, full text search and used application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Worked on Splunk as monitoring tool and good understanding on Kibana. Configured Splunk forwarder to send unnecessary log events to "Null Queue".
Environment: -Microsoft Azure, Maven, Azure Container Services, LDAP, Zabbix, Kibana, Azure SQL Database, SQL Server, Power Shell Scripts, MYSQL, Docker, Python, Null Queue, New Relic, Splunk Integration/configuration