- To assume responsibility for the management of the Information Technologies infrastructure of a progressive and dynamic organization. My position should encompass the primary support, development, deployment & resource - management of my employers’ data, voice, server, client, storage, security, purchasing, licensing, contract and IT staffing needs. Constant exposure to new technologies and a need for continuous task-necessitated learning and teaching are of utmost importance.
IT Management: IT Purchasing, Licensing & Contract Management; IT Staffing & Contractor Management; IT Support Outsourcing Management; Vendor Relationship Management (goods, licensing and services); Backup & Disaster Recovery Planning & Implementation; WAN/LAN/WLAN Support & Topology Development; Internal & External Network Security; Systems Availability Assurance Methodology; Remote Access & VPN Management; Documentation of Systems, Policies, Procedures & Practices; User Orientation, Support and Training.
Software/Applications: Microsoft Active Directory; Microsoft Exchange through v2010; WIN32 & 64 Client and Server OS’s (Windows Server 2008, 2003, 2000; Windows 7, Vista, XP); SharePoint Portal Server; Microsoft ISA Server 2004; Microsoft IIS (through v7); Microsoft SQL Server 2005; VMWare (Workstation through v8.x, Server v2.x, ESXi through v5.x, Lab Manager); Disk/System Imaging (Windows Deployment Services, Acronis, Ghost, Paragon, Clonezilla); Corporate-grade Client/Server AV (Symantec, ESET, Kaspersky, McAfee); Microsoft Office Suite (through 2010); Cisco IOS; Windows Data Protection Manager, Veritas Backup Exec; 3rd Party SSL Certificate Management.
Hardware: x86 Desktops, Laptops and Servers; Nortel Meridien Option 11c PBX; Cisco VPN 3005; Catalyst 2900 & 2600 series; Cisco PIX Firewall, ASA 50x0 series; HP Networked (JetDirect) Printing Devices; Cybex KVM; APC UPS; SonicWall Firewall, Router and Intrusion Detection Devices; Symantec Gateway Security 400 Series.
Networking: 10/100/1000Mbps Networking; Dedicated Data T1, Fractional T1, Flex T1, ISDN, DSL, Cable, Dedicated Voice T1 (BRI), Flex Voice T1; VPN Connectivity (Cisco VPN 3005, SonicWall, Windows RRAS); Wireless (802.11a, b, g & n); Remote User Home Network (SOHO) Support; IP public Class “C” and private IP address management; Windows AD; TCP/IP, DDNS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS, IAS, IIS, pop3, SMTP, IMAP, NAT, CIFS, SSH, SSL, Kerberos, VPN, RADIUS.
Mass Storage: EMC VNXe 3300; NetApp F740 NAS; Windows DFS; Windows EFS; CIFS, NFS & iSCSI; RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 1-0, 0-1; Quantum Snap Servers.
Senior Systems Administrator
- Working with MS support (up to tier 3, and then on to the AD & Exchange Development teams), I attempted to resolve several AD & messaging issues which were having a negative impact on VFA’s AD & Exchange environments. MS determined that VFA’s issues could not be resolved, and so recommended the deployment of and migration to a new AD & Exchange environment. With the assistance of several of VFA’s other Senior System & Network administrators, I designed, built & deployed a new AD and Exchange 2010 environment in parallel to the existing environment.
- Based on my assessment of several migration products, the NetIQ migration suite of Migration Administration tools was selected for user, server, client and messaging services migration.
- I was solely responsible for project planning, and coordination of all phases of the aforementioned migration work.
- Numerous challenges presented themselves along the way, and all were successfully resolved with the assistance of MS support and NetIQ. As of May 4th 2012, 200+ user, 200+ client systems, 50+ production and development servers, & all user and auxiliary mailboxes & messaging services will have been successfully migrated to the new AD & Exchange environment.
Manager, Information Technologies
- Designed and implemented the corporate Active Directory infrastructure, including the migration from the NT4 domain structure. Deployed and administered Exchange 2000.
- Selected, acquired and deployed the Nortel Meridien Option 11c enterprise level PBX.
- Selected, acquired and deployed the Network Appliance F740 NAS storage device; provided ongoing support; ensured availability. Attended the NetApp SysAdmin and Advanced SysAdmin training program in November of 2002.
- Developed and supported the corporate VPN topology via deployment of Cisco 3005 VPN concentrator.
- Budgetary management for an organization expecting tremendous growth (600% in 18 months). As such, restraints on procurement were minimal, though we did have a rigorous proposal and purchase procedure.
- Managed internal and external voice and data connectivity issues, including carrier contracts and problem resolution.
- Developed, maintained and deployed numerous system images for various hardware platforms in order to ensure standardized systems, ease of turn - around, and speedy disaster recovery.
- Provided 24/7 on call status for all critical systems, including remote access, storage, and network services.
- Selected, purchased, acquired, deployed and maintained all corporate IT assets.
- Reported directly to the VP of Engineering, managed daily tasks and activities of 1 full time employee, 1 contractor, and 1 intern.
- Planned for and developed process, policy and procedure for predicted staff growth of 600%. Developed scalable methodologies, secured tools and resources to accomplish these goals.