- Detailed Network Engineer proudly offering over 20 years' experience in system repair and technical support. An enthusiastic employee with knowledge in LAN and WAN infrastructure planning and deployment. Skilled in task prioritization, project oversight and effective communication.
- Root cause analysis
- Network support
- Failure resolution
- Recruiting and Hiring
- Process development and implementation
- Cisco Routers / switches / wireless
- Palo Alto
- Network Security
- LAN and WAN administration
- Security solutions
- Radius / Tacacs
- Cisco ISE
Network Operations Manager
- Hired as Network Security engineer, later promoted to Sr Network Engineer, then promoted to Network Operations Manager in 2018
- Delivered network technology training to junior team members and end - users, enhancing knowledge base and team productivity
- Managed Global network with over 30 locations
- Updated department documentation such as license databases, infrastructure maps and FAQs to maintain consistent response levels
- Recruited, hired and trained all staff, providing direct supervision, ongoing staff development and continuing education to employees
- Saved $40,000 by implementing Multiyear support contract initiatives and creating fresh new approaches to long-standing problems
Sr DevOps Engineer
Confidential - Scotts Valley, CA
- Configured and maintained several network monitoring and utility platforms to support development and production of the product.
- Installed high capacity network disk storage and created iSCSI connections from various types of platforms.
- Monitored / configured and deployed the product in EXSi.
- Administered local AD and LDAP authentication services for Cisco VPN and local desktop services.
- Consolidated 3 geographically diverse data centers into one with small well managed outage of services. Saving the company over $50,000 a year.
- Designed and implemented entire new Data Center network from the ground up accounting for connectivity to the internet as well as remote offices and remote workers.
Confidential - Salt Lake City, UT
- Supported client on-boarding and network upgrades to existing systems
- Worked with customers to setup VPN connections into the trading applications.
- Upgraded and worked with Thompson Reuters to replace aging network and saved the company 60,000 in circuit costs.
- Created firewall rules and checked them for accuracy as well installing rules and verifying that they functioned as expected.
- Updated various technical documents to hand over to support for monitoring and production.
- Assisted with site power down's for buildings and verification for power ups, as well as addressing any failed network equipment.