- Expertise in Azure Development and worked on Azure web application, App Services, Azure storage, Azure SQLDatabase, Virtual Machines, Fabric Controller, Azure AD, Azure Search, and Notification Hub.
- Experience in migrating the existing v1 (Classic) Azure infrastructure into v2 (ARM), scripting and templating the whole end to end process as possible. Configuring the Azure Load Balancer to Load balance incoming traffic to VM’s.
- Strong Experience in Administration and Troubleshooting of AzureIAAS Components (VM, Storage, VNET, OMS, NSG, Site to Site VPN, RBAC, Load Balancers, Availability Sets). Experience in creating PaaS Builds, PaaS Deployments, Storage - Accounts, Queues, CDN, Azure Service Bus.
- Experience in designing AWS cloud models for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IAAS), and Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS).
- Hands on experience in writing Terraform API modules to manage infrastructure, for automatic creation of RDS instances, VPCs, Autoscaling groups, Load balancers, SQS, S3 buckets.
- Extensive experience on AWS services like ELB, EC2, S3, VPC, NACL’s, CloudFormation, Route53,CloudWatch Network Connectivity troubleshooting, Hybrid Environments and VPCpeering.
- Experience in Infrastructure on AWS using IAM, API Gateway, CloudTrail, Cloud Watch, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), AWSKinesis, Lambda, NACL, Elastic Beanstalk, Redshift,andCloudFormation.
- Experience in Google Kubernetes Engine GKE, Google App Services for deploying microservices in different environment.
- Experience on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) GCE instances, assigning IAM for projects, integrating different GCP tools Big Query, Storage SQL, TPU, GPU, Kubernetes cluster in GKE.
- Experience in Kubernetes Replication controllers to allow multiple pods such as Jenkins Master server in multiple regions andmanaged with Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Experience in Building and deploying the application code using CLI of Kubernetes called Kubectl, Kubelet, Kubeadm, Kubespray and Schedule the jobs using KubeScheduler. Managed K8s charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications.
- Expertise with Docker images using a Docker file, worked on container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes. Orchestration of Docker images and Containers using Kubernetes by creating master and node.
- Extensively worked on AnsiblePlaybooks, Inventory files, Vault feature to configure the servers, deploy software, encryption of data file & orchestrate continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates. Worked on Ansible Tower which provides an easy-to-use dashboard, &role-based access control.
- In Depth knowledge in writing the Ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format.
- Extensively worked on ChefRoles, Cookbooks, Recipes, Templates, Resources, Attributes&Data bags. Proficient in the setup of Chef servers, workstations & bootstrapping infrastructure Chef nodes for configuration management.
- Expertise in using Chef attributes, Chef templates, Chef recipes and Chef files for managing the configurations across various nodes, build, design and maintain the platform automation using Chef and Involved in setting up Chef Workstation, Nodes, Cookbooks, and Recipes using Ruby Scripting.
- Created a CI/CD for building and deployingJava and .net applications in aMicro services Architecture Environment using Jenkins.Used Jenkins with SonarQube to get the better quality of the Source code.
- Experience in working with Jenkins CI tool with build automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle& for thebuilding of deployable artifacts (JAR, WAR&EAR, EXE) from source code.
- Experience in working with the ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana) stack &Splunkto analyze & visualize large volumes of log data obtained from servers.
- Strong experience in installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of RedHat Linux, SUSE Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS,Windows Servers and customizing the Kickstart and Jumpstart scripts to automate the installation of various servers used for various internal projects.
- Strong Hands-on experience in development, testing, and production environment using SQL, PL/SQL procedure, python, Ruby, PowerShell and shell scripts and managed to host the server like Tomcat.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, & monitoring using Shell,Bash,PowerShell, Java, Python, YAML, Ruby&Perl scripts.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like TCP, SMTP, HTTP, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH, and SAMBA.
- Experience in creating shared Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with different tags in a single GCP project and using the same in all the projects and Knowledge on GKE service deployments in GCP.
Cloud: AWS, OpenStack, Azure, GCP.
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Build Tools: Ant, Bamboo, Gradle
Container Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos
Version Control Tools: GIT, TFS, BitBucket
Monitoring Tools: Nagios,Splunk, NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana&Graylog,ELK
Databases: My SQL, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB), Cassandra
IAAC: Terraform, Cloud Formation, ARM Templates
Application Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBOSS 4.22.GA, WebSphere 7.x/8.x
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat, CENTOS), Unix,Ubuntu 13/14 Windows 8, 10 MacOS.
Virtualization Tech: VMware, Virtual box
Scripting: Perl, Python, YAML, Ruby, Bash, Shell, PowerShell, JSON.
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Configured Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, DHCP address blocks, Azure network settings, DNS settings, security policies and routing. Also, deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure Virtual Networks and subnet.
- Created AzureAutomationAssets, Graphical runbooks, PowerShell runbooks that will automate specific tasks, deployed AzureADConnect, configuring ADFS authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect.
- Configured GKE cluster orchestration with microservices application deployment in several nodes and pods, autoscaling, logging and monitoring. Googleappservice for the Java and python based microservice application deployment and updates.
- Providing day to day developer support to Azure customers by resolving escalated, complex technical customer issues on the Azure PaaS Services and delivering Azure Technical Support against CPE and workflow efficiency/SLA targets
- Performed Trail Runs for programs and software Applications, web applications in the Azure portal with the Chaos-monkeyTool to produce the desired information which the instructions are correct.
- Deployed Windows and Linux based Docker containers with popular container orchestrators like Kubernetes and DCOS provisioned by the Azure Container Service and integration of container registries, specifically DockerHub and the Azure Container Registry into DevOps workflows.
- Created pods and services using Master and Minion architecture of Kubernetes and developed microservices build by integrating Jenkins with Docker container using Cloudbees,Docker pipeline plugin, leveraging Python allowing for creation and maintenance build jobs and used Kubernetes to deploy services.
- Worked on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfiguringMaps, selector services and deployed application containers as Pods. In order to provide securednetwork connectivity to the containers we used Calico. Responsible for build and deployment automation using Docker, Kubernetes containers.
- Provisioning servers/instances using infrastructure as code such as Terraform and CloudFormation. Code is stored in a private repository and constantly updated.
- Created Kubernetes cluster with objects like Pods, Deployments, Services and Config Maps and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetesmanifest files and Helm packages and implemented Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Dockercontainers with multiple namespace versions.
- Developed Ansible playbooks, inventories and custom playbooks in YAML, and encrypted the data using Ansible Vault and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower and Implemented IT orchestration using Ansible to run tasks in a sequence which can work on different servers.
- Managed to Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide Continuous Automated builds based on polling the Git source control system during the day and periodically scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, Git.
- Implemented Python Scripts using stranded libraries for getting all the agent logs (Inventory, Remote connections, Network usage and performance counters) from the flavors of LINUX.
- Worked on testing, evaluation & troubleshooting of MongoDB&CassandraNOSQL database systems & cluster configurations to ensure high availability in various crash scenarios.
- Worked on Nagios and ELK for server monitoring, also used Net Scalar and monitoring tools like Nagios for Load Balancing and Controlling Flow of Traffic.
- Experience in JIRA for ticketing and as well as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub, Maven.
- Build Data Sync job on Windows Azure to synchronize data from SQL 2012 databases to SQL Azure as well as in installation, configuration & administration of Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 Servers and Microsoft Visual Studio, used GIT HUB or source control, data collection, reporting, and project tracking.
Environment: RedHat Linux 7.x, CentOS 5.x, 6.x, 7, AWS, Azure, Elasticsearch, Logstash& Kibana (ELK),ansible, Jenkins, Ruby, Shell, TFS, JIRA, Python, Oracle, WebLogic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat, Apache Mesos, Docker, Kubernetes, Virtualization, Apache HTTP server, Nginx, Nexus, Java, .Net, LDAP, JDK1.7,GitHub/Bitbucket.
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Created and Managed AWS environment with HA and used the features EC2, VPC, IAM, ELB, EBS, SNS, cloud watch, S3, creating AMIs and snapshots, RDS, creating security groups, Subnets and Storage Gateway.
- Migrated an On-premise VMware DC to AWS using Lift and shift methods.
- Worked as a DevOps Engineer for a team that mainly worked closely with many proprietary tools and Open source tools like Jenkins, Gerrit, AWS, JIRA, etc. Used for development and deployment of internal tools and programs.
- Monitored and maintained the AWSS3buckets which contained all the packets of each build. Each packet had metadata files which were extracted to proceed with the flash testing.
- Configured and maintained the AWS Lambda function to trigger when there is a Jenkins build kicked off, which internally gets stored on AWS S3 bucket for everybody to access. Created Route53 to route traffic between different regions. Worked withSecurity groups&Network ACLs.
- Managed data warehouse using Amazon RedShift to analyze all data using SQL& existing business intelligence tools. Converted existing AWS infrastructure to serverless architecture (AWSLambda, Kinesis) deployed via Terraform&AWSCloud formation.
- To trigger changes made in AWSDynamo DB integrated it with Lambda, created Cron jobs for initiating our daily batch data pulls, executing our continuous integration tests done under Jenkins& backup the Dynamo DB streams.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications. Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Hands-on experience on implementing Cloud Solutions using various AWS Services including EC2, VPC, S3, Glacier, EFS, AWSKinesis, Lambda, Directory Services, CloudFormation, Ops works, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, DataPipeline, DynamoDB, Redshift.
- Worked with Scheduling, deploying and managing Container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes and worked with building Kubernetes run time environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy in our open source platform.
- Worked on setting up Jenkins as a service inside the Kubernetes cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the Dockercontainers deployment without using configuration management tool.
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual process. Setup and maintained automated environment using Chef Recipes within AWS environment. Good understanding of Knife, Chef Bootstrap process etc.
- Implemented ChefRecipes for Deployment to build an internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified the same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Installed and used Chef Server enterprise on-premise, workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using Knife command. Created various Roles& Environments& used Chef Handlers for auto kick-off requirement jobs.
- Involved in Setting up Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK)Created AWS Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for instance RDP/SSH logon, worked with teams to lock down security groups.
- Used Kibana and Elastic search to identify the Kafka message failure scenarios and Implemented reprocessing of failure messages in Kafka using offset id.
- Designed an ELK (Elastic Logstash Kibana) system to monitor and search enterprise alerts and configured ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using Logstash to output data to AWSS3. Terminated SSL on to Nginx to remove overhead on API servers.
- Developed AWSLambda functions in Python to automate AWS Cloud Watch Scheduled Events between services like AWS SNS and AWS SES to deliver notifications regarding AWS EC2 instances to the team.
- Implemented JIRA to track all issues pertaining to the software development lifecycle &integrated JIRA with repositories of GIT to track all code changes.
- Developed PowerShell scripts to automate the project creation, setting permissions for users, groups in TFS. Developed automation scripting in Python using Chef to deploy & manage Java .Net applications across Linux/Windows servers.
- Worked with Red Hat Linux kernel, memory upgrades, and swaps area. Installed RedHat Linux using Kickstart&Sun Solaris withJumpStart. Configured DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS in Sun Solaris 8, 9& other Network Services.
Environment: Amazon Web Servers (AWS), OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven/ANT,GIT, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK), Java, .Net, JIRA, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, MongoDB, Linux/RHEL, Vagrant, Active Directory, LDAP, VMWare Servers, Windows, PowerShell, Ruby, YAML, Kafka, Shell, Bash, Python, terraform.
AWS Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Configured and managed various AWS services including EC2, RDS, VPC, S3, Glacier, CloudWatch, CloudFront, ELB, SNS, SQS, SWF and Route 53.
- Created S3 buckets, defined lifecycle policies, configured object versioning an GIT Event Notification for S3 bucket.
- Designed AWS cloud formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications and database templates.
- Implemented cloud services AWS and implemented Bash, Perl, Python Scripting.
- Designed and Developed AWS Cloud infrastructure utilizing Ansible with AWS CloudFormation and Jenkins for Continuous Integration with high availability and secure multi-zones and automated end-to-end transit hub connectivity resource deployment in AWS via Terraform.
- Created and maintained various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker.
- Experienced with deployment automation of all the microservices to pull the image from the private Docker Registry and deploy to Docker Swarm Cluster using Ansible.
- Extensively worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes, and Chef Files for managing and configurations across various nodes.
- Managed Chef Server in pushing the infrastructure change to client nodes, monitoring the logs and security.
- Created CI/CD pipeline and configured all the build credentials and users in Jenkins.
- Managed the Maven repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects
- Performed WebLogic Server administration tasks such as installing, configuring, monitoring and performance tuning on Linux environment.
- Installed and configured the Apache Tomcat Application servers for Dev and Integration test environments. Automated the process of deployment to Apache Tomcat Application servers by deploying Perl Scripts and Python Scripts.
- Configured and administered JMS Server, Connection Factory, Topic/Queue, File Store, and Database Store and Distributed Destinations, JNDI, JDBC Connection Pools, Multi Pools and Data Sources on Web Logic Server.
- Installed, configured, and maintained Tomcat Application Server 7.x/6.x/5.x on RedHat Linux, AIX 6.1/5.3, Windows 2008.
- Gained enough knowledge onSplunk architecture & various components (indexer, forwarder, search head, deployment server), Heavy & Universal forwarder, License model.
- Configured JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Configured Linux servers for clusters of Oracle Real Application and configured SAN-based mount points as well.
Environment: AWS, Ansible, Jenkins, Hudson, Git, Nagios, Splunk, JIRA, PowerShell, Java.Net, Bash Scripting, Python, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, Ant, YAML, Nagios, Shell, Perl, JBoss Application Servers, Windows, WebSphere Application Server, Python, Splunk, Linux, Solaris.
Build & Release Engineer
- Involved in DevOps migrationandautomation processes for build and deploy systems. Used Jenkins and implemented CI/CD pipeline using plugins like conditional build step, deploy to Git.
- Created Jenkins jobs and distributing load on Jenkins server by configuring Jenkins nodes, which will enable parallel builds. Performed automation of CI/CD pipeline in private cloud using Jenkins shared libraries and multibranch pipeline and automated the static code analysis through SonarQube in Jenkins pipeline for checking code quality.
- Used Puppet enterprise to manage application configurations in large VMware environments as well as new SOA environment.
- Experience in writing Puppet manifests and modules to automate the deployment process and to integrating Puppet manifests into Jenkins/Hudson jobs for a continuous Delivery(CD)framework.
- Implemented CI/CD web hooks & workflows around Jenkins to automate the dev test deploy workflow around Puppet codebase. Installed and Managed Jenkins and Nexus for CI and Sharing Artifacts respectively within the company.
- Used GIT version control to manage the source code and integrating with Jenkins to support build automation and integrated with JIRA to monitor the commits.
- Used ANT as a build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Worked on Python to pull a report from access report from Git through Rest API and configured through Jenkins.
- Implemented Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Created and maintained the Power Shell scripts and Perl scripts deployment scripts for Tomcat application servers.
- Assisted on monitoring servers and responding to event notifications (Service outages, Load Alerts etc.) using Nagios.
- Built, Configured and Maintained Apache web server, kickstart, NFS, Samba and DNS servers on Red Hat and Centos.
- Kickstart both Virtual Server and bare-metal from CPAN, obtaining the specs files convert them to rpm format for installation on both RHEL and CentOS Servers.
- Integrated ant with Shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java-based applications.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux, Bamboo, Subversion, Perforce, Nagios, ANT, Python, Puppet, CentOS, Ubuntu, Kickstart, VMware, Nagios, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, SNMP, and DHCP.
- Linux Administrator in a large team responsible for maintaining Linux operating systems such as RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu and SUSE 10/11.
- Updated and automated Release reports for Change Management. Created SVN configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Responsible for building and releasing packages for testing. Adding servers to the domain and managing the groups and users in Active Directory.
- Administered RedHat Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, Mail server, MySQL database and firewalls in both development and production.
- Expertise in UNIX shell scripting and python scripts used to automate day to day administrative tasks. Involved in writing Python, Perl,and Shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Worked in an Agile / Scrum development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration and continuous deployment in SDLC.
- In charge of reviewing existing manual Software Builds, developing scripts to automate repeated tasks that are more susceptible to errors and risks using Shell scripting.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining Squid server in Linux. Deployed Java applications into Apache Tomcat Application Servers. Used Test driven approach for developing the application and Implemented the unit tests using Python Unit test framework.
- Provided 24/7 on-call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on RHEL.
Environment: s: Solaris, Red hat, Linux, HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server, Web Sphere, RHEL servers, RAID, Oracle, Sun Solaris, SSH, Telnet, Rlogin, MySQL, Apache, RPM, YUM.