- I have covered a lot of ground in telecom industry with both vendors and service providers. I have been working in matrix organizations to design and build network management (OAM) and service assurance software to effectively operate and manage access, metro and transport networks.
- As part of the digital transformation initiative at Confidential, I was involved in a multi - year OSS and BSS transformation project to restructure and rebuild the platforms to support CRM, supply chain management, billing, service requests, ticketing, service activation, automation, fault, performance, CMDB, BI reporting and SLA management.
- My focus was on solution architectures for inventory (ETL), fault, performance, capacity planning and reporting tools to support the day to day activities in network operation and service management.
- Over the years as a solution architect and systems engineer I have led projects in requirements gathering, systems design, software development, integration and testing to meet the latest standards in ITU and eTOM for network management.
- In the design/coding review sessions I have always been an evangelist for observing coding standards to achieve superior scalability and performance in the final product.
- Process definition and detailing for B2B processes based on eTOM model for different markets in Caribbean and Latin America.
- Streamlining and defining process KPIs for lead to cash (lead to order, order to activate) including service order management, SLA management, problem resolution, customer experience, customer change requests, and billing.
- High-level data models and process flow diagrams using the BPM tool "Bizagi".
- Creation of process repository and process governance in SharePoint.
- Technical lead for implementation of service assurance software across Shaw networks. Worked with vendors and cross functional teams in a matrix organization to build OSS solutions.
- Participated in vendor evaluation. Engaged with vendors for performance management, capacity planning, data collection and reporting. Integrated vendors' products with in-house designed topology discovery systems.
- For operations support and readiness, gathered requirements, collected inventory and performance data, built solutions and supported the systems for monitoring the performance of MPLS, CMTS and the VOD networks.
- Led the agile development activities (with 3 developers and 2 DBAs) in building service assurance solutions (JAVA, Oracle), KPIs, alarms and report portals.
- Integrated a performance and statistical data collection tool with the Nokia Network Services Platform (NSP) 5620 SAM to monitor the MPLS network. Worked in building a report portal for Shaw business to provide service management monitoring (SLAs) for business customers.
- Built roadmaps for replacing legacy systems and system upgrades. Cultivated intra and extra departmental relations.
- Feasibility study of implementing Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and SD-WAN across Shaw network.
- Built physical inventory of network devices. Correlated physical inventory with logical entities in facilities database (ETL).
- Implemented and sustained Infovista service assurance software. Provided end-user training to engineering and operations staff.
- Assessed the architecture of Resolve enterprise wide automation system (SaaS) on AWS and its integration with HPOM and ServiceNow.
- Worked on providing OAM&P solutions for the OPTera Long Haul (LH) DWDM optical systems from firmware all the way to the graphical network browser.
- Worked in a matrix organization with product managers on customers’ requirements. Translated business requirements into technical requirements and detailed designs.
- Worked with development teams to design, code, and test new features for each release of the network management solutions.
- Studied ITU and Telcordia standards for optical transmission and network management. Made technical presentations to staff and senior management.
- Supervised development activities of integrated teams located at various sites (US, Canada, UK, and India). Dealt with dependency issues, conflict resolution and schedules.