- Straight forward and diligent leader of computer science and IT infrastructure with experience in frontend and backend development.
- On hands experience with cloud environments as well as local SAN and LAN environments.
- Experienced leader in many security standardization projects including AWS Simple System Manager installation on over 10,000 servers.
- Well experienced communication with Engineers From over 15 different countries as well as full knowledge of agile development method.
- Windows Server Engineer having 4+ years of I.T. experience in Windows Server 2003/ 2008/2012/2016 , Active Directory 2003/ 2008/2012/2016 , VMware ESXi 5/5.5/6.0/6.5/6.7 , Hyper - V 2008/2012/2016 , SCCM/SCOM, SAN Storage, and IT Support.
- Expertise in Administering and supporting Windows 2003/ 2008/2012/2016 Active Directory (AD), GPO’s Group Policy Manager, GPO Security Policies, AGPM (Advanced Group Policy Management), DNS, DHCP, WINS, Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013 and administration including creating mailboxes for all groups, users and Distributed Lists on Exchange.
- Experience working with application teams, database teams, developers and Project Manager’s to build and deploy 3-tier application servers running on Windows 2012/2016.
- Experience working Microsoft Active directory migration tool (ADMT), ADMS, Dell Quest Migration Manager to consolidate legacy environments to new domains.
- Experience deploying and migrating from On-Prem to Office365 as well as On-Prem AD to Azure AD as part of refresh project to ensure up to date support
- Expertise in the area of Virtualization with Installation, Configuration and Administration of VMware ESXi 4.1/5.0/5.1/5.5/6.0/6.5/6.7 and vCenter Server 4/5/6/6.5/6.7
- Expertise in advanced features of ESX/ESXi 4/5/6/6.5/6.7, vMotion, Storage vMotion, HA, DRS, and Update Manager.
- Experience in designing, building, configuring VMware Cloud solutions, including vCloud Director, vSphere, vCenter vCloud Automation Center, vCloud Orchestrator, vRealize Operations Manager, vRO, vRealize Automation, NSX, vSAN, vCenter Operations, and vCloud Networking and Security (formerly vShield).
- Expertise in upgrading 500+ ESXi hosts from 5.5/6.0 to 6.5/6.7 utilizing VMware Update manager, Baselines and upgrading VC/PSC as well upgrading the VCSA.
- Excellent VMware PowerCLI and Microsoft PowerShell Scripting knowledge for automation of Virtual Infrastructure.
- Experience in creation and management of the forest, creation and removal of domains and seeing to the overall security and reliability of the forest.
- Experience configuring, maintaining and supporting Windows Cluster Server (MCS) to maximize uptime.
- Expertise in creating, installing and configuring WSFC, MSSQL on Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 and 2016 configured Always On functionality to support multiple node clusters.
- Experience of Process oriented work environment, Change Management, Service Management.
- Experience working with .NET development teams to develop and deploy customized web applications.
- Expertise working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deploy new code releases as well working closely with our Engineering team.
- Experience setting up IT AUDIT controls, protecting information assets, to meet ITIL, SOX, HIPAA, CIS, NERC, SCSEM, NIST and PCI compliance standards.
- Provide 24/7 support in a 99.999 environment to maintain maximum uptime and ensure server reliability using monitoring products such as SCOM, MOM, HPOVSD and BMC Remedy
Windows Server and VMware Systems Engineer
- Build and Deploy Windows Server 2008R2/2012/2016 system functions including Active Directory, file services, print services, IIS, SCCM 2007/2012 servers and event logging VIA System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Responsible for building and maintaining a windows environment consisting of windows server 2008, 2012, 2016 on Physical, Virtual and Cloud based environments.
- Provided administrative level support for Exchange Server 2010/2013 when it came to moves, adds, and changes of mail boxes, and distribution lists
- Installation of ESXi 5.5.1/5.5/6/6.5/6.7 Hosts, vCenter Server (vSphere), vCenter update manager and administering VM’s across 4 Datacenters running 10000+ VM’s.
- Configure and maintain custom in-house, 3rd party applications as part of day to day operations, level 1 and level 2 and 3 support.
- Work on 24/7 break/fixes, incident calls, maintenance windows and management of information technology support operations to include help desk, Call-in support and work priority management, and the use of HPOVSD and BMC Patrol.
- Work closely with development teams in an Agile/Scrum environment to deploy new code releases.
- Designed, Architected, installed, configured and performed troubleshooting of VMware products vCAC, vCenter, vSphere, vRealize Automation, vROPS, vRO, vCloud Director, Infrastructure Navigator, vCOPS, vSAN, vSphere, vCenter, NSX, vCNS, SRM, and vCloud Orchestrator.
- Implement VMware Virtual Infrastructure environment that consisted of ESXi Server, multiple Virtual Center, vMotion, HA, vDS, DRS, VCB, Update Manager.
- Upgrade all ESXi hosts utilizing VMware Update Manager baselines, Upgrade VMware tools and hardware version as part of upgrade from 5.5/6.0 to 6.5/6.7.
- Configure advanced features of ESX/ESXi, vMotion, Storage vMotion, HA, DRS, and Update Manager
- VB SCRIPTS, PowerShell, Bash Shell, Korn Shell, Perl, Win Batch, PS tools and Windows command-line Scripting to automate the manual tasks on Servers and Client computers.
- Creating standard process for advanced group policy deployment management as well as Active Directory users and group’s management.
- Configure, maintain and support Windows Cluster (MCS) Server/Services to maximize uptime and configure active/active and active/passive nodes.
- Extensively work in an Agile/Kanban infrastructure environment to ensure maximum reliability among team members.
- Consolidate and migrate Active Directory objects, Security, SCOM, DNS, DHCP, Shares, Disk quotas, SMB and DFS-N/DFS-R name spaces as part of refresh project.
- Also assisted in planning migration waves for the client's datacenter relocation project coming up in the future
- Create change records for all application migrations as part of maintenance window changes.
- Configure, support and troubleshoot Active Directory roles and features such as File and print ser vices, IIS, .net framework, and MPIO.
- Implement WSUS and SCCM 2007/2012 for centralizing the OS, Security Hardening, Vulnerability patching, testing scenarios and security patch management throughout the data center on the servers running windows operating system.
- Installed and configured .NET applications on IIS 6.0/7.5/8.0/10.0 Web server in Windows 2003/2008R2/2012/2016 Servers
- Configured SSL/HTTPS Authentication methods in IIS 6.0/7.5/ 8.0 /10.0 to control access to the applications.
- Modify domain users/groups along with local users/groups utilizing both UI and CMD based commands to create new permissions, create new LYNC accounts on the LYNC server and Extend Mailboxes on Exchange server.
- Configure and maintain Host Profiles, Distributed Switch, Standard vSwitch, DRS, vMotion, Sv-Motion, Resource pools, permissions, Patches, Snapshots, Tools Upgrade, disk expansions, and Templates.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Windows Systems Engineer
- Provide 1st/2nd/3rd level support for Windows servers running on a combination of HP/IBM/Cisco hardware.
- Deploying and troubleshoot .Net based Applications and Java based apps on IIS 6.0/7.0/8.0
- Deploying, supporting and maintaining Windows Hyper-V 2008/2012 nodes including deploying Virtual Machines and setting up Hyper-V clusters.
- Implement Hyper-V 2012/2016 environments that consisted of SCVMM 2012/2016 Nodes, Clustered Shared Volumes, VHD/VHDX, and Live Migrations to ensure maximum up-time
- Helped to configure and maintain IIS 7/8 web server server clustering, failover, load balancing, Web Services, Application pools and websites.
- Installation of ESXi 4.1/5.5.1/5.5/6.0/6.5 Hosts, vCenter Server (vSphere), vCenter update manager and administering VM’s across 4 Datacenters running 4000+ VM’s.
- Support Active Directory Migrations to consolidate multiple environments into a single global environment utilizing Dell Quest Migration Manager, ADMS and ADMT.
- Daily maintenance of security and integrity of AD SCHEMA, full disaster recovery plan.