- 7+ years of experience in DevOps, Configuration Management and Build and Release.
- Good experience with principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Strong experience with AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Experienced in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Experience with migration to Amazon web Services AWS.
- Strong experience in Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins &Maven as build framework Tools.
- Worked on multiple deployment strategies using Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Development (CD) Pipelines and configuration management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment cycles via automated deployments.
- Implemented HashiCorp tools like Vagrant, Terraform, Consul and Vault.
- Creating Docker containers for managing the application life cycle.
- Evaluated Docker D Confidential Center and Kubernetes for Docker Orchestration.
- Experience in using monitoring tools like Nagios, ELK Stack, Splunk and New Relic.
- Experience in using Version Control Tools GIT,Sub-Version, perforce.
- Strong experience in working in Linux and Windows environments.
- Experienced with Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Sensu and Logstash.
- Involved in writing Ruby, Python, PowerShell and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Experienced in build tools such as Maven, ANT, Jenkins, TeamCity.:Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
EXPERIENCE/ PROJECT WORK:
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Implemented and managed company-wide fully automate continuous integration build and deployments.
- Implemented new projects build framework using Jenkins, MSBuild & Maven as build framework tools.
- Setup and build various AWS infrastructure resources, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Groups, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Lambda, SES, SQS, and SNS services in AWS Cloud.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto Scaling groups.
- Configuring, Managing, and Scheduling CRONTABs for Server monitoring, App Accounts and Backup management on a day-to-day basis.
- Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for microservice using Ansible.
- Creating new nodes and Pools in F5 Load Balancers to support newly added servers in Layer 3 environment.
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash.
- Setup and configured New Relic monitoring and ELK stack across all our environments using Chef Cookbooks.
- Worked on POC for Docker D Confidential Center (DDC).
- Setup Universal Control Plane (UCP) for management and orchestration of the Docker environment and Trusted Registry (DTR) for Docker image collaboration, management and security.
Environment: AWS EC2, VPC, S3, EBS, Security Groups, Auto Scaling, RDS, CloudFormation Templates, Route 53, Lambda, SES, SQS, SNS, Terraform, Ansible, Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes, DDC, Splunk, New Relic, ELK Stack, GIT, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Artifactory, Maven, MSBuild, PowerShell, Bash, Python, Ruby, JIRA.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Senior DevOps Consultant
- Designed and Provisioned AWS infrastructure using Cloud Formation
- Designed and developed automated deployment and scaling processes based on Vagrant and Chef for a wide range of server types and application tiers.
- Managed Servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Chef Configuration Management.
- Created Cloud Formation template to build a repe Confidential ble process to stand up various application deployment environments in AWS.
- Configured Auto Scaling, Route 53, and Custom Cloud Watch metrics for various J2EE and .net applications.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash and PowerShell
- Developed PowerShell, Bash scripts for automated deployment of set of inbuilt tools to AWS instances, with required configurations and settings to meet the business requirements.
- The automation involved heterogeneous set of machines (cloud/physical) and components, with tools like Chocolatey, Team City, AWS, and Perforce.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-Server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2, S3 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes. And AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Setup continuous integration and formal builds using Jenkins with Mavenand Tomcat repository.
Environment: AWS ELB, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS IAM, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Watch, Jenkins, Maven, Chef, Ruby, Bash, Shell, PowerShell, GIT, BitBucket, Perforce, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows, Apache, Tomcat, JIRA
Confidential, Danville, PA
- Rapid-Provisioning and Configuration Management for Linux, Windows using Chefand Cloud Formation Templates on Amazon Web Services.
- Developed cookbooks to spin up our Dev, Test, Stage environments.
- Worked on Chef Delivery for Continuous Delivery. Introduced Confidential Corp Vault for secure secret storage.
- Implemented Confidential corp Consul for service discovery.
- Developed multiple cookbooks from scratch. Developed cookbooks to configure BizTalk, SQL, IIS, MongoDB, Custom Net Suite Applications. Used Kitchen as a platform to test the cookbooks. Used Food Critic and Rubocop as linting tools.
- Implemented Chef-best practices and introduced Berkshelf and Test Kitchen to facilitate a more natural cookbook development work-flow.
- Automated AWS components like EC2 instances, Security Groups, S3, ELB, RDS and IAM through Cloud Formation templates.
- Introduced load-based Autoscaling to increase capacity at peak times and reduce the costs at off-peaks times.
- Worked on Docker to create Containers for the application using Gradle.
- Virtualized the servers using Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs. And also, configuration automation for Docker containers.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple names spaced versions.
- Evaluated Apache Mesos and Kubernetes for Docker Container Orchestration.
- Use GITLAB as a Version Control with GIT branching strategy that included develops branches, feature branches, staging branches and master. Pull requests and code reviews were performed.
- Working with Linux/Windows based environments.
Environment: Chef, Chef Solo, Vagrant, Ruby, PowerShell/Shell Scripting, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS IAM, AWS S3, EC2,Docker, Kubernetes,TeamCity,Artifactory, Maven, BizTalk, IIS, GITLAB, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows Server 2012 R2.
Confidential, Dallas, Tx
Release/ Build Engineer
- Setting up Jenkins master, adding the necessary plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Planning and setting up of Continuous Integration for various properties on Jenkins with Commit, Component, Assembly, Deploy and Smoke jobs.
- Overhauling the source code in SVN, adding static code analysis tests like coverity, findbugs, pmd etc. and configuring unit tests to run as part of builds.
- Setting up commit builds to check for compilation failures of checked-in source code by the developers to accelerate CI.
- Setting up of component builds which compile and package the components into OS specific .tgz.
- Assembly, deploy jobs to list the exact configuration of packages with all their dependencies, settings and deploying them to various environments for running tests.
- Working with the development team to increase the unit test code coverage.
- Establish CI / CD for trunk and branches to support parallel development.
- Planning the releasing activities and delivering them on schedule.
- Managing nightly builds, weekly builds, feature addition builds and Sales Candidates.
- Integrating the latest available changes / components to the product software.
- Baselining the software contents.
- Creating software packages for factories.
- Creation of packages for updates through Internet (e.g., FOTA, FOTI).
- Automation of day-to-day, repetitive tasks.
- Involved in driving the iBuild tool usage.