- Accomplished and performance - driven IT Architect with 15+ years of experience of IT operational and management experience in different industries internationally.
- Hands-on experience with AWS , designing High Availability and Reliable Solutions in cloud environments .
- Design and development of AWS cloud proposals to several clients to enable successful migrations from On- Premise to Cloud .
- Cloud computing architecture and system admin skills based on AWS .
- Migrated 10 IT client infrastructures (Production & Dev environments), from on physical servers to AWS using Opsworks and Chef with minimal business disruption.
- Design of Enterprises Architectures based on TOGAF methodology , using the Architecture Development Framework as guide to develop building blocks, artifacts and deliverables.
- Provide technical oversite during the definition of enterprise applications, database, middle-tier services, backups, storage, distributed computing, application technology and DRPs .
- Planning and design of complex environments, capacity planning, implementation of physical to virtual migrations, installation implementation of virtual infrastructures with VMware and products that work for VMware , definition of policies and procedures, training people, perform system monitoring and analysis, tuning and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of technologies and Distributed Systems like Oracle, IBM, SAP, Dell, HP, Microsoft, Veeam, Citrix, etc .
- Frequently interacts with other IT disciplines, analysts, developers, testers, project manager to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Experience designing Datacenter´s mission critical solutions, based on methodologies and best practices of the industry as TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT, ISO 20000 .
Cloud Technologies: AWS (Certified), AWS SysOps, AWS Infrastructure as Code automation.
IT Service Management: Operations Expert and Support Engineer, Incident and Problem management. Change Management process and Business Continuity administrator.
Systems Administration: Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, VMware, Citrix
Network Basic: Network configuration, routing and switching
Distributed Systems: Oracle, IBM, SAP, Dell, HP, Microsoft, Veeam, Citrix
Confidential, Dallas, TX
AWS Cloud & Infrastructure Solution Architect
- Responsible to design and elaborate AWS solutions proposals to Confidential ´s clients.
- Overseeing migration of 70+ server hybrid cloud infrastructure to AWS Cloud from project conception to project closure; configured and managed various AWS Services including EC2 , VPC, S3, Glacier, Cloud Watch, IAM, Trusted Advisor, Cloud Trail .
- Analyze business cases with best functional scenarios and cost optimization via PaaS and Serverless alternatives like Elastic Beanstalk, Aurora Serverless, and Lambda . Docker repositories validation for projects based on known and public services. Dockizing of small microservices for API interfaces based on NodeJS and PHP publishing through GitHub and AWS ECR to be deployed over AWS ECS .
- Improve user experience through services like Elastic Cache with Redis , Autoscaling , AWS Launch Templates , NoSQL Databases : DynamoDB , Validate and enable compliance communication for VPC Peering with 3rd party and administrators and service provides.
- Hands on programming skills in NodeJs and Yaml to create Server less Architectures .
- Design and implementing migrations from On Premise to cloud using tools like Cloudformation , Chef and Puppet .
- Design and implementation of Kubernetes in AWS ECS and containers in Docker .
- Creation of monitoring for infrastructure and resources in AWS cloud .
- Implementation of pipelines for CI / CD with service integration using technologies such as Jenkins .
- Designing AWS security groups and implementing access control in collaboration with local Information Security and IT teams.
- Implementing, managing, and configuring AWS environment for Alestra´s clients.
- Responsible of designing IT mission critical solutions to Alestra’s clients in several platforms as multitenant environments, private, hybrid or public cloud.
- Working with other areas of the company to design service level agreements (SLAs), operations models, monitoring schemas and KPIs that are offered to clients in the mission critical solutions.
Cloud Computing Consultant
- Responsible of technical Sales for CA cloud computing solutions, supporting LATAM countries (México, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, etc).
- Design of different cloud solutions: Private, Public, Hybrid, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Understand and articulate CA's technology vision and strategy and communicate its business value and impact.
- Communicate CA's capabilities and vision for solutions by preparing and conducting demonstrations, whiteboard discussions and presentations according to CA best practices.
Environment: CA Automation Suite for Clouds, CA Process Automation, CA Automation Server, CA Applogic, VMwareVsphere Enterprise, VMware ESX, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Server,LinuxRedHat, CentOS, Citrix Xen Server, Microsoft SQL
Cisco UCS & VMWARE Consultant
- Worked as a Cisco UCS consultant - I was part of the Cisco Advanced Services Area as a Consultant of Unified Computing System Technologies (UCS).
- Design and implement UCS and VMware infrastructures for several Cisco s clients in LATAM.
- Implementation of heterogeneous environments in VMWare, Citrix, Hyper V .
Environment: Cisco Unified /Converged Infrastructure, Cisco UCS Blade Servers, Cisco UCs Interconnect, VMware ESX, Vmware View, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft HyperV, Citrix Xen Server, Linux RedHat, Microsoft Windows Server
Senior VMware Consultant
- Planning, design and implementation of VMware solutions , such as Disaster Recovery with VMware , Virtual Desktop Infrastructure , VMware upgrades , migration of physical to virtual environments, implementation of DRPS using VMware Site Recovery Manager , desktop solutions such as VMware View , Virtualization Assessments for consolidation.
- Support critical IT Operations of Customers (among others) Volkswagen Mexico, Volkswagen USA, Banobras, Grupo Modelo, T-Mobile under methodologies like ITIL and ISO 20000
Environment: VMware vCenter, VMware ESX, VMware Site Recovery Manager, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft windows Server, Linux RedHat, x86 Servers (HP, IBM, Dell), Storage (EMC, HP, IBM), Backups (Legato, vRanger, NetBackup), Monitoring tools (BMC Patrol, CA), Databases: (Microsoft SQL, Oracle), Tools (VMware converter, Perfmon, DBmon), Service Desk (Remedy, CA service desk)
Infrastructure Management Sr. Analyst
- Analyze, modify and/or designs complex virtualization environments across x86, midrange, client server and desktop platforms.
- Support of IT critical environments under ITIL methodology and follow the sun operations for Customers, among others: Burger King, Mc Donald’s, Exxon.
- I was part of the Distributed Systems Engineering (DSE) conformed by Computers Engineers across different locations around the World (USA, India, Ireland, and Mexico.) I reported to my superior located in the Datacenter of Dallas, CA.
Environment: VMware vCenter, VMware ESX, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft windows Server, Microsoft clusters, Microsoft SQL Server, File Servers, Linux Red Hat, x86 Servers (HP, IBM, Dell), Storage (EMC, HP, IBM),
Infrastructure Management Sr. Analyst
- Creation and develop an on demand virtualization services to offer to existents and potential KIO’s clients with the VMware Methodology.
- Elaboration of design, studies, technical workflows and ROI’s including all the VMware Technologies (ESX, Virtual Center, SAN, HA, VMotion, DRS, VDI, Storage, Networking).
- Managing VMware environments, maintaining the highest level of availability, reliability and performance for KIO’s customers as Grupo Modelo, Monex, PEMEX, ALSEA, TELMEX.
- Supporting environments of KIO’s Clients at Microsoft Technologies (active directory, exchange, clusters, databases, IIS, SMS, MOM, file servers). Network & Security Administrator: Administration of routers, switches, big ips and firewalls.
Environment: VMware vCenter, VMware ESX, VMware Site Recovery Manager, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft windows Server, Microsoft Clusters, IIS, MOM,, file Servers, Microsoft SQL Servers, Microsoft Exchange 2003, Linux RedHat, x86 Servers (HP, IBM, Dell), Storage (EMC, HP, IBM), Backups (Legato, vRanger), Monitoring tools (BMC Patrol, CA), Databases: (Microsoft SQL, Oracle), Tools (VMware converter, Perfmon, DBmon), Service Desk (Remedy, CA service desk)
- Designing and implement technologies according the requirements of the business and compliance norms. These technologies include products of companies as Microsoft, Cisco, Veritas, CA, McAfee, etc.
- Designing Microsoft Architectures for different bank units; implement, configure and maintain Windows Server environments for the business and provide network support.
Environment: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft windows Server, Microsoft Clusters, file Servers, Microsoft SQL Servers, Cisco switches, Veritas NetBackup, CA Service Desk, MacAfee antivirus.