- Extensive knowledge of embedded systems design (bare metal, proprietary RTOS and embedded Linux), firmware development in Elixir, C/C++, and assembly.
- Extensive experience with a wide range of microcontrollers including ARM Cortex MO/M0+, M3, Cortex M4, ARM7DMI,ARM926EJ - S, 8051, PIC, AVR, x86
- Experience with development of IoT protocols, 6LowPAN, Zigbee, Bluetooth/BLE, LoRa, MQTT
- Extensive knowledge of embedded protocols TCP/IP, UDP, CoAP, MQTT and their corresponding networking stacks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of serial communications protocols. I.e. I2C, SPI, CAN, RS232, RS485, TSic
- Expert knowledge of mesh networking systems. 6LowPAN, RPL, Zigbee and their corresponding MAC and physical layers
- Deep understanding of event-driven operating systems and custom built real time operating systems
- Experience with GUI design using C++ and QT for Linux and C# for windows systems
- Expert knowledge of version control systems (git, svn)
- Deep understanding of industrial automation software, tools and programming techniques for a wide array of manufacturers (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Omron, Parker, Bekhoff, Koyo)
- Expert knowledge of Spanish (Native Speaker).
Senior IoT Engineer
- Design, architect and develop IoT enabled projects in the industrial automation field while leveraging the Elixir/Nerves ecosystem to improve time to market
- Improve cohesiveness and effective design by serving the role of cross-link between the hardware and software development groups
- Implement agile software development for bare-metal and embedded linux powered products
- Leverage cloud platforms to reduce time-to-market required to deliver world-class IoT products
- Develop Elixir CIP driver for Allen Bradley PLC and embedded linux devices
- Assist customers in delivering the hardware and firmware required to provide internet connectivity to a variety of customer consumer and industrial devices
- Deliver ASHRAE certified BACNet compliant firmware for industrial and commercial climate control systems
- Design software and electrical schematics for glass manufacturing industries
- Develop software for single board computers running embedded Linux
- Review, advice and approve customers’ PCB hardware designs
- Commission and perform final testing on various automated industrial equipment
- Improve product usability by writing technical manuals manuals and operator training
Director of Engineering/Principal Engineer
- Delivered state of the art networking open source networking stack that competes, and in many cases, outperforms Zigbee and Thread
- Independently engineered and implemented ultra-low power firmware that added years of sleep-mode operation to battery powered controllers
- Reduced time to market for completed products by leveraging international professional network of firmware engineers
- Architected, planned, and developed embedded software for ARM microcontrollers for a variety of web enabled devices that include: solar water heating systems, energy monitoring devices, industrial fan controllers and lighting controllers.
- Improved product quality by implementing company wide coding and code-review standards and source control
- Improved quality manufactured products yield by developing end-of-line tests that require minimal technical expertise. improved lead times and product quality by providing in-person training to overseas manufacturing houses
- Reviewed custom PCBs design, BOM and component sourcing
- Provided technical assistance during initial sales meeting with prospective customers
- Worked with customers and helped develop project milestones and goals
- Managed local and remote employees
- Performed QA role for all software developed by subcontractors
- Performed industrial automation engineering and embedded software engineering duties in overbooking situations.