- I am a Sales Engineer with extensive experience in infrastructure sales, design, and implementation.
- I have proven skills in maintaining customer and vendor relationships while achieving and exceeding quota.
- I have excelled in customer facing roles throughout my career and am very comfortable interfacing between IT and business.
- I have an excellent background in WAN/LAN design, WLAN, IOS, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, EIGRP, Disaster Recovery site design, Wireless, Cisco MARS, Cisco ACS, Cisco WLC and WCS, Cisco IPS, VMWare, datacenter switching
- Exchange server upgrades and implementation, multi - site Windows server technologies, enterprise antivirus and backup services, and multiple third party server applications. I also have extensive experience in advanced firewall design and implementation using Cisco ASA
- Juniper, Fortinet and Sonicwall firewalls. I am experienced in high availability solutions using redundant firewalls, servers, and network appliances.
- I am very proficient in DNS/DHCP design and troubleshooting, IPAM, web server administration, RBAC security design and PCI compliance.
- Lead the region in sales for four years.
- Trained channel partners and customers on new technology.
- Designed and deployed a 14,000 AP wireless network for the University of Minnesota.
- Lead the region in new logo accounts for four years.
- Coached and mentored new team members.
- Met with key IT leaders across the State and introduced them to Aruba products and solutions.
- Lead technical presentations with prospects, customers, and partners.
Senior Network Engineer
Confidential - Fridley, MN
- Specialized in design, pre-sales, post-sales and large projects.
- Project lead on the largest active projects for the company.
- Research new products and technologies for our partners and clients.
- Mentored junior staff on technical concepts and career goals.
- Managed complex client projects to completion.
- Consulted with management on the future technical direction of the company.
Senior Network Engineer
Confidential - Minnetonka, MN
- Senior Network Engineer acting as technical lead for the Confidential network
- Responsible for all voice and data networking including Datacenter, VPN, LAN, and WAN.
- Created a design for the transition to a fully redundant multi-Datacenter network.
- Mentored the team in data and voice networking.
- Eliminated $100,000/yr. in wasted circuit costs though a WAN circuit review.
- Merged three different WAN clouds that were left over from previous acquisitions.
- Evaluated new technologies and advised the CIO on emerging network trends including SDN.
Confidential - Minneapolis, MN
- Network Engineer focused on high visibility HQ locations and Distribution Centers.
- WAN representative on the Enterprise QOS team directing the overall QOS strategy.
- Designed the WAN for the new Canadian headquarters including head-end and remote design.
- Lead Engineer on a Riverbed deployment to 30 sourcing locations throughout the world.
- Redesigned and standardized the Riverbed platform encompassing over 100 appliances.
- Lead Engineer for WAN optimization proof of concept for retail locations.
Sr. Network Engineer
Confidential - Plymouth, MN
- Lead network engineer for a regional health-care company.
- Managed vendors and internal resources to complete network initiatives and projects.
- Served on the change advisory board to ensure operational stability and change coordination.
- Responsible for all datacenter and WAN design projects.
- Lead design engineer for a load balanced active/active datacenter project
Sr. Technical Analyst
- Implemented ACS 5.1 for TACACS+, RADIUS, and EAP-TLS authentication across the organization.
- Configured and installed a new intranet VPN router failover pair using AIM-VPN modules for stateful failover.
- Evaluated vendor WAN solutions to replace the Carlson Hotels MPLS network.
- Migrated Carlson Wagonlit Travel’s EMEA and APAC VPN head-end to a new datacenter and reconfigured the remote routers to connect to the new solution.
- Designed an OSPF area for VPN connected offices that connected them to the Plymouth and Dallas datacenters.
- Responsible for BGP WAN routing and route redistribution for a 2000+ site network.
- Designed and implemented the corporate and guest wireless network using EAP-TLS, ACS 5.1 and Active Directory for authentication on Cisco 4404 Wireless LAN Controllers.
- Redesigned Carlson Hotels datacenter routing and firewall ACLs for PCI compliance.
- Profiled the network using Perl and syslog records to build a firewall rule-set for PCI related traffic.
- Migrated Carlson Restaurants remote datacenter connectivity to an IPSEC VPN solution from an MPLS network.
- Designed and implemented plan to segment business unit WAN traffic using VRFs and transparent firewalls.
- Designed SSL VPN solution using certificates and ldap group authentication on the Cisco ASA platform.
- Participated in on-call rotation that was responsible for all network related incidents.
- Identified, replaced, or removed unused devices in datacenter.
- Developed a SOP detailing firewall rule removal guidelines to avoid incidents.
- Developed firewall rules and routing for a QA application for the Northwest Airlines extranet connection.
- Configured a new extranet business unit vlan spanning the MAN.