IT Manager with over 10+ years of experience managing a team in building and implementing new systems as well as overseeing system migrations/upgrades, development and implementation of effective deployment strategies, and providing 2nd and 3rd tier 24/7 support in a 99.999 environment to maintain maximum uptime and ensure server reliability. Specialized in Patch/Vulnerability Management and Endpoint Backup. Develop Business Continuity Plans, disaster recovery plans, and provide yearly testing of those plans. Great team player and independent self - starter who thrives in a fast paced, goal-oriented environment with room to gro:w and learn. Fast learner with the ability to adapt quickly to changing environments and a passion for resolving problems quickly and effectively.
Windows XP/7/8/10 and Server 2000/2003/2008/2012/2016. HP, Dell, IBM, and other workstation and server hardware. Apple hardware and MacOS 10.4-10.15, Native Apple Server, DeployStudio, SmartDeploy, and JAMF Casper Suite. Active Directory, GPO, DNS, DHCP, File & Print Server, FTP, Terminal Server, NAT, SCOM, SCCM, MDT, and WSUS. Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, Google Apps G-Suite, Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010/2013. VMware ESXi, vCenter, vMotion, Windows Virtual Desktop, Cloning, Snapshots, P2V and V2V migrations using VMware convertor tools. NAS/SAN Storage, Datto, and EMC Avamar with Data Domain. Monitoring products such as PRTG and Zabbix. Business Continuity Plans, and Disaster Recovery. IBM Endpoint Manager BigFix, Kaseya, Mobile Iron, Airwatch, Confidential Appliances, Sophos Enterprise Anti-Virus, ESET Endpoint Security, Symantec PGP Desktop Encryption, Duo Security, BOX, ForeScout CounterACT, Meraki, Egnyte, Okta, Nomad, Bomgar, Ivnati Wavelink Velocity, Zoom.
IT Systems Manager
- Managing the relationship with our vendors and MSPs, ensuring contractual requirements are met and service levels are maintained.
- Project Negotiation, Planning, and Development throughout the project lifecycle.
- Escalation point for front line help desk and infrastructure teams.
- Hardware and Software Lifecycle Planning
- Hybrid Management of ESET Endpoint Security with our MSP partner.
- Kaseya VSA Management - Remote Management for over 1500 endpoints across the United States.
- Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Development, Testing, and Maintenance of Windows Laptop/Desktop and POS OS and Software Suites, as well as Android Rugged OS.
- MDM Development, Management, Deployment of iOS and Android Rugged Devices
- Support and Development for Lenovo T Series Laptops and M Series Desktops, HP Point of Sale Systems, Apple iOS Devices, and Zebra/Honeywell Android Rugged Devices.
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
Senior Systems Administrator
- Patched and deployed corporate software standards using IBM Endpoint Manager (BigFix) SME.
- Software Deployment through SCCM and Active Directory
- Managed Global WSUS Cluster, and Mac OSX Server Updates.
- Administered EMC Avamar Endpoint Backup Infrastructure using Data Domain
- Worked with Legal to perform legal hold management and investigation.
- Administered Exchange 2010/2013 Mail Environments.
- Performed Active Directory Maintenance and Administration
- Developed and implemented Windows Group Policy standards.
- Deployment and Management of Apple environment with DEP and JAMF Casper Suite
- Maintained Global VMware vCenter Environment containing 500+ servers
- Developed and Implemented Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans
- UNIX Appliance Implementation and Administration.
- Built Bare Metal and Virtual Servers as well as Convert Physical Servers to Virtual Servers.
- Created Custom Windows and Macintosh Installation Packages.
- Was primary escalation point for Windows and Macintosh Desktop support personnel.
- Established new offices globally and trained new IT employees joining the company.
- Implemented automation using Powershell, shell, and bash scripts.
- Additional System Administrative Tasks as Needed.
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
- Developed Corporate Windows 7/8 and Macintosh Images
- Managed and trained a team of 5 Imaging and Deployment Technicians.
- Built and Maintained Windows Deployment Server with MDT
- Built and Maintained Macintosh Netboot/NetRestore Server.
- VMware ESXi Virtualization of Windows 2008/2012 Servers.
- Implemented Macintosh Active Directory Integration.
- Hardware Break Fix Support.
- Developed and documented company Software and Hardware standards.
- Managed Hardware Specification, Testing, and Procurement.
- Performed software compatibility testing for Windows and Macintosh Operating systems
Confidential, Moffett Field, CA
Systems Admin Support Senior
- Desktop Support for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux Systems.
- Head of VMware Virtualization ESXi Implementation.
- Windows Server 2008/2012 Administration.
- System Installation and Configuration.
- Provided 2nd Tier Phone Support to 2000+ Employees and Systems.
- Point of resolution escalation for other techs when issues arise.
- Triaged and Dispatched Trouble Tickets with the Remedy Ticketing System.
- Provided Remote Support in Windows and Macintosh Environments.
- Setup, Maintained, and Troubleshot Cell Phones, iPhones, Blackberrys.
- Managed Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES), Motorola Goodlink
- Managed and Maintained the Schedules and Tasks of a Team of Techs.
- Implemented front line updates for security vulnerabilities and patching.
- Upgraded Macintosh and Windows Systems to current Operating Systems.
- Provided break fix support for software and hardware in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Provided A/V tech support for onsite lectures and conferences.
- Installed and Configured of VMware Fusion, Parallels, and Bootcamp.
- Provided Internal Desktop and Server Hardware/Software Procurement.