- Linux systems engineer with 5+ years of deployment and critical server support across various environments in production on AWS and VMware.
- Experienced with application automation using Bash, Python, and Ansible.
- Strong interpersonal skills providing a combination of advanced technical expertise and exceptional soft skills to maximize collaboration to achieve maximum efficiency and result.
- Looking for a senior position in DevOps engineering, Cloud computing, Network, and Security.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Linux Systems Engineer / DevOps Engineer
- Assisting in CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment) processes across SDLC.
- Responsible for all DevOps functions in an AWS VPC environment running multiple production SaaS applications on Node.js, .NET, and Rails stacks with auto - scaling elastic infrastructure
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning using Ansible and CLI.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible playbooks and ad-hoc.
- Strong experience in Linux Administration on CentOS 7/ CentOS 6 / Ubuntu / RedHat.
- Improved application deployment reliability and speed using Jenkins and GitHub.
- Handle code deployments in all environments on AWS and managing internal yum repos .
- Designed and developed automated deployment and scaling processes based on Vagrant and Chef for a wide range of server types and application tiers, including Elasticsearch.
- Responsible for day-to-day systems administration and engineering on all production, staging, and development environments with supporting technologies including RDS, ElastiCache, Redshift, S3, SQS, SES, CodeDeploy, GitHub, Papertrail, Slack, Raygun, and Pivotal Tracker.
- Provide input and progress report during weekly meetings with multiple teams.
- Created bash scripts automating system administration tasks and scheduling with cron.
- Created python scripts to migrate systems from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7.
- Managed docker containers in productions and troubleshooted issues with processes.
- Managed AWS resource utilization for infrastructure team and keeping track of cost.
- Created CI/CD pipelines with team for multiple developers across the business.
- Participated on-call every month for a week with monthly rotations.
- Participated in disaster recovery drills and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Migrated infrastructure from data center using VMware and to AWS using migration hub.
- Backed up data from infrastructure to AWS using snowball and decommission datacenter vms.
- Troubleshooting network devices using telnet and network commands and finding RCA.
- Escalating issues to necessary teams and working alongside senior management, developers, storage, network, infrastructure, database, offshore, corporate IT, salesforce, etc.
- Trained junior members on internal issues and helping them resolve their problems.
- Documented internal tickets, and implementation plans using Atlassian Confluence.
- Experienced dealing with vendors for hardware, software, and other resources.
- Supported 400+ machines in production on AWS and 575+ on VMware.
- Managed GitHub branch and dealt with code releases on a weekly basis.
Linux systems Administrator
- Provides support to RHEL 6/7, Ubuntu, and CentOS 6/7 machines on VMware.
- Worked closely with other IT departments to help develop systems that will be implemented.
- Setup ESXi hypervisor on bm server and installed virtual machines on new prod servers.
- Managed virtual machines on VCenter and troubleshooted issues related to console.
- Created backups of virtual machines using of templates and snapshots on datastore.
- Replaced physical components of server at datacenter on a frequent basis.
- Participated on-call on the weekends in a monthly rotation supporting critical infrastructure.
- Racked and stacked physical servers and troubleshooted iDrac and iLo tickets.
- Participated in security scans, across production systems looking for any viruses.
- Maintain Linux system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running Linux system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendors.
- Managed critical infrastructure of production systems and sudo permissions.
- Troubleshooting network devices and escalating any issues to networking team with logs.
- Built VMware ESXI hosts and convert physical server to VM using VMware vCenter Converter
- Worked with LDAP for user authentication and troubleshooting related issues.
- Scheduling jobs for backups, scripts, and processes using crontab.
- Troubleshooting network related issues to server and ssh access across production.
- Managed disk space using LVM and extended partitions. Troubleshooting space issues.
- Experience working with different Windows systems, troubleshooting DNS, and Active Directory.
- Helped deploy RedHat satellite solutions with that provide a stable management solution.
- Established and implemented Linux system specifications by analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing Linux system infrastructure.
- Perform daily system checks, review and respond to events reflected in various management tools, perform server patch management through ticketing system
- Extensive experience with cloud infrastructure, and cloud computing vendors to create and maintain VMs, containers, networks, security rules, etc.
- Troubleshooted webservers running on Apache Tomcat, HTTPS, HTTP, and supporting them.
- Experience deploying scalable web infrastructure with Apache, NGINX, PHP, and Node.
- Managing infrastructure on Nagios and customizing tool for internal usage.
- Installation & Upgradation- Installing the OS, upgrading to newer versions, performing manual & network-based installation, VMware installations, writing necessary pre & post initial scripts as a part of installation, automate the installation and boot process through kickstart file.
- Extensive experience patching security, updated, and bugs across RHEL systems.
- Handled ad-hoc requests, for installing a bunch of new servers, setting up a separate network.