I have 8 years of IT experience and I do my best to stay current in all things IT related. I have a home lab dedicated to VMware testing and I am currently working as a VMware Administrator under contract with the Confidential . I have two VCP certifications from VMware, I recently became a certified AWS Solutions Architect Associate, ITIL v4 Foundations certification and I have an active Public Trust clearance. Keeping the infrastructure up to date helps ensure growth. I believe my experience as an IT professional can help with keeping this company current in the ever - changing world of technology. I have worked in large, medium, and small environments so I am familiar with every kind of workload. References are available upon requests.
ESXi 6.0/6.5/6.7 vCenter 6.5/6.7
- implementation, maintenance, upgrades, consolidation, and decommissioning of enterprise hardware, and software.
- Responsible for the maintenance of 200+ ESXi hosts across multiple vCenters.
- I helped upgrade vCenters from vCenter 6.5 to 6.7.
- Have upgraded hosts from ESXi 6.5 to 6.7.
- Performed multiple vSphere security patches.
- Updated Firmware and drivers on Cisco UCS and Cisco Fabric Interconnects.
- Help maintain VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) for disaster recovery.
- Performed daily operations tasks across storage, network and systems to verify system integrity and availability. Implement monitoring for virtual infrastructure and servers, and respond to alarms in a timely manner, preventing client impact and performance degradation.
- In this role I helped Confidential to scale and transition the team.
- Deployed vCenter, PSC, VUM, vROM, NSX, VSAN, and ESXi components and infrastructure.
- Perform administrator tasks on over 2000 ESXi hosts.
- Completed assigned incident management tasks, Deploy, setup, and maintain testing environments,
- Provided Tier III and other support per service request. Performed updates and maintenance on HPE servers.
- Primary point of contact for the client and lead troubleshooting activities and resolving system interface issues on the HIE platform for data connections.
- Completed assigned incident management tasks, setup, maintain environments, provide Tier III and other support per service request.
- Performed various application installations and maintenance on backend and frontend systems (Windows/Linux).
Server Systems Engineer
- Windows server administrator responsible for VMware Administration. Worked with DNS, DHCP, WSUS, the maintenance of VMware ESXi hosts, physical servers and virtual machines.
- Performed driver and firmware updates and server maintenance on HPE and Dell servers.
- Part Time Windows Small Business Server and Network Administrator responsible for installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and support of Windows based desktop/server related network systems.
- Monitored and maintained Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SQL Server and domains. Performed and managed backups.
Distribution Process Worker
- Received, managed, stowed, inventoried, packed and shipped various materials around the world for various military and government agencies.